Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    [QUOTE=Alatie;53134848]
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    So what exactly was cancelled? Has he been removed from existence? Is he no longer able to earn a living?Someone does something stupid, they don't deserve to keep privileges, especially if it involves criminal acts or just being a shitty person.

But we don't know why he wasn't brought back. It's just hearsay at this point. Maybe he was difficult to work with or had scheduling conflicts.

This whole faux concern about "cancel culture" is stupid since no one get cancelled. It's just consequences for poor decisions.
    Th

If it involes criminal acts but you dont know that nobody knows it for sure its not been proven if it will ever be proven you cant say its poor decisions since you have 0 clue if its true or not stop acting like he is guilty without any fucking >>>EVIDENCE<<<.
    As a business owner, if somebody did something, guilty or not, I have every right to cut ties with said individual. The court of public opinion is not held to the legal standards in an actual court of law.

And to the VA specifically, nothing technically illegal was done, but using ones fame/power/influence for sexual favors is just not good. And if this is the reason, Blizzard has every right to disassociate themselves from him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    I understand Blizzard wanting to distance themselves from alleged predators, and I don't know how convincing the evidence is, but apparently it's enough for Blizzard to act against the voice actor..

But damn, I loved Kael'thas' old voice... "The fUuture I have plAnned will not be jeopardized! "
    Nothing illegal because the women were of legal age, but using your status to gain sexual favors, or to try, is a creepy predatory move. Good riddance if this is the reason.

3+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope nothing bad happens with Bwonsamdi's VA that they'd have replace him. That'd be his third new VA...
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Umm, wut?

Like, no. If people found out tomorrow that Thomas Edison ritually electrocuted babies for fun, they would not stop using the lightbulb. Why? Because Edison has been fucking DEAD for the last 90 years and the ligthbulb has now become such a ubiquitous feature in the world that it doesn't even "belong" to him any more. (Bonus lol points for the fact that it would actually literally be difficult to find an Edisonian lightbulb in most parts of the modern world these days, as the technology they use has changed significantly since he designed the first one more than a century ago.)

What the "woke leftist mob" would do, however, is make sure the fact that Edison's enjoyment of baby electrocution became public knowledge, so that accurate historical representation of his character could be reflected. Rather similar, in fact, to the movement to pull down monuments glorifying so called Confederate "war heroes" that was going around last year.
    Plus we all know Edison was a fucking piece of shit that stole most of his inventions from the scientists working under him. The big difference, that people who bring forward these bad faith arguments is lighting is essential and not easily replaced. Entertainment is not essential tidal and quite easily replaced. Same for all the shitty business owners that to shutty things and find themselves at the whim of a free market that doesn't want to do business with shitty people. There are plenty of other business around that do the same thing. There aren't many replacements for light bulbs or their derivatives that came from Edison's invention.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Always good to see allegations are enough to insta cancel somebody instead of waiting for it to be true but hey ho cancel culture is the hype nowadays innocent until proven guilty is just a joke from the past to most people now.
    Show me a link where blizz says that is why they changed the voice overs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    How is a comment like this even fucking allowed to stand? You just assume woman would intentionally let themselves get abused for future gain? Just stop. That is disgusting of you to suggest and it shouldn't even be allowed to stay on this forum. Like I don''t know if I even want to come back on this site anymore, because people like you are allowed to be here.
    No, but the #metoo movement does have the ability to foster an environment that would allow women to lie about being abused. When accusations is all it takes to ruin anyone's career, that gives ample motive to lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    Public opinion is how we judge each other outside of criminal offenses. You don't like it, don't live in a society of people...

Otherwise, enjoy the free market at work and don't think you're entitled to your position in society, get recorded saying awful stuff, then play stupid when you lose your job.[
    And what happens when your "immediately convict solely over an allegation" ends up ruining someones career because the accuser lied? His career is still ruined while you are never held to account for it. What you promote is reckless behavior and there will come a day where it ruins the life of an innocent person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    I understand Blizzard wanting to distance themselves from alleged predators, and I don't know how convincing the evidence is, but apparently it's enough for Blizzard to act against the voice actor..

But damn, I loved Kael'thas' old voice... "The fUuture I have plAnned will not be jeopardized! "
    We don't know why Blizzard changed the voice overs. We should not be declaring what Blizzard's motive was when they haven't said a word themselves.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Save the original audio files and use them instead

This is absurd and nonsense. Even if he was guilty, how do apples compare with ships.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean they also could've just replaced him for no reason. They replaced Kerrigan's original voice actress
    as well for no good reason.

I love how asking for proof of allegations, and believing in "innocent until proven guilty", makes you an "incel" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    yea i agree its pretty trash....but lets be real KT's voice acting went from garbage to dumpster fire.
    It was a sterotypical villain, never liked what they made him into but the voice matched.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No, but the #metoo movement does have the ability to foster an environment that would allow women to lie about being abused. When accusations is all it takes to ruin anyone's career, that gives ample motive to lie.
    Oh I see. So women coming forward with their stories of real sexual abuse could be a problem because of all the men who could potentially have their careers ruined by people who could potentially come forward with false allegations.

What a fucking weird take for a person to have. If dudes stopped being rapey on such a massive scale it would make false allegations of sexual abuse much less credible, dont'cha think? Like, I'm not defending people making shit up here, but why should that ever be a consideration for somebody who is coming forward about something that actually happened to them? If somebody assaults me should I just not say anything because it fosters a culture where others could lie about assault? No dude. That culture is cultivated by perpetrators, not victims.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2021-04-17 at 04:19 PM.

Ah yes, another person that was accused of some stuff and is instantly cancelled, corporations and social media don't even wait for evidence and/or a court sentence.

Accused = guilty.

Unless you happen to be on the correct side of the political fence, such as Cuomo who was accused by, what?, 7 women now and nothing happened to him. Literally nothing. Obviously those who invented #metoo and cancel culture have special protections for those from their own side.
    Last edited by Tenebrius; 2021-04-17 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noremorze View Post
    Oh look, the deplorables crying about cancel culture again. People like you is why people don't come forward.
    Good, people shouldn't "come forward" with made up shit like this. You got what you wanted already, Kael has new voice lines, twitter justice has been done. Go back to jerk off to some Anita Sarkeesian ted talk now.

By the way, I'm sure there's a way to patch the old voice lines back into the client.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Oh I see. So women coming forward with their stories of real sexual abuse could be a problem because of all the men who could potentially have their careers ruined by people who could potentially come forward with false allegations.

What a fucking weird take for a person to have. If dudes stopped being rapey on such a massive scale it would make false allegations of sexual abuse much less credible, dont'cha think? Like, I'm not defending people making shit up here, but why should that ever be a consideration for somebody who is coming forward about something that actually happened to them? If somebody assaults me should I just not say anything because it fosters a culture where others could lie about assault? No dude. That culture is cultivated by perpetrators, not victims.
    I love the subtle "if some dudes are rapey, the non rapey dudes should get their shit pushed in too". I agree, you are not defending people that make shit up, you are responsibilizing a whole gender for a handful of "rapey dudes".

If you ever get metoo'd, you'll probably see how mistaken you are. But since you are most likely an average man and you don't have a reputation to lose, it'll never happen to you.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2021-04-17 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    ...stupid lunatics...
    I always say that this century's problem is just hypocrisy. It is pure Idiocracy.

It always reminds me of the Short film: Alternative Math | Short Film 2+2=22

)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Plus we all know Edison was a fucking piece of shit that stole most of his inventions from the scientists working under him. The big difference, that people who bring forward these bad faith arguments is lighting is essential and not easily replaced. Entertainment is not essential tidal and quite easily replaced. Same for all the shitty business owners that to shutty things and find themselves at the whim of a free market that doesn't want to do business with shitty people. There are plenty of other business around that do the same thing. There aren't many replacements for light bulbs or their derivatives that came from Edison's invention.
    So, what we can conclude from your exposition is that, if you want to be a sexual agressor, one that will not support many repercusions for that, you should just invent something that is really ireplaceble. Something like: cancer cure, immortality pill, teleportation, nanorobotics tissue repairing table, and other stuff like those, some that may become reality, some that will just stay fantasy ... because ... well physics and quantum physics and quantum mechanics. Isn't that pure hypocrisy, saying: "if we can dispense someone or someone's work, we will judge him, if not, well ... he is a genius".
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-04-17 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    I love the subtle "if some dudes are rapey, the non rapey dudes should get their shit pushed in too". I agree, you are not defending people that make shit up, you are responsibilizing a whole gender for a handful of "rapey dudes".

If you ever get metoo'd, you'll probably see how mistaken you are. But since you are most likely an average man and you don't have a reputation to lose, it'll never happen to you.
    Lmao that's not what I said at all. Obviously all men aren't responsible for the actions of other men - that would be a fucking stupid thing to say, and I didn't say it - you read what you wanted to read. It wasn't subtle, it just wasn't there at all.

Women who come forward with real rape allegations aren't responsible for the actions of people who make false ones. That's my whole point.

It's not the case that other dudes 'should get their shit pushed in', but if that happens what the fuck does it have to do with people who have shared their genuine experiences of trauma?

By the way, if I did get falsely accused of rape I wouldn't blame raped women for that because that would be fucking psychotic. Literally you're saying that the blame for false rape allegations lies with rape survivors not having the decency to shut the fuck up - does that seem like a normal thing to say to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrius View Post
    Ah yes, another person that was accused of some stuff and is instantly cancelled, corporations and social media don't even wait for evidence and/or a court sentence.

Accused = guilty.

Unless you happen to be on the correct side of the political fence, such as Cuomo who was accused by, what?, 7 women now and nothing happened to him. Literally nothing. Obviously those who invented #metoo and cancel culture have special protections for those from their own side.
    Yet here you are, defending a man accused of sexual misconduct before all the evidence is in. Interesting double standard there my dude.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2021-04-17 at 04:59 PM.

Lmao that's not what I said at all. Obviously all men aren't responsible for the actions of other men - that would be a fucking stupid thing to say, and I didn't say it - you read what you wanted to read. It wasn't subtle, it just wasn't there at all. Women who come forward with real rape allegations aren't responsible for the actions of people who make false ones. That's my whole point.

It's not the case that other dudes 'should get their shit pushed in', but if that happens what the fuck does it have to do with people who have shared their genuine experiences of trauma?

Yet here you are, defending a man accused of sexual misconduct before all the evidence is in. Interesting double standard there my dude.
    I'm not defending anybody, I just hate the endless hypocrisy of the Left.

I didn't realise I was part of a hivemind. TIL.

"THE LEFT"

Lel

Well,you absolutely should defend anyone accused of anything until they are proven guilty. Everyone deserves to be defended until they are confirmed and proven guilty,no matter what the accusations are.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Well,you absolutely should defend anyone accused of anything until they are proven guilty. Everyone deserves to be defended until they are confirmed and proven guilty,no matter what the accusations are.
    That's how we decide if somebody gets incarcerated. Unless you're somebody's lawyer, it's really up to your own judgement as to whether the evidence for what they did is credible.

Like what, was I supposed to stan Bill Cosby until he was convicted? Obviously not. The evidence was very credible. I have critical faculties, and I used them. Everybody has the legal right to a fair trial, but that doesn't mean that members of the public are obliged to defend them uncritically.

If you choose to defend somebody accused of sexual assault, you're also choosing not to take their accuser's claims seriously. You literally can not defend somebody accused of doing something without also implying that their alleged victims are lying. This sort of shit is why women who are victims of sexual assault are afraid to come forward - they get massacred by angry dudes on the internet who accuse them of being lying whores. We're not talking about legal rights here. We're talking about whether you choose to believe victims with credible allegations or not.

We're talking about whether you choose to believe victims with credible allegations or not.
    But we have to learn from the past also. There was a time when there was enough for someone to claim that a female is a witch, and we know how that went, right ?

If you use critical thinking, use it in balance.
    Heck, we even solve math problems by assuming a statement is false from the start, even if we don't know it is true or not and the truth appears at the end of the problem ... BUT ... in that math problem there is no human being suffering from that assumption.

Literally you're saying that the blame for false rape allegations lies with rape survivors not having the decency to shut the fuck up
    You are the one clearly reading what you wanted to read. Look, this thread is too controvertial for it not to be locked up later. All i want to say is that accusing someone of harassment/rape is far too easier that proving the innocence of someone who didn't do the thing. Innocent people rarely get their reputation back, let alone a single apology from the falsely raped/harassed woman. I'm out, I have enough of this shit on twitter.