Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Pretty sad considering how many lives are saved thanks to charities. But I guess some people will only accept the reality when their own life is saved in a hospital which has equipment bought from charity money.
    I did not say it does not help others but there is always someone profiting from this in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Quite sad to think that something has ruined your view of charities so badly.
    I agree with him, and it's the charities fault for this mindset. Too often have we seen corruption and CEO's taking the money for themselves. It's just a bunch of scams and they never help in any way or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    I agree with him, and it's the charities fault for this mindset. Too often have we seen corruption and CEO's taking the money for themselves. It's just a bunch of scams and they never help in any way or form.
    There is, for the US mostly, a tool for that.

Someone on a thread with the topic of this charity on the Facebook group, World of Warcraft, shared a handy tool called, 'Charity Watch'. This site apparently ranks and breaks down the charity overall for people to get a little transparency from it.

And I know the feeling, which is why I don't donate money to Red Cross for example. I donate items to their local shops and that is it (mostly because I'm too lazy to sell it on marketplace/Facebook groups, and because it helps the local community more than Red Cross). Red Cross has been known for having some higher up claiming a bit too much.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Pretty obvious that mail was a mistake. The mail saying Daisy will be given for free is probably ready since the announcement of the charity event.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah, clearly they set it in advance and thought the goal would have been reached by that time. Pretty funny, but it will be awkward now not to unlock it so I guess that's good.

The donations were pretty slow though, in comparison to many other charity actions on-line. It was pretty underwhelming and I guess Blizz did expect better.

Pretty sad considering how many lives are saved thanks to charities. But I guess some people will only accept the reality when their own life is saved in a hospital which has equipment bought from charity money.
    I'm not surprised it's slower, a lot of people over the world have less expendable income thanks to covid screwing with jobs/
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Maybe it's like with the Legionfall buildings and warfront preparation. Good effort, tho!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I'm not surprised it's slower, a lot of people over the world have less expendable income thanks to covid screwing with jobs/
    There can be different reasons and I'm not throwing stones at anyone in particular, I'm can't really afford charities at the moment myself. Also, I'm comparing against other charity events that I've seen recently. Some of them managed to gather like half of that sum in one night, etc. 1 million dollars in like a month doesn't seem to be very good in comparison.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Wowhead has now posted that the pet looks to “unlock soon”

https://www.wowhead.com/news/daisy-t...eft-for-321957

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some people's edgy tin foil hats are clamped down to their heads a bit too tight if you think charity is a scam intended only to enrich charity CEOs. Maybe one specific one if you have actual evidence, but such blanket statements are unnerving and laughable at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They did expect better, then again, many used Kotick's bonus as an excuse for not supporting the charity according to comments, even though Blizzard gets no money or write-off from this event.
    I think people still feel screwed by that one toy blizzard sold to crowdfund for the esports tournament to replace their own funding. People were under the assumption that their donations wouldn't have just been replacing the multi billion dollar corporation but instead have added to the prize pool.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's safe to say that it was going to be unlocked anyway and Blizzard (or Blizzard leadership) would have made up any shortfall in personal donations leading up to the conclusion.

Looks to have been an accident.

Wowhead posted the article:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/congrat...not-yet-321966

On the offchance those are phishing links, don't follow any of their links. Go to the store directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well it's unlocked now (not that they have said it yet) but the goal was reached and went over. So emails should go out soonish?

10+ Year Old Account
    1.000.808 dollars have been collected and you cannot donate anymore..

But we still haven't received our sloth pet
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/