Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    He left like 5 years ago.
    Isn't he working on their unannounced project?

Future of Blizz sure is looking sketchy.

We'll see if theres people who will float the boat. But, the company sure has lost it's shine.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Director leaving while a game is in the middle of development definitely doesn't seem normal to me. Makes me wonder how bad Activision's been meddling in Overwatch 2 to drive him away.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I largely ignored the conspiracy stuff, but after this, I'm starting to seriously wonder what's going on over at Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Director leaving while a game is in the middle of development definitely doesn't seem normal to me. Makes me wonder how bad Activision's been meddling in Overwatch 2 to drive him away.
    Yep, I have the same concerns. Very strange for this to be happening, because Jeff loved working on Overwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    He left like 5 years ago.
    He did not. He left WoW team, but still works at Blizzard.

As for the old school Blizzard, I guess they still have Metzen as a voice actor and Samwise still working for them.

Now, let's see if he's going to join DreamHaven. If he's joining their team, I guess we might see something great from them, or something really oldschoolblizzardish.

Yeah, FBs keep telling me all is sweet and rosy when someone as major as Kaplan also leaves, totally with countless others in the recent few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaslave View Post
    Isn't he working on their unannounced project?
    https://blizzardwatch.com/2016/10/13...orld-warcraft/

Just checked and he left WoW team (my bad!) in 2016... and i do not think we have heared anything about him since then...
    Sooo... i dunno... maybe he is still here?...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-04-20 at 06:11 PM.

All these people leave and Ion sticks to his chair...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

All this people leaving, but the true person we want to leave is Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Ion is a company man, does exactly what his Activision overlords tell him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Maybe I'm nitpicky but his goodbye message is in all lower caps as well, seems a bit weird imo.

I betting some more disagreements with Activision in there, and yeah it's a big deal as he's pretty much the face of Overwatch. I remember hearing how they didn't even like calling it 'Overwatch 2' for what is, at best, a number of content patches delayed for the main game then released all at once, but they had to strictly for marketing purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I don’t blame them all for leaving.

Hopefully they go to ethically better companies.

I’d like to support the talented developers, without supporting people like Kotick and Activision board.
    Ethically better companies?

All companies are money whoring pieces of shit. Doesn't matter if it is a mega corp with a 100 floor HQ in the big city or some mom and pop store down the street. They all want the money and will do what they need to to get as much of it as humanly possible. Capitalism 101.

If any company is being ethical it's because it needs to be for a temporarily amount of time. But put a few extra $$$ in their way they'll change their tune.

On to (creatively) greener pastures I'm sure. Wonder if we'll see him join Mike Morhaime's Dreamhaven studios like a lot of other Blizzard old guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Wow, Blizzard was once considered one of the best developers. I guess things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Ion is not in charge. People need to get off the horse that the game director is the head honcho in producing a game. Producers are above directors and executive producer when making a game is pretty much as high as you get before you enter the corporate part of it.

John Hight is the person you want to look at and he's been lead producer since starting work on MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I betting some more disagreements with Activision in there, and yeah it's a big deal as he's pretty much the face of Overwatch. I remember hearing how they didn't even like calling it 'Overwatch 2' for what is, at best, a number of content patches delayed for the main game then released all at once, but they had to strictly for marketing purposes.
    They should at least have called it an expansion, as that is what the game actually is.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Why was this thread moved, it's like someone don't want this news to be on the front page here lmao
    I guess to make room for the official MMOC news thread

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Why was this thread moved, it's like someone don't want this news to be on the front page here lmao
    Because it fits in the OW forums, not the VG forums. There's no secret motivation, just putting things where they go.