Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    All I can read is OP going "Im sick of not getting literally hard carried everywhere I go, pls carry me harder".
    thats odd, i refer to opt outers as "they".. you know, the opposite of i/us. l2read

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It has everything to do with better applicants. Even in your example, the guy with 10 more rio than you is BETTER than you. Otherwise you would have the bigger score. It's a fact.
    Yes and no. You get to a point where doing a dungeon not in time will award you more points than the same dungeon done in time 2-3 levels below.

You can even have KSM rio without KSM if someone carried you in non timed 17 or so.

10 rio points are nothing and mean nothing.

I don't see the point. Even if you opted out you would still be held to it as a standard.

You can opt out atm by uninstalling rio. As you probably know, it will also cause you to not get invited. Why do you think this would change if the system is implemented by Blizz?

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Yes and no. You get to a point where doing a dungeon not in time will award you more points than the same dungeon done in time 2-3 levels below.

You can even have KSM rio without KSM if someone carried you in non timed 17 or so.

10 rio points are nothing and mean nothing.
    But it takes literally 10 seconds to check the other person. Right click - copy raider.io link - alt tab - ctrl+v. Actually you don't even have to do all that, you can just look at hoiw many 10+ / 15+ the person has completed. If people just look at the number, they deserve to have carried people in their groups who deplete their key.

Also, again, "higher rio" doesn't automatically mean "better player". It just means there's a higher chance of them being a better player, not a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    But it takes literally 10 seconds to check the other person. Right click - copy raider.io link - alt tab - ctrl+v. Actually you don't even have to do all that, you can just look at hoiw many 10+ / 15+ the person has completed. If people just look at the number, they deserve to have carried people in their groups who deplete their key.

Also, again, "higher rio" doesn't automatically mean "better player". It just means there's a higher chance of them being a better player, not a guarantee.
    I just wanted to reply to the dude that said that the applicant with 10 points more than “you” is surely better than “you”: fortunately or unfortunately it’s not true.

100 points maybe yes, 10 points as I said are nothing, whatever the key level.

A few days ago I had a prime example why checking someone on the raider.io page is so important. PF+15 tank has a high rio. He has done multiple dungeons on +16. Did PF on +11, it's the last or one of the last dungeons he is missing for KSM. I checked him out on the website:

He had like 4 runs done in PF before ours. His +11 was a month ago. The other three were not even close to +10. He went from +3s and +5s to timing a +11, then a month of no (challenging) PF at all and then wanted to do a +15.

I was curious, so I healed that dungeon. He posts his route and it's super scuffed. Makes no use of cannisters and plague borers. I tell him that route sucks and we do another one. The things he did:

Aimed the abomination trash mob into the group for the big frontal aoe. I told him to stop doing that after the second or third time. His reply was "don't blame me, that mob does it in a random direction". I told him "no, it always does it at you". His reply "so am I not supposed to dodge it either or what?" I was speechless...

The second abo that stands at the stairs, he pulled all the way back to that acid stream in the back where the group stands. Not only did he aim the frontal at the group again but the caster mob stayed back and freely casted his roots on us, which killed us in combination with the second abo ability. Also we had a buttpull from the left side with the green blobs there.

After that he didn't use his stun on the tentacles when they gripped someone in the gauntlet part of the dungeon.

After the gauntlet we had Pride. With Pride buff he double pulled both right and left pack. Not only does he not understand that it's like 4 caster mobs super far apart from each other, but there is also that violet blob that he doesn't understand what it does. After that he left.

So we had a tank with a good rio score, close to KSM and he pulled like a complete noob. Because in that dungeon he was a complete noob. He had no experience in that dungeon whatsoever. He was playing his Paladin really well. He was skilled with his class. But it just shows again, that skill is not required to beat a +15. You need experience. It doesn't freaking matter how good you are with your class if you kill your group with bad pulls because you don't know the mobs.

So that's definitely a flaw of raider.io. The only way to know that tank would be shit was to go on the website and really go in-depth into his dungeon history. Because his score was high, his number of 15s and 14s was high. But his number of Plaguefall dungeons was not only very low, but also the key levels were low and they were over a month back. That information should be visible ingame, imo. Yes it doesn't take much time to check the site, but we shouldn't have to do that in the first place. It should be all ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    A few days ago I had a prime example why checking someone on the raider.io page is so important. PF+15 tank has a high rio. He has done multiple dungeons on +16. Did PF on +11, it's the last or one of the last dungeons he is missing for KSM. I checked him out on the website:

He had like 4 runs done in PF before ours. His +11 was a month ago. The other three were not even close to +10. He went from +3s and +5s to timing a +11, then a month of no (challenging) PF at all and then wanted to do a +15.

I was curious, so I healed that dungeon. He posts his route and it's super scuffed. Makes no use of cannisters and plague borers. I tell him that route sucks and we do another one. The things he did:

Aimed the abomination trash mob into the group for the big frontal aoe. I told him to stop doing that after the second or third time. His reply was "don't blame me, that mob does it in a random direction". I told him "no, it always does it at you". His reply "so am I not supposed to dodge it either or what?" I was speechless...

The second abo that stands at the stairs, he pulled all the way back to that acid stream in the back where the group stands. Not only did he aim the frontal at the group again but the caster mob stayed back and freely casted his roots on us, which killed us in combination with the second abo ability. Also we had a buttpull from the left side with the green blobs there.

After that he didn't use his stun on the tentacles when they gripped someone in the gauntlet part of the dungeon.

After the gauntlet we had Pride. With Pride buff he double pulled both right and left pack. Not only does he not understand that it's like 4 caster mobs super far apart from each other, but there is also that violet blob that he doesn't understand what it does. After that he left.

So we had a tank with a good rio score, close to KSM and he pulled like a complete noob. Because in that dungeon he was a complete noob. He had no experience in that dungeon whatsoever. He was playing his Paladin really well. He was skilled with his class. But it just shows again, that skill is not required to beat a +15. You need experience. It doesn't freaking matter how good you are with your class if you kill your group with bad pulls because you don't know the mobs.

So that's definitely a flaw of raider.io. The only way to know that tank would be shit was to go on the website and really go in-depth into his dungeon history. Because his score was high, his number of 15s and 14s was high. But his number of Plaguefall dungeons was not only very low, but also the key levels were low and they were over a month back. That information should be visible ingame, imo. Yes it doesn't take much time to check the site, but we shouldn't have to do that in the first place. It should be all ingame.
    Yeah but as I said, r.io is no guarantee. I would guess, the chances of meeting a person like that with a high score are extremely low. Definitely lower than if you invite someone with 300 less score into your group

Yeah but as I said, r.io is no guarantee. I would guess, the chances of meeting a person like that with a high score are extremely low. Definitely lower than if you invite someone with 300 less score into your group
    yes it's not a guarantee but the data you get ingame from rio is significantly less than what you get from the website. So my hope is that Blizzard allows for all the information to be visible in the game so that even if Blizzard's standard UI doesn't show it, an addon like raider.io can do what it does on the website and do the same ingame.
    Instead of scanning the armory, get all the information on a website and then a tiny fraction of that information packed into an addon, we could just scan/inspect a person ingame and get all that information ingame. That would be the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    yes it's not a guarantee but the data you get ingame from rio is significantly less than what you get from the website. So my hope is that Blizzard allows for all the information to be visible in the game so that even if Blizzard's standard UI doesn't show it, an addon like raider.io can do what it does on the website and do the same ingame.
    Instead of scanning the armory, get all the information on a website and then a tiny fraction of that information packed into an addon, we could just scan/inspect a person ingame and get all that information ingame. That would be the dream.
    Yeah that's true. I guess if the blizzard implementation is bad, people will just continue to use raider.io. I think the people who made raider.io are working with blizzard on the feature, so I'm sure they're giving enough input/feedback; I just hope blizzard doesn't ignore them and make their own thing. Let's see how it works out

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    You can opt out atm by uninstalling rio. As you probably know, it will also cause you to not get invited. Why do you think this would change if the system is implemented by Blizz?
    That's wrong. You got a score either way, no Addon needed - to opt out, you have to log into Rio and deactivate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    That's wrong. You got a score either way, no Addon needed - to opt out, you have to log into Rio and deactivate it.
    Ehh but if you and I both decide opt out and uninstall it, then neither of us can see the score of each other even if it exists. If big enough pool of players decided that rio is useless and uninstalled it, then those people effectively opted out.

And it still doesnt change my point no matter the technical side of things. People use rio because they want a scoring system, there is the possibility to not use it yet people use it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Ehh but if you and I both decide opt out and uninstall it, then neither of us can see the score of each other even if it exists. If big enough pool of players decided that rio is useless and uninstalled it, then those people effectively opted out.

And it still doesnt change my point no matter the technical side of things. People use rio because they want a scoring system, there is the possibility to not use it yet people use it anyway.
    You do not really opt-out if you deinstall it. Others see your score, no matter what. And no, others do not deinstall it just so they can't see your score. > you did not opt-out, you simply can't see it yourself. YOU have to deactivate it yourself on the Rio site.
    Rio is way to helpful to estimate the knowledge of a player. No sane person runs 10++ without looking for experience - and that's exactly what Rio and Blizzscore are for.

Imagine being so bad at the game that it actually involks an emotional response that people will get to see it BEFORE they invite you to group and have you blow it to pieces. I mean it is saving someone with a low score from a bad situation as much as a group wanting to push from you. Is it going to be a positive social experience for you when you get invited to that +15 only to screw it all up within the first 10 minutes because you haven't got a clue? I get it you might want that +15 because of gear, valor, vault box, mount/title chase and.. heh.. probably rio score.. but at a certain point if you weren't ever able to complete 13s and 14s you probably aren't suddenly and magically going to be knocking out 15s. If you are knocking out 13s and 14s on the regular then you wouldn't have to hard of a problem getting into 15 groups minus those that are obviously looking for a hard carry because they got carried somehow along the way and guess what.. you don't want to be in those groups because that means you got that shitter and your fresh to that level in the same group of 5.

That is sort of the deal. People that opt out probably wouldn't be to worried about opting in if they suddenly had like a 1300-1400 score. When the score is helping you get into groups it probably is a lot more interesting of a thing to have active and suddenly RIO is a good thing. It is just when it is preventing the leapfrog and short cuts to that score that upsets people. Just remember its just a rejection in a video game that just is a list of character names. It really isn't that hurtful. No reason to get that upset about it. Sometimes you got to get told no a few times before you get told yes. So wipe the tears away and keep trying for fucks sakes. Get a little nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Can't ... I don't get into groups because of... RAIDER.IO.

But it also means an 840 player who can also do the same, but will be turned down over the 850 player. My score is 825 and I can't even get into 5s.

It does... I have yet to even have the opportunity of running a high Spires, so I'm penalised.

And what happens in PVP if you AFK ?
    If someone AFKs - once they flag AFK they are penalised.
    I'm not saying if someone D/C, AFK or quits a few times they get penalised - but some (esp tank/heals) shop around groups and dump heaps of groups. Just want to penalised people who do it a lot.
    i have a 625 io on my guardian druid and a 710 on my shadow priest i have zero issue getting into groups i do 8-9s for the weekly vault. no issue at all. but yet your 825 says you cant get into 5s. i just do not believe that at all.

I have really no idea why people dislike io score so much. Imo its one of the best system through all the years.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    theres many who dislike rio score and the upcomming in-game m+ score.
    some have suggested the option to turn it off.
    i say thats a great idea, but anyone who opts out can only play with others that opts out, players who keep it on can only play with others who keep it on.
    everyone will be happy!
    maybe those who opts out will also have their armory and achievements disabled or invisible to others, so rio cant get info from it and others cant see it.
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    no "gatekeeping" at all is exactly what they want.
    2 weeks after the opt out will be implemented you will get the following 3 threads:

1. "Mythic+ with opt out too hard, can't finish a +5"
    2. "People are way to toxic in mythic+ opt out"
    3. "why do i still get no invite in 2 seconds as a dd?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The problem with M+ (as with pvp also) is just the fact that every NON-raider uses them to gear up. So as long as players need gear and they don't get easy access to either dungeons or pvp, players will get dissappointed and leave game. Its a fallacy to believe that players will have the strong will to argue with others for a group spot. Noone gives a fuck. They ll just leave the game and the game will become worse and worse since lets face it wow suffers from lack of players especially during large content draughts.
    How did these people play before mythic+?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rather than an opt-out from rating just allow for an opt-out from timing if you're not aiming at beating the clock anyway. Repeatedly petitioned for this option.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    that's not because of score... do you even realize how many people are applying to them?
    It was two different things in one - i know getting into low (or even other) keys as dps is hard just due to the sheer amount of people playing. I was wondering if people not being able to see my score meant i would get considered even less.

Anyway, it's been sorted.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Rather than an opt-out from rating just allow for an opt-out from timing if you're not aiming at beating the clock anyway. Repeatedly petitioned for this option.
    Would you expect the same rewards as a timed dungeon? If so, your idea is ass.