Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Starting by the first guy that doesn't see through the bullshit. There's no such thing as 1700 rating players being stuck there for 1000 games if that's not their deserved rating. That's what people in denial tell themselves to feel better and by the looks of it there's a bunch of them right here
    I'm not in denial. I'm very much aware I may be at my skill limit.

What's also true, is I win many matches against double glad players, and occasionally r1 players.

The question is why am I facing these players, instead of players at my actual skill level / rating?

I know the answer, it's mostly boosting, but I wanted to launch a conversation on this topic and at the same time try to learn something.

One thing I am comfortable with, is my skill level. For the better or the worse.

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    glad is for 2.4 since bfa + its acc wide (sl) so u basically fight vs boosted glads/alts at 1700

i dont see any difference between 1.7 and 2k so i guess if u practice how to play ur setup and how to set up kills ull get some rating

maybe ur class/setup is not that great in 2s?
    In all honesty, I think you're right. We need to improve our communication. I play with an assassination rogue (the only friend I have that still plays) and we're still working on our rythm (not all my 1000+ matches were with this rogue, most were with a hunter and before that with randoms).

Still, we do communicate decently well and setup a lot of kills, but we face a lot of players that franchly speaking Ng are not booster, they play insanely better than I do and clearly not meant to be at the rating they are.

Folks I know what skill is. I know I must improve, but in my 16 years experience at the game, I know how to see a good player and an insane player

Thanks for the constructive feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, me the guy, stuck at 1700 rating, after 1000 games played blaming a few games against boosters on my inability. Me, the idiot.

Seriously.
    You don't need to insult me to try and prove a point. You think I am bad and that's the cause of my issues. Point taken dude, appreciate the feedback.

Regards

- - - Updated - - -

Is he though? I'm not apart from the very few exceptions where it's obviously some boosting going on and the MMR averages to my own but this has been a thing since ever, and I mean, ever.

Everyone is on the same playing field. You're not special. If you can't get past 1700 rating after 1000 games then that's nobody else's responsibility

Did you find this out today?
    I never said I'm special. I only came here to talk o.O

Allow me to clarify, the folks I face off against are at similar rating most of the time (except the odd 2k).

However, when you check their season rating, most show at above 2.4k. I am not exaggerating this. It's easily 50% + with a still large portion above 2k. Only a few matches against people of our actual rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    I played 1000+ matches in 2v2 in the last 3 months.

I won about 50%, and the majority of those had at least a gladiator player in the team. Sometimes 2 gladiators, and every so often we even played against rank 1 players.

So If my calculations are right, If I am playing against all these guys, I shopuld be at their rating, but turns out, I am at 1600-1700 rating, and even though I am slowly improving my game, I cannot climb out of this.

Yes, I have major improvements to do on my game, but I should be facing off against players of my rating, not boosts, and not teams with double glad/R1 at these ratings (why???).

So this is just a rant to share, maybe some of you out there are having the same problem. Blizz really needs to fix the current problem with boosting on 2v2 (and RBG's).
    Yeah sure. Only boosts or being a R1 skilled played gets you to 1.8k.
    Or could it be that you are worse than you think you are? That would be insanity, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The point of the thread is flying over your head.

So yes, you are the idiot for calling him out about being stuck at 1700, when hes clearly talking about the general matchmaking that is flawed and I agree to that, cus it is.
    He makes it sound like you need to either buy a boost, or be a R1 gladiator to reach 1.8k, which is just not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Think about it, you want to play and improve your game and you are constantly facing people who are way above ya, there is no middle ground. Its either beat the best or dont play arena. Does it sound fun or engaging to you?

Honest question here.
    What is with the countless people that have reached 1.8k without being R1 players, within 300 games? There are like 10 in my guild alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Doesn't matter. Alot of them suck and are boosted or old titles. Specially arena master.

If your stuck at 1700 it's your skill. If your playing with a healer it's a cake walk until 2100.

Yes Tikcol, I know I should be better and If I am not, it's because I'm not good enough, I get it I get it.

Double dps doesn't get more skilled until like 1900.

And this was a bit before the inflation. So you can make those even higher.
    I am the healer, I play resto druid. I was under the impression resto became viable after 9.0.5, but I'm not hiding behind the fact my class is Op or not. I have a lot to improve, but I expected to be at higher rating at this point

Also, the fact everyone I play against having Ilvl 220 or higher. Literally. I have 215.

