Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I really wonder if any of these people from a few first pages of this thread will have 'balls' to admit hating him without being proven guilty...

    Blizzard should make an official apology to this person... but sadly it will probably not happen...
    At this point they can't because it's an admission of guilt even though TECHNICALLY Blizzard participated in the spread of what is now considered libelous statements. While they didn't repeat said statements, they both directed people towards them as well as giving indication to them being truthful by their actions.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No. A creep was taken down rightfully so. He just didn't do anything illegal. A creep using his fame for sexual favors is still predatory behavior regardless of if what he did always legal. I'd wash my hands of an employee or contractor if they were pieces if shit like this too.
    Maybe don't go chasing fame if you don't want your "fame-chasing" ways to be used against you.

  3. #403
    Stood in the Fire Karreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beneath you. Devouring.
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Somarlane View Post
    Psssttt.....
    It's called hyperbole and sarcasm.
    Maybe learn what a fallacy is before you toss out the accusations.
    kthxbai
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

  4. #404
    that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Psssttt.....
    It's called hyperbole and sarcasm.
    Maybe learn what a fallacy is before you toss out the accusations.
    kthxbai
    The irony. o/
    Originally Posted by Daeleht (Blue Tracker)
    Post constructively
    or I'll press some different buttons next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    ...I buy an mmo-rpg I expect varying content with social interaction at the heart of it,
    not a twisted version of Diablo meets facebook!
    Perfect summations of my feelings on CRZ - why I want to like it but can't.

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by rotfllolstorm View Post
    I literally never post, I reativated this old account just to reply to you.
    By your logic, someone that pisses into their own month, deserve to be cancelled and can't have a job... because by your standards, it's weird?

    No1 here is defending his actions, if they happen to be truth after a trial in a court, not in a twitter public opinion.
    But this disgusting "cancel culture", that takes the time to delete/replace everything you did in the past that was/is perfectly legit, needs to stop!
    No, way to miss the point by a mile. My point is that if somebody does something which they could reasonably expect to lose their job over, and then they lose their job over it, that's not 'cancel culture'. That's them being irresponsible.

    Cancel culture is, in fact, a huge fucking problem. It would just be nice if people were better at recognising when shit is actually cancel culture, and when other shit is just the obvious consequences of certain behaviours.

    Obviously cancel culture is a Thing and actual instances of it should be called out, but it sure does weaken that argument when people cry cancel culture every time actions have consequences.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2021-04-25 at 07:14 PM.

  6. #406
    Warchief Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    No, way to miss the point by a mile. My point is that if somebody does something which they could reasonably expect to lose their job over, and then they lose their job over it, that's not 'cancel culture'. That's them being irresponsible.

    Cancel culture is, in fact, a huge fucking problem. It would just be nice if people were better at recognising when shit is actually cancel culture, and when other shit is just the obvious consequences of certain behaviours.

    Obviously cancel culture is a Thing and actual instances of it should be called out, but it sure does weaken that argument when people cry cancel culture every time actions have consequences.
    Actions have consequences, hmm? Then why haven't the people behind the smear campaign against Quinton Flynn been brought to justice yet? Or do only actions that aren't even true that are maliciously made up about white males count now? I'd call getting revenge on an ex for breaking up with you pretty CREEPY, but... that describes the woman in this situation. So obviously she should be taken to court for damages, her CONSEQUENCES, right?

    That news segment was posted on the 21st of April, yet here you are four days later still defending there being consequences to being Quinton Flynn. Thank you for your contribution.

    PS: this is why you don't believe people without good evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  7. #407
    Over 9000! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,098
    Sounds exactly the same. They should have hired Lee Pace to voice Kael'thas 2021, if they could afford him.

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Somarlane View Post
    That link is gold hahahahahahahah

  9. #409
    I'm talking in general terms my dude. My whole point in the first place was that we didn't know either way, so the people screaming about cancel culture had just as little evidence.

    Yeah, if someone makes shit up, there are also consequences. Why would you assume that I'm invested in the allegations being true? I don't give a fuck either way, but I'm not going to instantly defend a dude when I *literally don't have good enough evidence to do so*. We have new evidence now. My position has shifted. That's how this works. I didn't have a firm stance on the allegations to begin with, I just wasn't prepared to side with the guy until I actually knew which is a reasonable position to take.

    Weird that you'd go down the whole 'white males are so oppressed' route when nobody mentioned race or gender at all. My point is that not everything is cancel culture, and it's fucking weird that dudes on this forum get all hot under the collar about cancel culture whenever dudes get accused of anything before all the evidence is available, whether or not the allegations actually end up being true.

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    They still have not brought back Swifty despite all claims against him pretty much having no proof or basis in fact so they will not bring back, or apologize to Quinton at all because it gives Bobby Kotick a fatter bonus check.
    This utter nonsense again. Firing someone and hiring someone cheaoer does not put a dime in Kotick's paycheck or bonus check. And Blizzard has no reason to apologize as they can choose whoever thy want to do voice overs. But to claim it gives Kotick a fatter bonus check to to show ignorance.

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    These people be acting like we in some Orwellian nightmare when in reality its just a case of a company being a company.

    "Muh cancel culture, this person is getting hate on Twitter"

    Hit me up when the state enforces censorship, then we can talk.
    those same people are the same people who support putin and viktor orban

  12. #412
    Stood in the Fire Karreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beneath you. Devouring.
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Somarlane View Post
    The irony. o/
    Given your lack of understanding on fallacies, your use of that link was ironic. Good catch!
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by Somarlane View Post
    What exactly is a strawman here?

  14. #414
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Oh I see. So women coming forward with their stories of real sexual abuse could be a problem because of all the men who could potentially have their careers ruined by people who could potentially come forward with false allegations.

    What a fucking weird take for a person to have. If dudes stopped being rapey on such a massive scale it would make false allegations of sexual abuse much less credible, dont'cha think? Like, I'm not defending people making shit up here, but why should that ever be a consideration for somebody who is coming forward about something that actually happened to them? If somebody assaults me should I just not say anything because it fosters a culture where others could lie about assault? No dude. That culture is cultivated by perpetrators, not victims.
    All men have to pay because some other men are rapey? What a fucking weird take.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Cancelling someone purely based on allegations before court... social media mob rule has spoken!

    Used to be innocent until proven guilty... but people here are evidently more than happy to go with the backwards dangerous route of guilty until proven innocent.
    No, it's guilty until they get off a technically and now they're even more evil for beating the system so try to hang them even harder.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Cancelling someone purely based on allegations before court... social media mob rule has spoken!

    Used to be innocent until proven guilty... but people here are evidently more than happy to go with the backwards dangerous route of guilty until proven innocent.
    Welcome to 2020/2021. Same happened with the Broly voice actor. ( DBZ )

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    All men have to pay because some other men are rapey? What a fucking weird take.
    Welcome to mmo-champ, one of the dumbest forums to have discussions like these on.

  18. #418
    Does this apply to Classic TBC also? I hope not.

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    All men have to pay because some other men are rapey? What a fucking weird take.
    Yeah I already explained this, but you reactionaries have such a fuckin strong victim mentality so it keeps coming up.

    Obviously I'm not saying that people who don't perpetuate rape culture should be actively punished because of those who do. That's literally the dumbest possible interpretation of what I wrote. The point is that unless we actively take steps to foster an environment where men doing creepy shit online isn't tolerated, including women with real experiences coming forward about them, the consequence is that men are harmed as a result.

    If I invite a woman back to my house by herself, it could either be a completely safe situation, or it could be completely unsafe. The point is that there are enough rapey dudes out there that she doesn't have a good way of knowing which one it is.

    Obviously #notallmen, but if you get thrown into a pit of 10 snakes and only one of them is venomous, how far does #notallsnakes get you? You're going to have to be suspicious of all of them. That's the harm. It's not some batshit moral imperative where we're 'punishing men', it's just practically what happens when a large enough number of men are empowered to act in predatory ways that it becomes a practical issue.

    When you immediately jump to denounce alleged victims of predatory behaviour before we actually have all the facts, you're not protecting men. It makes the problem worse. That's my point - but sure, just go ahead and ignore all the nuance there so you can go back to thinking that men are the real victims of sexual assault against women lmao.

    I'm all for improving the situation for men, but I don't think that attacking #metoo is the way to go about it for the reasons I've just explained. Keep your bullshit moral imperatives. I'm only interested in practical solutions.

    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Welcome to mmo-champ, one of the dumbest forums to have discussions like these on.
    You're right. Mostly because people don't understand nuance and jump to 1head interpretations of opposing viewpoints because, shockingly, they're more interested in the appearance of being right than any actual discussion.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2021-04-26 at 09:10 AM.

  20. #420
    Warchief Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Weird that you'd go down the whole 'white males are so oppressed' route when nobody mentioned race or gender at all. My point is that not everything is cancel culture, and it's fucking weird that dudes on this forum get all hot under the collar about cancel culture whenever dudes get accused of anything before all the evidence is available, whether or not the allegations actually end up being true.
    Maybe they're just tired of seeing things happen like what happened to Quinn, or some fathers being seen as creepy for being with their own fucking children. And I also said "PS: this is why you don't believe people without good evidence." That cuts both ways.

    My problem is that while #MeToo is justified and all, most of the time, the pendulum has swung way too far the other way away from traditional silencing of women's accusations, to the point an influential minority on twitter will never apologize, never stop assuming guilt on the part of a (often white) male accused of sexual indiscretion, which you seem to either be okay with or not too upset about it being this way. My fundamental problem with twitter justice is the complete lack of control and restrictions on it - the founding fathers of America gave government limits and distributed powers among the different branches for a good reason, and twitter SJW crucifixions have no good counter currently. They aren't even reversed in their damaging effects by a court's findings! How can you not be scared of such power being used for ill?

    To me, the big concern with cancel culture isn't any one particular case, or skirmishes over sexual allegations, it's the potential for it to end up being "cancel all non-Christians!" if Trumpism wins or "cancel everyone who is against direct payment slavery reparations!" if SJW extreme left wins. The mob ruling is simply too volatile, too dangerous. And I find it ludicrous when we talk about how big tech and social media needs to be regulated, but no one says, "Hmmm, maybe we should do something to address twitter mobs and cancel culture?" People more concerned with what Zuckerberg knows about their personal lives, than if the foundations for a mobocracy are being set up by individual foolish actions and twitter mobs.

    I've looked at history plenty, and it's very sad and disgusting to me how close we've come to old witch hunts like the McCarthy era anti-Communism fervor or the literal witch hunts of the Salem Witch Trials. Basically if a single accusation can ruin someone's life and career, or even seriously damage it, with no real counterbalance to it, damn right I'm going to complain about white dudes getting screwed. Just because a group was oppressed, we give them too much power, so they can do something like what was done to them, to their former oppressors, and we call it justice. Well, SJWs call it justice, anyways.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2021-04-27 at 11:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •