Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    We can agree to disagree then.

I'm part of the rio community and I know first hand how horrible many of us are to people for simply not meeting our personal standards. Its one thing to simply say no but the comments we make... I don't blame anyone at all for wanting to hide information. It's just like why people wanted to hide their armories. All that did was exacerbate the ad hominem attacks.
    Is declining a player from your group an attack on that player nowadays?

We can agree to disagree then.

I'm part of the rio community and I know first hand how horrible many of us are to people for simply not meeting our personal standards. Its one thing to simply say no but the comments we make... I don't blame anyone at all for wanting to hide information. It's just like why people wanted to hide their armories. All that did was exacerbate the ad hominem attacks.
    Don't mush toxic people with rio community and speak for yourself. WE are key pushers. Toxic people are toxic with rio or without.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Don't mush toxic people with rio community and speak for yourself. WE are key pushers. Toxic people are toxic with rio or without.
    I will mush them because I'm part of the community and I see it. We're crap to anyone not part of it. The rude comments, strawmen and insinuations we make are the worst. In some ways, I'm embarrassed to be part of it because negatively is how we're perceived and I've had to ensure people that I'm not to be painted with the same brush. I don't know what it is with so many in our community. The egos are staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Is declining a player from your group an attack on that player nowadays?
    Simply declining? No, not in the slightest. When someone does it then follows up with "gtfo scrub" or something even worse (I've seen some nasty derogatory comments), yes it is. And I've seen people in our community (some in this thread) who unnecessarily talk to people like that and act as if they're doing them some kind of favor.

Simply declining? No, not in the slightest. When someone does it then follows up with "gtfo scrub" or something even worse (I've seen some nasty derogatory comments), yes it is. And I've seen people in our community (some in this thread) who unnecessarily talk to people like that and act as if they're doing them some kind of favor.
    So, when someone doesn't get invited to my group and whispers me: "Why the fuck did you not pick me you fucking elitist?" is he then not part of "your community" where people talk unnecessarily shit to people?

I get that kind of whispers quite often when I make my own groups. For me the toxic people are those that feel entitled to be invited to my group and who lash out against me with vile language.

And by the way I am still waiting for your link where Blizzard says how we were intended to invite people to our groups.

I don’t know what game you’re playing but in the hundreds of M+ runs I did throughout the years I haven’t had a single player talk like that.

I will mush them because I'm part of the community and I see it. We're crap to anyone not part of it. The rude comments, strawmen and insinuations we make are the worst. In some ways, I'm embarrassed to be part of it because negatively is how we're perceived and I've had to ensure people that I'm not to be painted with the same brush. I don't know what it is with so many in our community. The egos are staggering.
    Well, if you are a part of some community which is toxic - I am not in that community and I am doing semi-high keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Theres a fundamental problem and constant that seems to keep being brought up in this thread.

DPS are the ones bitching about R.IO.

As a non-meta dps, I understand the pain of not getting picked when trying to pug, despite having KSM. But I didnt get KSM pugging.

My guild and community enabled me to show I could do it.

I'm willing to bet a majority of the people who hate r.io and b.r.io only put, dont have a guild (or at least an active one) and as a result, are 'forced' to pug to try and do non-solo content like m+ and raiding beyond normal.
    how about neither i had too pug my last 2 keys as none in guild had them and game wouldn't give me them i made my own grp for the other 6 as ppl weren't interested in runnign 15s anymore

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    What you're suggesting here is the equivalent of being like, oh I'm diamond on my other account, this is my alt account. When there's a 99% chance you're lying.

Or faking a curve achi to get in a group.

I don't like R.io as people follow it so god damn hard, but it is a good system that provides very real useful information when getting a group together. If you opt out, you're basically saying "Im bad but I don't want anyone to see how bad I am" and you're going to end up getting 0 invites and playing only with other people who have it turned off. If you want that, go for it, but I guarantee it will suck hard.
    As to the bolded part, even if you aren't bad, it makes you look like you're hiding how bad you are. You could be the best player ever, but if you literally have never played m+ in shadowlands on that character, there's no reason for me to think you know what you're doing.

My only issue with the system is that RIO at least lets you show your main/alt, so you really can say "I'm diamond on my other account..." and be credible. Will the new system have that feature?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I don’t know what game you’re playing.
    Do you know what forum this is for?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Well, if you are a part of some community which is toxic - I am not in that community and I am doing semi-high keys.
    Maybe you’re not like that. Not everyone in the community is but you see comments on it in every forum and in this thread too. People can’t even make suggestions without enraging many mythic players.

I don’t know what it stems from. To be fair, it’s not exclusive. Raiders raged when non-raiders got tier gear when it was a thing.

It’s weird who does it. The don’t see pet battle players raging when non-pet battle players happen upon some rare pet.

Do you know what forum this is for?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you’re not like that. Not everyone in the community is but you see comments on it in every forum and in this thread too. People can’t even make suggestions without enraging many mythic players.

I don’t know what it stems from. To be fair, it’s not exclusive. Raiders raged when non-raiders got tier gear when it was a thing.

It’s weird who does it. The don’t see pet battle players raging when non-pet battle players happen upon some rare pet.
    I think you are misunderstanding what people say on forums when they talk about bad players with what they say to the bad player’s face…

I think you are misunderstanding what people say on forums when they talk about bad players with what they say to the bad player’s face…
    Not when they make it crystal clear and openly admit it. I’ve witnessed it and seen screen shots. Let’s not pretend it doesn’t happen.

Not when they make it crystal clear and openly admit it. I’ve witnessed it and seen screen shots. Let’s not pretend it doesn’t happen.
    Let’s not pretend some idiots are representative of the whole community

Let’s not pretend some idiots are representative of the whole community
    I already made it clear that they weren’t and that not everyone is like that but it’s common enough that many notice.

I already made it clear that they weren’t and that not everyone is like that but it’s common enough that many notice.
    Again, in my hundreds of runs I never had anyone make toxic remarks towards someone else’s rio score. I’ve never seen anyone give a shit about rio after the group is formed. We must be playing different WoW games, because those big problems you seem to encounter so often that it makes you comment on it in a forum are things that never happened to me and I pugged ksm in BfA and SL…

Again, in my hundreds of runs I never had anyone make toxic remarks towards someone else’s rio score. I’ve never seen anyone give a shit about rio after the group is formed. We must be playing different WoW games, because those big problems you seem to encounter so often that it makes you comment on it in a forum are things that never happened to me and I pugged ksm in BfA and SL…
    So did I. Either you don't pay attention to it or I just have an eye for it.

*shrugs* Anecdotes...

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    As to the bolded part, even if you aren't bad, it makes you look like you're hiding how bad you are. You could be the best player ever, but if you literally have never played m+ in shadowlands on that character, there's no reason for me to think you know what you're doing.

My only issue with the system is that RIO at least lets you show your main/alt, so you really can say "I'm diamond on my other account..." and be credible. Will the new system have that feature?
    its double edge sword though

just because someone is good at class A it doesnt make him automaticly good with class B

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

just because someone is good at class A it doesnt make him automaticly good with class B
    Of course not, but I would always prefer to pick person that has proven experience with the dungeons/a dungeon at the appropriate level on another class than someone who has no proven experience with the dungeons/a dungeon.

The optimal would of course be someone who has proven experience with the dungeon(s) and with his class, but sometimes you have to take someone who is adequate, and here experience with content always trumps experience with your class.

It's not perfect, but rio as a whole isn't perfect - all it does is tweak the odds for you to find a good player.

Does someone being 2,500 on a Rogue guarantee they can play Death Knight well? No. But is a 2,500 Rogue more likely than most other people to be good on a Death Knight, too? Yes.

I'd have loved to see some form of account-wide score system added to the in-game feature, but I never really expected that to happen. Blizzard's approach to these things has usually been to err on the light side with features wherever possible, and make it a very simple, condensed system that can be reduced to single values even at the expense of more useful data.

Maybe a rio addon will retain a place in the alt-score niche or in additional data, but just like Gearscore was replaced by in-game ilvl displays it's very possible for rio to be supplanted, too, in the long run.

Agree, but it at least shows that they've done the content and (probably) understand the mechanics. You can also just get boosted, so there's no foolproof way here. Point is, if my alt is KSM, I'm probably better to take than another person with better gear and 0 experience. Just makes alts more palatable to level/gear.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

"I'll always take someone who proved themselves..."

/popcorn to watch people like this try getting heroic groups in TBC.