Page 66 of 76 FirstFirst ...
16
56
64
65
66
67
68
... LastLast
  1. #1301
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    From what I've seen, if there were shares in Copium I'd be all-in on that shit.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurre...e_collapse_of/

    The few places I've bothered checking seems like they're all mainlining Copium while doing line after line of it.
    It always surprises the lenghts crypto ppl go just to make shittier banks. It would be funny if normal ppl werent falling for the marketing and hype of it all

  2. #1302
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    It always surprises the lenghts crypto ppl go just to make shittier banks. It would be funny if normal ppl werent falling for the marketing and hype of it all
    Honestly, I have no problems with this. There's more than an abundance of information about the risks, lies, and fraud within the crypto world, and the vast majority of the promises are firmly in the "Too good to be true/get rich quick" category that should instantly start triggering warning bells.

    This is just new-era pet-rock/snakeoil, just with a way more annoying marketing campaign that's much larger because the whole point of the grift is to fake it until they make it, knowing they'll never actually make it. So a handful of grifters get rich while the vast majority of folks involved are left holding the bill/with worthless crypto.

    Same shit, slightly different costume.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ades-its-debt/

    In other news, El Salvador continues to embrace Bitcoin, recently purchasing 500 more by buying "the dip".

    Problem is...their countries finances are a mess and Bitcoin has done nothing to help out, arguably making it worse. Their credit rating has been downgraded again.

    Apparently they were going to mine more using geothermal energy from volcano's. And now the president wants to build a "Bitcoin City" using money the country doesn't have. So what's his strategy? Selling "Bitcoin bonds"...which are like normal bonds, but for bitcoin, with half of the bond investment going toward BTC and other half going toward the "Bitcoin City"...which sounds like a bad deal given that you could just like...buy bitcoin and enjoy any potential gains in full rather than in half.

    Oh, and their "stablecoin" is no longer stable as NED pointed out -

    Conventional stablecoins like Tether or USD Coin are backed by companies that hold (or at least claim to hold) enough cash to defend the peg. By contrast, Terra is an "algorithmic stablecoin." Its value was supposed to be supported automatically by smart contracts.
    Damn, and I thought smart contracts were supposed to be revolutionary and save everything...

    I'm beginning to think all the crypto folks have been lying to the world about the potential benefits in their pursuit of growing their own wealth even if it means duping tons of others...just maybe...

  3. #1303
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, I have no problems with this. There's more than an abundance of information about the risks, lies, and fraud within the crypto world, and the vast majority of the promises are firmly in the "Too good to be true/get rich quick" category that should instantly start triggering warning bells.

    This is just new-era pet-rock/snakeoil, just with a way more annoying marketing campaign that's much larger because the whole point of the grift is to fake it until they make it, knowing they'll never actually make it. So a handful of grifters get rich while the vast majority of folks involved are left holding the bill/with worthless crypto.

    Same shit, slightly different costume.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ades-its-debt/

    In other news, El Salvador continues to embrace Bitcoin, recently purchasing 500 more by buying "the dip".

    Problem is...their countries finances are a mess and Bitcoin has done nothing to help out, arguably making it worse. Their credit rating has been downgraded again.

    Apparently they were going to mine more using geothermal energy from volcano's. And now the president wants to build a "Bitcoin City" using money the country doesn't have. So what's his strategy? Selling "Bitcoin bonds"...which are like normal bonds, but for bitcoin, with half of the bond investment going toward BTC and other half going toward the "Bitcoin City"...which sounds like a bad deal given that you could just like...buy bitcoin and enjoy any potential gains in full rather than in half.

    Oh, and their "stablecoin" is no longer stable as NED pointed out -



    Damn, and I thought smart contracts were supposed to be revolutionary and save everything...

    I'm beginning to think all the crypto folks have been lying to the world about the potential benefits in their pursuit of growing their own wealth even if it means duping tons of others...just maybe...

    El Salvador might be lucky soon to pick up some really cheap mining farms in bankruptcy sales.

    They are already starting with a very predictable uptick in questions like... "why isn't the feds investigating the failures at these companies" "why wasn't this regulated".

    Don't worry 6 figures any day now!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  4. #1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    El Salvador might be lucky soon to pick up some really cheap mining farms in bankruptcy sales.
    If they can find any more money, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    They are already starting with a very predictable uptick in questions like... "why isn't the feds investigating the failures at these companies" "why wasn't this regulated".
    Man, are you saying that decentralization comes with risks due to inabilities to properly regulate/oversee companies to protect consumers?

    Inconceivable.

  5. #1305
    Elemental Lord Milchshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Javelin of Shitposts, Post-and-Forget
    Posts
    8,875
    History favors nitwits that lost half their value since this commercial first aired.



    coulda got more value for $1.50 in late fees at the public library

  6. #1306
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    History favors nitwits that lost half their value since this commercial first aired.



    coulda got more value for $1.50 in late fees at the public library
    I think Matt Damon probably got the better deal in that commercial. In that he probably got paid a lot of fiat currency for a few hours of shooting before heading home.

  7. #1307
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, I have no problems with this. There's more than an abundance of information about the risks, lies, and fraud within the crypto world, and the vast majority of the promises are firmly in the "Too good to be true/get rich quick" category that should instantly start triggering warning bells.

    This is just new-era pet-rock/snakeoil, just with a way more annoying marketing campaign that's much larger because the whole point of the grift is to fake it until they make it, knowing they'll never actually make it. So a handful of grifters get rich while the vast majority of folks involved are left holding the bill/with worthless crypto.

    Same shit, slightly different costume.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ades-its-debt/

    In other news, El Salvador continues to embrace Bitcoin, recently purchasing 500 more by buying "the dip".

    Problem is...their countries finances are a mess and Bitcoin has done nothing to help out, arguably making it worse. Their credit rating has been downgraded again.

    Apparently they were going to mine more using geothermal energy from volcano's. And now the president wants to build a "Bitcoin City" using money the country doesn't have. So what's his strategy? Selling "Bitcoin bonds"...which are like normal bonds, but for bitcoin, with half of the bond investment going toward BTC and other half going toward the "Bitcoin City"...which sounds like a bad deal given that you could just like...buy bitcoin and enjoy any potential gains in full rather than in half.

    Oh, and their "stablecoin" is no longer stable as NED pointed out -



    Damn, and I thought smart contracts were supposed to be revolutionary and save everything...

    I'm beginning to think all the crypto folks have been lying to the world about the potential benefits in their pursuit of growing their own wealth even if it means duping tons of others...just maybe...
    Well, they better have not bought it through Coinbase.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...bbef28910e0672

    Coinbase warns users could lose their crypto holdings if the company goes bankrupt

  8. #1308
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, they better have not bought it through Coinbase.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...bbef28910e0672
    Apparently they've been trying to calm folks down because they're not imminently going bankrupt or something...but it sure tells a lot about the userbase when they are apparently just realizing that all their holdings stored there are not insured in any way and that if the company goes belly-up out of the blue that anything they have stored there is gone.

    Seems like the whole crypto grift has big Lando energy, "This deal keeps getting worse all the time!"

  9. #1309
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    As someone who has a masters in Computer Science and has worked in cyber security for over 5 years, everyone involved in cryptocurrency should be beaten to death with an oar.
    Pretty much.

  10. #1310
    As for Coinbase, I don't think crypto holders have any delusion that their assets are FDIC insured or anything like that. It's more just particularly bad timing to include that at a time when bitcoin (and all crypto) is in free-fall, scaring users that maybe the messaging means that a bankruptcy is near.

    After a person has bought crypto, there is no real need at all to keep it in a third-party wallet like Coinbase. For those that use crypto, it's probably better to view it and services like it more as a temporary place to transfer/convert crypto on it's way to a destination, but not a good long-term holding place to store it by using it like a bank.

    More importantly for PC gamers, the crypto crash is driving down gpu prices at an amazing rate. The long-inflated gpu prices are falling *daily* and inventory is not nearly as hard to come by anymore. Still high, but prices are definitely trending down.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2022-05-12 at 04:40 AM.

  11. #1311
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Apparently they've been trying to calm folks down because they're not imminently going bankrupt or something...but it sure tells a lot about the userbase when they are apparently just realizing that all their holdings stored there are not insured in any way and that if the company goes belly-up out of the blue that anything they have stored there is gone.

    Seems like the whole crypto grift has big Lando energy, "This deal keeps getting worse all the time!"
    Not transferring your coins to an offline wallet is a bad move on anyone's part. People's ignorance on the subject doesn't make it bad.

  12. #1312
    Elemental Lord Milchshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Javelin of Shitposts, Post-and-Forget
    Posts
    8,875
    Who knew, Crypto was really just a compression algorithm all along!

    If you invested $100 in Luna one month ago, the fourth most popular cryptocurrency at the time, you now have $0.04.

  13. #1313
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Who knew, Crypto was really just a compression algorithm all along!

    If you invested $100 in Luna one month ago, the fourth most popular cryptocurrency at the time, you now have $0.04.
    The algorithm hasn't magically solved everything! Smart contracts were supposed to save us!

    Why aren't techbros making everything better?!

  14. #1314
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Not transferring your coins to an offline wallet is a bad move on anyone's part. People's ignorance on the subject doesn't make it bad.
    People's ignorance makes it bad if the company in charge doesnt tell them abt it. Thats why most things you sign make sure you are aware what id that you are signing on and not be told that when their assets are taking a beating xd

  15. #1315
    Elemental Lord Milchshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Javelin of Shitposts, Post-and-Forget
    Posts
    8,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The algorithm hasn't magically solved everything! Smart contracts were supposed to save us!

    Why aren't techbros making everything better?!
    I spit out my coffee listen to this guy track the value of Luna in real time....



  16. #1316
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    People's ignorance makes it bad if the company in charge doesnt tell them abt it. Thats why most things you sign make sure you are aware what id that you are signing on and not be told that when their assets are taking a beating xd
    Just like like the TOS you agree to with everything right... Most people barely know how to use a computer, so for them to understand what an offline wallet is going to go right over their heads. I would imagine this will get better over time since it's still relatively new.

    Now is the time to buy with these diamond hands. Laughing at stable coins and anyone who invested in them.

  17. #1317
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Who knew, Crypto was really just a compression algorithm all along!

    If you invested $100 in Luna one month ago, the fourth most popular cryptocurrency at the time, you now have $0.04.
    isn't technically it worthless because the fees are greater than .04 cents?


    Stange how the pumpers have all disappeared from a lot of places.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  18. #1318
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    isn't technically it worthless because the fees are greater than .04 cents?


    Stange how the pumpers have all disappeared from a lot of places.
    Wait wait...I just realized...isn't it more worthless than dogecoin now? A literal meme-coin that was never to intended to have any value to begin with? Seems like doge is at $.08, or twice as valuable as Luna

  19. #1319
    Luna has been officially delisted from Binance RIP me. I wanted to buy like 10$ just for the lols

    I hope some regulation comes from this because this has been one of the larger Ponzi Schemes I've seen on crypto

  20. #1320
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Luna has been officially delisted from Binance RIP me. I wanted to buy like 10$ just for the lols

    I hope some regulation comes from this because this has been one of the larger Ponzi Schemes I've seen on crypto
    You wanna know how you get your brand-new industry regulated? This is how you get your brand-new industry regulated.

    But you could have had like, 10,000 Luna for $10. More actually since it dropped below a cent, and I imagine is only continuing to lose value until the computational power required to generate its value is worth more than the value itself. I don't know if that's how cryptocurrencies die, but I'd like to think it is. Just quietly being put out of their misery, alone and unwanted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •