Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    If your kids went to a school where there was a teacher who was accused by multiple girls of sexually harassing them, there were screenshots of his DMs to them, and there was an audio recording of him saying sexual things to a girl, would you tolerate his presence in the school for one single second after that? No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't sit there pontificating about the need for a trial and his right to be around your children until the courts prove something. Get a fucking grip.
    Sure, you put up a specific scenario when I talk about broader picture of allegations. Not really comparable.
    It's like you coming up with a scenario of a murderer killing my three kids and me wanting to kill the mfer even though I'm against the death penalty. "lol you would want to kill this dude if this happened to you" probably yeah... but there's also a reason why victims should rarely decide the fate of someone. It's why you are not allowed to kill someone unless it's in self defense even if they killed someone you hold dear. It has to do with what kind of society you want to live in.

    In your situation, ignore the evidence(also requires verified evidence), because that surely changes things dramatically. Lets say there was just allegations, no proof of any sort that have been posted to anyone or anything. I would call for a temporary leave during the investigation of the ordeal. That way you remove them from the victims if true for protection but not yeeting someone before we even know they are guilty or not.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    You cannot groom underage people... and be suprised if they keep the voice messages
    Is there any actual evidence of that?
    After a quick look it seemed to be women. And again nothing illegal. Just dumb fans falling for someone famous.

  3. #143
    Warchief vsb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mongoloid
    Posts
    2,082
    New voice is terrible. Those puritans are ruining my game. Stop it.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Is there any actual evidence of that?
    After a quick look it seemed to be women. And again nothing illegal. Just dumb fans falling for someone famous.
    Brands might not want to be associated with a creepy weirdo regardless of the legal status of his actions.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    As I previously said, Blizzard has been working with this guy for a long time now. They know this guy better than you or myself, and whether there might be merit to these allegations or not. The "side" I'm picking, is the one where Blizzard is able to make decisions for themselves, and whether or not working with this guy might potentially hurt their reputation or not. Blizzard is not obligated to offer a job for him. I doubt this decision was made on a whim. Blizzard is like any Triple-A cunt these days, where money is everything. And deciding to replace all of his voice-lines comes with a cost.

    This is not a situation where society is heading anywhere in particular. It's what it has always been, as I said. A business doesn't want to be associated with a person anymore. That's all there is to this story.
    Sure absolutely. Anyone can do whatever they want. Same as I can voice my opinion on it... I don't like it, and the fact that it's "business as usual", as you say, makes it worse. I wish we head away from this business because in the end this also hurts real victims. Because extreme measures on one side often results in equal extremes on the other. I think you can't deny that in any allegation case or, hell, any criminal case that's ongoing often leads to 2 sides harassing each other... I just wish that wasn't a thing. That includes death threats to victims as well as the accused and sometimes even violence... all because people made up their mind instantly.

    As I said, it's all about the society you want to live in, if you are OK with this, sure... I don't agree with it though.
    also, to clarify, I've been talking about allegations and cancelations on quick notice in general rather than this specific case if that wasn't clear.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sure, you put up a specific scenario when I talk about broader picture of allegations. Not really comparable.
    It's like you coming up with a scenario of a murderer killing my three kids and me wanting to kill the mfer even though I'm against the death penalty. "lol you would want to kill this dude if this happened to you" probably yeah... but there's also a reason why victims should rarely decide the fate of someone. It's why you are not allowed to kill someone unless it's in self defense even if they killed someone you hold dear. It has to do with what kind of society you want to live in.

    In your situation, ignore the evidence(also requires verified evidence), because that surely changes things dramatically. Lets say there was just allegations, no proof of any sort that have been posted to anyone or anything. I would call for a temporary leave during the investigation of the ordeal. That way you remove them from the victims if true for protection but not yeeting someone before we even know they are guilty or not.
    But there *is* physical evidence here, and corroborating allegations are evidence too.

    Or is your argument that if a dozen girls accuse a teacher of touching them, the teacher should only be fired if there is a video?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Thank you for taking a break from you're male feminist rally planning to comment on my post.

    1) You're twisting my words to create a different narrative and calling that new narrative stupid.

    2) Lol okay dude. Good luck with thinking that isn't the case. Let me know how that works out for you.

    3) From what I've gathered, they're fans of his. He flirted with them thinking they're fans and they like him.

    4) Are you assuming you know what I think cancel culture is?
    I love how you think being a male feminist is the pejorative you think it is.

    1) Ah yes the ultimate defense of "That's not what I meant, idiot!"...while not actually explaining what you meant.

    2) Oh I was mistaken then. It was pulled out of your ass. My bad.

    3) It's power dynamics 101. He was grooming underaged fans as well.

    Even setting all that aside, being a fan of someone is not an invitation for sexual harassment.

    4) Typically those who complain about cancel culture, have the wrong idea of it. So yep.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    But there *is* physical evidence here, and corroborating allegations are evidence too.

    Or is your argument that if a dozen girls accuse a teacher of touching them, the teacher should only be fired if there is a video?
    Cool, and I don't talk about this specific case, I talk about allegations leading to cancelations in general.
    I also gave an answer to your new question in my quote. I suggest reading it, if you did you would realise that's not at all what I said.

  9. #149
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    13,878
    preferer the old voice, way more emotion in each of the words.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Cool, and I don't talk about this specific case, I talk about allegations leading to cancelations in general.
    I also gave an answer to your new question in my quote. I suggest reading it, if you did you would realise that's not at all what I said.
    Enjoy your fictional, hypothetical scenarios. I'll be over here dealing with the real world if you need me.

    "But what if the situations was totally different! Then things would be different!" is apparently what passes for critical thought these days.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Brands might not want to be associated with a creepy weirdo regardless of the legal status of his actions.
    So if a girl you hooked up with publishes online private sexual things, you should lose your job because a puritarian find it creepy ? Just found out the audio, and well that's just private stuff people can do. Nothing particular.
    I was pretty sure that things like revenge porn were illegal.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    So if a girl you hooked up with publish online private sexual things, you should lose your job because a puritarian find it creepy ? Just found out the audio, and well that's just private stuff people can do. Nothing particular.
    I see we have another person that can't understand the difference between unsolicited and solicited sexual messages. Do you also find it confusing that when someone wants to have sex with you it is fine, but if they don't it isn't fine?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Enjoy your fictional, hypothetical scenarios. I'll be over here dealing with the real world if you need me.

    "But what if the situations was totally different! Then things would be different!" is apparently what passes for critical thought these days.
    You're saying this after you threw a hypothetical at me? Oh boy... thanks for the laugh.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You're saying this after you threw a hypothetical at me? Oh boy... thanks for the laugh.
    I threw a hypothetical where there was evidence, to correlate with a situation where there is evidence. You want to talk about situations where there isn't evidence as though that is meaningful. "I know he is guilty, but hear me out, what if someone is accused and THERE ISN'T EVIDENCE?!?!?!" This is even lower than stoned-out dorm room philosophy.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Let me wrap my head around this logic: It's not the people defending this behavior that approve of it... it's the people who don't approve of it that actually approve of it?

    Rock solid logic buddy.
    Just telling you it as it is.

    It's usually the people who are really invested in telling everyone how "bad" something is who get caught actually really being into it themselves.
    - The One and Only, the Legendary, the Mighty - You might recognize me from the forum signatures of lesser mortals obsessed with me. -
    Vexing little man-babies and normies on the internet since before you were born.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Just telling you it as it is.

    It's usually the people who are really invested in telling everyone how "bad" something is who get caught actually really being into it themselves.
    So, according to your logic, it isn't NAMBLA and other child molestation advocates that approve of child molestation, it is actually people who disapprove of child molestation that want to molest children?

    This is how you think the world works?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    So if a girl you hooked up with publishes online private sexual things, you should lose your job because a puritarian find it creepy ? Just found out the audio, and well that's just private stuff people can do. Nothing particular.
    I was pretty sure that things like revenge porn were illegal.
    "Should"?

    And it's not a new phenomenon, where you are fired, based on your facebook messaging, and whatnot. Based on, yes, your private life. Which is why you should be somewhat careful what you post publicly, because chances are, your employer will check it out.

    Again, this is nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I threw a hypothetical where there was evidence, to correlate with a situation where there is evidence. You want to talk about situations where there isn't evidence as though that is meaningful. "I know he is guilty, but hear me out, what if someone is accused and THERE ISN'T EVIDENCE?!?!?!" This is even lower than stoned-out dorm room philosophy.
    You are way off with your understanding of what I've said. You do you, I leave you to it.
    PS. nice moving of goalposts with the hypothetical btw.

    Enjoy your day.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You are way off with your understanding of what I've said. You do you, seems like being irrational through emotion is your schtick, I leave you to it.
    PS. nice moving of goalposts with the hypothetical btw.

    Enjoy your day.
    I hope you enjoyed kicking over the pieces and declaring victory.

    I'll still be over here in the real world if you need me. Enjoy your fantasy scenarios.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  20. #160
    Personally don't like the pauses in the new voiceover , unless they are separate lines to be stitched together to flow better

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •