Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
24
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Bloodsail Admiral Alkizon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'm in the category of "pissed off by shit design; I want them to fix said design because I'd like the game to be good".
    I'm also perhaps see myself in this category, but problem is that there is certain area that can knock me out of state of balance, causing more expressive criticism/pretensions. Now this is rarely touched upon, but this continues to be the place, that evokes in me a very specific emotional perception of what is happening...

    However, when it comes to general issues, first of all, discussed idea/mechanics is passed through the filter of requirements/design rules: passes without problems - good, gets stuck - bad; it helps to be more detached, to abstract from personal emotional fluctuations.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-04-23 at 06:06 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    the massive lose of subs a few months after the expac comes out starting in wod. people only unsub when they don't have content. this means people don't think there is enough meaningful content outside of end game. notice how vanilla, tbc, wrath, and cata (to an extent. cata started the whole nerfing entire raid tiers) didn't lose massive amounts of players in a short time frame? if blizz can't even keep a steady amount of players, the game isn't thriving.
    Citation please. Show me proof of these massive sub losses.

  3. #263
    OP has never reponded to this thread. This thread is a troll thread. I know you all know this. I know im pointing out the obvious. But this is pure trash.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The player base doesn't know what it wants. It thinks, it, dies, but when it gets it they become up in arms about it existing.
    That's either because "the player base" isn't homogenized and you're seeing outrage from a different group of people from the ones who wanted the change... or because blizzard has a propensity to corrupt-a-wish, acting like a sly genie.

    Example:
    "Sure! We'll give you flying for all current zones!"
    *releases new zone immediately after flying is earned*
    "What do you mean? This is a new zone! Of course you can't fly here!"

    Sometimes they know damn well what players want and just flat don't want to give it to them, so they find some busted way to simultaneously give it to them AND also keep whatever bullshit they didn't want to remove or change.

  5. #265
    Dreadlord Necrosaro123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eversong Woods
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    OP has never reponded to this thread. This thread is a troll thread. I know you all know this. I know im pointing out the obvious. But this is pure trash.
    I also believe the same. But he is kinda right about it. I started hating Blizzard more and more by each year. Specially since BFA and Shadowlands.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    I also believe the same. But he is kinda right about it. I started hating Blizzard more and more by each year. Specially since BFA and Shadowlands.
    I didnt. Im super mad at blizz right now because i can even see a path through this this... but im a player, not an investor (i WAS an investor). But i didnt at any point believe they were trying to screw me personally. He's trolling.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-04-23 at 11:49 PM.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Citation please. Show me proof of these massive sub losses.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/superda...n-phase-321234

    "World of Warcraft player numbers fell back to normal levels as the excitement around November’s Shadowlands expansion subsided. From November to January, revenue fell by 61% and user numbers declined by 41% (these figures do not include China)."

    and keep in mind, this was BEFORE we knew anything about the massive wait for 9.1.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/superda...n-phase-321234

    "World of Warcraft player numbers fell back to normal levels as the excitement around November’s Shadowlands expansion subsided. From November to January, revenue fell by 61% and user numbers declined by 41% (these figures do not include China)."

    and keep in mind, this was BEFORE we knew anything about the massive wait for 9.1.
    The claim was that older expansions did not lose subs so fast as SL has done.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/superda...n-phase-321234

    "World of Warcraft player numbers fell back to normal levels as the excitement around November’s Shadowlands expansion subsided. From November to January, revenue fell by 61% and user numbers declined by 41% (these figures do not include China)."

    and keep in mind, this was BEFORE we knew anything about the massive wait for 9.1.
    They werne't talking bout subs there. They were talking about MAU's.So, not proof of sub loss.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    The claim was that older expansions did not lose subs so fast as SL has done.
    so... what i said is true then... a massive amount of sub losses... what is your point?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They werne't talking bout subs there. They were talking about MAU's.So, not proof of sub loss.
    why you lie? no where was monthly active users mentioned... use FACTS to convince me.

  11. #271
    All that I know is I don't play non pserver WoW anymore because Activision-Blizzard decided not to take a buying power hit to make the prices fair in countries where the exchange rate is getting out of hand like most companies generally do, now they just charge the exact exchanged amount for game time and that is going to hurt them, I know 6 people who quit and one of the biggest complaints is the monthly cost vs the value you get which is only Classic and Retail, which don't get content updates hardly at all and they keep pushing timelines so what are you paying for? The servers are pretty much all automated now and need little to no human intervention.

    My suggestion is Blizzard makes every game in the b.net launcher available at the WoW sub fee or drop it altogether. They need to add far more value to their sub now or they will fade away, and 15 versions of WoW won't cut it with no way to pay for each version individually.

    Until that happens pservers for me YARRRR HARRR HARRRR.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    so... what i said is true then... a massive amount of sub losses... what is your point?
    The claim from one person in this thread was that SL has lost subscribers faster after launch than older expansions.
    You never gave data that gave us the opportunity to compare the speed which SL has lost subscribers after launch compared to older expansions.

    And from your own quote: "World of Warcraft player numbers fell back to normal levels..." So that can interpreted as this is a normal occurrence - a big spike at launch and then a drop. Nowhere in your quote is it suggested that the fall in subscribers is exceptional.

    I would praise you for finding some data that can shed a light on this, but we still lack data so we can compare the relative loss of subscribers after the launch of with other expansions.

    Added: Just to make it clear: I am in no way disputing that SL has lost subscribers after launch. But the question still remains: Is the relative drop something exceptional or not? That we don't have data on.
    Last edited by T-34; 2021-04-23 at 05:55 PM.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    The claim from one person in this thread was that SL has lost subscribers faster after launch than older expansions.
    You never gave data that gave us the opportunity to compare the speed which SL has lost subscribers after launch compared to older expansions.

    And from your own quote: "World of Warcraft player numbers fell back to normal levels..." So that can interpreted as this is a normal occurrence - a big spike at launch and then a drop. Nowhere in your quote is it suggested that the fall in subscribers is exceptional.

    I would praise you for finding some data that can shed a light on this, but we still lack data so we can compare the relative loss of subscribers after the launch of with other expansions.

    Added: Just to make it clear: I am in no way disputing that SL has lost subscribers after launch. But the question still remains: Is the relative drop something exceptional or not? That we don't have data on.
    fair enough. I didn't give the relevant comparative information.

    https://venturebeat.com/2020/12/08/w...c-game-launch/

    Blizz doesn't give us direct sub numbers so we can't exactly compare one for one but we can get a close estimate. in this article, blizz claims "Shadowlands, sold over 3.7 million copies on its launch day, November 23. That breaks the record for biggest launch day for any PC game, beating out the 3.5 million copies Blizzard’s own Diablo III managed back in 2012." this means that means wow hasn't been this successful since mid cataclysm (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...aft:_Cataclysm). mid cataclysm had about 10 million players (source: http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/gl...915/915591.png) so that means wow at the very least reach 10 million people and lost 4 million in the first three months.

    now we have to consider the much longer than average wait for 9.1, the lack of communication, and the bandaid fixes months after we find a rather fatally bad design decision, this supports the premise that people are leaving in droves. do i have proof that wow has lost anymore sub since the superdata article came out? no. the only people who know for sure is blizzard. but all the signs point the shadowlands being an even bigger disappointment than wod.

    That's the premise, the data, the logical arguments, and why i believe i am right. i would expect a just as thorough rebuttal if you want to try and convince me otherwise.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The majority of the playerbase is playing the game and doesn't spend their time whining on forums. Where are you getting your metrics from? How did you come to the conclusion that the majority of the playerbase thinks the game is garbage?

    Oh boy, can't wait for the well thought of, and well documented answer you'll give to this post, if any.
    The game is garbage, people quit playing, that's why we saw a MASSIVE drop in player activity between Q4(Shadowlands release) and Q1.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The game is garbage, people quit playing, that's why we saw a MASSIVE drop in player activity between Q4(Shadowlands release) and Q1.
    Or many of those people could play the first bit of an expansion and drop it til later like they have done for multiple expansions in a row. I love people just assuming 'game is garbage, everyone leaves' or 'game is dying' with how many years of the same thing going on? Again where are the sub numbers, do you have them?

  16. #276
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Or many of those people could play the first bit of an expansion and drop it til later like they have done for multiple expansions in a row. I love people just assuming 'game is garbage, everyone leaves' or 'game is dying' with how many years of the same thing going on? Again where are the sub numbers, do you have them?
    Maybe, but you'd have to provide hard proof of it if you want to be taken seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

  17. #277
    WoW is an MMO that people typically play for several years and get very invested in, and it's also a very very expensive game. Box price+expansions+monthly sub+premium services all of which are priced quiet highly. When people turn away from an investment like that, I think it's easy for their feelings to turn to resentment. They want to see things that justify why they turned away from that investment.

    And then on the flip side, you have the people who are still playing and enjoying the game. They're also subject to that sense of investment, but inversely it can turn into white-knighting and intense defense against criticism of the game. They want to see things that justify their continuing investment in it.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2021-04-23 at 09:45 PM.

  18. #278
    Herald of the Titans Vorkreist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Twitch chat
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    I am personally cheering for Blizzard-Activision to fail, I always hated the merge and it's obvious that it wasn't healthy for Blizzard or their games
    Fuck Activision
    Today's Blizzard is just a ghoulish organization that has the sole goal and focus to tarnish and wreck every legendary franchise into the ground
    Every talent left already hence the inability to make anything past remakes and remasters of the great titles of the past.
    There is nothing left to praise or care for when it comes to Blizzard. No more value and creativity to make a decent product only the directives of the Goblin King Bobby.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Or many of those people could play the first bit of an expansion and drop it til later like they have done for multiple expansions in a row. I love people just assuming 'game is garbage, everyone leaves' or 'game is dying' with how many years of the same thing going on? Again where are the sub numbers, do you have them?
    If the game wasn't garbage players wouldn't leave, it's a pretty simple concept that you can't seem to grasp.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    If the game wasn't garbage players wouldn't leave, it's a pretty simple concept that you can't seem to grasp.
    Real life commitments so someone might not have time. Only play for new content and sub on major patches. Moves on to a new genre of games. Dies irl and thus can’t game anymore. Has a family now and can’t play anymore. Refuses to play Blizz games for reason X (boycot, someone left, etc.). Just stops playing because current patch or expansion isn’t worth the money or time.

    Like fucking pick one or many others. There are fucking tons of reasons why someone would stop playing besides “game is trash”.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •