Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    What the fuck are you on about antisemitism?
    I'll point to Fluttershy as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I'll point to Fluttershy as an example.
    I genuinely have no idea what is going on.

I genuinely have no idea what is going on.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53155660

That time he complained about big-nosed bankers in an extremely not-subtle dog whistle. Followed by complaining about the Illuminati.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Are you mental? How in the world are you going there? Please read the definition of shadowy:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shadowy

Definition of shadowy
    1a: of the nature of or resembling a shadow
    b: faintly perceptible : INDISTINCT
    2: being in or obscured by shadow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53155660

That time he complained about big-nosed bankers in an extremely not-subtle dog whistle. Followed by complaining about the Illuminati.
    Sometimes I come here and notice how fargone people really have become.

People, please go out more.

Sometimes I come here and notice how fargone people really have become.

People, please go out more.
    I go outside plenty, thanks. Why am I "fargone" for pointing out a literal crypto dude in this thread being an example of some of the antisemetism that's behind this push for crypto? I'm not connecting the dots here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go outside plenty, thanks. Why am I "fargone" for pointing out a literal crypto dude in this thread being an example of some of the antisemetism that's behind this push for crypto? I'm not connecting the dots here.
    Please understand I'm not affiliated in any way shape or form to him, nor any other mmo-champion user on this site. Thus, I ask again in simpler terms, what in the world?

I guess it's my fault for using the word shadowy. I'm petitioning to have it banned.

Please understand I'm not affiliated in any way shape or form to him, nor any other mmo-champion user on this site. Thus, I ask again in simpler terms, what in the world?

I guess it's my fault for using the word shadowy. I'm petitioning to have it banned.
    It's pointing out that antisemetism is a factor in all of this, even if it doesn't apply to you.

The commodity and store of value of cryptocurrencies depend on the very important idea of decentralisation, cryptography and open data, ie on the ideal of having a global currency that isn't controlled by a central authority that works from the shadows, creates a sea of problems, then tries to solve those problems by putting band aids everywhere, ie infinite money printing.

Decentralised currency stomps every single notion of inequality because it completely foregoes national currencies and exchange rates, essentially distributing and creating wealth fairly across the globe regardless of nationality.

Blockchain is THE most important technological discovery in the last couple decades, cryptocurrencies are just an important, albeit still new and underdeveloped, implementation of that technology.
    Sorry but how does the hundreds of millions of people who do not have access to current day technology get the inequality they suffer "stomped"?
    They have no internet, they have no computers, they have no electronic devices, they don't have the education to learn about crypto, etc etc

Maybe you mean in general decentralized currency, but defiantly not something that requires tools that these people do not have access too?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pointing out that antisemetism is a factor in all of this, even if it doesn't apply to you.
    No, don't generalise, it's a factor for that one dude, not all of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Sorry but how does the hundreds of millions of people who do not have access to current day technology get the inequality they suffer "stomped"?
    They have no internet, they have no computers, they have no electronic devices, they don't have the education to learn about crypto, etc etc

Maybe you mean in general decentralized currency, but defiantly not something that requires tools that these people do not have access too?
    If they have no internet, then they don't even have banking for the most part. So it's a moot point what you're making.

Then you didn't bother reading the Forbes piece, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you didn't bother reading the Forbes piece, obviously.
    People are attributing antisemetism to bad weather, I don't care what lunatics think frankly.

People are attributing antisemetism to the goddamn weather, I don't care what lunatics think frankly.
    "Reality is inconvenient to me so I shall deny its very existence!" isn't a terribly compelling argument. Nobody here is talking about the weather.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Reality is inconvenient to me so I shall deny its very existence!" isn't a terribly compelling argument. Nobody here is talking about the weather.
    I don't know man, you think what you think, I'm not gonna stoop to that level and answer that.

People are attributing antisemetism to bad weather, I don't care what lunatics think frankly.
    Someone said there's an antisemitic push behind crypto, you asked "what antisemitism?" They linked a Forbes article and I told you about Fluttershy from this very thread. Where's your confusion coming from?

If they have no internet, then they don't even have banking for the most part. So it's a moot point what you're making.
    So then how does it stomp out every single notion of inequality if the vast majority of the inequality is in poor nations where the vast majority of people don't even have banking, electronics or have anyway of participating in such technology?

That is where the majority of inequality exist even in this country.

They might not have banking but they have access to currency. Crypto would lock them out from even having access to "currency". Sure sounds like its making the gap between 1st/2nd world countries and 3rd world countries even bigger.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    "I swear it's a serious thing! Not just a bunch of shitposting where a memetastic billionaire uses his influence to pump garbage crypto and then kill it because nothing matters to him when he's got billions."

I've seen this crypto before, I'm not remotely surprised to see Musk shitposting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    come on how can this not be good news for our soon to be standard currency!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not. It's a dishonest and childish article. It employs the juvenile logic of "extremists are making use of X, so we must condemn its use. Ergo, if you use it, you're an extremist too".

It's not an article about crypto being anti-Semitic. It's article about an author who wrote a piece and received some replies to it that can qualify as hateful. And it's awfully transparent in its dishonesty in framing the whole according to that very few.

"I received hundreds of replies, the majority of them hateful". Proceeds to quote less than 10 replies. Critical discourse analysis 101 will inform you that people employing terms like "many" or "hundreds" do so intentionally since it can exempt them from providing actual data. And hell, even if he, in 500 replies, got 350 hateful trolls, how does that allow him to qualify crypto as anti Semitic

Actually, you know what? I retract that, I was wrong. This is an article about crypto being a hateful instrument, I mean:

While I’m addressing the arguments of the radical core of the crypto movement, I didn’t write this article for them. After all, there are clearly people involved in crypto who aren’t rabidly anti-Semitic, alt-right, misogynist, extreme libertarian crypto-anarchists – and let’s hope that such cooler heads are in the majority.

Fascinating how he made the jump to extremists/trolls defining the "core" of the crypto users.

The question for you is whether we let the rotten core of hatred set the direction for the movement – especially as they either condone criminal activity or are criminals themselves.

Again, reiterating the idea of "People were mean to me, ergo they're representative of this movement's ideals". What....?

Given the fact that a growing percentage of cryptocurrency miners are criminals, do you want to support such criminals by executing cryptocurrency transactions? Or does that make you as evil as the criminals themselves?

Ask yourself: is there a moral difference between donating to the Nazi party and being a Nazi yourself?

Says critics make a false equivalence because, despite criminal use of fiat currency, it's still regulated. Proceeds to actually write..... this. Is this the whole "Hitler loved art. You love art. You're hitler" nonsense again?

This isn’t a battle between ‘the establishment’ and ‘the people.’ That’s what the alt-right crypto-anarchists want you to believe. This is a battle between people who believe in the rule of law vs. organized crime, pure and simple.

Holy hell, c'mon dude, put some more labels in there. Also, denounces a minority of crypto fans as anti-jew, proceeds to make a sweeping, conspiratorial generalization.

On the other hand, i'm not surprised this article resonates with some people in this forum. After all, gen OT is riddled with as many far right loons as it is with those that fume "racist!!" at the slightest thing.... you know, like this author does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    No, it's not. It's a dishonest and childish article. It employs the juvenile logic of "extremists are making use of X, so we must condemn its use. Ergo, if you use it, you're an extremist too".

It's not an article about crypto being anti-Semitic. It's article about an author who wrote a piece and received some replies to it that can qualify as hateful. And it's awfully transparent in its dishonesty in framing the whole according to that very few.

"I received hundreds of replies, the majority of them hateful". Proceeds to quote less than 10 replies. Critical discourse analysis 101 will inform you that people employing terms like "many" or "hundreds" do so intentionally since it can exempt them from providing actual data. And hell, even if he, in 500 replies, got 350 hateful trolls, how does that allow him to qualify crypto as anti Semitic

Actually, you know what? I retract that, I was wrong. This is an article about crypto being a hateful instrument, I mean:

While I’m addressing the arguments of the radical core of the crypto movement, I didn’t write this article for them. After all, there are clearly people involved in crypto who aren’t rabidly anti-Semitic, alt-right, misogynist, extreme libertarian crypto-anarchists – and let’s hope that such cooler heads are in the majority.

Fascinating how he made the jump to extremists/trolls defining the "core" of the crypto users.

The question for you is whether we let the rotten core of hatred set the direction for the movement – especially as they either condone criminal activity or are criminals themselves.

Again, reiterating the idea of "People were mean to me, ergo they're representative of this movement's ideals". What....?

Given the fact that a growing percentage of cryptocurrency miners are criminals, do you want to support such criminals by executing cryptocurrency transactions? Or does that make you as evil as the criminals themselves?

Ask yourself: is there a moral difference between donating to the Nazi party and being a Nazi yourself?

Says critics make a false equivalence because, despite criminal use of fiat currency, it's still regulated. Proceeds to actually write..... this. Is this the whole "Hitler loved art. You love art. You're hitler" nonsense again?

This isn’t a battle between ‘the establishment’ and ‘the people.’ That’s what the alt-right crypto-anarchists want you to believe. This is a battle between people who believe in the rule of law vs. organized crime, pure and simple.

Holy hell, c'mon dude, put some more labels in there. Also, denounces a minority of crypto fans as anti-jew, proceeds to make a sweeping, conspiratorial generalization.

On the other hand, i'm not surprised this article resonates with some people in this forum. After all, gen OT is riddled with as many far right loons as it is with those that fume "racist!!" at the slightest thing.... you know, like this author does.
    Do you have a counterargument that isn’t basically just you declaring that it can’t possibly be antisemitic because reasons?

Seeing a lot of you being indignant at the suggestion that people be bigots rather than indignation at the actual bigotry. But what else is new, lol.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-06-05 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.