Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
... LastLast
  1. #321
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    On Bezos, I sincerely hope he manages to seriously restarts their non-tourism projects using his teams of engineers and not lawyers...

    I do see great potential for their choice of Hydrolox in the long run, given the prospective ban of hydrocarbon fuels and shift to a hydrogen economy.
    Can the consummate hobbyist's rockets even reach orbit at this point? The last two launches barely made the K line, space*. I would think that if they could go higher, they would. If they can't, won't Bezos/BO have to build an entirely new engine?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Missed Virgin successfully launching their rocket. Thanks for the info.
    So Virgin is categorically ahead of BO. Only BO of the three can't reach orbit?

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ok, right? Fucking 90 years old. Six G forces on the parachute landing alone. Plus whatever there is on launch, which I would assume is more than 1. I know they did their health "work up" on him - at least they showed it - but I'm deeply curious how many health waivers he had to sign. I bet there is an ironclad indemnity clause, over and above what the other astronauts tourist have to sign.

    Rofl at 10 minutes in "space".
    Rofl at people who think Elon had a meaningful engineering role with his rockets. His biggest contribution is he told them to make it pointy because he watched a movie. As per Musk.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Rofl at people who think Elon had a meaningful engineering role with his rockets. His biggest contribution is he told them to make it pointy because he watched a movie. As per Musk.
    Cubby had me convince I was almost missing something..

    CEO had hand in the design is like the most typical shit of ANY company. If a perfume CEO becomes the CEO of a car company and because of their aesthetic eye can pick what shape of car to make (after being given 100 designs) they didn't fucking design or engineer shit. Cubby seems to have missed this.

  4. #324
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Rofl at people who think Elon had a meaningful engineering role with his rockets. His biggest contribution is he told them to make it pointy because he watched a movie. As per Musk.
    Rofl at people who blatantly lie because they have nothing solid to contribute.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Rofl at people who blatantly lie because they have nothing solid to contribute.
    You've contributed nothing to defend your point. I asked for specific engineering achievements of which you've offered up nilch.

  6. #326
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Cubby had me convince I was almost missing something..

    CEO had hand in the design is like the most typical shit of ANY company. If a perfume CEO becomes the CEO of a car company and because of their aesthetic eye can pick what shape of car to make (after being given 100 designs) they didn't fucking design or engineer shit. Cubby seems to have missed this.
    You did. Continually.

    Elon Musk contributed a lot to the start of SpaceX - engineering and administrative know how. Remember, you're still looking for your hypocrisy from previous posts in this thread. You literally contradicted yourself regarding companies in this thread, and still haven't found it.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You did. Continually.

    Elon Musk contributed a lot to the start of SpaceX - engineering and administrative know how. Remember, you're still looking for your hypocrisy from previous posts in this thread. You literally contradicted yourself regarding companies in this thread, and still haven't found it.
    We are talking about engineering genius why the fuck are you talking about "administrative work" You said he helped design... well the people that work there say they go to musk with hundreds of designs and he has input on them and he picks THAT ISN'T ENGINEERING

  8. #328
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You've contributed nothing to defend your point. I asked for specific engineering achievements of which you've offered up nilch.
    And I told you. He helped complete the design on the original rocket used in the first four flights, and another person told you Musk helped on the actual launches. Musk is a rocket engineer. Just because you don't like him personally, doesn't make it less true.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And I told you. He helped complete the design on the original rocket used in the first four flights, and another person told you Musk helped on the actual launches. Musk is a rocket engineer. Just because you don't like him personally, doesn't make it less true.
    He helped complete the design... by giving input on which designs that were already engineered for him... and having people actually engineer it.

    It's like how an artist can sketch a building BUT THE ARCHICHEST AND CIVIL ENGINEERS ARE THE ONES TO MAKE IT A FUCKING REALITY

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Rofl at people who blatantly lie because they have nothing solid to contribute.
    16 miles above where space begins IS space. Elon Musk isn’t an engineer. Thanks for catching up.

  11. #331
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We are talking about engineering genius why the fuck are you talking about "administrative work" You said he helped design... well the people that work there say they go to musk with hundreds of designs and he has input on them and he picks THAT ISN'T ENGINEERING
    I'm answering both your critiques of Musk at the same time. His engineering prowess helped at the start, and his administrative prowess has been key during the entire growth of SpaceX. You said "he just threw money as SpaceX and others did it" - which is categorically wrong, in a number of different arenas.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    16 miles above where space begins IS space. Elon Musk isn’t an engineer. Thanks for catching up.
    Ok, sure - 11 minutes is super cool. Musk is an engineer. You zealots crack me up every time you show up for these discussions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He helped complete the design... by giving input on which designs that were already engineered for him... and having people actually engineer it.
    Thank you for admitting I was right. This has been my entire point from the beginning.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm answering both your critiques of Musk at the same time. His engineering prowess helped at the start, and his administrative prowess has been key during the entire growth of SpaceX. You said "he just threw money as SpaceX and others did it" - which is categorically wrong, in a number of different arenas.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ok, sure - 11 minutes is super cool. Musk is an engineer. You zealots crack me up every time you show up for these discussions.
    You didn’t take issue with the time, you mocked the idea he went to space. And Musk is a software engineer. As one myself I can tell you it’s not the same thing as an engineer. Let alone one who designs reusable rockets. Musk’s own company refuses to detail how “involved” he was in the design process because his involvement came down to aesthetic choices, not engineering ones.

  13. #333
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You didn’t take issue with the time, you mocked the idea he went to space. And Musk is a software engineer. As one myself I can tell you it’s not the same thing as an engineer. Let alone one who designs reusable rockets. Musk’s own company refuses to detail how “involved” he was in the design process because his involvement came down to aesthetic choices, not engineering ones.
    He's more than a software engineer. I can't help you if you can't face facts and reality. Keep going with your zealotry though - it's adorable.

    Or, cite where you're getting your info on him. My says different.

    (and I mocked almost everything about Bezos at one point - don't take one statement I said and pretend I haven't said more in other places - please be at least better than that)

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm answering both your critiques of Musk at the same time. His engineering prowess helped at the start, and his administrative prowess has been key during the entire growth of SpaceX. You said "he just threw money as SpaceX and others did it" - which is categorically wrong, in a number of different arenas.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ok, sure - 11 minutes is super cool. Musk is an engineer. You zealots crack me up every time you show up for these discussions.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Thank you for admitting I was right. This has been my entire point from the beginning.
    THAT DOESN'T JUSTIFY YOU CALLING HIM AN ENGINEERING GENIUS The fuck are you confused about? Is an artist who sketches a building a civil engineering genius because they hire architects and engineers to do the work to make their vision real?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He's more than a software engineer. I can't help you if you can't face facts and reality. Keep going with your zealotry though - it's adorable.

    Or, cite where you're getting your info on him. My says different.

    (and I mocked almost everything about Bezos at one point - don't take one statement I said and pretend I haven't said more in other places - please be at least better than that)
    You can't help anyone because you can't find shit to justify your position else you would have done so by now instead of pestering us with fluff.

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He's more than a software engineer. I can't help you if you can't face facts and reality. Keep going with your zealotry though - it's adorable.

    Or, cite where you're getting your info on him. My says different.
    His biography. Dude has never worked as an engineer nor been educated as one. Fuck, he only has a BS in economics(weird, he made his money off charging people to pay for shit online…) and his degree in material sciences is a bachelor of arts. That means he couldn’t pass the required courses for the BS in materials, the first steps towards being an engineer. Then he got accepted to a course to become an engineer and promptly dropped out because it was too hard. He then tried to get a job coding and was rejected because he sucks at that too. He then made paypal so people could pay for shit on ebay and got rich skimming off the top(charging a usage fee). Dude is a piece of shit that has convinced gullible people he has something to offer besides funding/marketing. Just like Steve Jobs.

  16. #336
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    THAT DOESN'T JUSTIFY YOU CALLING HIM AN ENGINEERING GENIUS The fuck are you confused about?
    No, the only one that's confused here is you. You just said he contributed to the engineering designs of the first rockets. Admitting I was right all along. After that it's just semantics, so when you're no longer confused, we can continue the rest of the discussion.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, the only one that's confused here is you. You just said he contributed to the engineering designs of the first rockets. Admitting I was right all along. After that it's just semantics, so when you're no longer confused, we can continue the rest of the discussion.
    Ruh roh Shaggy.

  18. #338
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    His biography. Dude has never worked as an engineer nor been educated as one. Fuck, he only has a BS in economics(weird, he made his money off charging people to pay for shit online…) and his degree in material sciences is a bachelor of arts. That means he couldn’t pass the required courses for the BS in materials, the first steps towards being an engineer. Then he got accepted to a course to become an engineer and promptly dropped out because it was too hard. He then tried to get a job coding and was rejected because he sucks at that too. He then made paypal so people could pay for shit on ebay and got rich skimming off the top(charging a usage fee). Dude is a piece of shit that has convinced gullible people he has something to offer besides funding/marketing. Just like Steve Jobs.
    And you're wrong, again, as usual. His degree is Economic and Physics, both from the University of Penn. He was admitted to the Materials Science PhD program at Stanford, but quit after two days.

    Please try and get your basic facts right before having a conversation about a topic. For all of us.

    You don't need formal training as an engineer to work and be an engineer. I know you want to argue with this, but you're wrong to do so, as even the Professional Engineering designations in some states don't require an engineering degree. And the P.E. allows you to certify engineering plans and train other engineers. I'm not saying Musk was a P.E., I'm just cutting off your argument at the pass, when you try to say you have to have an engineering degree to be an engineer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ruh roh Shaggy.
    Right? I'm not sure why he's arguing with himself. He admitted I was right two posts ago.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, the only one that's confused here is you. You just said he contributed to the engineering designs of the first rockets. Admitting I was right all along. After that it's just semantics, so when you're no longer confused, we can continue the rest of the discussion.
    Lol any bendito……bendito no….don’t do this to yourself.

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And you're wrong, again, as usual. His degree is Economic and Physics, both from the University of Penn. He was admitted to the Materials Science PhD program at Stanford, but quit after two days.

    Please try and get your basic facts right before having a conversation about a topic. For all of us.

    You don't need formal training as an engineer to work and be an engineer. I know you want to argue with this, but you're wrong to do so, as even the Professional Engineering designations in some states don't require an engineering degree. And the P.E. allows you to certify engineering plans and train other engineers. I'm not saying Musk was a P.E., I'm just cutting off your argument at the pass, when you try to say you have to have an engineering degree to be an engineer.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Right? I'm not sure why he's arguing with himself. He admitted I was right two posts ago.
    Duck, I flipped the two. Sorry, my brain does that. Guess what though? I know people who work at SpaceX. Elon isn’t designing shit. Aside from suggesting “make it pointy… like in the Dictator!” And going to space, even for minutes, is a huge deal. Mocking it as “space” is mocking the idea that 60+ miles qualifies. Sorry you are upset that more than one piece of shit got to space. And one did it without govt funding(mostly)! In a rounded rocket… guess he skipped The Dictator. Like everyone who isn’t Elon.
    Last edited by Vegas82; 2021-10-14 at 03:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •