Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    There's an easy solution to all of this and the keyword is "incentive". For all the people who feel it's a waste of time to get vaccinated society could pay them a thousand dollars each to make it worth their while. In the name of public safety.
    Ah yes, that famous quote:

"Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you"

Wait...that's seems off....

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're referring to the McDonalds case, you clearly don't know the first thing about that case, because it wasn't just a case of "oops I spilled my coffee and it was a bit hot".

Third degree burns, dude. She needed skin grafts. Because the coffee was dangerously hot, way hotter than there was any need for it to be.
    The punitive damages Liebeck received were in part derived from McDonalds had over 700 reports of people burned by their coffee and had already faced multiple settlements over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It's why someone breaking into someones home has a weird amount of protections from harm.
    Damn, didn't think you'd jump straight to thinking that murdering people over trespassing or burglary is the way of an enlightened civilization.

Another popular example is getting rich because you burned yourself with coffee you bought that was hot...
    I see you've already been corrected on this nonsense.

I mean... having the company be liable for unforeseen negative effects would be a good olive branch to start with.
    In an ideal world, absolutely. In the real world, accepting such broad liability would put every company in too much financial risk should literally anything go wrong that none would view it as worth taking the risk if they wanted to stay in business.

Why? Because they already have their companies respective reputations on the line here, they're either gaining big or losing big if they screw up. Also, because they're thinking about the potential longterm profits with booster shots, and no company wants to be remembered as, "The one's that made the vaccine that killed/fucked people up.". Not great for repeat business.

Until I hit the at risk age group I'm not really gonna roll the dice on that for some vague notion of the greater good.
    Hey, if you want to risk joining the long-haulers, go for it. You're doing Greene proud, even if you don't intend to.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damn, didn't think you'd jump straight to thinking that murdering people over trespassing or burglary is the way of an enlightened civilization.

I see you've already been corrected on this nonsense.

In an ideal world, absolutely. In the real world, accepting such broad liability would put every company in too much financial risk should literally anything go wrong that none would view it as worth taking the risk if they wanted to stay in business.

Why? Because they already have their companies respective reputations on the line here, they're either gaining big or losing big if they screw up. Also, because they're thinking about the potential longterm profits with booster shots, and no company wants to be remembered as, "The one's that made the vaccine that killed/fucked people up.". Not great for repeat business.

Hey, if you want to risk joining the long-haulers, go for it. You're doing Greene proud, even if you don't intend to.
    Was speaking more on how here at least you can be sued for people injuring themselves while breaking into home never mind the absurdity of not being able to actively defend yourself.

As for the rest the company could be disbanded and rebranded in a heart beat and less then 1% of the population would ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    There's an easy solution to all of this and the keyword is "incentive". For all the people who feel it's a waste of time to get vaccinated society could pay them a thousand dollars each to make it worth their while. In the name of public safety.
    The incentive is not getting sick or getting others sick. Idiots are the only ones that need an "incentive" like money to do so.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I mean... having the company be liable for unforeseen negative effects would be a good olive branch to start with. Until I hit the at risk age group I'm not really gonna roll the dice on that for some vague notion of the greater good.
    It wasn't unforeseen. They'd been warned about it multiple times before the incident. She won because they'd been previously warned about it. Wherever you get your information, stop getting it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It wasn't unforeseen. They'd been warned about it multiple times before the incident. She won because they'd been previously warned about it. Wherever you get your information, stop getting it there.
    With their ass so close, that’s probably tough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So its even worse than I realised. Cool.

... what is wrong with people? Seriously.
    They’ve fetishized victimhood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got out of the vaccination center, open the news - the party chef of the nazis has stepped down.

Vaccines work!

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Just got out of the vaccination center, open the news - the party chef of the nazis has stepped down.

Vaccines work!
    I wonder what will happen after you get the second shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I wonder what will happen after you get the second shot!
    I hear the WiFi boost is incredible...

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I hear the WiFi boost is incredible...
    Only if you stand there with your mouth open.

Didn't we go over this already... Feels like Deja Vu.

...is...uh...is this where we should talk about Tucker Carlson 'almost' saying "segregation was the best thing to happen to America?"
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    ...is...uh...is this where we should talk about Tucker Carlson 'almost' saying "segregation was the best thing to happen to America?"
    I'm sorry, what? Not that I don't believe he said that because he absolutely probably did, but you do have a citation or video for that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post

Is this that shit (warning, loud audio at the end)? Man, thank goodness he has a teleprompter to read off of so he didn't accidentally say "best" like his mouth was clearly trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I'm sorry, what? Not that I don't believe he said that because he absolutely probably did, but you do have a citation or video for that, right?
    https://twitter.com/John_Henson/stat...03014250160129

Edit: Sniped!

Is this that shit (warning, loud audio at the end)? Man, thank goodness he has a teleprompter to read off of so he didn't accidentally say "best" like his mouth was clearly trying to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Man, I figured the longer video with more context would be less bad but like...holy shit it's so much worse because it's so fucking retarded.

I had no clue Tucker Carlson hated private businesses and freedom of speech/association so much. I thought he was the champion of homophobes who didn't want to bake cakes for da gays?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always convenient when someone comes out and admits straight-up that they're an idiot.

And anyone thinking there's a conflict between science and their faith in a particular God or Gods, they're idiots.

Note that I am not attacking religious faith, there. I'm attacking the idea that faith justifies denying observable reality. No faith on the planet asks that of its followers; it's purely a position held by idiots.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/14/polit...ogy/index.html

And after visiting the US Holocaust Memorial she's now sorry. I guess she didn't actually know what the Holocaust was until she went to a *checks notes* museum instead of just looking at some statues and magically understanding the complex history behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/14/polit...ogy/index.html

And after visiting the US Holocaust Memorial she's now sorry. I guess she didn't actually know what the Holocaust was until she went to a *checks notes* museum instead of just looking at some statues and magically understanding the complex history behind them.
    Fuck that, no she isn't.

Apologies are meaningless hot air, unless followed up by amends.

Particularly as she hasn't reversed course on her horseshit pro-disease anti-masker bullshittery, just her comparison of quarantine measures for public health to the fucking Holocaust, which you'd have to be an anti-semitic shitmonger to even bring up in the first place.

She's just "sorry" she got exposed as a bigoted, ignorant, stupid shithead.

Also, "I said some offensive things, and I'm sorry for that" is not much of an apology. It's almost as much of a non-apology as the classic "I'm sorry you got offended" nonsense. Try digging deep and figuring out what failures of personal character led you to make such statements, and take responsibility for those failures, and promise to work to eliminate them from your personality moving forward. As a bare fucking minimum starting point.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-06-15 at 01:39 AM.