Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    I'm not complaining but:

Has it been confirmed that this was the intended way of obtaining the mount? Or could it be similar to an achievement that was intended to require some coordination, and no-one found that intended way, and instead it was made "trivial" by soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Uhm, if you can't do it with specific gearlevels, it IS skill.
    And OBVIOUSLY you have to outgear stuff like this. What the hell? Do you expect to solo heroic dungeon bosses with ilvl 171? Everyone and their mom gets free 197 gear for doing literally nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

You kill them..? It doesn't matter if you are a mage or windwalker monk, you freakin burst those bosses out of their existance. Use your toolkit.
    That's not skill. That's just overpowering things. Skill would mean you can do it without needing to basically cheese the encounter. There's also plenty of specs that can't solo this right now and a lot of people don't have avenues to get higher than 197 ilvl without spending massive amounts of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That's not skill. That's just overpowering things. Skill would mean you can do it without needing to basically cheese the encounter. There's also plenty of specs that can't solo this right now and a lot of people don't have avenues to get higher than 197 ilvl without spending massive amounts of gold.
    I did it on a prot paladin that was wearing the full covenant set at 197 except for a 207 cloak from a world boss. No legendary, not even for offspec. Both rings and trinkets 194 from world quests. 203 shield from a calling but 194 weapon.

It wasn't easy, but it was nevertheless significantly easier than doing the Mage Tower tanking challenges despite significantly outgearing it.

Considering how quickly you can level and gear up a new character to 197 ilvl, I'd consider that a fairly reasonable requirement if you absolutely want to have the mount immediately and don't want to wait until a later patch or expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

You do not pay one cent to get the majority of your equipment to 197. Maybe you should play the game instead of just crying around.
    Covenant + WQ, no legendary = ~ 195

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I did it on a prot paladin that was wearing the full covenant set at 197 except for a 207 cloak from a world boss. No legendary, not even for offspec. Both rings and trinkets 194 from world quests. 203 shield from a calling but 194 weapon.

It wasn't easy, but it was nevertheless significantly easier than doing the Mage Tower tanking challenges despite significantly outgearing it.

Considering how quickly you can level and gear up a new character to 197 ilvl, I'd consider that a fairly reasonable requirement if you absolutely want to have the mount immediately and don't want to wait until a later patch or expansion.
    The key here is you are on a prot pally. A tank with A LOT of self-heals. If you're a DPS you basically need to be heroic raid geared to solo that dungeon heroic.

The key here is you are on a prot pally. A tank with A LOT of self-heals. If you're a DPS you basically need to be heroic raid geared to solo that dungeon heroic.
    Yes, exactly my point. It's even part of what you quoted. You may consider it excessive, but anyone could begin leveling a paladin today and reach level 60 with 197 ilvl gear before 9.1 drops. I'm neither skilled nor did I overgear it, but I still managed to solo it. If I can do it, anyone can.

"I shouldn't have to level another character to obtain the mount" sure, you have the option to wait then. Eventually it'll be doable for everyone, if not in a SL patch, then in the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Yes, exactly my point. It's even part of what you quoted. You may consider it excessive, but anyone could begin leveling a paladin today and reach level 60 with 197 ilvl gear before 9.1 drops. I'm neither skilled nor did I overgear it, but I still managed to solo it. If I can do it, anyone can.

"I shouldn't have to level another character to obtain the mount" sure, you have the option to wait then. Eventually it'll be doable for everyone, if not in a SL patch, then in the next expansion.
    It's utter asinine that it's really only possible without overgearing for tanks. Saying "just level a tank all the way to 60 and do it" is a ridiculous statement.