Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Better applicants available is the fault of r.io in what way exactly?
    R.io has nothing to do with better applicants... not sure why you would think it does ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    1. It shouldn't judge you on bad luck (e.g. not getting certain keys)
    2. It shouldn't publish a rating, rather publish a 'M+' level the toon can do (e.g. I have 1x11,4x10,2x9,1x7 on time, and 3 13s almost on time - so it might say 10 for me). This allows people to pick people who are level appropriate, without just picking someone with 1100 over someone with 1090 all the time.
    3. It shouldn't judge on how many you do, because that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
    4. It should include repeated leaving of groups, introduce a vote to kill in groups to vote to end the key without penalty.
    1. Run more keys.
    2. Rating gives you exactly this information. If you see a 850 player (doing lowish to highish keys) you know that he can do 10s.
    3. It doesn't. The "did X dungeons" information is just for experience sake that some people like to look at.
    4. Most times it's one player raging and leaving. If the other 4 people say "No", the 5th player is simply going afk. Or no votes at all, just afk.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    People seem to misunderstand the OP.
    Well, I didn't ... the problem is that you will end up with a stack of tank/healers opting in and a stack of DPS opting out - meaning the only choice the DPS have is to opt back in again.

As it stands - tanks/healers can shop around and abandon groups they don't like - dps are the beggars at the table.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Honestly, the M+ Score system is pointless if they don't launch or plan to launch an automatic queue system for M+. What will an "official" M+ score system accomplish that R.IO doesn't? The only benefit of a m+ score system would be to feed it into a queue system to make finding groups quicker.

If I could just queue for a +10 with, say, 1000 M+ score and wait until the queue pops that would actually be great. I would actually re-sub to the game if that happens.
    A system made by blizz is simply a "now WE can completely control this and do further stuff (like item upgrades) with it".

Automatic systems in M+ above 10s (seasonal starts) are made to be a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    1. Run more keys.
    Can't ... I don't get into groups because of... RAIDER.IO.

2. Rating gives you exactly this information. If you see a 850 player (doing lowish to highish keys) you know that he can do 10s.
    But it also means an 840 player who can also do the same, but will be turned down over the 850 player. My score is 825 and I can't even get into 5s.

3. It doesn't. The "did X dungeons" information is just for experience sake that some people like to look at.
    It does... I have yet to even have the opportunity of running a high Spires, so I'm penalised.

4. Most times it's one player raging and leaving. If the other 4 people say "No", the 5th player is simply going afk. Or no votes at all, just afk.
    And what happens in PVP if you AFK ?
    If someone AFKs - once they flag AFK they are penalised.
    I'm not saying if someone D/C, AFK or quits a few times they get penalised - but some (esp tank/heals) shop around groups and dump heaps of groups. Just want to penalised people who do it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    What will an "official" M+ score system accomplish that R.IO doesn't?
    Not much, other than not having to use an addon for it. PvP has a rating system, and while something like that is obviously necessary to place you into matches against similarly skilled/experienced players, it doesn't build your team for you...which is essentially the only part of a PvE system like this that's applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    @schwarzkopf did you read all that i wrote?
    Yes.... why ?

Can you turn off ilvl? you guessed right.

But it also means an 840 player who can also do the same, but will be turned down over the 850 player. My score is 825 and I can't even get into 5s.

It does... I have yet to even have the opportunity of running a high Spires, so I'm penalised.

And what happens in PVP if you AFK ?
    If someone AFKs - once they flag AFK they are penalised.
    I'm not saying if someone D/C, AFK or quits a few times they get penalised - but some (esp tank/heals) shop around groups and dump heaps of groups. Just want to penalised people who do it a lot.
    1. Try more. A mate of mine and I sometimes queue 20-60 minutes, but there WILL be an invite eventually.
    2. Same as the 1st - try more. It WILL work, tho the time this could take can be quite long.
    3. Well, I took this as "I have to run this and that dungeon 10 times", not "I have to run different dungeons". This is another "just try harder" to get invites.

^ 1., 2. and 3. are done with own key, too. Run your key, downgrade it, run your key [...]. Eventually you will get the key you need, that's a mathematical fact.
    I do not say that this all can be done with a low amount of time, at all - it takes a hell a lot of time.

4. Then do "some" stuff, like auto attacking? If flagged afk, just pull the next enemy group, whatever. There is no system one can use for this - every system can be played. People that get flagged pvp are just not that smart, imo.

theres many who dislike rio score and the upcomming in-game m+ score.
    some have suggested the option to turn it off.
    i say thats a great idea, but anyone who opts out can only play with others that opts out, players who keep it on can only play with others who keep it on.
    everyone will be happy!
    maybe those who opts out will also have their armory and achievements disabled or invisible to others, so rio cant get info from it and others cant see it.
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    no "gatekeeping" at all is exactly what they want.
    Lol, that would be a great idea, would filter out the shitters for me.
    Have fun doing depleting every loot revelant key

theres many who dislike rio score and the upcomming in-game m+ score.
    some have suggested the option to turn it off.
    i say thats a great idea, but anyone who opts out can only play with others that opts out, players who keep it on can only play with others who keep it on.
    everyone will be happy!
    maybe those who opts out will also have their armory and achievements disabled or invisible to others, so rio cant get info from it and others cant see it.
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    no "gatekeeping" at all is exactly what they want.
    won't change anything. raider.io will just build your profile from the other 4 people in the group. only 1 needs to be opted in for the data to be public. (or with an addon if direct data collection is blocked.)

unless you want to enforce that "opt out can only play with opt out" thing, but then it'll be a dead on arrival feature since were talking non queue non outdoor content. it'll be "i can't play with my friends" and then blizz will cave in real soon on that particular aspect.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-04-20 at 09:45 AM.

You aren't getting declined because your score isn't good enough. Other people in the queue are just better than you. Do your own keys if you want a guaranteed "invite".

The thing is, even a better system that gives way more accurate data would still lead to you complaining because it's not the system that makes people not pick you. It's all the other players who are looking better than you in their "application form". The only way to not have to compete with other players for a group spot is to just get randomly invited by an algorithm and that leads to a clown fiesta at higher difficulties.

edit: @Topic:

Opt out wouldn't change anything for me, so sure why not. It really makes no difference to me whether I decline a low rio player or decline a no rio player. And the low rio players who blame rio might get an eye opening experience when they form a group of 5 "opt out" players and try to push a key. I don't think those keys will go very well for them.
    Last edited by Wuusah; 2021-04-20 at 09:51 AM.

The issue is that you play with shit players, that do not even understand why a wipe happened or a key was depleted.

I am sorry, but if you are hardstuck at 825, you are just not trying to actually increase your score. Just run your own keys and make friends. Do you know why every happened in your failed key?

This is not a r.io issue btw. It is a supply/demand issue. If you 10 out of 100 poeple create a group, then 50 people will not find a group, and the 10 can choose 40 from 90. Which means, if your score is equal to all +9s in time, you will have a hard time getting in a +10 key, because people with 11s/12s time will apply for this key.
    So either apply for groups with 1 person or make your own.
    Last edited by Nite92; 2021-04-20 at 09:51 AM.

I guarantee if they made a LFG for opt-outters, it would be completely empty 99% of the time.

2. It shouldn't publish a rating, rather publish a 'M+' level the toon can do (e.g. I have 1x11,4x10,2x9,1x7 on time, and 3 13s almost on time - so it might say 10 for me). This allows people to pick people who are level appropriate, without just picking someone with 1100 over someone with 1090 all the time.
    What's the benefit of knocking 2 significant figures off the score? If I can't distinguish between the 1100 and the 1090 because they both say 11 (or whatever that translates to), I'm picking the one with higher item level or more clears or better logs depending on how much I care about the key. And yes, RIO will most likely still exist to track number of clears if the new score doesn't. If you remove one criterion for distinguishing applicants, people will just find another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

You would be queuing with the same 16 people in your region that actually want to opt out non stop.

1. Run more keys.
    1. that's dumb for low/medium keys. it's a non issue for M+ enthusiasts, but it's straight up detrimental for people who just want to do a weekly or only occasionally do M+. all it does is achieve negatives. ,
    2. and you still wont be invited if you haven't done the particular dungeon in question. same problem as above, just punishes people who don't spend 20 hours in m+ the first few weeks of a patch getting their score up.

in general rio score is a great system for people who do keys above the weekly, and a very mediocore or straight up bad system for people who do keys below the weekly. you can debate a bit where the exact crossover point is, +10 isntead of +15 is a decent argument too, but you won't convince me the negatives don't outweigh the positives below a +10.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Tldr blizz score on = play with other blizz score on, blizz score off = play with other blizz score off.
    It would be like skirmish vs rated ARENA.

I think the build in metric is great, I hope it makes it into LFG addons to filter for specific rating just like its done with Ilvl, so you dont even get into a queue if you dont meet the reqs.
    -

Oh look at another post from a willingful bad player who wants to have the game according to his own rules, MMO-Champ in a nutshell.

OT: not gonna happen, the score is here so that entitled, Ilvl inflated, willingful bads dont grief higher keys, even the devs see these players as a problem and incorporate R IO into the core game.
    I.O BFA Season 3

3+ Year Old Account
    1. It shouldn't judge you on bad luck (e.g. not getting certain keys)
    3. It shouldn't judge on how many you do, because that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
    4. It should include repeated leaving of groups, introduce a vote to kill in groups to vote to end the key without penalty.
    1. Bad luck doesn't exist, neither with premade groups or if you're a solo player. You just have to play a bit more.
    2. R.io already has it in there, don't know what you want with that.
    3. It doesn't. Amount of dungeons run isn't judged at all.
    4. Welcome to League of Legends Toxicity, please for gods sake no.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.