Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    In this case he took the allgeations to court and won. But, I guess that doesn't matter because you know, cancel culture!
    And his employer still decided that they don't want to continue a working relationship with him anymore and decided to re-record his former voice lines with the replacement they hired for him. I don't see the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    That was exactly my point. I wasn’t being serious but showing how absurdly stupid your kind sound trying to defend this person. Don’t see this crap happening to any other voice actor in wow. Is it just not their days to be picked to be canceled? Waiting on someone to with high iq to post the canceling calendar so I can be more educated on the timeline for the next voice actor to be canceled
    Shouldn't be calling people absurdly stupid when you can't even read....

Meh, the old one is better (obviously, it's Raiden).

cancelling someone based on allegations is really frightening. reminds me of Asian/Japanese work culture to some extent, with all their "muh honor" crap.
    Last edited by guisadop; 2021-04-16 at 03:04 PM.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

God I hate woke cancel culture. Im so glad the United states justice systems is built on innocent until proven guilty. Wasted development dollars because of an allegation, which DOES NOT mean it's true. Furthermore, his voice recording for kael'thas have nothing to do with him. Why change a classic wow voice because on online internet shit flinging? New blizzard blows lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, no offense but listening to his slimy douchebag voice, are we surprised he turned out to be a sex offender?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Maybe you need the government to sign off on things before you believe them, but I don’t. I have ears. You’ve somehow convinced yourself that “I can’t figure things out myself until the government rubber stamps it for me and tells me what to think” is some kind of super genius way to think.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I’m not leaving creepy sexual messages on phones and harassing teenage girls, I’ll be ok.
    You are incredibly short sighted. Sure this guys is being accused and cancelled for doing something our society deems bad, but what happens when its something you do is then considered bad? you may not have even done it, but if accused of it, boom your gone. Think ahead man...

- - - Updated - - -

5 GUYS

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    It becomes harder to prepare for voice recording when your voice actor might end up in jail.
    Except he won his court case and he did nothing illegal. The women were all 20-30 by the way. All it is is creepy text messages and voice-mail of supposedly girlfriends at the time. None of the accusations are of anything actually illegal.

The problem is that people hear "sexual .... accusations" and assumed that he raped them and that they were minors.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-04-16 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Always good to see allegations are enough to insta cancel somebody instead of waiting for it to be true but hey ho cancel culture is the hype nowadays innocent until proven guilty is just a joke from the past to most people now.
    So what exactly was cancelled? Has he been removed from existence? Is he no longer able to earn a living?Someone does something stupid, they don't deserve to keep privileges, especially if it involves criminal acts or just being a shitty person.

But we don't know why he wasn't brought back. It's just hearsay at this point. Maybe he was difficult to work with or had scheduling conflicts.

This whole faux concern about "cancel culture" is stupid since no one get cancelled. It's just consequences for poor decisions.
    Th

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    God I hate woke cancel culture. Im so glad the United states justice systems is built on innocent until proven guilty. Wasted development dollars because of an allegation, which DOES NOT mean it's true. Furthermore, his voice recording for kael'thas have nothing to do with him. Why change a classic wow voice because on online internet shit flinging? New blizzard blows lol
    Unless you are a minority. Sure if you are a white male it's just.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Hahaha oh man. You are a certain kinda special, arent you?
    *cough* Amber Heard *cough*

I'm no victim blamer. I'm no "we shouldn't cancel anybody" type of person. I sympathize with victims. I've experienced being forced into unwanted things by a woman before.

What pisses me off are the people that make things so much harder on the victims by causing massive distrust and skepticism in sexual allegation claims such as this. And that distrust is there for a very, very good reason.

There is a large amount of women who make claims of all kinds against male coworkers, ex partners, family members, or anyone they want very petty revenge on. This makes it hard to trust and makes it much harder to prove an actual legitimate accusation in court. And because of this, more actual sexual predators get away.

Men's lives are being ruined for the sake of revenge. And this push of "guilty until proven innocent" is a machination of it. Rumours breaks out hard and fast, and sometimes it doesn't even matter if you clear your name in court. People will still demonize you.

While picking up birth control pills with my girlfriend at the women's clinic, A highschool girl and two of her friends were there in the waiting room to see about an abortion. (Which I absolutely support btw) I got to hear all the drama about it, and one of them chirps up with "Why don't you just lie and say he raped you?"

So, forgive people for their skepticism on the topic at hand. People don't find it easy to just snap a person in half over rumours. Why it's being normalized, I don't know, and it only pushed me further from society.

How far from equality are we if a woman can outright claim she date raped men to steal their money but she's only rewarded with responses such as "oh you were struggling, you had to do it to survive!" "Yas queen!", (Citation: Cardi B. Look it up.) but if a man so much as gets baselessly accused of sexual harassment, he's demonized and has his life ruined?
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-04-16 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    You are incredibly short sighted. Sure this guys is being accused and cancelled for doing something our society deems bad, but what happens when its something you do is then considered bad?
    You suffer the consequences of doing something bad.

you may not have even done it, but if accused of it, boom your gone. Think ahead man...
    There's audio recordings that anyone can listen to. It's not a matter of wether he "did it" but whether a matter of "was being a creep in this way technically a crime or not?"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you mean like you just made a total fool out of yourself with this post, last time i checked the 'court of public opinion' had no legal power whatsoever, meaning that even if it was the scummiest thing you could say possible on that recording, it means absolutely fuck all from a legal standpoint and should be considered 'innocent until proven guilty' as stated by the person you quoted, but hey, i guess you ppl of the twatter generation who just destroy the lives of potentially innocent people because 'mom my feelings got hurt wah wah wah!' etc, it's disgusting and you should be ashamed to be associated with such practices.
    gotta love when people go on about "innocent until proven guilty" nonsense. That's a legal parameter. If someone murders someone on camera, they are legally innocent until "proven guilty." That doesn't and shouldn't protect them from criticism or social judgment. Also, legal systems fail all the time. Being ruled innocent in a court of law doesn't mean they didn't do the thing they were on trial for.

The guy was recorded harassing people. He did it. That's all you should need to judge him on a personal level (assuming you're a reasonable and good person, at least).

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All things aside, I was never a big fan of the original KTS voice if only because whenever he talked it sounded like he was kind of whining.

You mean the allegations that came with audio recordings of him?

Maybe actually google this shit before you make a fool of yourself.
    "Of course, it should be mentioned that the allegations against Flynn have not been proven in a court of law to be truthful, even if the trend of these accusations and many recorded conversations are convincing" - from the article pinned on this the news

"Also, this page never said he did anything illegal or specifically targeted minors. Let's make that clear. I said he uses his fan base to find women that he can use his fame to make feel special and then get them to do as he pleases, while lying about his actual intentions" - also from this article

"It should also be noted, and @BewareQFlynn also mentions, that this does not reflect on the characters that Flynn has played, and inversely, any goodwill garnered by his career should not apply to his personal life. There are times when people in a position of power abuse that power, whether it be gaming industry executives accused of misconduct, or entertainers who use their celebrity status to abuse the trust of their fans. These allegations are never a cut and dry sort of situation, and fans and detractors can easily be drawn to take sides before all of the information is out there" - and more

once again i am not claiming that he is not guilty but he should be innocent until proven otherwise, and i am fine with blizzard cutting ties with him but dont cancel fictional creation coz artist done something...

7+ Year Old Account
    so yeah ill be staying on classic servers. now they are makign bullshit raider IO part of teh game itself. not doin it. done liek it dont want it. creates so much more toxic BS for people who arent on all day every day and play a few hours a week.

Maybe it's just that none of those people are weird sex creeps.

It's amazing how many people want to die on the hill of defending sex creeps.
    And if one of those people I've specified earlier is found guilty of sexual harassment, you promise you will never use the lightbulb, or windows, or linux, or touchscreen devices ever again ?

If your kids went to a school where there was a teacher who was accused by multiple girls of sexually harassing them, there were screenshots of his DMs to them, and there was an audio recording of him saying sexual things to a girl, would you tolerate his presence in the school for one single second after that? No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't sit there pontificating about the need for a trial and his right to be around your children until the courts prove something. Get a fucking grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Very little he is accused of is potentially a crime. He is mostly just accused of being a really creepy, pushy weirdo that leaves girls creepy sex messages and texts. That's not necessarily a crime, but it's certainly enough to warrant not wanting your brand associated with him.

Or do you think there should be no such thing as firing someone for anything but a crime?
    So if that teacher that should be fired, has made some great projects along the way, like helping some kids get in school, or trips to NASA, or anything good, what we do, we end all the good stuff just becasue he did SOMETHING WRONG ? Just like proffesor Walter Lewin, we should erase all his youtube videos, that are really great, just because he was found guilty in an internal investigation, the accusation being online sexual harassment.

You guys trying to argue with the woke crowd of twatter brigade and sjws is a bit silly. They're all perfect people who have never and will never do anything wrong because they get to determine what is "right". You can't win arguments about opinions, especially from a group of people who change their viewpoints based on whatever metric scores them the most social points with their ideological peers on social media.

Honestly, their viewpoints and arguments aren't worth acknowledging. Stop engaging them, just let them circle jerk themselves until they get tuckered out and bored.

[QUOTE=SirBeef;53134661]So what exactly was cancelled? Has he been removed from existence? Is he no longer able to earn a living?Someone does something stupid, they don't deserve to keep privileges, especially if it involves criminal acts or just being a shitty person.

But we don't know why he wasn't brought back. It's just hearsay at this point. Maybe he was difficult to work with or had scheduling conflicts.

This whole faux concern about "cancel culture" is stupid since no one get cancelled. It's just consequences for poor decisions.
    Th

If it involes criminal acts but you dont know that nobody knows it for sure its not been proven if it will ever be proven you cant say its poor decisions since you have 0 clue if its true or not stop acting like he is guilty without any fucking >>>EVIDENCE<<<.

Quote Originally Posted by RareBeast View Post
    /sigh

I only came here to see what people thought about the mythic+ score stuff.........
    A dumb idea then, A dumb idea now, and a dumb idea in the future. Will create a divide in the community even more as some will see it as being sanctioned by Blizzard since it's an official system. I doubt I will step foot into another mythic+ pug again.

5 men were my favorite aspect in the game and the inject of GOGOGOGOGOGOGGO! gameplay turn me off. This system might be the nail in the coffin.

If your kids went to a school where there was a teacher who was accused by multiple girls of sexually harassing them, there were screenshots of his DMs to them, and there was an audio recording of him saying sexual things to a girl, would you tolerate his presence in the school for one single second after that? No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't sit there pontificating about the need for a trial and his right to be around your children until the courts prove something. Get a fucking grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Very little he is accused of is potentially a crime. He is mostly just accused of being a really creepy, pushy weirdo that leaves girls creepy sex messages and texts. That's not necessarily a crime, but it's certainly enough to warrant not wanting your brand associated with him.

Or do you think there should be no such thing as firing someone for anything but a crime?
    I don't know what one thing has to do with the other. If he exhibited this behavior in the workplace, then yes, i agree. If not, then no, i don't agree. How do you even know those people are telling the truth? Being a creep is not a fellony. Everyone has a freedom of speech right in western countries. The problem is acting on it.
    Admitedly, i don't know what he did, but if it's not a fellony and not sexual harassment, i think he has at least a good case on undue fireing. But, yeah the US. Who knows what kind of primitive labor laws there are.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-04-16 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    You guys trying to argue with the woke crowd of twatter brigade and sjws is a bit silly. They're all perfect people who have never and will never do anything wrong because they get to determine what is "right". You can't win arguments about opinions, especially from a group of people who change their viewpoints based on whatever metric scores them the most social points with their ideological peers on social media.

Honestly, their viewpoints and arguments aren't worth acknowledging. Stop engaging them, just let them circle jerk themselves until they get tuckered out and bored.
    Pretty much.