Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    much much truth in this imo.

    Blizz changed from „a dedicated target audience“ to „no traget audience at all, cause try to cater to EVERYONE“.

    3 things about this:

    1)
    MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MAAAAANY „problems“ in game, in current design, in „toxic“ community and in wow general, comes SOLELY from that fact.

    2)
    thats imo a MAIN reason why some ppl are pissed. they committed themselfes to a game, when they were the dedicated target audience. and they invested a lot of time and effort. at some point, blizz decided to piss on that target audience and catered to everyone, which changed the game a lot. that their longterm loyal customer base, that committed themselfes to a totally another game/product, are pissed.... is well understandable. at least to me.

    3)
    the whole wow thing will not end well imo. its like they wanna cater to everyone and try to get everyones dollar, but makes no one happy. ofc, for a while them and Bobby get rich as fuck. but at some point the broad masses lost interest and the longterm loyal customer base had enough to be alienated and playing a game with memories of how it once was.

    in short: Blizz is doing well, for the fast dollar. they make millions and billions with wow as a transport medium for smart cash grab systems like token. but longterm that cant survive imo, because the transport medium is a 16 years old game.
    Here's an uncomfortable hypothetical: Blizzard changes nothing, continues to try to appease their "dedicated target market" (whatever the fuck that means) and the game dies eight years ago because all those dedicated players grew the fuck up and moved the fuck on with their lives. This is known as "going full WildStar." It was dumb as fuck when WildStar was released, it's still dumb as fuck now.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Here's an uncomfortable hypothetical: Blizzard changes nothing, continues to try to appease their "dedicated target market" (whatever the fuck that means) and the game dies eight years ago because all those dedicated players grew the fuck up and moved the fuck on with their lives. This is known as "going full WildStar." It was dumb as fuck when WildStar was released, it's still dumb as fuck now.
    That supposed dedicated target market or audience can still find their content in mythic raiding, but would you look at that, mythic raiding is too much for them so right now they dont even know what they want, its actually hilarious when you read them complaining.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    That supposed dedicated target market or audience can still find their content in mythic raiding, but would you look at that, mythic raiding is too much for them so right now they dont even know what they want, its actually hilarious when you read them complaining.
    Apparently it's 100% reasonable to expect a video game to be appealing to 100% of its audience for the entirety of its existence.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    that said, i indeed somewhat wanna see Blizz fail. fail with this direction and the „press the last $ out of wow“ route they are more and more going. i wanna see THAT fail, wanna see all that cost effective development and smart cash grab supporting game design fail, so Blizz have to start going a different route (which they just do when actual route profitwise not works out).
    I think the word you are looking for is you want them to get better. Failing won't bring about anything you claim to want except basically shutting down WoW for good.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Well, you see, for these players it's just as easy as Blizzard re-releasing {insert favorite expansion here} and all of the game's current issues will vanish. The fact that Blizzard doesn't just re-release previously successful expansions based entirely on an arbitrary opinion of one single players' experience is the real reason WoW is failing. If Blizzard really wanted the game to be successful, they'd just allow millions of versions of it to exist so that every unique player can get the exact experience they desire from it.
    There was a blue post way back, maybe vanilla or BC, that said something to the tune of they could provide everyone with a magical hat that gave them the perfect gaming experience tuned just to them, and people would complain about the color of the hat. Same reason I was against vanilla. "It's not the REAL AV cause it uses X patch, they lied to us." "It's not the REAL vanilla cause we began with the 1.12 talents, they lied to us." So on.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I think the word you are looking for is you want them to get better. Failing won't bring about anything you claim to want except basically shutting down WoW for good.
    This is more like "You don't make me happy anylonger - so I want you to suffer" syndrome.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Pretending that your "favorite take" is the norm is your problem. Just about every take I've seen from ex-players, including myself, has involved them not knowing their audience and trying to warp the game into something that appeals to a broad range of people. Casualizing the experience so ma and pa can play WoW too! Adding in farmville-esque systems to get the boomers involved! Making a game called WARcraft kid-friendly!
    The audience for WoW is broad. That is the biggest problem when someone claims to have the answer for why the game is failing. Or thinks they are the target audience so why can't the game be for the target audience. There is no one type of player Blizzard is targetting with the game. That may be the problem but don't try to think for a second that you, or others, are special and the only true type of player for Blizzard and WoW.

    There are no farmville-esque features in WoW. That right there shows that you don't care about the target audience but simply stupid stereotypes in order to justify to yourself why you no longer like the game. It is a 17 year old game. It either changes or dies. As classic has shown that nostalgia and "no changes" isn't enough by itself. Everything has changed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Apparently it's 100% reasonable to expect a video game to be appealing to 100% of its audience for the entirety of its existence.
    Pretty much, if people were a bit more reasonable they would realize that WoW nowadays tries to have content for every single player out there, since their playerbase as of right now is very wide, so as a dev you need to find a middle ground, the part where i agree with blizz tho is that they havent catered to solo players, they dont cater to solo players and i hope they never do, which doesnt mean there shouldnt be content for them cause there is, but catering to them is a whole diff thing that should never happen otherwise may as well remove the MMO tag.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    "Everyone can do the content! All you have to do is...
    You don't need addons to do most of the content. Nor are they that complicated when 99.9% of the "required" ones are simply install and forget. You don't need to analyze your logs or sim. Just look at a guide to show what is best for your characters. You don't need to watch hours of videos or streamers. The mechanics are not that extreme after 16 years.

    The community can be elitist but it isn't that bad outside if random pugs. If you are spending hundreds of dollars on faction and server transfers then the problem might be more with you then the community. You don't have to perform perfectly in dungeons when you run them the first time. Most of your list is self imposed things. Which might be why you claim it is daunting because you create an arbitrary list to justify when you don't want to play or come back.

    That stuff is also par for the course for MMO's and group play. People don't want to waste their time and some are more toxic then others.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I think the word you are looking for is you want them to get better. Failing won't bring about anything you claim to want except basically shutting down WoW for good.
    yeah, ofc. thats why i said i dont think „these individuals wanna see wow or blizz fail, in general. they wanna see modern blizz or modern wow fail, for their descisions they made, hoping they change their mind.

    imo.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The community can be elitist but it isn't that bad outside if random pugs. If you are spending hundreds of dollars on faction and server transfers then the problem might be more with you then the community. You don't have to perform perfectly in dungeons when you run them the first time. Most of your list is self imposed things. Which might be why you claim it is daunting because you create an arbitrary list to justify when you don't want to play or come back.
    Everyone always says this when I mention that I've had a hard time with socializing and with finding guilds, which just feeds into my depression and loneliness more. I feel like because of my struggles I don't deserve to have friends and don't have a place in this game at all. I fully admit that I'm not the most socially adept person and I seem to have quirks that turn people off. I don't know what the exact issue is but I've tried to find that good "forever guild family" since my EverQuest days.

    But, I keep trying.

    I wouldn't say those other things are self imposed though. What do you think would be the result if I tried to do group content without doing any of that I mentioned? I've broken down crying in real life because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get weak auras to work properly, so I would very much gladly like to ignore them, but I just feel like that's not really allowed these days.

  12. #132
    @otaXephon

    Yo, do you ever post anything that is blatantly snotty analyzing of other peoples opinions? Everything you wrote in this thread is on the pretense that everyone who has any criticism of Blizzard is a total moron and just doesn't get the meta. Its all textbook passive agressive.

    "oh maybe they will make the greatest game ever and everyone will love it."

    Is that a real thing you actually think can happen? You over saturate every thread you are in with your snarky musings on how feedback and opinions work. Then you default to "all feedback is subjective therefore there is no good feedback" bullcrap. It is a FORUM. Stop policing it please. Nobody asked you to.

  13. #133
    Funny thing is once diablo immortal drops ironically they will become immortal themselfs soon! they can cheer all they want mobile brings so much money its stupid good vs there pc games.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah, ofc. thats why i said i dont think „these individuals wanna see wow or blizz fail, in general. they wanna see modern blizz or modern wow fail, for their descisions they made, hoping they change their mind. imo.
    Failing is Failing. Wanting to see modern WoW fail still means that WoW would shut down. Again the word you are looking for is improve. You, and others, want to see them improve. And stop doing the things you don't like even though a lot of those have been in the game for a decade now or were never things Blizzard wanted to avoid.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #135
    Because if they don't like it, then nobody deserves to play it, or some other flawed line of logic like that.

    Or because they want Blizzard to be taught a lesson, not sure what good thats gonna be when the entire game shuts down but who cares about logic.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2021-04-21 at 01:28 AM.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I wouldn't say those other things are self imposed though. What do you think would be the result if I tried to do group content without doing any of that I mentioned? I've broken down crying in real life because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get weak auras to work properly, so I would very much gladly like to ignore them, but I just feel like that's not really allowed these days.
    You don't have to watch streamers or hours of gameplay to do the encounters of WoW. Dungeons or Raids. Normal mode can be practiced with LFR and hasn't been difficult for years. You don't need to min max your character for normal mode raiding or spend hours research every little last detail. The only real addons that are expected is dbm or whatever equivalent exists unless you are a healer. Healing can be a little tough with out something like Vuhdoo to click frames to heal better.

    You can play just fine with DBM at default settings. If you are good with the class or understand how things work then you can pick up a lot of the stuff relatively easily. I haven't played a tank since Cataclysm but I still could pick up and do a decent job at it today. Things are not that complicated and most of the encounters are not that complicated now a days.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-04-21 at 01:31 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't have to watch streamers or hours of gameplay to do the encounters of WoW. Dungeons or Raids. Normal mode can be practiced with LFR and hasn't been difficult for years. You don't need to min max your character for normal mode raiding or spend hours research every little last detail. The only real addons that are expected is dbm or whatever equivalent exists.

    You can play just fine with DBM at default settings.
    DBM, Dominos and Details are the three addons I know how to use. Weakauras was just the one that defeated me, but that seems borderline required by most people these days. That's just what worries me.

    Was never aiming to be a champion or anything and I'd be happy just finding a guild that does normal/heroic raiding, and would be willing to take me to lower key M+ dungeons.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    DBM, Dominos and Details are the three addons I know how to use. Weakauras was just the one that defeated me, but that seems borderline required by most people these days. That's just what worries me. Was never aiming to be a champion or anything and I'd be happy just finding a guild that does normal/heroic raiding, and would be willing to take me to lower key M+ dungeons.
    Those 3 addons are more then sufficient for even Mythic raiding and high keys. Weak auras isn't exactly needed since Blizzard has done a good job for most stuff in the default UI but there are also a lot of guides that have ones you can import then tweak images or such. Guilds that require a whole bunch of complex things are just remnants of the past. You can easily pug low keys (1-5) now with no really requirements others then item level. As a DPS though you compete against hundreds of others.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    As a DPS though you compete against hundreds of others.
    Which sucks because my main before I left was a mage, and if/when I come back I'm considering changing to rogue or warlock. xD

    All the more reason I want to find a guild, so I don't have to stress over competition or worrying about matching up to the standards that new baked in raiderio is going to bring. I'm just trying to find inclusion.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    @otaXephon

    Yo, do you ever post anything that is blatantly snotty analyzing of other peoples opinions? Everything you wrote in this thread is on the pretense that everyone who has any criticism of Blizzard is a total moron and just doesn't get the meta. Its all textbook passive agressive.

    "oh maybe they will make the greatest game ever and everyone will love it."

    Is that a real thing you actually think can happen? You over saturate every thread you are in with your snarky musings on how feedback and opinions work. Then you default to "all feedback is subjective therefore there is no good feedback" bullcrap. It is a FORUM. Stop policing it please. Nobody asked you to.
    Hey man, thanks for the honest feedback. I really appreciate it. : - )

    I'm glad you're a fan of my content. I've been floating the idea of starting a Patreon so that fans like you can contribute to it and help make it easier for me to continue sharing my unique perspective on this website. DM me and I'll give you the deets. Anyway, take it easy out there my guy. I'd hate to see you accidentally mistake blatant sarcasm as serious conjecture.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •