I'm generally opposed to running nowadays (I used to, but no longer), but faced with the prospect of someone actually trying to "explain" NFT's to me in meatspace sounds like one of the few things that would actually get me back to my old highschool sprinting days.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...o-crash-2022-5

Some delicious schadenfreude, Do Kown, TerraUSD founder who mocked actual economists critical of the design for being "poor", now has a literally worthless currency lol.

How're things going though? Oh you know, no shady fuckery going on and nothing like the dastardly Fed trying to meddle...

Or they're choosing whether to literally rewrite history by restoring a snapshot prior to the "attack" (lol) and a bunch of other terrible nonoptions.

https://station.terra.money/gov#PROP..._VOTING_PERIOD

You can check out what they're voting on.

Anything else going on?

Well, according to this reddit post Luna printer go bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr printing 150 billion new coins while trying to function given that it's lost 99.99% of its value and people are buyin that dip.

Man, sticking with that "outdate, old, legacy" fiat currency in my FDIC insured bank is feeling better and better. And even though I hate the stock market, sticking with stocks is sure seeming like an infinitely better bet so far. Are my stocks down this year? Absolutely. Have I lost upwards of 50%+ of their value, or like, 99.99%? No way, not even close.

Wasn't the whole point of stablecoins to literally prevent this from happening?

- - - Updated - - -

https://kotaku.com/axie-infinity-cry...val-1848920116

Not sure how related this is to the luna fiasco, but Axie Infinity's SLP currency is now worth $0.00 on markets due to rounding, as it's worth $0.004 currently. Now this isn't the crypto currency, it's the in-game exchange currency that was supposed to allow folks to "play to earn" but now seems like you just play to play since you can't earn anything on fractional pennies. The actually currency itself, Axie Infinity Shards retains some value at under $20 each after falling from $150 last year.

This game was ever so briefly a test-case for "play to earn" being legit as some folks in the Phillipines were actually able to make a little bit of money off of it before the house of cards started tumbling down as they had to remove farming methods for SLP and their efforts to burn it out of the economy via in-game mechanisms wasn't very effective.

Oh, this was before they lost $600M on a side-chain they'd built to try to make using the crypto remotely convenient.

But it's not dead yet! They have a mobile version of a really shitty game with boring gameplay whose only compelling argument to play is, "You can play and earn a ton of money, we really promise! Just make sure you have a sponsor to cover the huge entry fee required to actually start being able to earn money. It'll go up in value, we sear. Line goes up!"
    Lmao did slp crash?

I remember axir when a highschool friend told me he was making good money off it and apparently the way he did it was lending his creatures to poor ppl to play for him and get a cut off it.

The entire thing was so weirdly exploitative

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm generally opposed to running nowadays (I used to, but no longer), but faced with the prospect of someone actually trying to "explain" NFT's to me in meatspace sounds like one of the few things that would actually get me back to my old highschool sprinting days.
    Got fat on pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Got fat on pizza?
    Alas, I may have some small love handles now but I regret to inform you that I'm not obese by any stretch. Sorry : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Crypto crashed because it turned 13 and Libtertarians lost interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

.01% of bitcoin holders hold 27% of all bitcoin

lol worse than the actual economy.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

Naw man, decentralized currency is how we take back the power from the rich folks and institutions.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Naw man, decentralized currency is how we take back the power from the rich folks and institutions.
    BTC is not given away like candies. in first place nobody wanted them or sold theirs on bargain prices just because they managed to get 5 bucks per coin out of it.
    the current major holders may be people who sit on them since BTC was 1$ and some, sold and repurchased on dip. it tends to accumulate over time IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    it tends to accumulate over time IMHO
    So like traditional capitalism since... forever.

10+ Year Old Account

No no, it's Decentralized and totally not a pyramid scam where the ones that got in early are profiting off the idiots that came in after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No no, it's Decentralized and totally not a pyramid scam where the ones that got in early are profiting off the idiots that came in after.
    You too can invest in my new crypto. Ponzicoin!

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

My prediction is Luna 2.0 will fail.
    Then ALL stablecoins will fail.

20% APY or even 7% APY is a giveaway that is a Pyramid Scheme.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So like traditional capitalism since... forever.
    BTC is limited in supply and low in generation (as intended)
    if you dump yours and the whales purchase it it will accumulate on its own ?

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You too can invest in my new crypto. Ponzicoin!
    You invented it?

Smart move. The market cap is $761 which is kind of low, but it increased 1.94% https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ponzicoin/

But what about blockchain and smart contracts and other five dollar techy words that will fix everything tho.

But Bitcoin is old and not representative.

But at least it's not run by da joo... I mean bankers.

You're just jealous you didn't get yours on time.

You're a fossil and just don't get it.

I think I got most of the stock excuses right. Someone @ me if I missed a couple.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    But what about blockchain and smart contracts and other five dollar techy words that will fix everything tho.

But Bitcoin is old and not representative.

But at least it's not run by da joo... I mean bankers.

You're just jealous you didn't get yours on time.

You're a fossil and just don't get it.

I think I got most of the stock excuses right. Someone @ me if I missed a couple.
    'bitcoin is a store of energy not a waste of energy!'

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    My prediction is Luna 2.0 will fail.
    Then ALL stablecoins will fail.

20% APY or even 7% APY is a giveaway that is a Pyramid Scheme.
    me : Give me your money and ill double it
    some idiot : This sounds like a scam

me : Give me your money and i will give you 16000% APY
    some idiot : Here you go sir, im a genius investor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    You invented it?

Smart move. The market cap is $761 which is kind of low, but it increased 1.94% https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ponzicoin/
    Oh for fucks sake, Ponzicoin is a real thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Oh for fucks sake, Ponzicoin is a real thing.
    Is that even that surprising?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Unfortunately for Green, what also matters is copyright law. And when the actor’s NFT collection was pilfered by a scammer in early May, he lost the commercial rights to his show’s cartoon protagonist, a scruffy Bored Ape named Fred Simian, whose likeness and usage rights now belong to someone else.

“I bought that ape in July 2021, and have spent the last several months developing and exploiting the IP to make it into the star of this show,” Green told Vaynerchuk. “Then days before — his name is Fred by the way — days before he’s set to make his world debut, he’s literally kidnapped.” Green did not respond to a tweet from BuzzFeed News regarding the show.
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...stolen-tv-show

Seth Green losing the IP rights of his bored ape because he got scammed and yuga labs have a weird licensing scheme is funnier than whatever this show could have been XD

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...stolen-tv-show

Seth Green losing the IP rights of his bored ape because he got scammed and yuga labs have a weird licensing scheme is funnier than whatever this show could have been XD
    This is legit one of the best things that's happened so far. Like, I'm so glad cryptobros are here delivering endless entertainment for the rest of us with their stupidity.