Poll: Interested in wotlk classic?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Lightbulb Will you return for Wotlk classic?

This is bound to happen once we knew TBC is coming out, and I doubt blizz is going to let that opportunity slide (unless they close wow for good).

So, what is your situation? Pick a pool option and respond why.

(some explanation about pool options)
    pserver = any kind, not necessarily wotlk - dont advertise, just be honest
    switch to Wotlk classic = your main focus will become wotlk, not necessarily abandoning pserv/retail but playing less - at least during the wotlk content schedule
    only check out Wotlk classic = similar to above but you will still be playing pserv/retail

For the record as much as I am not interested in TBC, and played wotlk very little I am hyped about it. So there is no nostalgia here.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-04-19 at 08:49 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Most convoluted poll options lmao. Why can’t we pick “we are subbed, we play classic, tbc classic, and wotlk classic?”

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

No, while TBC and WotLK are the 2 versions I would definitely like to see over the bare bones vanilla version of the game, at the end of the day I've had my fill of both versions when they were current.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I technically started playing before the launch of TBC, but I never truly started doing endgame content until WotLK. I look forward to replaying some of it, but I definitely won't be replacing retail with any sort of classic content.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I always found Classic servers to be pointless and a waste of resources and that won't change with Wotlk.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Wrath has the best balance between old style WoW and quality of life. I just wish they wouldn't introduce dungeon finder at all (it was introduced late Wrath patch 3.3.0) and if they do have it work only for players on your realm. No crossrealm grouping.

I tried Classic and I lasted two days. The feeling of not having anything that could surprise me because I knew how every single patch was gonna be, devastated me. In my opinion, playing WoW Classic is a waste of time; nostalgia won't bring back what you felt when you played that game for the first time.
    Last edited by Norsok; 2021-04-19 at 09:11 AM.

I did manage to try a pserver of Wrath before all the hubub of basically outlawing them went down. It's still recent enough in my memory that I remember liking my return to it, so I'm confident I'd still find it fun. Not sure if it'll be worth a sub when it does finally come out, or if, but I guess that's why they're working on other Warcraft titles, to maybe try and bring in leople who like the ip and all, but maybe aren't as interested in WoW necessarily at the moment. I think I'm more interested in the new upcoming stuff than another Classic run, but maybe I'll be in the mood for it during some content droughts. I do find I've been playing even Vanilla Classic more than retail lately, so since I find I liked Wrath well enough back then maybe I'll just find myself in Wrath more over time. But I think I'd be a little sad if my preferences ended up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsok View Post
    I tried Classic and I lasted two days. The feeling of not having anything that could surprise me because I know how every single patch is gonna be, devastated me. In my opinion, playing WoW Classic is a waste of time; nostalgia won't bring back what you felt the first time you played that game for the first time.
    Well I barely played wotlk. Yeah some people that invested lots of time back then might not want to relive that experiece, but not everyone had a chance AND not everyone got anywhere back then.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

For me WoW is about progress and continuity. I may try out older expansions for a time, but my main game will always be the newest expansion/patch. I already played Wrath, it was great fun, and I'm not looking to have a do over. I'm happy with my memories as they are. I also cannot commit to hardcore raid schedules like I did in the past, and Wrath is still an expansions with barely any world content for casuals.

Also, it seems they are only willing to offer character boosts for classic expansions for money, and as a budget player I can't really afford that and at the same time cba to level from 40 to tbc and wrath cap, so yeah. I'll stick with the proper game
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norsok View Post
    I tried Classic and I lasted two days. The feeling of not having anything that could surprise me because I know how every single patch is gonna be, devastated me. In my opinion, playing WoW Classic is a waste of time; nostalgia won't bring back what you felt the first time you played that game for the first time.
    That's true if you enjoy the current version. I however, found the gameplay and sense of community in classic superior to retail. Felt like I was playing an mmorpg again. So for me it's not just nostalgia.

Dono what you mean by ”Switch to wotlk classic” since i will never abandon the characters i’ve played and built up since 2006.

If any thing i’ll play both retail & Wotlk, much like i’ve played classic & retail

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

a dollar for every "no i wont" becoming a "yes i did"

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Dono what you mean by ”Switch to wotlk classic” since i will never abandon the characters i’ve played and built up since 2006.

If any thing i’ll play both retail & Wotlk, much like i’ve played classic & retail
    I explained that in first post.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Still play WotLK private servers regularly, so definitely yes.

WotLK was peak of WoW for me, in terms of raiding, PvP, professions and leveling.

Nope. I played WotLK to death back in the day. I returned to classic purely for nostalgia of the old days, but even that wasnt enough for me to reach 60 with any character there. My paladin reached level 52 and I doubt he will see 60.

Im tierd of playing stuff i've done a million times already. Besides, wotlk is still there if I want to see it again, unlike the old EK/K world. Im unsubbed right now and will only sub now and then when theres new content worth playing on retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    That's true if you enjoy the current version. I however, found the gameplay and sense of community in classic superior to retail. Felt like I was playing an mmorpg again. So for me it's not just nostalgia.
    this will always be the must fun thing to see. Classic has no rpg elements which arent in current wow, which arent made up or are basically just inconvinieces hyped up.

Having to walk for 40 min through 3 zones to do a quest? WOOOOW, such rpg, much wow.

Also again this made up sense of community, while classic and retail work the same community wise.

Join a guild/discord to be in a community or dont and have none. Thats all there is to it for both games.

But to get back to topic, woltk servers will be interesting for the pvp maps which got removed and maybe raiding pdk.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    This is bound to happen once we knew TBC is coming out, and I doubt blizz is going to let that opportunity slide (unless they close wow for good).

So, what is your situation? Pick a pool option and respond why.

(some explanation about pool options)
    pserver = any kind, not necessarily wotlk - dont advertise, just be honest
    switch to Wotlk classic = your main focus will become wotlk, not necessarily abandoning pserv/retail but playing less - at least during the wotlk content schedule
    only check out Wotlk classic = similar to above but you will still be playing pserv/retail

For the record as much as I am not interested in TBC, and played wotlk very little I am hyped about it. So there is no nostalgia here.
    Yeah I am gonna play Wotlk classic. Most people will do too probably.

The poll itself is pretty bad though, didn't pick anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I always found Classic servers to be pointless and a waste of resources and that won't change with Wotlk.
    >Find classic fun
    >Don't find shadowlands fun
    >Lots of other people feel the same

Waste of time and resources... Hmm... Totally not worth bringing back potential sub money chucking like 5 people and a few servers at a version they already made for exponential income. Don't quit your day job.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wrath was my peak of raiding on the front lines. I wasn't ever close to server firsts but we would have gotten most of the Ahead of the Curve achievements for the expansion if they existed back then. I spent more time playing the game then than any other. Nostalgia will make me want to poke my nose in and see what's up, but... I've done Wrath. To death. There's no way I'd make it my primary game; if current WoW ceases to hold my interest – and I know it will, it always does – then I just go back to being on hiatus again.