Voters
81. This poll is closed
  • Yes

28 34.57%
  • No

53 65.43%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

If Blizzard makes their own Raider.IO, do you think it's time for rated MM in M+?

The other day Preach mentioned that Blizzard is looking into making their own version of Raider.IO for mythic dungeons. Or at least some form of rating system to track player performance in M+. This doesn't seem too unusual, considering how any time there's a popular, widespread addon, Blizzard tends to incorporate it into the game.

And I use Preach because, despite being a "biased youtuber", generally speaking his contacts and information about the game are factual. He bases his opinion on real info and not something made up. I think it's reasonable to assume that if he says Blizzard is looking at it....they are.

Regardless, what do you guys think? It seems that if there's going to be a rating or scoring system for M+, that there's one less reason to NOT have matchmaking based on that score.

Or are we still using the idea that "M+ content is too difficult to include MM for it"?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The other day Preach mentioned that Blizzard is looking into making their own version of Raider.IO for mythic dungeons. Or at least some form of rating system to track player performance in M+. This doesn't seem too unusual, considering how any time there's a popular, widespread addon, Blizzard tends to incorporate it into the game.

And I use Preach because, despite being a "biased youtuber", generally speaking his contacts and information about the game are factual. He bases his opinion on real info and not something made up. I think it's reasonable to assume that if he says Blizzard is looking at it....they are.

Regardless, what do you guys think? It seems that if there's going to be a rating or scoring system for M+, that there's one less reason to NOT have matchmaking based on that score.

Or are we still using the idea that "M+ content is too difficult to include MM for it"?
    why use preach when the stuff is literally in the code itself, and raider.io literally made a post confirming they are working with blizzard on making an ingame version of radier.io

why go "this youtuber and his contacts and!"
    when you can literally just... get the confirmed info we have?

https://raider.io/news/212-inside-sc...scoring-system

7+ Year Old Account
    I know there are many MANY MANY posts that say otherwise, but, for myself, I so rarely, very rarely, have a problem putting together successful PuG M+ groups when using raider.io to judge applicants. Even if there was MM for M+, I would still put together groups "manually".

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean sure as an option, it won't stop people manually forming their own groups with whatever restrictions they desire but I'm certain people would use it.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

There's absolutely no need for matchmaking for M+, & even if it were added, I don't think it'd be a success. Hell, rated PvP has gone over 14 years without matchmaking, and while the demand for solo queue very much seems to be there from the players, Blizzard are either deadset against the idea, or just have no idea how to implement it.

I would like it for lower keys. Would be nice on alts. Don't need m15+ geared people to finish a 5. Lower keys can be a pita to join (if you don't have your own or w/e).

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I know there are many MANY MANY posts that say otherwise, but, for myself, I so rarely, very rarely, have a problem putting together successful PuG M+ groups when using raider.io to judge applicants. Even if there was MM for M+, I would still put together groups "manually".
    rio leads to extremely toxic gameplay. Toxic gameplay will just get worse with this move.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    rio leads to extremely toxic gameplay. Toxic gameplay will just get worse with this move.
    I experience less toxicity when I use r.IO, not more. Weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    For you, sure(maybe). For me, no - or at least not any more than I see in any other aspect of the game.

::queues for SD15::

::wait 62 minutes for a group to form::

::instance loads, 3 Destro Warlocks, Guardian Druid and MW Monk::

[P] [Warlockdudeman]: hey ne1 venth

::dead silence::

::two players have left the group::

Yeah. Fuck everything about this idea.

I mean they are free to put match making into the game if they want. I just know I will build my own groups in the group finder myself and then between runs que up some popcorn and watch the "reeeeeeeeee" posts on how the MM system has utterly failed and all dungeons need to be nerfed or something something what always happens when people get what they want and realize it doesn't solve the issue.. that.. they aren't to good at dis game mon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ::queues for SD15::

::wait 62 minutes for a group to form::

::instance loads, 3 Destro Warlocks, Guardian Druid and MW Monk::

[P] [Warlockdudeman]: hey ne1 venth

::dead silence::

::two players have left the group::

Yeah. Fuck everything about this idea.
    Should have used Prot Warrior rather then Guardian Druid in that example mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Should have used Prot Warrior rather then Guardian Druid in that example mate.
    Venth Prot Warrior isn't too uncommon...Venth Guardian...not so much. : - )

Preach didn't reveal some crazy insider information, it's all over the internet including wowhead and raider.io themselves. As for automatic matchmaking for m+ I doubt it's gonna work. It would just create more toxicity IMO. People on this forum like to downplay this aspect of the game but m+ is actually pretty hard and I don't believe that most of the keys would be doable by automatically collated groups. You'd have the very top players with high mmr who just get paired with one another and completing the keys, and everyone else getting nowhere by getting grouped with each other's sorry self. Plus automatic groupings through interface always create an expectation of that group then having some sort of success. It not working out would cause people to get angry at m+ even more. I'd sooner see automatic lfg work for normal and heroic raids than m+, to be honest.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

It's not the rio that enables that, scores just like knifes aren't inherently bad. Core problem is the M+ itself which is pretty lengthy content (similar to game length in LoL), that actively punishes you for trying (key downgrading), does not enable you to practice (like challenge mode, unless you and your team got access to tournament realm), that just ends up being frustrating to lots of people. This expansion is also used to gather weekly bingo lottery tickets.

And now on the top of that it gatekeeps valor points. Rio is just a cherry on top, arbitrary score that doesn't say much about player overall skill.

If you want less toxicity, you would have to relax timers, make that unfinished runs doesn't change your key unless you explicitly want to lower it (so you can actually practice).

Plus remove arbitrary score and just show top X runs for specific dungeon for listing people.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

The game is already a chat lobby for instanced content, but I appreciate being able to pick who joins my group. Not that it guarantees success, but I rather rely on my judgement with the info I have than a blind system.

Pro tip: look at the number of dungeons done, rather than the overall io score alone.

I don't see any benefit of that compared to the current (including the 9.1 changes) system. There is varying level of pickiness and preferences involved, the more the higher the content and smaller the group. In the current system at least you can have a fair share of the "drama quits" pushed to the stage that effectively wastes very little time from the others as you can que up for multiple groups.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    why use preach when the stuff is literally in the code itself, and raider.io literally made a post confirming they are working with blizzard on making an ingame version of radier.io

why go "this youtuber and his contacts and!"
    when you can literally just... get the confirmed info we have?

https://raider.io/news/212-inside-sc...scoring-system
    Because that's where I first encountered the info. There was no other ulterior motive besides what I stated: His info is legit.

Way to attempt to derail the thread btw.

My problem is not, that i don't think MM would not work. It is more, that i simply do NOT like it.

It is an MMO. Talk to people. At least a little bit. Interact in some way.

Also: With MM you can get the shittiest groups ever. Like... 3 balance druids which sounds nice on paper until you see you have no kicks anymore. Change it to a certain "must have"-grouping and queue time will get abysmal for dps. Which will lead to mass complaining again on the forum for something blizz can't really change. Tank and heal are just harder in Mythic+ and will always be. I don't think this will be good for the overall "health" of the game. People get frustrated way too fast.

If using the tool is too much of a hassle for you... well...

- - - Updated - - -

Rio does not lead to anything. It even makes it less bad.

Difficult content with anonimity always has toxicity. Remove rio and it will get infinetly worse.

I feel like this would be a clusterfuck. I can see the argument for PvP soloQ because at least there you’d also fight other players who use soloQ and therefore both sides will have some janky comp.

But M+ would be wild. Just the MMR would be a confusing mess. Is your MMR per spec or the whole class? Is it per dungeon? Is failing the timer bad for MMR? What if someone leaves your group?
    Should the matchmaker guarantee a lust, combat rez and a player with the right covenant?

Honestly, I don’t see it as a possible feature where players would get quality time in the game. It would be an absolute mess.