Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Starliner is now so delayed that NASA is planning to offload some of the Starliner astronauts on SpaceX launches instead: https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...tended-delays/

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Starliner is now so delayed that NASA is planning to offload some of the Starliner astronauts on SpaceX launches instead: https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...tended-delays/
    Aaand it's official: https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/n...crew-missions/

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    can we discuss how inspiration 4 lasted several days where as both tourism missions from VG and BO lasted minutes, maybe hours

Don't get me wrong, I've got bones to pick with SpaceX, mostly their fanbase, but SpaceX has earned it's wings recently. National Team and others have not.
    Exactly. Precisely.

SpaceX is cutting edge ahead-of-literally-everyone technology, auto landing orbital rockets on boats and putting the U.S. back on the map for manned missions while the other two did about as much "space time" as the 727 weightless training jet does, just a little higher up. It's beyond ridiculous to compare the three companies. Only one is actually a privatized space launch company. The other two are tourists.

It's laughable the Bezo's sued for the moon lander project - Blue Origin has never, ever, put anything into orbit. Still.

- - - Updated - - -

Starliner could still be years from launching, they just don't know. It could go off the pad early 2022, too. This manned mission offload to SpaceX is huge, however, in suggesting that Starliner is suffering more problems than has been reported.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Starliner could still be years from launching, they just don't know. It could go off the pad early 2022, too. This manned mission offload to SpaceX is huge, however, in suggesting that Starliner is suffering more problems than has been reported.
    https://blogs.nasa.gov/kennedy/2021/...test-2-status/

Current goal is test flight in first half of 2022. It would then be crew test flight in second half (assuming nothing goes wrong again). We probably won't see first operational flight until 2023.

Starship will be solidly orbital before Starliner flies actual missions.

Oh sure, I would be worried if there weren't safety issues being brought up. IIRC at the start of SpaceX, on the last flight to make or break them, one of the engineers did something totally insane/"unsafe", which made the launch work - but could have easily gotten him killed. Of course they are sometimes unsafe - that's what most corporations do, push the limits to succeed/profit. But that's not the issue.

The issue for me is that if we assume the same behavior from both said sociopaths, then the pretend space-tourist ought to just STFO and get out of the way. Blue Dipshits puts people into "space" for several minutes. SpaceX reconnected the United States to the ISS, and did it while pioneering self landing rockets.

There isn't even a discussion to be had on who should be heading up the private portion of the moon landing effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Impugn him all you want - he's got plenty to be strung up about. But the quality and success of SpaceX is objective at this point. The other two space tourists are just play acting.
    What did "he" do?

If I go and buy a smithy do I suddenly become a master blacksmith?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What did "he" do?

He climbed into the rocket and sheared off part of an engine nozzle.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What did "he" do?

You Musk haters are fucking adorable. Please, just stop.

You're the silly puss who things the fish should get all the credit for the Cioppino. It's the chef that puts it all together. In this case the chef is also a sous-chef.

If you don't know what "he" did, then read back through this and other posts. If you're asking for some juvenile bait post, well, we already knew that, so congrats on being both predictable and sophomoric.

- - - Updated - - -

He climbed into the rocket and sheared off part of an engine nozzle.
    Exactly. And about a billion other things.

Themius knows all this. The Musk Haters of MMO know all his achievements, his education, and what "he" has done for space travel.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-10-09 at 05:23 PM.

You Musk haters are fucking adorable. Please, just stop.

You're the silly puss who things the fish should get all the credit for the Cioppino. It's the chef that puts it all together. In this case the chef is also a sous-chef.

If you don't know what "he" did, then read back through this and other posts. If you're asking for some juvenile bait post, well, we already knew that, so congrats on being both predictable and sophomoric.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. And about a billion other things.

Themius knows all this. The Musk Haters of MMO know all his achievements, his education, and what "he" has done for space travel.
    The chef is a cook himself who usually worked his way up there... Musk is the person who buys some real estate where a restaurant was, and then puts money into it... he is not the chef.

What "billion other" things?

Also you instantly call me a musk hater because you're one of his fucking fanboys. Can't even fucking critique the union busting, coup backing, pandemic conspiracy theory bullshit artist, because his fans say he can do no wrong.

Please...

I literally said buying something doesn't make him an expert, is that fucking "hater" speech now? My fucking god....

You lot are just as rabid as trump fans.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-10-09 at 05:33 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The chef is a cook himself who usually worked his way up there... Musk is the person who buys some real estate where a restaurant was, and then puts money into it... he is not the chef.
    He is precisely the chef. It's truly embarrassing that you don't understand even this simple analogy. If you're confused about what he's done, do some research. Don't post your bullshit here.

What "billion other" things?
    You mean design and construct a space venture company? Those "billion things? How fucking ignorant are you on this subject. Fucking Musk haters...pathetic.

Also you instantly call me a musk hater because you're one of his fucking fanboys. Can't even fucking critique the union busting, coup backing, pandemic conspiracy theory bullshit artist, because his fans say he can do no wrong.
    I call you a Musk Hater because you are - period. Objectively. Factually. You consistently post here attempting your sophomoric bullshit, never giving credit where credit is due. It's ok, you hate him, that's fine - everyone can have their opinion. But if you lie, well, you'll get called out on it, every time.

I literally said buying something doesn't make him an expert, is that fucking "hater" speech now? My fucking god....
    No, you literally asked what he did. If you forget your own posts, you can look them up - we'll wait. Meanwhile, in reality land, Musk built up the largest and most successful space venture enterprise in human history. His expertise in many fields is legion. You ignoring that and constantly asking "what did 'he' do" makes you an ignorant hater.

It's not our fault you're a Musk Hater. You did that, not us.

You lot are just as rabid as trump fans.
    Rofl - look how pathetic you're lot has become. We call you out for what you are, and all you have left is some silly trump analogy.

It's pathetic how you Musk haters come into a discussion and ruin with your biased bullshit. We're all just sick and tired of it. You hate him, can't be bothered to be intellectually honest enough to give credit where credit is due, and then are stupid enough to not understand how ridiculous your original analogy is.

We're all on record pointing out Musk's many faults - and there are many. Sociopaths usually have a boat load. But his engineering prowess and amazing space venture success is literally second to none. Let us know when you're ready to be intellectually honest and you'll get an invite back to the table. Until then, we'll call you what you are - an irrational Musk Hater.

He is precisely the chef. It's truly embarrassing that you don't understand even this simple analogy. If you're confused about what he's done, do some research. Don't post your bullshit here.

You mean design and construct a space venture company? Those "billion things? How fucking ignorant are you on this subject. Fucking Musk haters...pathetic.

I call you a Musk Hater because you are - period. Objectively. Factually. You consistently post here attempting your sophomoric bullshit, never giving credit where credit is due. It's ok, you hate him, that's fine - everyone can have their opinion. But if you lie, well, you'll get called out on it, every time.

No, you literally asked what he did. If you forget your own posts, you can look them up - we'll wait. Meanwhile, in reality land, Musk built up the largest and most successful space venture enterprise in human history. His expertise in many fields is legion. You ignoring that and constantly asking "what did 'he' do" makes you an ignorant hater.

It's not our fault you're a Musk Hater. You did that, not us.

Rofl - look how pathetic you're lot has become. We call you out for what you are, and all you have left is some silly trump analogy.

It's pathetic how you Musk haters come into a discussion and ruin with your biased bullshit. We're all just sick and tired of it. You hate him, can't be bothered to be intellectually honest enough to give credit where credit is due, and then are stupid enough to not understand how ridiculous your original analogy is.

We're all on record pointing out Musk's many faults - and there are many. Sociopaths usually have a boat load. But his engineering prowess and amazing space venture success is literally second to none. Let us know when you're ready to be intellectually honest and you'll get an invite back to the table. Until then, we'll call you what you are - an irrational Musk Hater.
    Musk built it because he has enough money to throw around to build it... that doesn't make him mystical. Musk has ideas, and enough money to see those ideas become real (except the fucking impossible stupid ones of course like the hyperloop you were so excited about that you attacked everyone for questioning it, science be damned)

Look how rabidly you defend Musk. You are attacking me like I personally insulted you People have called you out for that bullshit since the start of this thread. You jump down everyone's throat for even questions musk. AND I ASKED A FUCKING QUESTIONS TO GIVE YOU SPACE TO FILL ME IN ON THINGS I MAY NOT KNOW and what did you decide to do but TAKE A FUCKING SHIT ON ME because I dared question Musk? The fuck is wrong with you?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Musk built it because he has enough money to throw around to build it... that doesn't make him mystical. Musk has ideas, and enough money to see those ideas become real (except the fucking impossible stupid ones of course like the hyperloop you were so excited about that you attacked everyone for questioning it, science be damned)
    Musk built SpaceX because he had the vision and engineering prowess to do what literally no one else did. He certainly built it on the backs of giants, there can be no doubt now or ever that NASA are the true pioneers here, but Musk took some design specs and revolutionized space launch ventures, at the same time getting the United States back on the map of launching humans into outer space.

Look how rabidly you defend Musk.
    You mean, look how much I call out Haters on their bullshit posts? We'll show you for the liar you are a little later, but just remember, you started this with your "what did 'he' do?" post. Knowing all along what Musk had done.

You are attacking me like I personally insulted you People have called you out for that bullshit since the start of this thread.
    Whoops. Here's where you're a liar. Objectively. Do you see below where you innocently claim to just be asking for examples of what Musk did? But now you point out that you've read the entire thread? The thread where Musk's contributions have been at least outlined? Nice try. Can you post "my bullshit" from this thread? We'll wait.

You jump down everyone's throat for even questions musk. AND I ASKED A FUCKING QUESTIONS TO GIVE YOU SPACE TO FILL ME IN ON THINGS I MAY NOT KNOW and what did you decide to do but TAKE A FUCKING SHIT ON ME because I dared question Musk? The fuck is wrong with you?
    Everyone's? No. I call out the irrational haters that pop up in these. I do it because I'm sick of people's dishonesty. You're shitting all over yourself. We're just calling you out on it. The intellectual dishonesty you show here is almost legion. It's fucking adorable you're trying to turn this into some innocent little post where somehow you are the victim. Talk about rabid trump fans....

If it was some innocent question, I guess you don't remember anything of the other threads you've read and posted on re Musk and SpaceX?

However, I pride myself on intellectual honesty, and admitting mistakes when I make them (or when I'm wrong). So, on the very low probability off chance that you were merely asking for a list of contributions of Musk, and I completely misunderstood your intentions, what questions do you have about SpaceX and Musk's achievements in the space launch industry?

Musk built SpaceX because he had the vision and engineering prowess to do what literally no one else did. He certainly built it on the backs of giants, there can be no doubt now or ever that NASA are the true pioneers here, but Musk took some design specs and revolutionized space launch ventures, at the same time getting the United States back on the map of launching humans into outer space.

You mean, look how much I call out Haters on their bullshit posts? We'll show you for the liar you are a little later, but just remember, you started this with your "what did 'he' do?" post. Knowing all along what Musk had done.

Whoops. Here's where you're a liar. Objectively. Do you see below where you innocently claim to just be asking for examples of what Musk did? But now you point out that you've read the entire thread? The thread where Musk's contributions have been at least outlined? Nice try. Can you post "my bullshit" from this thread? We'll wait.

Everyone's? No. I call out the irrational haters that pop up in these. I do it because I'm sick of people's dishonesty. You're shitting all over yourself. We're just calling you out on it. The intellectual dishonesty you show here is almost legion. It's fucking adorable you're trying to turn this into some innocent little post where somehow you are the victim. Talk about rabid trump fans....

If it was some innocent question, I guess you don't remember anything of the other threads you've read and posted on re Musk and SpaceX?

However, I pride myself on intellectual honesty, and admitting mistakes when I make them (or when I'm wrong). So, on the very low probability off chance that you were merely asking for a list of contributions of Musk, and I completely misunderstood your intentions, what questions do you have about SpaceX and Musk's achievements in the space launch industry?
    Musk vision isn't special... a lot of it is centuries old.. we just have better tech and he has a lot of money. A lot of people have vision and dreams they just don't have the money to make them real For forgive me if I don't jizz when Musk sends out a dancing mime and doubt he'll have a fully working robot by 2022.

I was asking what did he "do". Not what were his ideas that he had money to throw at (everyone has visionary ideas) to become real, not which company did he buy and who did he hire. but what did he do. The way you people talk it is as if, if musk didn't exist we wouldn't be where we are in space today. though I suspect the issue lies in cutting funding over and over and over and over to space programs.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Musk vision isn't special... a lot of it is centuries old.. we just have better tech and he has a lot of money. A lot of people have vision and dreams they just don't have the money to make them real For forgive me if I don't jizz when Musk sends out a dancing mime and doubt he'll have a fully working robot by 2022.

I was asking what did he "do". Not what were his ideas that he had money to throw at (everyone has visionary ideas) to become real, not which company did he buy and who did he hire. but what did he do. The way you people talk it is as if, if musk didn't exist we wouldn't be where we are in space today. though I suspect the issue lies in cutting funding over and over and over and over to space programs.
    Ok, fair enough.

Elon Musk built from scratch, using his money and engineering prowess, a space launch venture wherein the cost of launching things to space has been cut by an order of magnitude. SpaceX/Musk pioneered reusable rockets. SpaceX/Musk put the United States back into human launch capability. The list literally goes on and on.

Musk is no saint, and I would bet money that he's actually an asshole. But his brilliance and engineering genius and organization abilities are bare for all to see. Literally no one else has done what he's done, not even NASA (although Musk used NASA's stuff to build SpaceX - I can expand on that if I'm not making sense).

If you're actually looking for a history and list of achivements, you can look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

Ok, fair enough.

Elon Musk built from scratch, using his money and engineering prowess, a space launch venture wherein the cost of launching things to space has been cut by an order of magnitude. SpaceX/Musk pioneered reusable rockets. SpaceX/Musk put the United States back into human launch capability. The list literally goes on and on.

Musk is no saint, and I would bet money that he's actually an asshole. But his brilliance and engineering genius and organization abilities are bare for all to see. Literally no one else has done what he's done, not even NASA (although Musk used NASA's stuff to build SpaceX - I can expand on that if I'm not making sense).

If you're actually looking for a history and list of achivements, you can look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk
    How did he build this from scratch? What is his "engineering genius"? You say no one has done what he's done but how could they? How can NASA do that when we cut their funding over and over and over and over and over to the point where we'll give more in subsidies to private companies to do space stuff, than to NASA itself.

So far all I'm seeing is... he has a lot of money and funded things... great... we have NASA, we could have funded it but instead we fund corporations. Musk didn't pioneer reusable rockets, NASA was already trying this in the 80s. He just had money and the goal to do it and thus did it. It isn't an original idea, it's just a funded idea.

There are tons of people smarter than Musk, with a better understanding of all of this than Musk. They just don't have the money to start random ventures that their heart desires at the drop of a hat. This is why I take specific issue with people who treat Musk like he is Jesus returned. It isn't fucking Musk, it takes thousands of smart people to do this work, thousands and thousands and years CENTURIES of ideas getting improved and yet fuck everyone else who didn't have the money to just try and do it.

What engineering genius is bare for us all to see? If he was such an engineering genius one would think he'd stop with the magic tubes that make no sense, and I'm not seeing in the wiki his engineering genius contribution to Spacex

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    How did he build this from scratch? What is his "engineering genius"? You say no one has done what he's done but how could they? How can NASA do that when we cut their funding over and over and over and over and over to the point where we'll give more in subsidies to private companies to do space stuff, than to NASA itself.
    He built the company. Don't get pedantic on me - if you don't know how companies are created and built by their founders, you can source several books on the subject. I don't know why we cut funding to NASA, I'm sure they probably could have at some point down the line, the plans were theirs. But they didn't. SpaceX did. That's what happened. Given the current status of Starliner I doubt NASA would be even remotely close to self landing rockets.
    His engineering genius was helping design the actual rocket, test them, repair, etc. Elon physically worked on the design and testing during SpaceX's build up to their first launch. They were down to their last rocket, if it hadn't succeeded they would have folded.

So far all I'm seeing is... he has a lot of money and funded things... great... we have NASA, we could have funded it but instead we fund corporations. Musk didn't pioneer reusable rockets, NASA was already trying this in the 80s. He just had money and the goal to do it and thus did it. It isn't an original idea, it's just a funded idea.
    Then you're not seeing the full picture. I've given you some links and tools, educate yourself. You're on record not wanting the privatization of space, so I'm not sure how much objectivity you're going to bring here nor how open you're going to be to new information. The fact that Musk/SpaceX has pioneered space ventures and literally taken us to the next level is something you might not like, but it doesn't change the facts, and you should consider that objectivity your overall evaluation of this topic.

There are tons of people smarter than Musk, with a better understanding of all of this than Musk. They just don't have the money to start random ventures that their heart desires at the drop of a hat. This is why I take specific issue with people who treat Musk like he is Jesus returned. It isn't fucking Musk, it takes thousands of smart people to do this work, thousands and thousands and years CENTURIES of ideas getting improved and yet fuck everyone else who didn't have the money to just try and do it.
    It was more than just money. As soon as you realize that, we can move on with the discussion. Musk isn't "Jesus returned" - he's kind of an asshole. But he created SpaceX and gets all the credit for the enormous success they have been.

What engineering genius is bare for us all to see? If he was such an engineering genius one would think he'd stop with the magic tubes that make no sense, and I'm not seeing in the wiki his engineering genius contribution to Spacex
    SpaceX.

He built the company. Don't get pedantic on me - if you don't know how companies are created and built by their founders, you can source several books on the subject. I don't know why we cut funding to NASA, I'm sure they probably could have at some point down the line, the plans were theirs. But they didn't. SpaceX did. That's what happened. Given the current status of Starliner I doubt NASA would be even remotely close to self landing rockets.
    His engineering genius was helping design the actual rocket, test them, repair, etc. Elon physically worked on the design and testing during SpaceX's build up to their first launch. They were down to their last rocket, if it hadn't succeeded they would have folded.

Then you're not seeing the full picture. I've given you some links and tools, educate yourself. You're on record not wanting the privatization of space, so I'm not sure how much objectivity you're going to bring here nor how open you're going to be to new information. The fact that Musk/SpaceX has pioneered space ventures and literally taken us to the next level is something you might not like, but it doesn't change the facts, and you should consider that objectivity your overall evaluation of this topic.

It was more than just money. As soon as you realize that, we can move on with the discussion. Musk isn't "Jesus returned" - he's kind of an asshole. But he created SpaceX and gets all the credit for the enormous success they have been.

SpaceX.
    I didn't get pedantic...honestly when you said "built it" I was hoping you didn't mean the company because that isn't something "amazing" when you have oodles of money. He created SpaceX with his riches and employed people that who could make what he wanted? I'm not impressed with that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get pedantic...honestly when you said "built it" I was hoping you didn't mean the company because that isn't something "amazing" when you have oodles of money. He created SpaceX with his riches and employed people that who could make what he wanted? I'm not impressed with that.
    Then don't be impressed. Frankly, I don't give a shit about your opinion on this topic any more. You're clearly biased, with no ability for objectivity. Intellectually dishonest people rarely keep my interest, and since you've proven yours, we can be done with this conversation.

Then don't be impressed. Frankly, I don't give a shit about your opinion on this topic any more. You're clearly biased, with no ability for objectivity. Intellectually dishonest people rarely keep my interest, and since you've proven yours, we can be done with this conversation.
    You honestly feel like a zealot on this matter to me. You are extremely defensive and brash and you really aren't giving me much to go on to see any justification. Building a company when you have hundreds of millions and billions to do so isn't an amazing feat... when you sink your riches to make it grow to make sure it doesn't die early, it isn't an amazing feat. If anything it just highlight an integral problem with out system.

"His engineering genius"

"he built a company and then hired some people and pumped money and had some neat ideas that have been round for decades. Exactly what did he do that showed his engineering genius? Like can you give me a specific example?"

"You fucking biased piece of shit Musk hater, Fuck you I don't give a fuck about your opinion."

It's pure zealotry.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    "he built a company and then hired some people and pumped money and had some neat ideas that have been round for decades. Exactly what did he do that showed his engineering genius? Like can you give me a specific example?"
    I already listed a few specific major accomplishments he did, both in the engineering field, and in the corporate arena - you asking for them now or claiming they weren't listed is gaslighting. Please refrain from that kind of behavior.

You honestly feel like a zealot on this matter to me. You are extremely defensive and brash and you really aren't giving me much to go on to see any justification. Building a company when you have hundreds of millions and billions to do so isn't an amazing feat... when you sink your riches to make it grow to make sure it doesn't die early, it isn't an amazing feat. If anything it just highlight an integral problem with out system.

"His engineering genius"

"You fucking biased piece of shit Musk hater, Fuck you I don't give a fuck about your opinion."

It's pure zealotry.
    And this is why we don't have anything to talk about anymore. You're ridiculously biased. You made up your mind on this topic before the discussion began (see your post I linked from this thread above). You call people "zealots" who point out your innumerable mistakes and misnomers.

The list of things you don't understand is legion. You don't understand how companies work. You don't know how they are built. You don't know what it takes to pioneer something. You were done before we began.

What's worse - you did all of this in bad faith. You either already know what I've told you and ignored it, or refuse to acknowledge it. Or you can't be bothered to learn more about something you claim to not understand. Either way, it's the worst form of intellectual dishonesty and isn't tollerated by people in this forum.

You go on and post more about "what did 'he' do" and "privatization has no place in space exploration" and we'll be at the adult table if you ever decide to join us. Meanwhile, enjoy your "zealotry" fallacy and pathetic baiting attempts. We'll keep laughing.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-10-09 at 10:40 PM.

I already listed a few specific major accomplishments he did, both in the engineering field, and in the corporate arena - you asking for them now or claiming they weren't listed is gaslighting. Please refrain from that kind of behavior.

And this is why we don't have anything to talk about anymore. You're ridiculously biased. You made up your mind on this topic before the discussion began (see your post I linked from this thread above). You call people "zealots" who point out your innumerable mistakes and misnomers.

The list of things you don't understand is legion. You don't understand how companies work. You don't know how they are built. You don't know what it takes to pioneer something. You were done before we began.

What's worse - you did all of this in bad faith. You either already know what I've told you and ignored it, or refuse to acknowledge it. Or you can't be bothered to learn more about something you claim to not understand. Either way, it's the worst form of intellectual dishonesty and isn't tollerated by people in this forum.

You go on and post more about "what did 'he' do" and "privatization has no place in space exploration" and we'll be at the adult table if you ever decide to join us. Meanwhile, enjoy your "zealotry" fallacy and pathetic baiting attempts. We'll keep laughing.
    Rich boy from rich family builds becomes richer thanks to head start in life "omg he's so amazing" yeah no his "corporate" bs is just that bs.

You haven't really said much... like his engineer skills you said go read wiki... I just want you to give me like a specific example that I can then go look into further. Do you not have one on the top of your head that isn't just "he had money and ideas and could afford them"