Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ...
29
37
38
39
40
41
... LastLast
  1. #761
    Legendary! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    6,016
    That was a great monthly close, technically discontinuing the downtrend that has been happening since May. I am still expecting a pullback to the mid 30k range, but the overall momentum shift upwards has been confirmed.

    For all intents and purposes, the accumulation is over and the bull run is almost back on track, barring any exceptionally bad news. Technically, it can still be a dead cat bounce, but a bunch of indicators are flashing green after months of being red. Next target within the next few weeks is crossing the 45-48k resistance.

  2. #762
    Titan Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    11,137
    I need to figure out what whales moving considerable amounts of assets means...

    https://dailyhodl.com/2021/08/01/cry...th-is-heading/

  3. #763
    Legendary! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    6,016
    My calls have been correct so far, but I'm now smelling a bull trap if bitcoin fails to break through 45k-48k like I mentioned in my previous post. One pullback has already happened, but I'm now expecting another. The 45k resistance is pretty huge, as it hits the 200 day moving average, which is traditionally the line between a bull and a bear run. Failure to close above it will put seller pressure on.

    The last 2 weeks have been insane, bitcoin has been on a goddamn run, therefore it is due a very big retracement. I won't be surprised if it hits the spring low in the coming weeks one more time before blasting high. The lower it hits, the higher it will swing. I don't think it will hit the 32k region, but a mid to high 30k swing is very probable.

    The most important bitcoin bottom indicator, the hash ribbon, will be flashing blue later today. It signifies miner capitulation, which means that the cost of mining is higher than the rewards. This essentially means that the macro low has already been established very recently. Bear in mind that this indicator has been correct 11 times out of 12 in the last decade and is the strongest buy signal that bitcoin has.

    We have broken above the accumulation range, every long term indicator is flashing green, but that is all technical munbo jumbo. The real reason that I think that the bull run has been resumed is macroeconomical, and that is the saturation of the rest of the markets. Cryptocurrency is the only market right now sitting at historical value price, everything else is at all time highs.

  4. #764
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    My calls have been correct so far, but I'm now smelling a bull trap if bitcoin fails to break through 45k-48k like I mentioned in my previous post. One pullback has already happened, but I'm now expecting another. The 45k resistance is pretty huge, as it hits the 200 day moving average, which is traditionally the line between a bull and a bear run. Failure to close above it will put seller pressure on.

    The last 2 weeks have been insane, bitcoin has been on a goddamn run, therefore it is due a very big retracement. I won't be surprised if it hits the spring low in the coming weeks one more time before blasting high. The lower it hits, the higher it will swing. I don't think it will hit the 32k region, but a mid to high 30k swing is very probable.

    The most important bitcoin bottom indicator, the hash ribbon, will be flashing blue later today. It signifies miner capitulation, which means that the cost of mining is higher than the rewards. This essentially means that the macro low has already been established very recently. Bear in mind that this indicator has been correct 11 times out of 12 in the last decade and is the strongest buy signal that bitcoin has.

    We have broken above the accumulation range, every long term indicator is flashing green, but that is all technical munbo jumbo. The real reason that I think that the bull run has been resumed is macroeconomical, and that is the saturation of the rest of the markets. Cryptocurrency is the only market right now sitting at historical value price, everything else is at all time highs.
    isnt it as simple as tether printer goes brrrrrrrrrrrr

  5. #765
    Titan Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    11,137
    Wanted to get some more Solana and Polygon, but the market is swinging up...

  6. #766
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    My calls have been correct so far, SNIP.
    ummm...oh never mind not worth the trouble. Yuck
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  7. #767
    Legendary! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    6,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    ummm...oh never mind not worth the trouble. Yuck
    Show me an instance I wasn't correct lol.

  8. #768
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Show me an instance I wasn't correct lol.
    if you say market might go up, market might go down and market might stay the same you arent predicting anything you are listing all possibilities.

    hopefully this us legislation goes through soon.

  9. #769
    Hackers stole $600 million worth of cryptocurrency:

    https://twitter.com/PolyNetwork2/sta...23153009803267

    Dear Hacker,

    We are the Poly Network team.

    We want to establish communication with you and urge you to return the hacked assets.

    The amount of money you hacked is the biggest one in the defi history. Law enforcement in any country will regard this as a major economic crime and you will be pursued. It is very unwise for you to do any further transactions. The money you stole are from tens of thousands of crypto community members, hence the people.

    You should talk to us to work out a solution.


    Poly Network Team

    LOL
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

    "I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

  10. #770
    Legendary! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    6,016
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    if you say market might go up, market might go down and market might stay the same you arent predicting anything you are listing all possibilities.

    hopefully this us legislation goes through soon.
    That's how it works, you make predictions based on data. It can always go in any direction, the only thing that changes is probability.

    Price do go up though for now (short-mid term target is 48.5k). It might do go down, but it's 80% certain it do go up. Of course, some whale or a group of whales might know this and short the ever living shit out of it, so a long liquiditation is still technically in play. In that case, it do go down. Obviously these whales might get liquidated doing so by other, more mega whales who are long.



    Yes the legislation must happen as the first step of legitimization, finally.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-08-11 at 03:32 PM.

  11. #771
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ion-on-bitcoin

    Welp, it's proving not to be a great investment for "long-term stability" for Nexon, who just chalked up their latest quarterly losses to the $100M in BTC they purchased a while back losing $40M in value.

    I'm not sure why they'd ever think it was a great investment for "long-term stability", that's what fuckin low-yield bonds are for if that's what you care about. I don't get what companies think they're actually getting out of these kinds of moves. Sure it generates some headlines and the crypto community goes nuts for a bit, but afterwards there seems to be no real payoff for them unless the price goes up and they want to dump it. Sitting on it as an asset is a losing proposition unless they're willing to sit on it for 5-10 years and deal with the volatility in the hopes that the value keeps going up.

  12. #772
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Show me an instance I wasn't correct lol.
    7/27 - However, yesterday's stop loss hunt was that insane that the risk-reward for sellers and shorters multiplied. The increase in price was that big that multiple resistance levels were breached and became support, hence my correct call that the new range would start at 36.5kish and end at 40k. The most logical trade would be a short at 40k and a long at 36.5k. The short liquidation that destroyed tens of thousands of bears yesterday stopped new shorts and provided liquidity for the next leg up, which is bad news for bears who would need to risk a lot to break down the low of the range. Don't get me wrong, nothing is certain and we can still break down to like 33.5, but the risk is higher.

    8/1- That was a great monthly close, technically discontinuing the downtrend that has been happening since May. I am still expecting a pullback to the mid 30k range, but the overall momentum shift upwards has been confirmed.


    Based on your call to short at 40k people would have got crushed.

    Then you called for a pull back on 8/1, which it was 40-42k. It rushed forward to 46k.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    if you say market might go up, market might go down and market might stay the same you arent predicting anything you are listing all possibilities.

    hopefully this us legislation goes through soon.
    He is kind of covering all bases on a lot of his "calls" that is true.

    If maybe then possible....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  13. #773
    Legendary! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    6,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    7/27 - However, yesterday's stop loss hunt was that insane that the risk-reward for sellers and shorters multiplied. The increase in price was that big that multiple resistance levels were breached and became support, hence my correct call that the new range would start at 36.5kish and end at 40k. The most logical trade would be a short at 40k and a long at 36.5k. The short liquidation that destroyed tens of thousands of bears yesterday stopped new shorts and provided liquidity for the next leg up, which is bad news for bears who would need to risk a lot to break down the low of the range. Don't get me wrong, nothing is certain and we can still break down to like 33.5, but the risk is higher.

    8/1- That was a great monthly close, technically discontinuing the downtrend that has been happening since May. I am still expecting a pullback to the mid 30k range, but the overall momentum shift upwards has been confirmed.


    Based on your call to short at 40k people would have got crushed.

    Then you called for a pull back on 8/1, which it was 40-42k. It rushed forward to 46k.

    - - - Updated - - -



    He is kind of covering all bases on a lot of his "calls" that is true.

    If maybe then possible....
    "Based on your call to short at 40k people would have got crushed."

    Are you trolling me? I called the short at 40K exactly, I even called the target to the fucking dollar cent. Are you looking at daily candles? Because range trading is never done on daily candles. If you do that, well...



    Range trading between the 2 extremes, finally dropping down again before swinging up.



    "Then you called for a pull back on 8/1, which it was 40-42k. It rushed forward to 46k."

    edit: I actually did call it lol, this guy was either lying or has no clue how to read a chart. See post below.

    "He is kind of covering all bases on a lot of his "calls" that is true."

    Everything is based on probabilities, if you don't understand that, you shouldn't try to belittle other people on things you know nothing about.

    The most successful traders in the world are wrong more than 20% of the time, the only thing I was truly wrong about was the May crash.

    The Wyckoff accumulation pattern, the time frame of the accumulation, the exact ranges and targets were all hit perfectly. I also predicted we would see a Three Peaks and a Domed House pattern on bitcoin months in advance. Well, it's currently unfolding. If you misunderstand what I'm saying, you can always ask for a clarification. Don't try to belittle me, don't be that insecure guy who always finds things to complain about others.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-08-11 at 09:59 PM.

  14. #774
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    "Based on your call to short at 40k people would have got crushed."

    Are you trolling me? I called the short at 40K exactly, I even called the target to the fucking dollar cent. Are you looking at daily candles? Because range trading is never done on daily candles. If you do that, well...



    Range trading between the 2 extremes, finally dropping down again before swinging up.



    "Then you called for a pull back on 8/1, which it was 40-42k. It rushed forward to 46k."

    The 70% probability trade would be to expect a pullback, however I also called the momentum shift changing that could delay the pullback or prevent it altogether. That would mean that shorting would be a risky trade, translated specially for you.

    "He is kind of covering all bases on a lot of his "calls" that is true."

    Everything is based on probabilities, if you don't understand that, you shouldn't try to belittle other people on things you know nothing about.

    The most successful traders in the world are wrong more than 20% of the time, the only thing I was truly wrong was the May crash.

    The Wyckoff accumulation pattern, the time frame of the accumulation, the exact ranges and targets were all hit perfectly. I also predicted we would see a Three Peaks and a Domed House pattern on bitcoin months in advance. Well, it's currently unfolding. If you misunderstand what I'm saying, you can always ask for a clarification. Don't try to belittle me, don't be that insecure guy who always finds things to complain about others.
    it hit 40k on 7/28 so based on your call it would have been to short it, right?

    Your target was 36.5k for long so i am assuming you expected to short it to at least 36.5k which it never hit. Looks to have hit 38 ish a few days after that then its spiked up destroying that short position quite quickly.


    Also your call on long position would have never hit, thus missing the run up since you were looking for 36.5k as an entry point.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  15. #775
    Legendary! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    6,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    it hit 40k on 7/28 so based on your call it would have been to short it, right?

    Your target was 36.5k for long so i am assuming you expected to short it to at least 36.5k which it never hit. Looks to have hit 38 ish a few days after that then its spiked up destroying that short position quite quickly.


    Also your call on long position would have never hit, thus missing the run up since you were looking for 36.5k as an entry point.
    I'll try to explain how it works, this is a nice learning moment.

    What you're saying happened a few days later on the 30th. The 40k short and 36.5k long were based on support and resistance levels. What happened on the 30th was a bounce on the 38k level. At the moment a trader sees the bounce, he would have closed the short instead of hoping it would ride all the way to 36.5k, still in good profits. The 38k level was a much smaller support level based on buying pressure from a few days ago, as well as resistance flipping into support. A range trader, once seeing the bounce at that level, would have closed the short and immediately gone into a long, that was insanely profitable made possible by extreme buying volume. Once he sees that buying volume, he just lets it ride for extra profit.



  16. #776
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I'll try to explain how it works, this is a nice learning moment.

    What you're saying happened a few days later on the 30th. The 40k short and 36.5k long were based on support and resistance levels. What happened on the 30th was a bounce on the 38k level. At the moment a trader sees the bounce, he would have closed the short instead of hoping it would ride all the way to 36.5k, still in good profits. The 38k level was a much smaller support level based on buying pressure from a few days ago, as well as resistance flipping into support. A range trader, once seeing the bounce at that level, would have closed the short and immediately gone into a long, that was insanely profitable made possible by extreme buying volume. Once he sees that buying volume, he just lets it ride for extra profit.

    So the learning moment is hindsight now that you see it never hit 36.5? why would anyone close the short after you said the target was 36.5 and claimed to be spot on.


    "well spot if....if....."


    So your prediction would have been right if it had that "disclaimer" in it. Instead it wasn't.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  17. #777
    Legendary! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    6,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    So the learning moment is hindsight now that you see it never hit 36.5? why would anyone close the short after you said the target was 36.5 and claimed to be spot on.


    "well spot if....if....."


