Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    How is this thread now not financial advice by absolutely anonymous posters with zero liability? How is MMO champ allowing this but closes medical advice?

You guys aren't discussing bitcoins or cryptocurrency in general, you're dick measuring and telling people how to lose their money the fastest.
    Man you must be fun at parties.

Medical advice can kill you.

buying bitcoin can, umm.....give you heartburn?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

How is this thread now not financial advice by absolutely anonymous posters with zero liability? How is MMO champ allowing this but closes medical advice?

You guys aren't discussing bitcoins or cryptocurrency in general, you're dick measuring and telling people how to lose their money the fastest.
    What exactly is the danger of non-financial advice?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Jesus, waking up to see Solana hitting a new ATH of 53€

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Jesus, waking up to see Solana hitting a new ATH of 53€
    Reaching the top 10, I'd have the sell button ready.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Reaching the top 10, I'd have the sell button ready.
    Long term strat

A few truths as I see them:

1) Block chain is neat and has definit potential.

2) Bitcoin is a cool demonstration of block chain potential.

3) Bitcoin is worth exactly as much as the craze dictates, no more, no less.

My speculation is that IF block chain gets used for official currency, it'll probably be a government run one. I think we'll see block chain in different applications before then though. Money seems like a fairly limited imagination thing.

Bitcoin could explode to be worth MILLIONS per bitcoin. It could just as easily fall back to 10 cents. As investments go, I trust a roulette wheel just as much, but good for anyone making a profit on them. Just saying, just because you made a profit, doesn't mean it was a wise decision.

There's a very fishy scenario at play here. Something I've noticed is the buying pattern changing since August. Perhaps it's the way the markets work, but I don't really buy it. My spider senses are a-tingling. I legit don't know anymore, maybe some other, more informed people can give me some pointers? This stuff is kinda out of my league, but hear me out:

I'm noticing much larger buy-ins at much higher prices happening compared to the last three months. In May-June-July, the only decently large buying volume happened at exactly the three lowest points, which indicates buying pressure from really knowledgable and extremely wealthy people or institutions or hedge funds buying the exact lowest point. Come August though, the same buying pattern should coincide, no? Wrong. The buying pattern has changed significantly. There are much larger buy-ins at extremely high prices, as well as alts exploding suddenly. This means only one thing: retail is involved. Market makers who bought the exactly lowest point might still be buying, but the volume is all wrong.

The real problem stems from the following fact: institutions dump and retail gets left with the bag. So when do they dump? At the point where retail reaches the euphoria phase, and I'm thinking, we are almost there. When bitcoin get into the news and people are yelling for new all time highs, that's the point to be very careful.

This can be read in three ways. Either the same market makers have changed their buying habits, which I doubt, or this is just how a price breakout works after months of Wyckoff-accumulating, OR, market makers are sitting on the sidelines waiting to dump on retail.

Which means the next step is for bitcoin to get into a small blow-off top below the previous all time high, let the volume subside, then market makers dump on retail and let it crash and head for a real bear market (won't be more than a year and a half if the logarithmic regression band is any indication, the price didn't really explode this bull run compared to the past). Then this whole 4 month long fiesta we're in would be nothing but a dead cat bounce and we're in for an ultrabart. This would also coincide with a bearish version of the three peaks and a domed house pattern, which is still technically in play since October of last year. Confirmation of either versions of this pattern should happen by the next couple months if not end of August, it would be too late then I think.

I really hope I'm wrong. Maybe this is how breakouts are supposed to work and buying volume just increases as price increases. In any case, a pullback to low 40k, even 39k, is imminent as volume on the lower timeframes is dying out, but that would be an extremely bullish pullback that would confirm a consequent short term slingshot.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-08-16 at 07:51 PM.

Today's rise has momentarily stopped and receded it seems.

Edit: yep, it's falling.
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2021-08-16 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post

My speculation is that IF block chain gets used for official currency, it'll probably be a government run one. I think we'll see block chain in different applications before then though. Money seems like a fairly limited imagination thing.
    No no, you don't understand. Governments will just adopt one of the coins, making it explode in value and anyone that invested in them will be gazillionaires overnight.

It's a foolproof plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Man you must be fun at parties.

Medical advice can kill you.

buying bitcoin can, umm.....give you heartburn?
    Yes what's the worst that can happen investing your money based on what people advice on MMO champ

Yes what's the worst that can happen investing your money based on what people advice on MMO champ
    Losing all of it or making a ton of money or making a little or making a lot or you can DIE...wait...no you can't die from that advice can you???

Also no one is telling anyone to invest in anything they are discussing. They are predicting what will happen but in no way pushing or advising people to invest in bitcoin or its alternatives.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Today's rise has momentarily stopped and receded it seems.

Edit: yep, it's falling.
    It's pretty much a textbook rising wedge pattern, a bit too textbook even. This means price can still shoot as high as 50-52k, but the drop to the lowest point of the wedge is extremely likely to follow at all times, which is roughly 40k. A rising wedge tells you that there is buying pressure spurting its way up until it becomes less and less to the point it dies down, then selling pressure takes over quite strongly and almost always breaks down violently to the downside.

It's pretty much a textbook rising wedge pattern, a bit too textbook even. This means price can still shoot as high as 50-52k, but the drop to the lowest point of the wedge is extremely likely to follow at all times, which is roughly 40k. A rising wedge tells you that there is buying pressure spurting its way up until it becomes less and less to the point it dies down, then selling pressure takes over quite strongly and almost always breaks down violently to the downside.
    Where would we be in this pattern?

Ending up homeless. Same would happen to those who practice advice from Reddit posts, speculative articles, Mad Money, or some random bloke on the street.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Ending up homeless. Same would happen to those who practice advice from Reddit posts, speculative articles, Mad Money, or some random bloke on the street.
    hell same can happen with professional brokers...wealth advisers and the other so called professionals.

my dart board seems to always beat me every time i pick an investment it does too....and it mostly wins
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

So, uh, even though over all gains were down, solana hit another ATH of 60 €...

Where would we be in this pattern?

I'll let you solve it and tell me by drawing 2 lines, with the help of:

https://www.investopedia.com/article...sing_wedge.asp

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Aah gee if that's all then I guess it's fine

I'll let you solve it and tell me by drawing 2 lines, with the help of:

https://www.investopedia.com/article...sing_wedge.asp
    Judging by how it is right now, looks like we're in the dip

probabyl doesnt matter till we're in the further future