Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 9.1 PTR Preview - Intro Quest

Patch 9.1 PTR Preview - Intro Quest
    Patch 9.1 starts with a quick intro scenario that eventually unlocks Korthia. Here is a quick glance. SPOILERS AHEAD

• The quest will start immediately upon login. You will be asked to meet with Bolvar and the voice of the Arbiter to discuss what transpired in the 9.1 reveal cinematic. This meeting culminates in you heading up to the Arbiter for a "cool scene."
    • The previous events reveal that Ardenweald is now under attack from the Jailer's forces, who are trying to retrieve the Winter Queen's sigil.
    • The bulk of this quest involves a scenario where you fly to Ardenweald and repel the forces of the Maw. During your time here it is revealed that Sylvanas is leading the invasion.
    • You must fill a bar to stop the Jailer's advance and then save some wild seeds. The Winter Queen allows a few of her subjects to disguise themselves as her as a distraction while you confront Sylvanas. There is another "cool scene" before she leaves you to close a portal from the Maw.
    • The scenario ends with you finding out that the Winter Queen hid her sigil in the Heart of the Forest, but while you were distracted it was taken. You must rendezvous back in Oribos to plan your next move.

Unlocking Mounts in The Maw
    • Here, you are told to find a way to open a portal from the Maw to Oribos. You ask Ve'nari, who conceals you into Korthia, the new landmass that the Jailer has pulled into the Maw. You have a run in with The Eye of the Jailer on the way, but it doesn't see you and moves on.
    • There, the denizens of Korthia are surprised to see you, and perform a test on you to determine if you are the true Maw Walker. Ve'nari actually seems a bit concerned with you safety during this trial! You are given the ability to use your mounts in the Maw after this quest from the The True Maw Walker unlock.
    • With a portal established at a small camp in Korthia, the covenants can now enter the Maw and begin their assault. Bolvar also heads to Korthia to help.

Ridding Yourself of the Eye of the Jailer Debuff System
    • Ve'nari tests out some portal technology that she brought and has you place nodes in a section of the Maw where Helya's forces are massing.
    • Here, you discover some golden feathers and follow them to find a caged valkyr of Odin. You free her and she informs you that Odin had sent a few of them to investigate the increasing threats in the Maw, but they were ambushed and she was the only survivor.
    • She flies you out of the Maw and to the Skyhold to have a meeting with Odin. Odin learns of Helya's threat, and you discover the Eye of the Jailer is actually his missing eye being used for evil. He has had enough of it, and has you and his forgemaster construct a horn to place in the Maw and echo his voice. You also recruit some worthy valkyr to accompany you back to the Maw.
    • There, you ask Ve'nari how to anchor the horn in the Maw, and she suggests collecting tears from the River of Souls and charging its power on the maw beasts there.
    • With the horn anchored, you and the valkyr blow it to attract the Eye of the Jailer and fight it, ending is a cutscene that is not yet implimented.
    • You travel back to Korthia to let the others know what has transpired, and are cleansed of the Eye of the Jailer system upon turning this quest in.

Last edited by Stoy; 2021-04-19 at 07:01 PM.

While I guess Tyrande only shows up after a missing cutscene, I feel like it should be mentioned that she seems to appear and either fight Sylvanas, whatever's coming through the portal, or she just helps close it. Can't say for certain what she does but she certainly appears for some reason.

Does this render layer 8 of Twisting Corridors mount obsolete?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    It makes it so that is not the only mount (or set of mounts as their are a couple others with the same model) that can be used in the Maw. I personally wouldn't call that obsolete, as it's still a cosmetic mount you can use, but the main draw for getting it is no longer required, apparently.

Yes. And the other 2 that did the same. And i don't mind, I had to use a different bind for them and forgot half the time, trying to summon regular mount. They are also ugly and don't match my xmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post

Yes. And the other 2 that did the same. And i don't mind, I had to use a different bind for them and forgot half the time, trying to summon regular mount. They are also ugly and don't match my xmog.
    Same for me. I eventually opted to just use it as my regular mount, but it definitely got annoying that we had to choose to either remember another bind (or have a separate button), or just stick to using this. I always wondered if there was a macro to detect the zone and pick the right mounr, but never got around to looking into it.

My Druid on the other hand, just laughed at the fact he never had to even touch Torghast besides the main quest chain, and with certain talents, items, gems and enchants, could still keep up with it even while prowling - with a bit more effort to rep with Ven'ari and enough soul dust to gem all available slots, I'm sure I could bring it to around 198%.

10+ Year Old Account
    this makes the maw so much more tolerable now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    Same for me. I eventually opted to just use it as my regular mount, but it definitely got annoying that we had to choose to either remember another bind (or have a separate button), or just stick to using this. I always wondered if there was a macro to detect the zone and pick the right mounr, but never got around to looking into it.

My Druid on the other hand, just laughed at the fact he never had to even touch Torghast besides the main quest chain, and with certain talents, items, gems and enchants, could still keep up with it even while prowling - with a bit more effort to rep with Ven'ari and enough soul dust to gem all available slots, I'm sure I could bring it to around 198%.
    Just get the addon "MountsJournal" - it lets you set mounts for each zone (aswell as generic ones).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Yawn try again when is 10.0

The scenario ends with you finding out that the Winter Queen hid her sigil in the Heart of the Forest, but while you were distracted it was taken
    XD Blizzard writing coming in cringe as always. "Oi Maw Walker. We are all so fucking weak, but you seem to be the antidote to all of our problems. So go now and fight somewhere else completely while this very important spot is left unguarded. What could go wrong?"

You ask Ve'nari, who conceals you into Korthia, the new landmass that the Jailer has pulled into the Maw. You have a run in with The Eye of the Jailer on the way, but it doesn't see you and moves on
    I wonder what their plans with Ve'nari are (and if they are going to be impacted by Shadowlands story inevitably getting WODed). The fact that she's able to hide us from the fucking Eye of the Jailer itself, just like that, shows how powerful she is (let alone helping us open the portal between the Maw and Oribos, something that wasn't thought possible before ["The Maw is inescapeable!"]. How long until we see random Azerothians on their weekend trip to the Maw similar to Oribos?). Is she going to be the key to defeating the Jailer? Does she want to take his place somehow? Is it the Jailer in disguise, merely playing with us, and it will turn out everything up to Sylvanas encounter was part of his plan, similar to us fighting Azshara with our Hearts of Azeroth unchaining N'zoth?

... then we're back to Blizzard's cringe writing, with a random Val'kyr being in the Maw, "sent by Odin". Inescapeable Maw my ass. Sure they got stuck there, but I don't think Odin would have sent them there if he was sure they wouldn't have returned. What would be the point? And why would Odin be interested in the Maw at all? I mean sure, with 9.1 it might make a bit of sense, but in Legion there was absolutely no mention of his Eye, the Maw, or the Shadowlands. I hate this kind of writing - it's not connecting the dots, it's merely drawing a line from one figure to another and calling it a day.

... and then "She flies you out of the Maw and to the Skyhold" LMAAAAOOOO ok blizz I give up. When I thought opening a fucking mage portal (or is it Death Knight portal since it was Bolvar's dudes who did this. Can Death Knights open portals now?) from Oribos, the Eternal City of the Afterlife, to Orgri/SW was absurd enough, Blizzard strikes again with their hysterical ideas. At this point I guess Goblin Zeppelins can fly from Orgri through the sky into the Shadowlands because why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    this makes the maw so much more tolerable now.
    Too little too late, the damage is already done.

ah damn it... im betting that odin wants to play pokemon with us warriors..AGAIN

Unlocking mounts in the maw is done per character by completing the quest chain. It is not account wide at the moment.

So have the special maw mounts will still come in handy when leveling a new alt through the introduction quests in the maw as it can be used there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Just get the addon "MountsJournal" - it lets you set mounts for each zone (aswell as generic ones).
    I'll just wait until 9.1, rather than downloading yet another addon with it's own UI and usage for a single feature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    I'll just wait until 9.1, rather than downloading yet another addon with it's own UI and usage for a single feature.
    It's not really that much of a change - it adds little icons to your normal mounts list where you can set mounts as favourite

#TEAMGIRAFFE

lmao @ sylvanas farting up a storm

5+ Year Old Account
    No! Odyn! I can't believe it! They reached Halls of Valor! I'm so angry now!
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-04-20 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Winter Queen allows a few of her subjects to disguise themselves as her as a distraction while you confront Sylvanas.
    'Allows' I'm sorry that I doubt that Ms. sacrifice-yourself-for-the-greater-good would give others a choice instead of demanding it of them.

With a portal established at a small camp in Korthia, the covenants can now enter the Maw and begin their assault. Bolvar also heads to Korthia to help.
    Weren't the Covenants already able to enter the Maw? Wasn't anyone able to enter the Maw by simply jumping down the plug hole? Surely the portal is for escaping the Maw?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    'Allows' I'm sorry that I doubt that Ms. sacrifice-yourself-for-the-greater-good would give others a choice instead of demanding it of them.
    Yup. If only Sylvanas actually killed her and then took the sigil. Oh well lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Yup. If only Sylvanas actually killed her and then took the sigil. Oh well lol
    She's written in a way where that can never happen. If she dies Ardenweald dies with her and they're not going to kill off an entire zone.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing