Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    the massive lose of subs a few months after the expac comes out starting in wod. people only unsub when they don't have content. this means people don't think there is enough meaningful content outside of end game. notice how vanilla, tbc, wrath, and cata (to an extent. cata started the whole nerfing entire raid tiers) didn't lose massive amounts of players in a short time frame? if blizz can't even keep a steady amount of players, the game isn't thriving.
    This is silly.

    Its not the content, its the design of Blizzard that changed things, it stopped artificially locking everything and added catch up systems for everyone.

    If they go back to requiring you to do the dungeon 30 times with the tabard to reach revered to unlock the M+ of it, just so you can pretend to have content, would you really prefer that? I know i would unsub cause irrelevant joke content isnt my thing.

    People need to understand the gaming world has changed and Blizzard knows this, hence the changes, no one wants to play 50 hours to unlock things anymore, they have other 3242342 games to play, quick fixes of 30mins-2 hours is the game design goal for the last 5-6 years.

    You guys need to understand this isnt a tiny game, its a 16 year old game with 200 million unique accounts averagely, their last report was 150 million accounts 8 years ago or so, so you know how this number comes up.

    The design changed to entertaining those accounts for a brief period of time as often as possible, not to keep them playing 24/7, there are other 3423423 games out there, that the average person can play without the hassle.

    Thats why the game goes back to over 10-12 million accounts for 2 months each expansion launch, then decays, and refreshes each up, only to decay again, and to go back to the same boom of 12 million accounts on each expansion release, do you really thin its the same exact 12 million players?

    WoTLK started seeing a decline when the majority realized they were done gearing up, after 5 years of always playing "catch up" , they were finally given freebie gear, it took averagely 6 months before people started disappearing, and this showed on every other catch up mechanic since then.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    you are generalizing way too much. also blizzard ignores all feedback even constructive. they only care about money. they have a lawyer in charge of WoW who is pro mythic and hates alts. that should say a lot.
    Oh no a lawyer. As opposed to a marine biologist? Or any number of other professions that led a person to game design. Blizzard also does listen to feedback and even in recent years have made changes based on feedback. What says a lot is how you dismiss any sort of reason for irrational hate of Blizzard.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #43
    Guilty as charged, I'm still subbed from my gold reserves but I want to see it burn. The sooner all their talent leaves the sooner we can get decent games again.

  4. #44
    For WoW I usually find that things get better when things become obviously bad enough for blizzard to change stuff.

    These people that act like this are no different from the joke that “rich/powerful fanatics believing the world is corrupted/flawed and the only way to save it is to usher in the end of days to then deliver humanity to paradise” shpeel.

  5. #45
    Stood in the Fire keelr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kun Lai Summit
    Posts
    393
    People who quit the game and then blame it on Activision are one of my favourite comedy content. I'm glad i can read them cry how activision destroyed their beloved games.

    More seriously: This a common thing. When people stop enjoying something, they need to blame it something/someone. WoW quitters are blaming it on the current "meta" always. Before Activision it was Vivendi.

    Just look at Jeff Kaplan's leaving:everybody is spamming that HAHA trash company everybody is leaving/ leaving the sinking ship/ Blizzard has no future. That guy worked at blizzard for 19 years. I have a lot of friends who are successful engineers/businessman and i cant recall them calling more than 10years at one company.

    For them Blizzard will always be the sinking ship because they don't like the games anymore but it would hurt them if they would be successful since 'How can something be successful when i dont enjoy it anymore?' mindset it taking over for them.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Oh, Blizzard stopped releasing their subscriber numbers yet you somehow still have access to them. Care to share your source?

    - - - Updated - - -



    When "ignoring feedback" simply means "not doing exactly what I think is best," it's hard to process that take seriously.
    have ever been in any beta forums at anytime?
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    Guilty as charged, I'm still subbed from my gold reserves but I want to see it burn. The sooner all their talent leaves the sooner we can get decent games again.
    Or no games. You do understand what "I want to see it burn" means right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Oh no a lawyer. As opposed to a marine biologist? Or any number of other professions that led a person to game design. Blizzard also does listen to feedback and even in recent years have made changes based on feedback. What says a lot is how you dismiss any sort of reason for irrational hate of Blizzard.
    i dont have irrational hate.
    i hate specific people in blizzard. Ion being one of them. i think they could do a better job but i doubt it will happen without a massive team shift.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  9. #49
    Schadenfreude is a complex emotion where, rather than feeling sympathy, one takes pleasure from watching someone's misfortune. This emotion is displayed more in children than adults. However, adults also experience schadenfreude, although generally they conceal it.
    EXCEPT when you're anonymous on a forum... then you just let it rip.

  10. #50
    Herald of the Titans Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    At the risk of sounding elitist... insensitive... etc. I think that most (not all, but most) of the issues that I read here on MMOC can be corrected by people taking a different approach to how they play this game. 3 simple words... Join a guild.

    "Shadowlands sucks, I spend 11 hours in M+ queue a day"
    Join a guild that does M+

    "There's so social aspect anymore. People hearth as soon as the raid/dungeon boss is dead"
    Join a guild where people talk/socialize

    "The requirements for group finder are so steep. People want me to link 5 mythic kills for Heroic Sire"
    Join a guild that raids heroic CN.

    I'm not saying that WoW isn't riddled with issues... it is. But if your issues are similar to the above, I would argue that you can fix them yourself without relying on Blizzard. Without joining a guild, WoW is a much much much worse video game. I tried it myself just to see, and I hated.

    I know this doesn't cover all of what you are talking about OP, but to those who dropped Shadowlands for reasons similar to the ones I listed, I think if they came back and changed their approach, there is fun to be had here. Pugging anything < Running with Guild.
    Hey what game are you playing? Guild Wars?
    Wanna suggest what people should do? Join a guild for that.

    That's how you sound.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

    <~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Well, you see, for these players it's just as easy as Blizzard re-releasing {insert favorite expansion here} and all of the game's current issues will vanish. The fact that Blizzard doesn't just re-release previously successful expansions based entirely on an arbitrary opinion of one single players' experience is the real reason WoW is failing. If Blizzard really wanted the game to be successful, they'd just allow millions of versions of it to exist so that every unique player can get the exact experience they desire from it.
    MoP. Its MoP.


    Blizzard just doesnt know how to make fun games anymore. Just look at the Maw and Torghast. They just copied a few things from 2 popular genres and they dont even understand why these genres are popular and fun. Losing half your Stygia when you die in a nasty and terrible zone? Yeah, thats what was most fun about Dark Souls, Duh. Also can you really give a shit about your 600th mount that you wont use ever?

    WoW is not failing financially but only because Activision bleeds their customers dry. WoW is failing because they alienate the core audience who made that game great in the first place.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Hey what game are you playing? Guild Wars?
    Wanna suggest what people should do? Join a guild for that.

    That's how you sound.
    I mean he has the most rational post in this whole nonsense hyperbole thread. If you don't like pugging stop pugging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    have ever been in any beta forums at anytime?
    What relevance does that have to anything? There is no universal standard for good or bad feedback so players will simply use any time that Blizzard didn't do exactly what they thought they should do as an example that they "ignored feedback."

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    WoW is failing because they alienate the core audience who made that game great in the first place.
    You mean the core audience in your eyes lmao, these forums are such a joke, they try so hard to claim that their opinion and vision of the game is somehow a fact, what a meme.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    i dont have irrational hate.
    i hate specific people in blizzard. Ion being one of them. i think they could do a better job but i doubt it will happen without a massive team shift.
    Bringing up things like being a lawyer and saying all feedback is ignored is irrational. A past job or training doesn't have much to do with game design especially from those that have been in it for years now. It used to be most popular mod designers used to get job offers from game design companies. It didn't require any formal training or special degree and realistically still does not. It is just a lot harder to get in then it used to be because there are hundreds looking for entry level jobs that are not very rewarding in both time and money.

    And we know Blizzard listens to feedback. Deciding to do something based on feedback is hit or miss and sometimes the reasoning Blizzard uses to ignore certain feedback is sound. Or they have access to heat maps, usage, and other such data that goes against the feedback of the vocal minority or vocal majority when cases like that exist. Look at the recent anima achievements where people still complained but you get be drowning in Anima now if you just play the game a little bit.

    So yes I think it is fair to say you are being a little bit irrational when you are using stupid generalizations to try to make a point.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What relevance does that have to anything? There is no universal standard for good or bad feedback so players will simply use any time that Blizzard didn't do exactly what they thought they should do as an example that they "ignored feedback."
    i will take that as a no.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    You mean the core audience in your eyes lmao, these forums are such a joke, they try so hard to claim that their opinion and vision of the game is somehow a fact, what a meme.
    I wasn't even trying to bait anybody with that post. I thought the satire was pretty obvious but that dude took it seriously anyway...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    i will take that as a no.
    If you're not going to bother reading my post please don't reply back to me.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Bringing up things like being a lawyer and saying all feedback is ignored is irrational. A past job or training doesn't have much to do with game design especially from those that have been in it for years now. It used to be most popular mod designers used to get job offers from game design companies. It didn't require any formal training or special degree and realistically still does not. It is just a lot harder to get in then it used to be because there are hundreds looking for entry level jobs that are not very rewarding in both time and money.

    And we know Blizzard listens to feedback. Deciding to do something based on feedback is hit or miss and sometimes the reasoning Blizzard uses to ignore certain feedback is sound. Or they have access to heat maps, usage, and other such data that goes against the feedback of the vocal minority or vocal majority when cases like that exist. Look at the recent anima achievements where people still complained but you get be drowning in Anima now if you just play the game a little bit.

    So yes I think it is fair to say you are being a little bit irrational when you are using stupid generalizations to try to make a point.
    he was better as a raid designer and not someone in charge of WoW.
    yes people bring up his lawyer back ground because of the way he handles interviews and Q&As. he talks around things like a lawyer.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    he was better as a raid designer and not someone in charge of WoW.
    Being the lead raid designer means you were a person in charge of WoW. Thats usually what the title Lead means.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I wasn't even trying to bait anybody with that post. I thought the satire was pretty obvious but that dude took it seriously anyway...

    - - - Updated - - -



    If you're not going to bother reading my post please don't reply back to me.
    I have seen a lot of feedback from Betas(like multiple paragraphs) that were simple solutions to fix issues go ignored.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Being the lead raid designer means you were a person in charge of WoW. Thats usually what the title Lead means.
    you know there is different teams right. Ion was part of the raid team(one aspect of many) until he became in charge of all of WoW.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •