New Bow, new Cloak, new Covenant stuff

So...just because there is rarely anything going on in the hunter sub-forum... What do you guys think?

https://www.wowhead.com/news/bow-and...ination-321845
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/soulbind-cal...kanikos/hunter

Since I switched from Night Fae to Kyrian, I'm kinda happy.

Forgelite Prime Mikanikos and Pelagos are looking pretty good for MM/BM and MM respectively.
    Especially Mikanikos is looking good, because so far, you only really want 2 potency conduits and the extra haste and the (up to) 20second reduce on the covenant ability is looking good, especially since there is a damage proc involved in it.

The Bron summon isn't all that good, but the haste proc is great when cleaving adds and stuff like that. 15% haste feels great and I believe it refreshes if you hit a new target during the duration, right? The CD reduce works great for BM and MM alike and Soulglow Spectrometer seems to be some kind of stacking bonus damage (up to 15%) on one target at a time.
    I read it as: +1% damage every 3seconds up to 5% for 3 seconds and then it resets to 1% again.
    I could be wrong and it could be a permanent debuff too. Not sure, but that'd be way too strong in raids.

The Cloak looks fun in general, but nothing hunter specific (and by that I mean, it's just some damage proc, but I like these kind of things too to some degree)
    The bow however might add some value to Revendreth, the stun is just straight up amazing in M+, the damage is nice to have (can't really gauge how much/little it is)
    So that's pretty interesting too.
    Overall I'd say - we need more changes like these and they are going in the right direction.

I'm eagerly awaiting the covenant specific legendaries.
    That might push Mikanikos up higher even more since he will be able to use it more often (especially in M+)

Even if he doesn't turn out to be all that great in every single scenario, if I can switch between a Raid/M+/Progress soulbind I'm already happy. Because right now I've never really changed anything in that regard.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-19 at 06:00 PM.

The CD reduction to Mikanakos could be good, but it also has the potential to make it never line up with Trueshot usage.
    I’m worried the bow is Blizzard’s only attempt to make Venthyr appealing to Hunters for the whole xpac. I will say, it seems like it has a lot of potential for things like m+ and high add uptime boss fights; but that’s a big IF you get lucky to get a proc on the covenant ability. Could have some good synergy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The CD reduction to Mikanakos could be good, but it also has the potential to make it never line up with Trueshot usage.
    I’m worried the bow is Blizzard’s only attempt to make Venthyr appealing to Hunters for the whole xpac. I will say, it seems like it has a lot of potential for things like m+ and high add uptime boss fights; but that’s a big IF you get lucky to get a proc on the covenant ability. Could have some good synergy though.
    It's not a "good" way to get the covenant back in "order" in the first place, but it's still a cool way.
    Pretty sure the only reason this item is allowed to exist is because Blizz knows how horrible that covenant is compared to the rest in the first place.

On the other hand, it's not like it's not an amazing bow for every hunter spec/covenant in general.
    Killshots can be used in M+ a lot and the 20%/rage% range is where you want it in the first place.
    The duration is no joke either.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-22 at 03:20 AM.

In the latest PTR build it appears as if they have changed the bow that comes from the Sylvanas encounter in Sanctum of Domination, in 9.1.

Old version:

New version:

Initially, it was set to have the ability ‘Wailing Arrow’ replace Kill Shot for us Hunters, but that has now been changed to what can be seen here. Now, Wailing Arrow serves as it’s own separate ability with seemingly no ties to Kill Shot(or the interaction it had with Venthyr and Flayed Shot for that matter).

Source: https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/sanctum...ndalone-321986

Ability: https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/sanctum...shots:321986:3

Name: Wailing Arrow
    Damage type(school): Shadow
    Spell type: Ranged
    Resource cost: 35 Focus
    Cast time: 2 seconds
    Global cooldown(GCD): 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown: 30 seconds
    Requires weapon: Bow, Gun, Crossbow

Other effects such as Bestial Wrath, Lone Wolf and MMs Mastery: Sniper Training, etc. do seem to also affect it’s potential strength.

Another thing worth noting is that instead of Haste + Mastery, the bow now gives Crit + Haste.

Hopefully the ability is inpactful enough to warrant the haste that MM doesn't need.

Feel like a better version would have no secondary stats and instead be balanced around the ability, though I guess that might be a bit drastic.

Honestly though, the most exciting part for me is Sylvanas' quiver backpiece. Hopefully it is actually a quiver and not just a boring cloak or something else not at all a quiver.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I really hope they don't give this thing a cast time like its current tooltip suggests. Adding a 2-sec cast to BM especially would be super awkward and I think it would interfere with MM's flow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Hopefully the ability is inpactful enough to warrant the haste that MM doesn't need.

Feel like a better version would have no secondary stats and instead be balanced around the ability, though I guess that might be a bit drastic.

Honestly though, the most exciting part for me is Sylvanas' quiver backpiece. Hopefully it is actually a quiver and not just a boring cloak or something else not at all a quiver.
    Haste is still good for MM; it's just not as prioritised as crit. Once you get enough crit to be near the DR, however, haste is pretty good.

Hmmm, glad to see the change to the bow, however if it goes live with a 35 focus 2 second cast time, I imagine that'll relegate it to M+ CC, assuming the stun even works in M+.
    Can anyone confirm what a "Lesser Creature" is? Seems to me it would be non-elite mobs, making it only do damage and not stun.
    And if it didn't stun in M+, would it out damage a bouncing aimed shot? :thinking:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Hmmm, glad to see the change to the bow, however if it goes live with a 35 focus 2 second cast time, I imagine that'll relegate it to M+ CC, assuming the stun even works in M+.
    Can anyone confirm what a "Lesser Creature" is? Seems to me it would be non-elite mobs, making it only do damage and not stun.
    And if it didn't stun in M+, would it out damage a bouncing aimed shot? :thinking:
    Why is this change to the bow a good thing? if I understand correctly the previous incarnation of the bow would have great synergy with venthyr, a covenant that could sorely use a buff.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Why is this change to the bow a good thing? if I understand correctly the previous incarnation of the bow would have great synergy with venthyr, a covenant that could sorely use a buff.
    In some ways sure, although buffing Venthyr-related abilities/effects through as single item drop from the end-tier boss is arguably a monumentally bad way to do so.

No one can argue that it would indeed be a neat addition for those who have chosen Venthyr, if it had retained the previous interaction, but there are better ways to "fix" what is currently not working all that well with certain covenant-powers.

Quote Originally Posted by F Rm View Post
    In some ways sure, although buffing Venthyr-related abilities/effects through as single item drop from the end-tier boss is arguably a monumentally bad way to do so.

No one can argue that it would indeed be a neat addition for those who have chosen Venthyr, if it had retained the previous interaction, but there are better ways to "fix" what is currently not working all that well with certain covenant-powers.
    Lord knows, it fits historical precedent. Blizz loves using raid gear to fix hunter problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Seems like the Necrolord legendary ability is now finally needed to irrelevance.
    It was one of the few good covenant legendary abilities, but now it has been merged twice and I cannot imagine it being used over other abilities.

Shame really for MM hunter especially. Necrolord hunters in that covenant were hurting for AoE legendaries to use, and I was really hoping this one would fill that niche.
    The world revamp dream will never die!