Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Can you cheat the Hardcore Addon?

Hi, does anyone know of a way to edit the addon to remove a death?

A few days ago i died because i disconnected and it took like half a minute for the internet to come back.
    I have leveled a few characters and died legit, and never appealed even though they were higher level, all on stream.

I was streaming at that moment as well, so i have some proof:
    walking in (5/5 improved) stealth near a same level enemy i could take out easily, stream goes down, then stream resumes, and i log in and find myself dead.
    But apparently this is not enough proof, as due to the internet being down, the dis/re-connection and death did not get streamed.

So, because the HC discord mod denied my appeal, i want to fix this injustice.
    I'm so angry, because i am not trying to fool anyone, but got rejected.

From now on i suppose i must be both streaming AND offline recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i want to fix this injustice.
    Do you not understand what Hardcore means? A death is a death doesn't matter if its due to a mob or internet issues. This has been a core rule since early days of HC runs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Do you not understand what Hardcore means? A death is a death doesn't matter if its due to a mob or internet issues. This has been a core rule since early days of HC runs.
    That's not how it works.
    If you die due to 1) disconnect , 2) glitch/bug , 3) forced pvp grief/exploit, you appeal that.

If the appeal is denied then it's time for a new char.

Hi, does anyone know of a way to edit the addon to remove a death?

A few days ago i died because i disconnected and it took like half a minute for the internet to come back.
    I have leveled a few characters and died legit, and never appealed even though they were higher level, all on stream.

I was streaming at that moment as well, so i have some proof:
    walking in (5/5 improved) stealth near a same level enemy i could take out easily, stream goes down, then stream resumes, and i log in and find myself dead.
    But apparently this is not enough proof, as due to the internet being down, the dis/re-connection and death did not get streamed.

So, because the HC discord mod denied my appeal, i want to fix this injustice.
    I'm so angry, because i am not trying to fool anyone, but got rejected.

From now on i suppose i must be both streaming AND offline recording.
    The addon is trivial to edit, because all WoW Addons are enforced open source. You'll just need to find a programmer who is immoral/unethical enough to help you cheat a for-fun community challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

That's not how it works.
    If you die due to 1) disconnect , 2) glitch/bug , 3) forced pvp grief/exploit, you appeal that.
    You can probably find a way to "fix" the addon, but it still won't get your character readded to the ladder. If you've had an appeal during the life of the character it gets reassessed before being readded. If you complete the run, it's not automatically added to the ladder.

It sucks, but it's the risk of the mode. The reality is that if they accepted what you gave them, anyone could cut short a video and say they dced. It's not an "injustice", it's just bad luck on your behalf.

I never got into hardcore stuff like this personally but even if I did, I couldn’t justify it on an online game where connection issues, latency or other players giving you trouble can cause it.

With that there is no real baseline to compare against others and with a commitment that long it’s bound to come up eventually.

Bad enough with it impacting your ratings on sports or fps games online but to full on kill your progress entirely due to issues beyond your own skill just seems like playing russian roulette repeatedly and hoping to never get that chamber. You keep pulling that trigger enough times and you’re going to eventually get the chamber you don’t want.

Unless you doing something like hardcore only to max level or something where there is a set goal which will minimize the odds some but never remove it.

Hardcore in Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Borderlands, or even Dark Souls I can understand, but WoW not so much.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

If you get found out, you will get mocked for trying to cheat a for-fun community challenge. Old school WoW is unfair. People die all the time to random crap, like hyperspawns and, yes, disconnects. It sucks that your appeal got denied, but there's nothing you can do about it but suck it up and go again.

So why don't you just keep leveling the character and not care what a bunch of random idiots online think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anveena View Post
    So why don't you just keep leveling the character and not care what a bunch of random idiots online think about it.
    i'm not sure how it would affect me trying to group up for dungeons.
    because you can only do it with other HC people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    The addon is trivial to edit, because all WoW Addons are enforced open source. You'll just need to find a programmer who is immoral/unethical enough to help you cheat a for-fun community challenge.
    did you even read my post past the first line?

Stop crying and being a little bitch.

Delete and move on, if the appeal was determined to not have enough evidence, then you're out of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    way to response after first word before waiting for me to actualy finish...

I would 100% recommend going through whatever official process exists for appealing the death.

If you do anything else, you will get caught, this will turn into a shitfest and you will take a huge hit to credibility.

Just put all your cards on the table and hope for the best, thats all you can do.

did you even read my post past the first line?
    Yes, and frankly, I don't believe you. That a moderator for the challenge ALSO didn't believe you is enough for me to disbelieve what you've said, and so from my standpoint, you'd be cheating a community for-fun challenge. Soz not soz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

15+ Year Old Account
    You appealed, it got denied, move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    This.

/10c
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

3+ Year Old Account
    You say you've leveled several characters before, so you managing a characters death doesn't seem to be that big a deal to you, so why do you feel the need to come here and openly ask to "cheat" (as per your title so explicitly says) a community-driven for-fun challenge?

You say you worry about not getting into groups anymore if you choose to continue with your "dead" character, but the leveling in vanilla WoW is mostly open-world questing and grinding anyways so this honestly shouldn't be that big a problem.. unless some things mentioned in this post isn't truthful, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Is Hardcore happened in a Hardcore Server the new you got pvped in a pvp server?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you even had to make this thread in the first place, you don’t have the temperament to deal with hardcore.

That’s the whole point of challenge: artificial difficulty for the sake of it. Something that spices it up That can come from things out of your control if the conditions are right; lag, disconnects, your mom yelling at you and you turn away from your monitor.

Sorry

I suppose that would entirely depend on how the mod stores / reports it's info?

Like, if the entire thing is client side, and the addons only communicate between eachother for verification, then simply finding the Addon's save file and editing your death count would fix it (identifying the death count flag in the save data could be difficult though, depending on how the data is recorded).

If it reports it's data to a central location which serves as a central reference though, you are pretty much fucked. Once that death was registered, there would be no way to "un" register it. I am assuming this is where your attempt to appeal to discord mods or whatever comes in. If you tried to appeal, and got denied, then there's nothing you are going to be able to do to change the verdict on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I suppose that would entirely depend on how the mod stores / reports it's info?

Like, if the entire thing is client side, and the addons only communicate between eachother for verification, then simply finding the Addon's save file and editing your death count would fix it (identifying the death count flag in the save data could be difficult though, depending on how the data is recorded).

If it reports it's data to a central location which serves as a central reference though, you are pretty much fucked. Once that death was registered, there would be no way to "un" register it. I am assuming this is where your attempt to appeal to discord mods or whatever comes in. If you tried to appeal, and got denied, then there's nothing you are going to be able to do to change the verdict on your end.
    I know what this community needs...

...BLOCKCHAIN!