Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noremorze View Post
    Oh look, the deplorables crying about cancel culture again. People like you is why people don't come forward.
    The theme of the westerns world today, is basically crying. We've set the time back at least 2000 years, where you couldn't say "yes, I'm the son of god" without getting nailed to a cross.
    So if education and information at our fingertip won't help our sorry asses, only war seems to reset our minds and make us ask wtf are we doing?

Great, just great.
    We've lost one of the most inconic voices from the game just because ALLEGATIONS.
    99,99% players do not care about personal lives of these people and what they do/did.
    Holy shit... If they dare change it in Classic TBC too i will be mad...

10+ Year Old Account
    Researched it, and it seems likely that he's responsible for at the very least, inappropriate actions towards minors. I can only assume Blizzard is convinced he did it aswell.

People using the innocent until proven guilty line totally out of context here. Blizzard is not a courthouse, and can not sentence him under any law. However, as a private business, they have every right to change any voice actor they wish, for literally any reason. I'm not usually one for defending Blizzard in any way, but there is no problem here.

So no, he's not cancelled. He still did a job, and got paid a long time ago. Flynn here has no right for his work to be eternalized by a company he briefly worked with.

Oh look, the deplorables crying about cancel culture again. People like you is why people don't come forward.
    What, you'd be in favour of losing your job, having your career destroyed, and your friends and family turned against you over allegations you know are false?

Yea, that's how fucking stupid you sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Great, just great.
    We've lost one of the most inconic voices from the game just because ALLEGATIONS.
    99,99% players do not care about personal lives of these people and what they do/did.
    Holy shit... If they dare change it in Classic TBC too i will be mad...
    No he was outed as a creep. I wouldn't want my game to be associated with someone like him either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    What, you'd be in favour of losing your job, having your career destroyed, and your friends and family turned against you over allegations you know are false?

Yea, that's how fucking stupid you sound.
    Kind of a poor comparison considering they weren't false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you guys even care? Honestly, now.

Blizzard deemed the allegations credible enough (they have used him as a VA for a long time now, they probably have something of an understanding of his behavior. Better than you lot, for sure), or the allegations being damaging enough to their reputation, that they didn't want to be associated with him anymore.

Blizzard can do as they please.

Bunch of drama queens...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

SJWism should be a crime with same punishment as terrorism. It's pretty much the same - "the unlawful use of intimidation in the pursuit of political aims" (social justice PR is very much political).

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    No he was outed as a creep. I wouldn't want my game to be associated with someone like him either.
    Burn him alive, crucify or whatever ppl will do with their pitchforks but personally I DO NOT CARE what he does/did in his personal life.
    I recognise only his voice and without reading the article i would not even know his real name.
    Blizzard just should stop partnership with him and move on without changing the past.

I wonder if the voices in Burning Crusade Classic (and perhaps Warcraft 3 Reforged) will also be changed.

On a side note, the article is a bit misleading. According even to the very tweeter account BewareQFlynn that is sharing the informations, nothing points at him doing anything illegal or targeting minors. What they say is that he flirted with fans, which can be seen as abusing power. And also that he wasn't straightforward, he did not directly told them he sought sex. So the allegations are not criminal, but more about morally questionable behavior.
    Last edited by Koward; 2021-04-16 at 07:02 AM.

Burn him alive, crucify or whatever ppl will do with their pitchforks but personally I DO NOT CARE what he does/did in his personal life.
    I recognise only his voice and without reading the article i would not even know his real name.
    I'm 100% sure that you would care what he does in his personal life. You just have a high bar of acceptable behavior before you actually starting caring.

There is a difference between caring and being oblivious to the fact btw.

Blizzard just should stop partnership with him and move on without changing the past.
    Burning Crusade from 2007 remains unchanged so far.

You're missing the point. Regardless of whether the allegations of illegal conduct are true, there's solid evidence he used the fame they (partially) gave him to be a creep. Blizzard isn't looking to burn or crucifying him. They're just removing themselves from the equation. If he wants to go around fucking fan girls he's still free to do that, but he's not going to do so with credentials that include Blizzard's most well known games.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Why do you guys even care? Honestly, now.
    How is it difficult to grasp why people are against cancel culture?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    sexual harassment doesnt always imply legal consequences,this is more about optics,blizzard just doesnt want to be seen to be associated with a slimebag
    So Blizzard (scumbags) don't want to be seen with a slimebag?

Maybe they can both cancel each other and everyone will win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    So Blizzard (scumbags) don't want to be seen with a slimebag?

Maybe they can both cancel each other and everyone will win?
    well...the customer is free to ''cancel'' blizzard all they want

Good thing that you have your priorities straight. Your gaming experience is indeed far more important than sexual harasment.

I'm 100% sure that you would care what he does in his personal life. You just have a high bar of acceptable behavior before you actually starting caring.

There is a difference between caring and being oblivious to the fact btw.
    Again: it is just iconic voice for me that will be suddenly changed.
    I do not care about anthing else.

I did not stop listening Michael Jackson due allegations against him... i keep doing it because i like his music.

Burning Crusade from 2007 remains unchanged so far.
    I really hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You're missing the point. Regardless of whether the allegations of illegal conduct are true, there's solid evidence he used the fame they (partially) gave him to be a creep. Blizzard isn't looking to burn or crucifying him. They're just removing themselves from the equation. If he wants to go around fucking fan girls he's still free to do that, but he's not going to do so with credentials that include Blizzard's most well known games.
    Well, i have admit that you are right.
    ... but how many people in 1 month would remember random name connected to their game?

Good thing that you have your priorities straight. Your gaming experience is indeed far more important than sexual harasment.
    Totally missed the point...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-04-16 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    The way it read to me was just that he used his fame (meager though it is) to be a sleazy womanizer. Is it a crime? No. But it's pretty gross to use a position of power and/or influence to indulge in that type of behavior. Blizzard is well within their right to not want to support a person like that. One might say "well, that's his private life", but at the same time its his work with companies like Blizzard that put him in a position to be a creep and target more women.

That's my take on this particular person/case. I know there were also allegations of illegal behavior, and while those allegations may also have influenced Blizzard's decision I think their actions are well within reason based solely on the stories that seem to ring true. If a guy wants to have sex with a bunch of women, that's fine by me. If he's using a position that I put him in to do that, then I'd probably fire him as well.
    You say it like using your status to help get laid is an awful thing, when probably 99% of humanity has been doing that since the dawn of time. Not only that, the vast majority of women will only hook up with people they perceive as having status.

Sounds like he's flirting with them and they're trying to frame it in the most negative light possible for whatever reason.

Looks like another cancel culture victim sadly.

I like the new voice acting more. It's less dramatic and flamboyant.
    In TBC there was this joke of Blood Elves having two versions of females to pick, and no males, so it was okay as they where kind of... well, you know.

It seems that Quinton Flynn voiced both Frozen Throne and TBC, but I recall the former being more calm. What we got in TBC was self centered drama queen.
    Though that is probably audio directors decision.

Know a tree by its fruit, not by what it looks like or you will never enjoy anything ever again, food, music, movies, cars, countries.

Let me have it, i know i will get flamed for saying that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFinlot View Post
    I like the new voice acting more. It's less dramatic and flamboyant.
    In TBC there was this joke of Blood Elves having two versions of females to pick, and no males, so it was okay as they where kind of... well, you know.

It seems that Quinton Flynn voiced both Frozen Throne and TBC, but I recall the former being more calm. What we got in TBC was self centered drama queen.
    Though that is probably audio directors decision.
    That was because Kael slowly went mad and powerhungry between Frozen Throne and TBC. Became more arrogant the more power he accumulated in Tempest Keep.

Kael in TFT was humbled and melancholy for the suffering of his people, by TBC he is the equivalent of "the Doctor triumphant" in Dr. Who, arrogantly thinking they are master of the universe before them.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol