Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Talk about missing the point. Every other secret mount could be obtained by ANYONE as long as they went through the steps. This mount doesn't do that. You're expected to not only SOLO a dungeon but you also have to do it on heroic or higher. So it's more likely that people will need to wait for next expansion because most specs can't solo things like this.
    It will still be obtainable by ANYONE...just not now. Talk about missing the point.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Talk about missing the point. Every other secret mount could be obtained by ANYONE as long as they went through the steps.
    I was never able to get the Hive Mind mount, and never will be able to.

At least with this one - I'll eventually be able to come back and get it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I was never able to get the Hive Mind mount, and never will be able to.

At least with this one - I'll eventually be able to come back and get it.
    Why exactly won't you be able to get the Hivemind mount? There's nothing mechanically challenging about it.

As for the Slime Serpent, I finally managed to get it myself on my 197 prot pala. I originally struggled a lot with Domina but then I decided to swap Seraphim for Divine Purpose and that made the fight significantly easier.

Stradama died on first try. I did struggle a bit with killing the slimes in time before another spawned due to low dps, but I always managed to push Stradama to the next phase before I got completely overwhelmed.

That said, glad to be done with this now rather than later as Blizzard will rescale difficulty of heroic and m0 with every "season", and there's no guarantee that we'll have access to catch up gear as easily accessible and powerful as the covenant sets in the future.

I'd certainly hate having to wait until the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Why exactly won't you be able to get the Hivemind mount? There's nothing mechanically challenging about it.
    Requires a group. That is - it could never be soloed.

Much prefer the one I know I can get next expansion to the one that I'd never be able to get.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Moreso the lack of Growl being fucking useless as a Taunt.
    Not to necro this point but, since when has Growl been bad?
    I can only speak for myself but my pets have no issue keeping threat off me, and I'm fairly geared.
    Did this boss just yesterday, once I realized you can Feign every ambusher spawn and they de-target you the first fight is a joke. Your pet gets trucked so I'd suggest a Core-hound or similar tank pet, keep Mend on CD and misdirect on pull. Heck you can even pre-turtle the stun.

I thought you'd need to at least kite the boss over the ambushers and flare them out, turns out it's 1,000x easier if you just hug the door and feign death.

Talk about missing the point. Every other secret mount could be obtained by ANYONE as long as they went through the steps. This mount doesn't do that. You're expected to not only SOLO a dungeon but you also have to do it on heroic or higher. So it's more likely that people will need to wait for next expansion because most specs can't solo things like this.
    God forbid there is anything that requires skill. And as mentioned: At the end of 9.1 everyone will be able to do it as damage will be so laughable high again.

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    With 205-210 ilvl which is LAUGHABLE to obtain this can be done on heroic EASY with multiple methods.
    Curious on how this is laughably easy to obtain? In order to reach that players would need to do M+10 along with Normal/Heroic raids to average that item level range. Which isn't laughable by a vast majority of the players. Laughable would imply the gear is really easy to get. Even if you raided normal only your item level would be ~201-203ish.

World Quest Callings caps out at 200, WQ cap around 194, covenant gear caps at 197.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    God forbid there is anything that requires skill. And as mentioned: At the end of 9.1 everyone will be able to do it as damage will be so laughable high again.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with skill. But go off I guess.

It has absolutely nothing to do with skill. But go off I guess.
    Well, as every class (read: not spec) is able to solo this on heroic, yeah, it is indeed about skill. Get a Tank with around 200 ilvl or a solo dps with ~210, or a non-solo dps with ~220 > heroic is soloable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Well, as every class (read: not spec) is able to solo this on heroic, yeah, it is indeed about skill. Get a Tank with around 200 ilvl or a solo dps with ~210, or a non-solo dps with ~220 > heroic is soloable.
    Overgearing the fuck out of the dungeon isn't skill.

How I solo those bosses, when I only play rdps. ????? :P

Overgearing the fuck out of the dungeon isn't skill.
    Uhm, if you can't do it with specific gearlevels, it IS skill.
    And OBVIOUSLY you have to outgear stuff like this. What the hell? Do you expect to solo heroic dungeon bosses with ilvl 171? Everyone and their mom gets free 197 gear for doing literally nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
    How I solo those bosses, when I only play rdps. ????? :P
    You kill them..? It doesn't matter if you are a mage or windwalker monk, you freakin burst those bosses out of their existance. Use your toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Curious on how this is laughably easy to obtain? In order to reach that players would need to do M+10 along with Normal/Heroic raids to average that item level range. Which isn't laughable by a vast majority of the players. Laughable would imply the gear is really easy to get. Even if you raided normal only your item level would be ~201-203ish.

World Quest Callings caps out at 200, WQ cap around 194, covenant gear caps at 197.
    +10s are a joke...heroic raids are pugged all the time and are a joke, its called put in just a tad bit of effort one to 2 days out of the week. Not every mount should be accessible by the vast majority.......there are rare mounts that require more farming time than the time it takes to acquire the gear to do this...simple.....

Also, give it time this mount will be able to be acquired by every little person complaining they cant get it NOW!!!! Sick of the give it to me now crowd, its why these games are not challenging and have easy ass content that a hamster could do.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

I'm not complaining but:

Has it been confirmed that this was the intended way of obtaining the mount? Or could it be similar to an achievement that was intended to require some coordination, and no-one found that intended way, and instead it was made "trivial" by soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Uhm, if you can't do it with specific gearlevels, it IS skill.
    And OBVIOUSLY you have to outgear stuff like this. What the hell? Do you expect to solo heroic dungeon bosses with ilvl 171? Everyone and their mom gets free 197 gear for doing literally nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

You kill them..? It doesn't matter if you are a mage or windwalker monk, you freakin burst those bosses out of their existance. Use your toolkit.
    That's not skill. That's just overpowering things. Skill would mean you can do it without needing to basically cheese the encounter. There's also plenty of specs that can't solo this right now and a lot of people don't have avenues to get higher than 197 ilvl without spending massive amounts of gold.

That's not skill. That's just overpowering things. Skill would mean you can do it without needing to basically cheese the encounter. There's also plenty of specs that can't solo this right now and a lot of people don't have avenues to get higher than 197 ilvl without spending massive amounts of gold.
    I did it on a prot paladin that was wearing the full covenant set at 197 except for a 207 cloak from a world boss. No legendary, not even for offspec. Both rings and trinkets 194 from world quests. 203 shield from a calling but 194 weapon.

It wasn't easy, but it was nevertheless significantly easier than doing the Mage Tower tanking challenges despite significantly outgearing it.

Considering how quickly you can level and gear up a new character to 197 ilvl, I'd consider that a fairly reasonable requirement if you absolutely want to have the mount immediately and don't want to wait until a later patch or expansion.
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

You do not pay one cent to get the majority of your equipment to 197. Maybe you should play the game instead of just crying around.
    Covenant + WQ, no legendary = ~ 195

I did it on a prot paladin that was wearing the full covenant set at 197 except for a 207 cloak from a world boss. No legendary, not even for offspec. Both rings and trinkets 194 from world quests. 203 shield from a calling but 194 weapon.

It wasn't easy, but it was nevertheless significantly easier than doing the Mage Tower tanking challenges despite significantly outgearing it.

Considering how quickly you can level and gear up a new character to 197 ilvl, I'd consider that a fairly reasonable requirement if you absolutely want to have the mount immediately and don't want to wait until a later patch or expansion.
    The key here is you are on a prot pally. A tank with A LOT of self-heals. If you're a DPS you basically need to be heroic raid geared to solo that dungeon heroic.

The key here is you are on a prot pally. A tank with A LOT of self-heals. If you're a DPS you basically need to be heroic raid geared to solo that dungeon heroic.
    Yes, exactly my point. It's even part of what you quoted. You may consider it excessive, but anyone could begin leveling a paladin today and reach level 60 with 197 ilvl gear before 9.1 drops. I'm neither skilled nor did I overgear it, but I still managed to solo it. If I can do it, anyone can.

"I shouldn't have to level another character to obtain the mount" sure, you have the option to wait then. Eventually it'll be doable for everyone, if not in a SL patch, then in the next expansion.

Yes, exactly my point. It's even part of what you quoted. You may consider it excessive, but anyone could begin leveling a paladin today and reach level 60 with 197 ilvl gear before 9.1 drops. I'm neither skilled nor did I overgear it, but I still managed to solo it. If I can do it, anyone can.

"I shouldn't have to level another character to obtain the mount" sure, you have the option to wait then. Eventually it'll be doable for everyone, if not in a SL patch, then in the next expansion.
    It's utter asinine that it's really only possible without overgearing for tanks. Saying "just level a tank all the way to 60 and do it" is a ridiculous statement.