Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    it DIDN'T feel good to see tony stark struggle in that cave to you? Bizarre. he was an asshole.
    I don’t feel good seeing anyone tortured. The fact that you do says more about you than Tony.

  2. #202
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The film was well put together but I never felt emotionally invested in any of the characters. It turns out that it is REALLY hard to feel bad for kids born into immense wealth, no matter how much they struggle afterwards. I get it, their dad was mean, but they were worth billions. Plus, the father got that wealth from being a warmonger, so its almost feels GOOD to see them struggle and you find yourself kinda rooting against them in some ways.

    Felt like a backwards movie. 5/10.
    “Sorry little Timmy you might have been put through physical and mental abuse every day of your life since you were 7, but your worth billions so get fucked”

    Just kinda makes you out as a shit person. Hell even if your stance wasn't shit on its own Shang gave up those billons at the age of 13 and was left with nothing as he remade him self in America.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    it DIDN'T feel good to see tony stark struggle in that cave to you? Bizarre. he was an asshole.
    I think you just have raging communistitist. The kid was severely abused from 7-14. But at least his dad is rich right? Just shows how immature you are.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I think you just have raging communistitist. The kid was severely abused from 7-14. But at least his dad is rich right? Just shows how immature you are.
    this would be a great parody of an mmoc post but i think its real lol. why di you take my comment so personally that you need to personally attack me? go outside.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  5. #205
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    35,966
    I thought it was pretty enjoyable and one of the better "origin" movies in the Marvel line. I was kind of worried it was going to be weird or awkward connecting it to the greater MCU given the standalone feeling it had from the trailers - but the inclusion of Wong (always good to see) and the various stinger connections really made it feel like part of the greater universe without distracting from the sense it was Shang-Chi's story through and through. Great fight choreography combined with wuxia tropes, with a nice Marvel sheen. It was a bit muddled in the first hour as it seemed to switch gears kind of rapidly, but came into its own for the later half and finished well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Plus, the father got that wealth from being a warmonger, so its almost feels GOOD to see them struggle and you find yourself kinda rooting against them in some ways.
    You want children to suffer because their father was a bad guy?

    Also, the guy who's got a hard-on for a new civil war criticizing a "warmonger" is pretty fucking funny.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I really really liked the film and especially the fight scenes in the movie. I know one thing after seeing the movie and that is Shueisha, Toei Animation and Akira Toriyama alongside whoever owns the American distribution for DBZ need to go hire Destin Daniel Cretton to go direct a DBZ movie because he looks like he could make a proper DBZ movie.
    Also for Avatar last Airbender live action and if naruto live action had to be made as well

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    this would be a great parody of an mmoc post but i think its real lol. why di you take my comment so personally that you need to personally attack me? go outside.
    Your posts are the great parody of an mmoc post. Taking pleasure in people getting tortured just because they have more money than you. Classic internet communsit take.

  9. #209
    Really enjoyed the film. Felt the same way about this one as I did about the Guardians films. Had the Marvel references not been in, the film could've stood alone as an excellent fantasy film. The Marvel tie-in is a bonus. Same as the space fantasy thing Guardians had going on. Great stuff.

  10. #210
    Enjoyed the movie, definitely one of the better first outings for a hero in Marvel. A lot of suprises I wasn't expecting and some great comedy. Ultimately pretty shallow, as it wasn't ever really trying to say much.

    The biggest weakness was probably the dad. We were continually told how bad and evil and manipulative and and scary and smart he is, but he just came across pretty passive for the most part. Then he ditched his "evil" ways because he fell in love, and spent the whole rest of the film as a broken grieving husband & father..

    Even then he seemed too calm and mellow - He just never came across as the evil scary big bad everyone kept saying he was.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Enjoyed the movie, definitely one of the better first outings for a hero in Marvel. A lot of suprises I wasn't expecting and some great comedy. Ultimately pretty shallow, as it wasn't ever really trying to say much.

    The biggest weakness was probably the dad. We were continually told how bad and evil and manipulative and and scary and smart he is, but he just came across pretty passive for the most part. Then he ditched his "evil" ways because he fell in love, and spent the whole rest of the film as a broken grieving husband & father..

    Even then he seemed too calm and mellow - He just never came across as the evil scary big bad everyone kept saying he was.
    He seemed like an anti-villain or something. Can be a nice guy with some good intentions, but will do whatever it takes to get what he wants regardless of the consequences. I think being willing to kill an entire village his wife came from and training his son & daughter to become cold-hearted assassins starting at 7 years old was villainy enough.

    However, I think his army felt kind of lame. Why was his right hand guy some white dude with a sword hand? Maybe it was in the comics, but it felt out of place.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-09-07 at 11:58 PM.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    He seemed like an anti-villain or something. Can be a nice guy with some good intentions, but will do whatever it takes to get what he wants regardless of the consequences. I think being willing to kill an entire village his wife came from and training his son & daughter to become cold-hearted assassins starting at 7 years old was villainy enough.

    However, I think his army felt kind of lame. Why was his right hand guy some white dude with a sword hand? Maybe it was in the comics, but it felt out of place.
    Razorfist and Shang-Chi have a history in the comics.

  13. #213
    Would be nice to see more asian characters that don't follow the martial arts/ancient legend/mystical powers/assassin cliches. Wouldn't it be weird if every black hero was a different version of Black Panther?

  14. #214
    I liked Shang Chi. I expected it to be worse. After all, the no-name is an actor and a character. But it turned out very cool. Marvel movies are finally starting to be released - it's like a breath of fresh air

  15. #215
    Have not, probably won't see, but did they address why they have such powerful artifacts and did not try to help stop thanos? Or did they pull an eternals"not supposed to intervene" shit?

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Have not, probably won't see, but did they address why they have such powerful artifacts and did not try to help stop thanos? Or did they pull an eternals"not supposed to intervene" shit?
    It's completely sidestepped and not addressed in the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Have not, probably won't see, but did they address why they have such powerful artifacts and did not try to help stop thanos? Or did they pull an eternals"not supposed to intervene" shit?
    That's was/is/is going to be a repeat problem I'm sure - just how in all the solo movies apparently the Avengers were too busy to worry about a Dark Elf invasion in London etc. etc. Just a case of suspension of disbelief, I guess.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Have not, probably won't see, but did they address why they have such powerful artifacts and did not try to help stop thanos? Or did they pull an eternals"not supposed to intervene" shit?
    Why do you care? The simplest explanation is they weren’t aware of the threat. They were also too far away to jump in. Both times.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Have not, probably won't see, but did they address why they have such powerful artifacts and did not try to help stop thanos? Or did they pull an eternals"not supposed to intervene" shit?
    Well, the guy with the powerful artifacts is a villain, it isn't widely known that he has the powerful artifacts, and probably knew nothing about Thanos until it was too late to do anything about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's was/is/is going to be a repeat problem I'm sure - just how in all the solo movies apparently the Avengers were too busy to worry about a Dark Elf invasion in London etc. etc. Just a case of suspension of disbelief, I guess.
    Well, it was in London after all... not a great many heroes stationed there in the MCU. And most of these events happen in such a tight timetable that by the time other heroes could get there...it's already over.

    It's not nearly the problem it is in the comics...where there's like 200 superheroes in the Greater New York Area and Spider-Man is completely alone fighting the Sinister Six or something.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Well, it was in London after all... not a great many heroes stationed there in the MCU. And most of these events happen in such a tight timetable that by the time other heroes could get there...it's already over.
    That was just one random example, a lot of the solo movies are like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •