Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Wow, edgelords looking down on people because they actually still have emotions to express. That is pretty sad. You're obviously not going to understand something you don't possess and never experienced lol.
    Maybe? If their abberant behaviour is any indication i'm not missing out on much.

Honestly a fair bit of emotion is natural, but to be taken for a ride by it to the point that it mangles your sense like that, well, it places you closer to animals than to anything human.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I don't hate the player base, i hate the company. And i want it to fail, in order to teach these guys a lesson.

My biggest complain with Blizzard as a company, is that they are doing so poorly with the least expansions. After Legion, it seems they are not able to deliver "Quality" content for us to keep us subscribed. They don't learn from competitors, who are actually doing more with less (Example: ElderScrolls Online and Final Fantasy).

We have more than 15 years without anything new to have for the game. Most of these features we get in each expansion, doesn't even last enough time to be relevant. For example: "The Hearth of Azeroth", this item became irrelevant after BFA, to the point that players who actually worked hard on this item, only ended up wasting their time doing it, while in other games like ESO items never get outdated. Another example, is the WOD Garrison, another feature that is now useless and still cost 5k to upgrade to level 3. Many of these pointless content gaps create a poor gameplay experience.

Right now, with Shadowlands, get nothing truly interesting to keep the players "playing" the game.Torghast is one example of how poorly this feature was designed, it feels that the devs doesn't even play their game. Its not even fun to play this feature again once you are done with it. Also the size of the zones and how they were created demonstrate how they really cut budget into creating something more original and complete to play, just check how few World Quests we get now + the lack of activities that we can do at level 60.

And lets not forget about the people who were fired during COVID while the CEO earns millions of US Dollars in bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Maybe? If their abberant behaviour is any indication i'm not missing out on much.

Honestly a fair bit of emotion is natural, but to be taken for a ride by it to the point that it mangles your sense like that, well, it places you closer to animals than to anything human.
    I don't blame Activision, i blame Blizzard. Blizzard is the one making all the important DEVs to retire or leave the company, even when the game they have created still last until today. If you guys actually remember, one of the main reasons why Chris Metzen retired from Blizzard, was because the stress and panic attacks he was having for working for them. Inside those walls of Blizzard, the quality of the working environment is not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Everyone always says this when I mention that I've had a hard time with socializing and with finding guilds, which just feeds into my depression and loneliness more. I feel like because of my struggles I don't deserve to have friends and don't have a place in this game at all. I fully admit that I'm not the most socially adept person and I seem to have quirks that turn people off. I don't know what the exact issue is but I've tried to find that good "forever guild family" since my EverQuest days.

But, I keep trying.

I wouldn't say those other things are self imposed though. What do you think would be the result if I tried to do group content without doing any of that I mentioned? I've broken down crying in real life because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get weak auras to work properly, so I would very much gladly like to ignore them, but I just feel like that's not really allowed these days.
    If you are playing on EU you can join my guild. We have a huge span of different kind(read: Weird, quirky, me included) of people that are casual af, but at least try to be serious during raid times(heroic scrubs!)

Some do weak auras, some do not(fuck weak auras) and we laugh, we fight, we bicker and we have fun, just like humans(read: We are not)

And if you dont want to join or not an EU player:

Just know you are not alone <3

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Hey man, thanks for the honest feedback. I really appreciate it. : - )

I'm glad you're a fan of my content. I've been floating the idea of starting a Patreon so that fans like you can contribute to it and help make it easier for me to continue sharing my unique perspective on this website. DM me and I'll give you the deets. Anyway, take it easy out there my guy. I'd hate to see you accidentally mistake blatant sarcasm as serious conjecture.
    I'll sub. Can I do so with my Prime account? I mean, that makes it fReE 4 me! 5 bucks a month, now thats vAlUe!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-04-22 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Their hubris is the reason for their demise
    im pretty sure they dont have to care about doomsayers like you, they still have milions active players after almost 17y of game and make more money than ever before...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    im pretty sure they dont have to care about doomsayers like you, they still have milions active players after almost 17y of game and make more money than ever before...
    Its not about making money only. Its about giving Quality. And right now they are lacking. Same reason people complains on MMO Champ about WoW and not the WoW Forums (They quit their subs).

People want to see Blizzard fall apart so that it can either:
    A) Be rebuilt into something better
    or
    B) Have the talent move to Dreamhaven where their creativity will be free from Activision's corporate influence
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    I don't hate the player base, i hate the company. And i want it to fail, in order to teach these guys a lesson.

My biggest complain with Blizzard as a company, is that they are doing so poorly with the least expansions. After Legion, it seems they are not able to deliver "Quality" content for us to keep us subscribed. They don't learn from competitors, who are actually doing more with less (Example: ElderScrolls Online and Final Fantasy).

We have more than 15 years without anything new to have for the game. Most of these features we get in each expansion, doesn't even last enough time to be relevant. For example: "The Hearth of Azeroth", this item became irrelevant after BFA, to the point that players who actually worked hard on this item, only ended up wasting their time doing it, while in other games like ESO items never get outdated. Another example, is the WOD Garrison, another feature that is now useless and still cost 5k to upgrade to level 3. Many of these pointless content gaps create a poor gameplay experience.

Right now, with Shadowlands, get nothing truly interesting to keep the players "playing" the game.Torghast is one example of how poorly this feature was designed, it feels that the devs doesn't even play their game. Its not even fun to play this feature again once you are done with it. Also the size of the zones and how they were created demonstrate how they really cut budget into creating something more original and complete to play, just check how few World Quests we get now + the lack of activities that we can do at level 60.

And lets not forget about the people who were fired during COVID while the CEO earns millions of US Dollars in bonus.

I don't blame Activision, i blame Blizzard. Blizzard is the one making all the important DEVs to retire or leave the company, even when the game they have created still last until today. If you guys actually remember, one of the main reasons why Chris Metzen retired from Blizzard, was because the stress and panic attacks he was having for working for them. Inside those walls of Blizzard, the quality of the working environment is not good at all.
    That doesn't really matter to my words, the fact of the matter is that they (apparantly) exhibit such strong emotions towards a product that they allow it to shape their thoughts and actions.

Personally i'd advise someone like that to either create their own under-their-control fan spin-off or something of the like rather than waste their frustrations venting about companies and products over which they have neither practical control nor a right to control.

Its not about making money only. Its about giving Quality. And right now they are lacking. Same reason people complains on MMO Champ about WoW and not the WoW Forums (They quit their subs).
    sorry but no, they are busines their goal is to make money, if they can do it with lesser quality they will...
    ofc they have to have SOME quality otherwise everyone will leave but i think if wod wasnt low enough point to kill wow then the line is pretty low and they are currently FAR above it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    People want to see Blizzard fall apart so that it can either:
    A) Be rebuilt into something better
    or
    B) Have the talent move to Dreamhaven where their creativity will be free from Activision's corporate influence
    i always love the "corporate influence of activision" phrase (or similar) as they joined with activision before wotlk and before that they were part of vivendi... they were never really "non-corporate"...
    i dont like some of their decisions but its all on blizzard, and only outcome of spliting from activision if that ever happened would be degeneration and later death of wow

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    That doesn't really matter to my words, the fact of the matter is that they (apparantly) exhibit such strong emotions towards a product that they allow it to shape their thoughts and actions.

Personally i'd advise someone like that to either create their own under-their-control fan spin-off or something of the like rather than waste their frustrations venting about companies and products over which they have neither practical control nor a right to control.
    Strong emotions, doesnt sounds like a way to describe it. Its called "Hobby". I dont feel anything for a game and just like i did, if i dont like it i move to another. And since i dont have a subscription i not able to post on WoW General Forums. But since i have also being here in MMO Champion for around 7 years, i can tell you that the only reason i keep looking at MMO Champ, is like everyone else do it, just to check any news on Blizzard (WoW included).

Now since this thread is called "Ex-players cheering for the game to fail.", i'm just giving my opinion why me (ex-player) want the game to fail (in this case it actually do) and see how many players also agree with me about Shadowlands and today content.

So dont get me wrong, the company is doing poorly these days making the games...

Strong emotions, doesnt sounds like a way to describe it. Its called "Hobby". I dont feel anything for a game and just like i did, if i dont like it i move to another. And since i dont have a subscription i not able to post on WoW General Forums. But since i have also being here in MMO Champion for around 7 years, i can tell you that the only reason i keep looking at MMO Champ, is like everyone else do it, just to check any news on Blizzard (WoW included).

Now since this thread is called "Ex-players cheering for the game to fail.", i'm just giving my opinion why me (ex-player) want the game to fail (in this case it actually do) and see how many players also agree with me about Shadowlands and today content.

So dont get me wrong, the company is doing poorly these days making the games...
    I have many hobbies, yet none cause quite the sort of behaviour as these people exhibit, while i do have naturally inhibited emotions through disease and other means. This is one of the reasons why emotion seems like it would explain much of the difference.

As to the rest: i use mmo to keep up to date as well, and to see if and when it is worthwhile to play (though mostly being limited by factors other than WoW's current quality). I have, however, no reason to want to see it fail, save perhaps for curiosity regarding the way such a thing would happen.
    The latter part is why i speak of emotion: i do not see why you would care if Blizzard fails, as the only way that would benefit you is through emotional gratification, or so it seems to me.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The game receives plenty of development input, it is the input being ignored that leads to players being pissed off and some wanting to see the game fail. I'm in the category of "pissed off by shit design; I want them to fix said design because I'd like the game to be good".
    People like this also generally assume dev input is ignored, when really they mean what they wanted was ignored. Many people on MMO-C don't realise they are the minority when it comes to many decisions made by Devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    People like this also generally assume dev input is ignored, when really they mean what they wanted was ignored. Many people on MMO-C don't realise they are the minority when it comes to many decisions made by Devs.
    Hang on, you mean that one guy who quote blocked me and gave my idea a thumbs up doesn't mean 100% of the playerbase agrees with me?

I get it that wishing something to fail because it's not what you like isn't particularly helpful. We are, however, dealing with a company that is no longer the same company that created great games that a lot of people grew up playing. WoW itself was much more immersive and interesting in the Vanilla-TBC-WotLK era mostly because of the way the story was presented, the difficulty and the fact that our characters were important adventurers, not some sort of chosen one, the 'champion'. There are other issues as well.

Such a reaction is to be expected. People don't like losing anything that is important for them. It is a natural response, even if it's not a logical one.

I, myself, have to admit to feeling 'avenged' when I see them make blunders. The company that made Diablo 2, Warcraft 2 and 3, Starcraft (and to some extent SC2), and the original WoW being this soulless husk now is truly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Agreed. Perhaps Blizzard can invest some of their billions of profits into creating a WoW patch that helps players quit the game in low, easily digestible dosages?
    Looks like that's what they're already doing.

Sorry couldn't help it don't mean to be snarky just joking around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    Yeah because corporate profits are directly correlated to quality products. Does McDonald's have the best burger?

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    #TouchGrass.
    ...What the fuck does this even mean?

Like, I'm not surprised that somebody that feels the need to post their garbage while hiding behind a burner account is going to say weird shit, but come on man.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah because corporate profits are directly correlated to quality products. Does McDonald's have the best burger?
    that... have nothing to do with my comment? im sorry, was this supposed to react to someone else? bcs i didnt mention quality at all, at least not in that comment you reacted to...
    and in the other comment that did mention quality i literaly said they dont have to care about quality as long as they make profit...

Activision and Blizzard exist solely to make money for their shareholders, just like any other publicly owned company. That is how capitalism works.
    WoW is probably still very profitable after more than 15 years. Last year Blizzard had a revenue of almost 2 billion US dollars. How much of that revenue is WoW is hard to say, but probably a considerable amount.

People who have quit and don't like the company are completely irrelevant for Blizzard, just as they would be for any other company, as such people are very unlikely to become customers again.

MMO-champion has also become much more "negative" in the last years, not because, or not solely because, that people hate WoW more, but because all the theory-crafting, raid discussion and other discussions regarding the co-operative and competitive aspects of WoW have moved completely away from this site.
    So a lot of the people that actively play and enjoy the game aren't here any-more.
    Just look at the class-forums. They were full of discussions, guides etc., now they are a wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    I, myself, have to admit to feeling 'avenged' when I see them make blunders. The company that made Diablo 2, Warcraft 2 and 3, Starcraft (and to some extent SC2), and the original WoW being this soulless husk now is truly sad.
    It isn't a soulless husk though. That is just what you are calling it so you can justify the hate and feel "avengend" when they screw up. There is nothing to avenge. There is no harm. People have changed. Games have changed. Companies have changed. Blizzard is still the same company as it was before. There are still long time employees working there. There is still a founder working there. Just because the high profile names have left doesn't mean it is empty now.

These are all scapegoats and unhealthy ones at that when you actively look for them to fail are screw up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I have never seen "ex-WoW players" who are "cheering" for WoW to fail. On the contrary: they hope it would get better, because they loved it once and would like to come back again.

. - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

Dreadlord
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I have never seen "ex-WoW players" who are "cheering" for WoW to fail. On the contrary: they hope it would get better, because they loved it once and would like to come back again.
    I am the living example for this heartbreaking Status