Yes

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    alone.
    I mean.. hes pretty open and wants to talk about it and isnt angry or something.
    So no I dont see how it seems like you need to buy a boost or what ever lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Yeah sure. Only boosts or being a R1 skilled played gets you to 1.8k.
    Or could it be that you are worse than you think you are? That would be insanity, right?

- - - Updated - - -

He makes it sound like you need to either buy a boost, or be a R1 gladiator to reach 1.8k, which is just not true.

- - - Updated - - -

What is with the countless people that have reached 1.8k without being R1 players, within 300 games? There are like 10 in my guild alone.
    Maybe you are right. No need to be dramatic about it. I was wondering If I was the only in this situation.

Cheers

To answer your question: It is a combination of boosting and people playing alts. In addition to leveling a new class, some pvpers make 2-3 versions of their main class. It's always been the case that high-end pvpers have multiple toons available to them. The addition of the covenant system has driven some pvpers to have the same class with two different covenants.

There is a larger thing going on that seems to have taken over this thread, though. If you are indeed winning more than 50% games, and you are persistently playing against people who *match* your rating, you should still climb.

The majority of people playing arena are not gladiators. You are claiming not only are there glads in the majority of your games, but that you are beating them. The nature of MMR and CR is such that what you're describing is impossible. If you are winning more than half your games against people at your rating (even if they are not at your skill level), you will climb.

Either you are not facing as many glads as you think you are - to which I'd ask how are you confirming that they are recent glads

Or you are not winning as much as you think you are against teams that are of equivalent rating

If you are losing games to boost teams that average out to have a lower rating than you, but one of the players is high skill... well that does happen. But as someone who has also played a lot of arena this season, those teams are beatable, even though it's annoying. More importantly, that's the minority of teams, not the majority.

This season is weird. 1700 is harder than it used to be, in my opinion, but I don't think that's because of what has been discussed above. I'm a 2.1 player, and when I'm on alts or when I'm trying to boost friends, the games can be much more difficult than I would've expected them to be. The gear gap is a contributing factor, but too many classes have one-shot potential without much set-up.
    Last edited by Fendrith; 2021-04-19 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post
    This season is FUBAR'd and given how tone deaf Blizzard has been, next season looks to be the same.
    They're changing the way PvP gear works in PvP next tier almost specifically to counteract the problem the OP is experiencing. Right now a bunch of PvE tryhards are either getting boosted or actively participating in PvP whereas in previous seasons they'd have fucked right off (because PvP in this game is dogshit and without rewards nobody sane should bother with it).

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrith View Post
    To answer your question: It is a combination of boosting and people playing alts. In addition to leveling a new class, some pvpers make 2-3 versions of their main class. It's always been the case that high-end pvpers have multiple toons available to them. The addition of the covenant system has driven some pvpers to have the same class with two different covenants.

There is a larger thing going on that seems to have taken over this thread, though. If you are indeed winning more than 50% games, and you are persistently playing against people who *match* your rating, you should still climb.

The majority of people playing arena are not gladiators. You are claiming not only are there glads in the majority of your games, but that you are beating them. The nature of MMR and CR is such that what you're describing is impossible. If you are winning more than half your games against people at your rating (even if they are not at your skill level), you will climb.

Either you are not facing as many glads as you think you are - to which I'd ask how are you confirming that they are recent glads

Or you are not winning as much as you think you are against teams that are of equivalent rating

If you are losing games to boost teams that average out to have a lower rating than you, but one of the players is high skill... well that does happen. But as someone who has also played a lot of arena this season, those teams are beatable, even though it's annoying. More importantly, that's the minority of teams, not the majority.

This season is weird. 1700 is harder than it used to be, in my opinion, but I don't think that's because of what has been discussed above. I'm a 2.1 player, and when I'm on alts or when I'm trying to boost friends, the games can be much more difficult than I would've expected them to be. The gear gap is a contributing factor, but too many classes have one-shot potential without much set-up.
    I win about 51%. I have climbed, but very slowly.

I check people's rating using arenamaster.io.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    I think what he's saying is that if he's playing 50/50 against gladiators, why is he 1700 and not 2400? At this level, he should be fight people with about 213-215 gear, but he's playing 227 players, so why is he bottlenecked here and not 2100+? It's a real problem this late in the season.
    Because gear is easy to get and he's playing against people who are also in the same area. He shouldn't be playing against 213ish. This is his limit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    this here, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of a moron.

try to understand what he is saying here you oaf. he is asking why he is not facing people at his rating.

there is always a fuckin brain dead in every fuckin thread.
    If it wasn't his limit then he would have a higher score. It's pretty simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

"Majority vs glads" is the most used bullshit excuse for not being able to climb this season.

"BAHA I CANT GET OVER 1200 RATING BECAUSE I ONLY FACE GLADIATORS AND EVERYONE GOT 250ILVL!"

Record your games, and cry when you watch how horrible you play. Take notes, and improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    how should i know if they are constantly facing r1 players ?

i am only replying to what they wrote, not putting words in their mouth or coming to assumptions based on my subjective experience.

as in the famous saying, common sense is not that common eh ?
    And common sense says after 1000 games OP is probably at the limit of their rating this season.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    "Majority vs glads" is the most used bullshit excuse for not being able to climb this season.

"BAHA I CANT GET OVER 1200 RATING BECAUSE I ONLY FACE GLADIATORS AND EVERYONE GOT 250ILVL!"

Record your games, and cry when you watch how horrible you play. Take notes, and improve.
    Why the caps? And yeah I have been doing that, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    And common sense says after 1000 games OP is probably at the limit of their rating this season.
    Probably... I hope not, I'd love to get 2.4k this season, it's hard right now though

The point of the thread is flying over your head.

So yes, you are the idiot for calling him out about being stuck at 1700, when hes clearly talking about the general matchmaking that is flawed and I agree to that, cus it is.
    So one guy in this thread sees problems with matchmaking and is stuck. Another guy says there isn't and can get past. Both have given you the same evidence. The evidence actually says the first guys limit is 1700.
    why so mad bro

People have said this before but Gladiator doesn't mean the same thing as it used to

I got Glad on my Paladin, I suck on my DH. My DH wears the Gladiator title. My 168 alt Paladin wears the gladiator title.

Boosting maybe the issue here but in my experience with actually conducting boosts is that unless the person is already decent it is impossible to break 1800 with a sack of potatoes, find the weakest link and exploit it.

Is a ret paladin carrying a braindead person? CC the ret and kill his partner.
    Is a healer carrying a braindead person? Keep the healer in combat and win on mana because that guy can't kill anything.

It's annoying but boosts aren't the end all, be all of this game, if you can get high rating you could always get high rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post

Suuuuure, its the fault of the feral with 35k hp that they lose against a ret and arms with over 40k

totally a fair match up to have meta classes out gear non meta classes in a burst heavy meta. Havign gear that isnt obtainable on the rating they are playing at

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Suuuuure, its the fault of the feral with 35k hp that they lose against a ret and arms with over 40k

totally a fair match up to have meta classes out gear non meta classes in a burst heavy meta. Havign gear that isnt obtainable on the rating they are playing at
    Wtf. You want "non meta" classes to have more hp then?

Just gear up, go do RBG if you're stuck in low arena rating. Get 1.8k in RBG, it's pretty much free if you just put in time for it.

----

Either way, blame being stuck on anything you guys want. The truth is that if you're good, you will climb.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2021-04-19 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They're changing the way PvP gear works in PvP next tier almost specifically to counteract the problem the OP is experiencing. Right now a bunch of PvE tryhards are either getting boosted or actively participating in PvP whereas in previous seasons they'd have fucked right off (because PvP in this game is dogshit and without rewards nobody sane should bother with it).
    That's not why they're changing pvp gear next tier. The change to pvp gear is to stop pve players feeling forced to do rated pvp gear to get higher ilvl pieces, faster than they can get them in pve content. The fact that pvp gear is still gated by rating keeps the power gaps present and continues to incentivize boosting, specially later on in the season and with alts. pve gear was only good in the beginning of the season while no one had versatility on every piece.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post
    That's not why they're changing pvp gear next tier. The change to pvp gear is to stop pve players feeling forced to do rated pvp gear to get higher ilvl pieces, faster than they can get them in pve content. The fact that pvp gear is still gated by rating keeps the power gaps present and continues to incentivize boosting, specially later on in the season and with alts. pve gear was only good in the beginning of the season while no one had versatility on every piece.
    If you don't think the existence of trinkets that are better than anything you can get from PvE aren't at least somewhat indirectly impacting the number of people queueing at higher MMR then I don't know what to tell you. It's obvious that the surface level reason Blizzard made the change was for the reason you describe here but I can't help but think that it indirectly fixing the problem the OP mentioned isn't a bad thing either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Blizzard is using a system that's over 10 years old for their MMR, it's high time for a change to MMR, for it to reward winning, rather then punishing losses like we have right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Am I reading this right; you're 1700 rating playing with 2 gladiators wondering why you are facing gladiators that are also boosting someone?