    So your prediction would have been right if it had that "disclaimer" in it. Instead it wasn't.
    Sigh, it seems you are not understanding anything. I'll try to explain, AGAIN:

    You open a short when you hit a certain high point, ie resistance, for the highest possible probability trade. You open a long when you hit a certain low point, ie support, for the highest possible probability trade. Those positions were on 27/8, at 40k and 36.5 respectively. You can open positions at other price points, but those were the highest profitability, as well as safest trades. If these prices are hit, perfect, that is an easy, and very profitable trade, probability wise. If it doesn't, you can either still trade higher risk price points, or just stay on the sidelines and do nothing and wait for a better trade. You eventually close your short or long, once either a specific target is met, or you close it prematurely and still be in profits.

    What you're saying happened several days later. If you decide to range trade based on information that is days old, maybe this hobby or profession isn't for you.

    Also, a trader knows how to close positions, which is what happens 99% of the time. If you seriously think every single price target is hit every time, then rinse and repeat 15 times per day instead of most of the time, then you really have no clue what you're doing.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-08-11 at 09:07 PM.

  18. #778
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Sigh, it seems you are not understanding anything. I'll try to explain, AGAIN:

    You open a short when you hit a certain high point, ie resistance, for the highest possible probability trade. You open a long when you hit a certain low point, ie support, for the highest possible probability trade. Those positions were on 27/8, at 40k and 36.5 respectively. You can open positions at other price points, but those were the highest profitability, as well as safest trades. If these prices are hit, perfect, that is an easy, and very profitable trade, probability wise. If it doesn't, you can either still trade higher risk price points, or just stay on the sidelines and do nothing and wait for a better trade. You eventually close your short or long, once either a specific target is met, or you close it prematurely and still be in profits.

    What you're saying happened several days later. If you decide to range trade based on information that is days old, maybe this hobby or profession isn't for you.

    Also, a trader knows how to close positions, which is what happens 99% of the time. If you seriously think every single price target is hit every time, then rinse and repeat 15 times per day instead of most of the time, then you really have no clue what you're doing.
    sigh told you it wasn't worth it.

    so saying X and claiming its "right" is "right" because you move the goalpost because you/other amazing traders knew better after your 36.5k call that it was wrong?

    i mean you are basically saying that your call was wrong but you adjusted because you and others are great traders....but then didn't bother to post that change for the rest of the world.

    If traders were so smart then why was their crushing losses on this run up? If they all knew.....hmmmm
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  19. #779
    Legendary! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    6,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Based on your call to short at 40k people would have got crushed.

    Then you called for a pull back on 8/1, which it was 40-42k. It rushed forward to 46k.
    Also I DID predict the pullback, which was such a boring prediction that I completely forgot about it and didn't even bother to check, assuming you weren't lying. I thought you meant the one after the latest pump which is still in play btw, assuming bitcoin loses momentum.

    Guess what, I checked and you were wrong again. Mid to high 30k was my prediction as I recall?



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    sigh told you it wasn't worth it.

    so saying X and claiming its "right" is "right" because you move the goalpost because you/other amazing traders knew better after your 36.5k call that it was wrong?

    i mean you are basically saying that your call was wrong but you adjusted because you and others are great traders....but then didn't bother to post that change for the rest of the world.

    If traders were so smart then why was their crushing losses on this run up? If they all knew.....hmmmm
    Dude, stop embarassing yourself. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-08-11 at 09:54 PM.

  20. #780
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Also I DID predict the pullback, which was such a boring prediction that I completely forgot about it and didn't even bother to check, assuming you weren't lying. I thought you meant the one after the latest pump.

    Guess what, I checked and you were wrong again.



    - - - Updated - - -



    Dude, stop embarassing yourself. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    So if i say you should short Citibank down to 40 then come back a week later when it hit 49 and claim i was right because any good trader would have noticed X and got out at 49 before it spiked back up to 80??!!!!


    You posted on 8/1 for a pullback and didn't post again till 8/8.
    Didn't know 37-37.5 was mid 30k range but i will give you the benefit of the doubt but no where for 8 days did you call for it to spike back up so your prediction was to ride it down but had no targeted buy recommendation at "mid 30k range"


    its funny how you said

    That was a great monthly close, technically discontinuing the downtrend that has been happening since May. I am still expecting a pullback to the mid 30k range, but the overall momentum shift upwards has been confirmed.

    For all intents and purposes, the accumulation is over and the bull run is almost back on track, barring any exceptionally bad news. Technically, it can still be a dead cat bounce, but a bunch of indicators are flashing green after months of being red. Next target within the next few weeks is crossing the 45-48k resistance.
    So you called for a pullback, but bull run is back on track, barring any bad news, can be a dead cat bounce and next target being 45-48.

    Calling all sides of the dice, maybe?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •