Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Well, you see, for these players it's just as easy as Blizzard re-releasing {insert favorite expansion here} and all of the game's current issues will vanish. The fact that Blizzard doesn't just re-release previously successful expansions based entirely on an arbitrary opinion of one single players' experience is the real reason WoW is failing. If Blizzard really wanted the game to be successful, they'd just allow millions of versions of it to exist so that every unique player can get the exact experience they desire from it.
    The crazy thing is they're doing literally exactly that for the forseeable future and yet we still get these kinds of naysayers.

    I play WoW because I enjoy it. When I stop enjoying it, I stop playing.

    I'll criticize the game when I'm actively enjoying it but think some elements could be better, but I'd never want for it to fail. (like overall being invested enough in BFA to keep playing but not wanting azerite armor to persist into next expansion and wanting for outlaw rogues to get back curse of the dreadblades, as some examples. Both wishes granted, by the way, thank you Blizzard.)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-04-21 at 02:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  2. #142
    Why shouldn't someone who is unhappy with Blizzard want them to fail? Blizzard failing would send a message to the rest of the gaming industry that what Blizzard did -- the thing that made the person unhappy -- didn't work. That would be of benefit to that person, certainly more beneficial to them than the gaming industry seeing that approach as a winner.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You might be sarcastic, but isn't that the dream of people here since we both joined in 2008? All these threads claiming:
    -Age of Conan will be different and appeal to the masses and kill WoW
    -Aion will be different and appeal to the masses and kill WoW
    -Warhammer will be different and appeal to the masses and kill WoW
    -Wildstar will be different and appeal to the masses and kill WoW
    -Ashes of Creation will be different and appeal to the masses and kill WoW
    -New World will be different and appeal to the masses and kill WoW

    ...and many more that look promising...or maybe not? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH-QTKJqB5A

    Over the years you had massive franchises like Star Wars, LotR and soon a company like Amazon backing MMOs and trying to make the next HUGE thing to dominate the market. Well...it should be so easy. Just listen to the feedback here on MMO-C of the ppl who truly know why WoW is "the sinking ship" "dying" and how it all could be solved.

    (....yeah, I know there are a few MMOs that managed to secure a fanbase and are still active)
    Honestly, I'd say that it's best to also note how those MMOs that do have fanbases are very different from WoW in nature. Note how EVE Online has its own sort of players - I imagine if there's going to be another big MMO, it will probably be more distinct from WoW than most other MMOs.

  4. #144
    Why are you being sarcastic when there is no need to be. Your entire response is sarcasm. How is that constructive? I think your content is terrible.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Why shouldn't someone who is unhappy with Blizzard want them to fail? Blizzard failing would send a message to the rest of the gaming industry that what Blizzard did -- the thing that made the person unhappy -- didn't work. That would be of benefit to that person, certainly more beneficial to them than the gaming industry seeing that approach as a winner.
    Because that type of hatred is unhealthy. And yes it is hatred. There is no reason to wish something to fail just because you no longer like it. It also wouldn't send much of a message to the industry. Because it is basic game design for the most part. Even things like the EA backlash with Battlefront loot boxes didn't change the industry. WoW dying wouldn't change much except ensure that MMO's likely wouldn't be much of a thing anymore.

    Because WoW doesn't do anything that unusual from normal and objectively fine design. They have hits and misses but there is a reason why it is considered the standard. And wanting it to fail just because it is the standard is silly and hate just for the sake of it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #146
    I'd love more than anything for a new expansion to come out and be interested in it for more than two months. I'm not cheering for the game to fail, I'm desperate for the game to capture my attention. Unfortunately, I don't think somebody in my position, married with kids -- will ever get to that point of being able to just nerd out on wow and get consumed by it. The bursts are fun. Praying for anything to fail is miserable. I'd say join the party when its exciting to you, be defined by things you like. People generally like to be around others that are defined by positivity. If something doesn't make you happy, just move onto the next thing that makes you happy, stop letting something you hate consume your attention.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Honestly, I'd say that it's best to also note how those MMOs that do have fanbases are very different from WoW in nature. Note how EVE Online has its own sort of players - I imagine if there's going to be another big MMO, it will probably be more distinct from WoW than most other MMOs.
    The best of the 'not-WoW' MMOs are, as you say, different in approach. The 'WoW-killers' are just shadows for the most part, if they still exist.

  8. #148
    Warchief Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    Why are you being sarcastic when there is no need to be. Your entire response is sarcasm. How is that constructive? I think your content is terrible.
    Are you new to the internet, ridiculously naive or something? He has over 10,000 posts so it's unlikely you will get him to just "go away". Don't like someone, put them on ignore and move on. You yelled at him for trying to "police" the discussion - how is your trying to "police" his "nastiness" any different exactly? They're just text on a screen, don't like it, don't look at MMO C threads. Or if you find something interesting in a thread, just put up with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  9. #149
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,357
    Another mmo doesn't have to be a wow killer. The current developers of WoW seem to be a perfectly fine job of killing wow themselves.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    It's all the content outside of the raids that is bad and i want that to improve.
    At this point I don't even care to see them improve the outside world content. I just want to be absolved from needing to do any thing else besides raiding to be as competitive as possible (gear power-wise) while raiding.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Hey man, thanks for the honest feedback. I really appreciate it. : - )

    I'm glad you're a fan of my content. I've been floating the idea of starting a Patreon so that fans like you can contribute to it and help make it easier for me to continue sharing my unique perspective on this website. DM me and I'll give you the deets. Anyway, take it easy out there my guy. I'd hate to see you accidentally mistake blatant sarcasm as serious conjecture.
    You'd have to post anything other then blatant sarcasm first.

  12. #152
    Herald of the Titans Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    At this point I don't even care to see them improve the outside world content. I just want to be absolved from needing to do any thing else besides raiding to be as competitive as possible (gear power-wise) while raiding.
    While I understand this sentiment, I don't think that's a good thing for the game overall. Not anymore. Any time the game outside of raiding is hamstrung to prevent raid-oriented players from feeling compelled to participate, a not insignificant portion of the players are suddenly left out in the cold. It doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

  13. #153
    Speaking of original...

  14. #154
    Warchief Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    While I understand this sentiment, I don't think that's a good thing for the game overall. Not anymore. Any time the game outside of raiding is hamstrung to prevent raid-oriented players from feeling compelled to participate, a not insignificant portion of the players are suddenly left out in the cold. It doesn't seem like a great idea to me.
    What do you consider hamstrung? BFA and Legion had a ton of shit to do that many raiders hated, and WoD obviously had too little to do other than raid. And MoP had annoying dailies in the first part of the expansion. But WotLK and other periods seen more widely as "good" such as vanilla and TBC didn't have the endless chore list that Legion and BFA did, or early MoP. Clearly in the past there was times that didn't feel bereft of content for casual players and didn't have the homework assignment motherfuckery of BFA and Legion. So what is so desirable about making content that raiders feel compelled to do in some attempt to appease casual players? Or did you think that Legiondaries and corruption were good design...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  15. #155
    Herald of the Titans Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    What do you consider hamstrung? BFA and Legion had a ton of shit to do that many raiders hated, and WoD obviously had too little to do other than raid. And MoP had annoying dailies in the first part of the expansion. But WotLK and other periods seen more widely as "good" such as vanilla and TBC didn't have the endless chore list that Legion and BFA did, or early MoP. Clearly in the past there was times that didn't feel bereft of content for casual players and didn't have the homework assignment motherfuckery of BFA and Legion. So what is so desirable about making content that raiders feel compelled to do in some attempt to appease casual players? Or did you think that Legiondaries and corruption were good design...
    I consider citing the early game as a fallacy these days. Simply put, questing and professions aren't enough for non-raiding/non-competitive players anymore. They expect more, better curated content, which neither of those two things are. So Blizzard added things like corruption, legendaries, azerite, and other such things because they likely were extremely well liked by that segment of players. I think back to the pre-Legion days with different eyes, because I was a raider then. But on alts I didn't really have much to do besides dailies or professions if I wasn't in a raid. Trying to go back to that doesn't fly with them anymore, and I now understand why.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Trying to go back to that doesn't fly with them anymore, and I now understand why.
    Endless grinds need to die. If they want, add extremely long-term DETERMINISTIC goals to open world if players need something, but let raiders be exempt (i.e. disabling dumb permagrind systems like AP from functioning in raids) or let raiders cap that stuff out way way faster if they do competent raid content.

    Time (especially time spent doing monkey-iq chores) is something I don't want to put into the game unless it's actually something I enjoy.

  17. #157
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,252
    If you do your research you'll discover a large group of MMO-C's active bitchfit club are people who have been "veteran players" for years.
    You ask them "why do you play this game for a decade+ and yet you constantly tell everyone how shit Blizzard is?"

    They usually reply with something along the lines of "because we're fans who don't want the game to die!" or they'll attempt the pseudo-intellectual sarcasm then imply through their words that anyone who disagrees or doesn't understand their point is just a moron.

    I think MMO-C of all forums I frequent has the largest collection of depressed screen junkies trying to creatively insult one another.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Another mmo doesn't have to be a wow killer. The current developers of WoW seem to be a perfectly fine job of killing wow themselves.
    Wow has been dying for 15+ years if you are to believe people on these and other forums. If you don't like it, do something else.

  19. #159
    Herald of the Titans Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Endless grinds need to die. If they want, add extremely long-term DETERMINISTIC goals to open world if players need something, but let raiders be exempt (i.e. disabling dumb permagrind systems like AP from functioning in raids) or let raiders cap that stuff out way way faster if they do competent raid content.

    Time (especially time spent doing monkey-iq chores) is something I don't want to put into the game unless it's actually something I enjoy.
    What about those people who currently raid, but also want relevant progression outside of raiding? (I am/was one of those people in WoD) I feel that you lose world cohesiveness if some systems only work in certain areas, and you wind up making things convoluted just to appease the raider audience that doesn't want anything to do with the world they're playing in.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    What about those people who currently raid, but also want relevant progression outside of raiding? (I am/was one of those people in WoD) I feel that you lose world cohesiveness if some systems only work in certain areas, and you wind up making things convoluted just to appease the raider audience that doesn't want anything to do with the world they're playing in.
    Why do you feel you deserve an advantage just for putting in more time but not having any appreciable skill difference nor doing anything more demanding? Raiding is more a competitive activity than a completion activity, ergo competition should be kept as pure as possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •