Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You all believe that Blizzard and Activision actually care about their appearance? HA!!!! A simple google search for Bobby Kotick's bonuses along side mass layoffs will show you they don't give a care about their appearance. What they do care about is MONEY.

Now I pose this theory to you. Mind you this is just me, but Its me thinking like Activsion-Blizzard, namely Bobby.

Oh cool, we got this expansion out and we wanna use Kael'thas again, also we're bringing back an older expansion with heavy Kael'thas voice lines in it and we will probably need to re-record most of them for better sound quality and such. Oh shit...we have a contract with this guy who at the time, was an up and coming voice actor, but now he's quite famous and his price is astronomical compared to back then... If we break the contract we can be sued to high heavens unless.... yes! YES!! The Morality Clause. If we cite the accusations brought against him... we can end his contract, remove his voice lines, and hire some new shmuck to record them for cheep! Oh...and I'll get to keep whatever extra money we were gonna pay him as a bonus... OH BOBBY YOU DONE IT AGAIN!!!!

That's my theory. Blizzard didn't fire him cause of Cancel Culture, or Me too, or anything of the sort. They fired him to save MONEY and used any excuse they could. Had Quinton not taken off cause of Metal Gear and other games, they would have defended him cause he would still be a cheep hire. However, because he is famous and worth a lot more, he got the boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quinton Flynn has spoken on the matter today with his version of the events, and has added that the court has judged in his favor against the person behind the twitter account "BewareQFlynn". https://twitter.com/quintonflynn/sta...97994120028171
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Yeah Quinton Flynn was found innocent in court. Social media witch hunt lol.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    You all believe that Blizzard and Activision actually care about their appearance?A simple google search for Bobby Kotick's bonuses along side mass layoffs will show you they don't give a care about their appearance. What they do care about is MONEY.
    Taking into account that they've took certain political stances, they care about it, as long as it doesn't cost them money.

Not laying off people out of fear of a loss of public image would cost them money if they deem those people no longer necessary for their operations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    Oh cool, we got this expansion out and we wanna use Kael'thas again, also we're bringing back an older expansion with heavy Kael'thas voice lines in it and we will probably need to re-record most of them for better sound quality and such.
    Blizzard does not have any issues with replacing VA's if they're too expensive unless they deem their role absolutely crucial, they don't need to wait until an opportune moment arises to ditch them.

Case in point: Arthas' VA.
    Originally, Arthas' VA was Justin Gross in Warcraft 3, but was replaced with Patrick Seitz in Wotlk, the reason behind it:

Unfortunately, no. After I completed my role as Arthas, Blizzard Ent. came back to me to reprise the role but for an embarrassingly low amount of money. The more money they made off of WOW, the less they wanted to pay their actors. So on the advice of my agent, I declined.
    But thank you for asking.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Justin_Gross

And that was pre Wotlk, before the Activision merger i might add.

That aside, rerecording voice lines obviously cost them money as well.
    Especially since Blizzard usually does not rerecord voice lines when they hire a new VA outside of the basic click on greetings.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-04-20 at 07:36 AM.

It sounds fine to me. The game has way bigger issues than Kaelthas’ voice actor being replaced...

Surprise to absolutely no one. Another innocent man taken down by cancel culture. He was found innocent in the court. Blizzard fired someone who didn't do anything based on a loose rumour.

https://twitter.com/quintonflynn/sta...97994120028171

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Allegations now are the same as convictions. Brave New World!
    Only when its against straight white men
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Not true, a conservative of any skin color as well.

I really wonder if any of these people from a few first pages of this thread will have 'balls' to admit hating him without being proven guilty...

Blizzard should make an official apology to this person... but sadly it will probably not happen...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-04-20 at 06:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Good point.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I really wonder if any of these people from a few first pages of this thread will have 'balls' to admit hating him without being proven guilty...

Blizzard should make an official apology to this person... but sadly it will probably not happen...
    They still have not brought back Swifty despite all claims against him pretty much having no proof or basis in fact so they will not bring back, or apologize to Quinton at all because it gives Bobby Kotick a fatter bonus check.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Ya mob justice is the new norm. Takes a few tweets and your fired now with nothing being proven. Best hope your online image is spotless if you are even remotely famous..
    For half the twitter goons it doesn't even matter if you did anything. One accusation from someone who wants attention or disagrees with your opinion and you're done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Surprise to absolutely no one. Another innocent man taken down by cancel culture. He was found innocent in the court. Blizzard fired someone who didn't do anything based on a loose rumour.

https://twitter.com/quintonflynn/sta...97994120028171
    No. A creep was taken down rightfully so. He just didn't do anything illegal. A creep using his fame for sexual favors is still predatory behavior regardless of if what he did always legal. I'd wash my hands of an employee or contractor if they were pieces if shit like this too.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No. A creep was taken down rightfully so. He just didn't do anything illegal. A creep using his fame for sexual favors is still predatory behavior regardless of if what he did always legal. I'd wash my hands of an employee or contractor if they were pieces if shit like this too.
    What someone does in their private life is literally none of your business as long as they dont do it at work. Im very active in my local kink community - which most people would think of as “weird” or “creepy” (or worse). Should i be de-personed and denied work (and therefore end up homeless and starving?) for that? If you woild answer “yes”, then YOU are the problem. Youre a shitty person. Full stop.

Edit: also, after i read his Twitter statement, i went and looked up the court case.

It wasnt just found that he “didnt do anything illegal” - it was found that it literally didnt happpen. She made it up. Her supporting witnesses all recanted. On the stand. It was found that she was stalking him on dozens of fake accounts and had made more accounts specifically to harass his wife, mother in law, and mother.

The judge expressly told her to get mental health care.

So, he lost work, potentially his career, over something that literally did not happen.

This is why social media cancel crusades are bad. He should sue everyone involved (including the other witnesses who lied and then recanted on the stand) for defamation and libel.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2021-04-20 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    So, he lost work, potentially his career, over something that literally did not happen.

This is why social media cancel crusades are bad. He should sue everyone involved (including the other witnesses who lied and then recanted on the stand) for defamation and libel.
    Maybe someday people will be punished for contributing to cancel culture online, but good luck with that.

What really matters is, the world is made a worse place by individuals being shithead cancel culture kneejerkers, and even if you don't get punished by society or the law for doing it, you're still making the world a worse place, for which everyone suffers - and it may come back to bite you in the ass unexpectedly some day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

... and this is what happens when people think they should take action before a fair trial.

Guy was innocent and Blizz are making fools of themselves. Cancel this voice replacement, i'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Hmm pretty sure you can't bring politics into a thread, but regardless that is false. Conservative has nothing to do with it.

I actually really dislike the new voice. Going back and paving over, replacing old voicelines is overkill, especially after he's been proven innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    ... and this is what happens when people think they should take action before a fair trial.

Guy was innocent and Blizz are making fools of themselves. Cancel this voice replacement, i'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm pretty sure you can't bring politics into a thread, but regardless that is false. Conservative has nothing to do with it.
    HAHAHAHA *wipes away tears* of course it doesn't buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I kind of agree with you mate.

You know, I got 30 days ban from FB just because I used a JOKE about "certain population" (had no bad words, no insults, no humiliation... etc, etc...)

And then, there was 1 post yday about rioters in USA setting fire to a historic Church.
    There, in comment section I saw 1 guy saying "Everyone should torch down every single Church. Only the burning Church can enlighten people." (it was something in such manner) . So, I reported that comment for hate speech against certain religion group. Guess what reply I got from "fb community team"? - That comment does NOT go against FB community standards.

DOUBLE standards?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You mean the allegations that came with audio recordings of him?

Maybe actually google this shit before you make a fool of yourself.

Yes, taken out of context. If you had waited, and watched to see what a judge said about it, you would know that he was cleared of all allegations, and that the judge found that Kristen had obsessively stalked Flynn. The irony here is that by rushing to judgement, you're simply proving the point of Alatie. I'm not even a big believer in "cancel culture", however I do agree with them that the idea of innocent until proven guilty has flown out the window, as shown by your response.