Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can we please stop cancelling people that early? Nowadays I feel like everyone thinks he is a detective.

There will be an investigation and a trial if necessary. I know that with sexual assault/grooming years ago, it is very unlikely that even a guilty person will be convicted. But what should we do?
    Announcing people guilty, just based on accusations, is imo, very dangerous for a democracy. That is what dictatorships do.

Also, if you think that this is so wrong.... Feel free to come up with a better system, to decide guilt in these cases.

The new voice is shit and the Twitter account making the allegations has gone private. Ridiculous situation. Hopefully someone will make an addon to replace the new voice with the OG one.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    Same. Yours is the only post I've seen in 5 pages of this thread.

I think players are stopping to care about retail WoW these days. With Blizzard trying to turn WoW into eSport, rampant boosting spam (and absolutely nothing being done about it) and general lack of creativity from WoW developers, WoW became a shitshow fewer and fewer people care about.
    It is so odd, people always say "so few care about WoW". But yet here we all are, clicking on a thread reading through stuff regarding such a stupid game.

10+ Year Old Account
    New VA tries too hard, extends too much.

Somethimes I just pray that PC Culture will find some nasty things about Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Linus Torvalds, Samuel Hurst, Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee, Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, Evan Williams, Mark Zuckerberg, and some other big Inventor names that complete this Internet / Hardware / Software social interaction as a whole, so the PC Cancel Culture cult can stop using all of those hardware and softwares, mediums and devices, so we could live in a normal/human world where we KNOW there is good and bad, but we know how to approach that, by selecting what is good from everything and everyone and canceling/repairing/acknowledging what is bad from everything and everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair the new VO isn't half bad in comparison. :P

I went straight to the Magister's Terrace line since that's my favourite and he wasnt half bad. He does a good enough job that it isnt too distracting from the old one. So I am fine with this.

Its a lot more faithful than the current Sylvanas one. I cannot hear Sylvanas' voice without thinking of Louis from Family Guy. Vashj was another VO they replaced in TBC that I hated, loved the Wc3 Vashj VA but for some reason they changed her voice in TBC to someone that sounded nothing like her.

with all the changes Blizzard has made to the old VA over the years the Kael one is far better.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-16 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    To be fair the new VO isn't half bad on comparison. :P
    It is not bad, but the years of hearing "don't look so smug" .... can't be changed, that seems perfect there. The was exactly what was needed for that character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    It is not bad, but the years of hearing "don't look so smug" .... can't be changed, that seems perfect there. The was exactly what was needed for that character.
    Compared to some of the other actors they replaced over the years. I think the Kael one of one of the better ones.

Sylvanas and Vashj replacements were horrible. At least the Kael one attempts to sound like the old one :P

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    New kael voice sounds like some one just reading lines amd not actually talking.

He was my favorite character back then, but the voice of him was such a iconic thing. Changing it destroys that image.

Shame.. a real damn shame. Sylvanas voice chance was also realy bad. Patty never nailed Sylvanas voice if I compare it to warcraft 3. That voice was realy sylvanas.

They butchered the Lich King's voice too in Wrath because they made a laughable offer to Justin Gross who killed it in Reign of Chaos/Frozen Throne and went with a nobody because it was cheap.

Well, at least the hired someone that had a similar voice.

This isn't some punishment to evildoers, this is pure PR. They just don't want to tarnish their reputation by being associated with the man.

That said. If we removed or stopped using things on the basis that someone who worked on them committed a crime, or had done something morally questionable, we wouldn't have culture at all. Or society for that matter. At some point you need to face the fact that it's necessary to separate the artist from the art.

And before you know it, they'll all be coming out of the woodwork "He once breathed in my direction... in 1996."

By no means mocking those who truly suffered at the hand of some people and were too afraid to speak up at the time, however a lot of cases you hear and read about these days make a fool of the process and see it as an opportunity to get money and ruin innocent peoples lives.

The new voice sounds so scripted and lacks any charisma. Hopefully they won't touch WC3, HotS and Classic TBC.

The new voice is trying too hard.

Same for Sylvanas(compared to the Wc3 one).

About allegations: lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynnxx View Post
    And before you know it, they'll all be coming out of the woodwork "He once breathed in my direction... in 1996."

By no means mocking those who truly suffered at the hand of some people and were too afraid to speak up at the time, however a lot of cases you hear and read about these days make a fool of the process and see it as an opportunity to get money and ruin innocent peoples lives.
    The ball will bounce back so fucking hard, and therein lies the tragedy. Most humans seems to operate on the extremes, just take a look at fitness, it kinda started there 20 years ago. Before it had to be evidence to convict a man, soon it's gonna be merely a rumor, and before you know it, all women are lying witches, burn them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Older version was better, don't care whose voice was that.

I do actually like the new voice actor honestly. Maybe because it's re-recorded and just sounds a bit cleaner, but yeah, the average player wouldn't even notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the new voice actor but the "For....Quel'thalas" when you defeat Kael at Tempest Keep the old one much better voicing that line. He sounds shocked, surprised, and sad, while the new one is just barely any emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    New guy doesn't really hit the same as the old voice, but it was the same with Medivh when they switched him too. Not a big deal.
    Agree. Hearing the voices side by side I think the original guy sounds a bit more menacing, cynical and arrogant... but it's fairly minor and I wouldn't even notice that it had been changed if I hadn't been told about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Sounds exactly the same except the new version has more reverb than the old
    The difference is very minor... I doubt even 5% of people would have noticed it had been changed if they hadn't been told.

Even if someone had told me it had been changed i'd still struggle to discern the difference...