Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    MTG says controversial things all the time so you have to get used to it. She's the right wing version of AOC, they both just spout out nonsense and then their opponents dramatize everything they say.
    this is a terrible comparison, pretty gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    MTG says controversial things all the time so you have to get used to it. She's the right wing version of AOC, they both just spout out nonsense and then their opponents dramatize everything they say.
    White supremacism is the same as bog-standard social-democrat positions?

You're absolutely out to fucking lunch.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/17/polit...cus/index.html

Apparently it was too on-the-nose even for the Republican caucus.

She's got her headlines and the rather explicit whistle towards the racists, mission accomplished. I just hope it hurts the GOP more overall to balance it out, it is the party of lunatics nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    White supremacism is the same as bog-standard social-democrat positions?

You're absolutely out to fucking lunch.
    Really goes to show how radicalized the right-wing are in the US.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Really goes to show how radicalized the right-wing are in the US.
    Like, AOC would fit in just fine with the Liberal Party here in Canada. Who are decidedly centrist. I think she'd be a better fit than with the NDP, though it's borderline. And the NDP are pretty mid-left soc-dems at the most extreme anyway.

That anyone in the USA thinks AOC's views are in any way "extreme" just goes to show, like you say, how absolutely bananas radicalized those people actually are.

The GOP can't distance themselves from this. They not only paved the way, they added a map and road signs pointing the way to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    The GOP can't distance themselves from this. They not only paved the way, they added a map and road signs pointing the way to this.
    probably while fighting to keep the name of the confederates those roads were named after
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

No, she is clinically fucking retarded, AOC isn't. At least AOC is well educated, MTG is fucking stupid. This dumb bitch literally fucking voted against a bone marrow registry bill, one of only 2 to do it. The other another dumb Qtard bitch Boebert.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Some gems from this dogshit:

Completely oblivious to the fact that it's lunatics like themselves that are being mocked.

Recognized exclusively by said lunatics.

You know: Modern Republicans. The worst part about this rhetoric is that it is true to an extent...except that these shitbags don't think (or don't admit) for an instant that they themselves are the very oligarchs beholden to monied interests that they're frightening their constituents about.

It's funny because when Big Tech Firms™ crack down on this stuff, these fuckwits cry crocodile tears that conservative voices are being silenced.

One day these racist sacks of shit may understand that people who move to America become "American workers," regardless of how brown their skin or how different their native language. But I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not read up enough on the history of fascism to know where this particular ridiculous fixation comes from.

Echoes may or may not have been added by me.

There's more, but this shit is exhausting. As well as being extremely depressing knowing that these are people with power in this country.
    "four corners of the globe"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's literally white supremacist revisionist horseshit. The whole image of gleaming alabaster-white buildings and statues of Ancient Greece and Rome, all that white everywhere. Which was pretty explicitly adopted by the USA on its creation; just look at the major buildings and memorials in DC, like the Capitol Building or the Lincoln Memorial.

Because, y'see, the problem is that Ancient Greece and Rome were never gleaming pure beacons of white architecture and sculpture. It's literally a false viewpoint, used to suppress the riotously colored truth; https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ical-sculpture
    https://www.romaexperience.com/rome-...-ancient-rome/

All that architecture and sculpture was painted.
    Ooo, yeah, that was one of the surprisingly historically accurate things in AC Odyssey, especially for a series that basically matches its history fidelity with Bill and Ted.

Sounds like she took inspiration from Family Guy:

Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I know others have said it before, but I'm always so confused that these people call themselves "America first" or "patriots" with phrases like "freedom" while their whole plan is to destroy the constitution, overthrow the government the people elected, and strip people of their rights.

It's so bizarre that whenever you hear organizations with those buzz words in the name they are usually linked to extremism and terrorism.
    There was this line from the first season of the Handmaid's Tale, something Waterford tells June about his motivations for overthrowing the US.

"We only wanted to make the world better. Better never means better for everyone. It always means worse for some."

And the thing is, "better" is relative. I'm pretty sure that you and Marjorie Green would wildly disagree what a better world looks like.

A lot of these people have really fucked up world views.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    "four corners of the globe"
    Am I missing something - what's wrong with that idiom, isn't it simply referring to the compass points?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Am I missing something - what's wrong with that idiom, isn't it simply referring to the compass points?
    Nothing is wrong with it. Unless you choose to use it as a biblical interpretation that proves the Earth is flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Nothing is wrong with it. Unless you choose to use it as a biblical interpretation that proves the Earth is flat.
    Oh. That's a big oof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Does Marjorie Taylor Greene know what an Anglo-Saxon is/was? Can she state who Hangust and Horsa were? Are we resurrecting the Heptarcky?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Does Marjorie Taylor Greene know what an Anglo-Saxon is/was? Can she state who Hangust and Horsa were? Are we resurrecting the Heptarcky?
    I assume she's going by Mœrgöthrydd or some shit now.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I assume she's going by Mœrgöthrydd or some shit now.
    Mœrgöthrydd.... but is it Mœrgöthrydd the unready? or unsteady?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Considering the nature, it’s WASP... you just can’t say the W or the P, for what should be obvious reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s obvious she mean American WASPs.
    Yeah, it’s literally WASP, you just have read between the lines of W and P... it’s not hidden well...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I mean I can trace my Ancestry back to the friggin' Mayflower. If that ain't 'American' enough for these chucklefucks then that's their problem.
    Sadly no because these people always need some group to hate. Once all the minorities are gone and then the "not really whites", they will find some new group to hate.

Hard pass for me. While I may be socially conservative, I think a little Anglo-Saxon and Germanic culture goes a long way. We don't need even more.