Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    R.IO doesn't alienate casuals. It alienates shitty players.

- - - Updated - - -

"Lore is the most important thing to me in my video game where 99% of the gameplay is slaying internet dragons for imaginary loot." -most of this forum, apparently
    It really is crazy to me how seriously everyone takes the lore in this game. It's always been B-movie shlock, even in the RTS days. I'm not saying it's unimportant, but the lore is honestly fine. It's a vessel for Blizzard to develop the game and it's never (and should not be) the forefront.

People just nitpick the crap out of it. Who honestly cares if Arthas / Sylvanas are redeemed?

People need to accept that every person who made WOW:Vanilla have retired.

New WOW is more popular than ever with Danuser at the helm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz did it to themselves.

Their hubris is the reason for their demise and everything that has, and will continue to happen, is justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    What about those people who currently raid, but also want relevant progression outside of raiding? (I am/was one of those people in WoD) I feel that you lose world cohesiveness if some systems only work in certain areas, and you wind up making things convoluted just to appease the raider audience that doesn't want anything to do with the world they're playing in.
    OK, so your original post was, "What about the casuals/noncompetitive?" And then BeepBoo presents a way for many raiders and casuals to be happy - disable the world content power gains inside raids. And then you protest basically, "What about me? That's not what I want - and too bad for those raiders who do not like mandatory powergains from world content." You're moving goal posts, and doing so in a way that favors what you want without knowing, or indeed even asking, "Am I in the minority here, a raider wanting raid progress outside of raiding?"

"World cohesiveness" to me is not a good excuse for dragging people into content they don't like. How is making mandatory power gain world content any different than having pet battles give players a permanent throughput increase or old style world buff? Pet battles get you out in the world at times, after all. We all know how much people overall loved the Classic world buff meta... or hell, even PVP (especially for weapons) this expansion being "required" for raiders because of the abysmal trickle of loot that PVE gave.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2021-04-21 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Yes, that is what happens when someone gets called out. Are you saying that nobody can ever point something out because it is a double negative or something?

Didn't tell him to go away. I asked why his posts are filled with "lol, idiots" sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    NOOOOOO STOP DISLIKING THINGS REEEE BLIZZARD GOOD BLIZZARD GOOD
    $0.02 has been deposited into your Battle.net account

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    #TouchGrass.
    #ThisIsntTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    New WOW is more popular than ever
    Yeah, so popular that they haven't publicly disclosed subscription numbers in almost a decade
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    It really is crazy to me how seriously everyone takes the lore in this game. It's always been B-movie shlock, even in the RTS days. I'm not saying it's unimportant, but the lore is honestly fine. It's a vessel for Blizzard to develop the game and it's never (and should not be) the forefront.

People just nitpick the crap out of it. Who honestly cares if Arthas / Sylvanas are redeemed?
    If anything people didnt really start complaining heavily of the lore till blizz started trying to take it serious.

Warcraft is best when its being what its always been: campy, corny, and fun.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    This is a good thing. Shadowlands is filtering out all the entitled players who want WoW to be an easy single player game completely deprived of any challenge. When enough of them leave Blizzard can finally remove LFR and pointless systems like the covenants. You need to take out the trash from time to time, otherwise the house is going to stink.
    If LFR gets removed, raid quality will plummet. Participation in LFR justifies them putting effort into raids because it's no longer a super small portion of the playerbase experiencing the content. Removing LFR will do far more harm than good. And Activision is much like NCSoft. If they notice not enough people are playing the game to justify keeping the servers running, they'll just axe it and move on. Activision doesn't care about a small but loyal playerbase. They care about what gets them the most money. If WoW lost a large enough number of players, Activision would just shut it down and move on to the next game.

You got any examples of those players or are they all in your head?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If LFR gets removed, raid quality will plummet. Participation in LFR justifies them putting effort into raids because it's no longer a super small portion of the playerbase experiencing the content. Removing LFR will do far more harm than good. And Activision is much like NCSoft. If they notice not enough people are playing the game to justify keeping the servers running, they'll just axe it and move on. Activision doesn't care about a small but loyal playerbase. They care about what gets them the most money. If WoW lost a large enough number of players, Activision would just shut it down and move on to the next game.
    Funny how quickly people blame activision for anything that does or may happen even though theres no actual evidence of them having a hand in the development of the games despite near decade and a half of them being around.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    OK, so your original post was, "What about the casuals/noncompetitive?" And then BeepBoo presents a way for many raiders and casuals to be happy - disable the world content power gains inside raids. And then you protest basically, "What about me? That's not what I want - and too bad for those raiders who do not like mandatory powergains from world content." You're moving goal posts, and doing so in a way that favors what you want without knowing, or indeed even asking, "Am I in the minority here, a raider wanting raid progress outside of raiding?"
    Fair enough, but I don't really care if I'm in the minority on this matter. I feel it makes the game better when it's made that way, and I'll advocate for it whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    "World cohesiveness" to me is not a good excuse for dragging people into content they don't like. How is making mandatory power gain world content any different than having pet battles give players a permanent throughput increase or old style world buff? Pet battles get you out in the world at times, after all. We all know how much people overall loved the Classic world buff meta... or hell, even PVP (especially for weapons) this expansion being "required" for raiders because of the abysmal trickle of loot that PVE gave.
    I think it is. I don't think the game is made better by allowing raids to be sufficient on their own. I believe the world is better when it is connected on as many levels as possible. If it hurts players who refuse to engage with the world at large, so be it. Even if that means it may rub me the wrong way at some point down the line. I believe gear paths shouldn't be closed off from one another because it creates convoluted systems that are difficult to quickly understand. So if they decided to allow pet battles to award gear, I'd support that avenue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Funny how quickly people blame activision for anything that does or may happen even though theres no actual evidence of them having a hand in the development of the games despite near decade and a half of them being around.
    They own Blizzard. And Activision is VERY money centric. They're similar to EA in that regard, just not as underhanded/predatory. But why would they keep putting money into keeping servers up for a game that is actively failing?

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Wow, edgelords looking down on people because they actually still have emotions to express. That is pretty sad. You're obviously not going to understand something you don't possess and never experienced lol.
    Maybe? If their abberant behaviour is any indication i'm not missing out on much.

Honestly a fair bit of emotion is natural, but to be taken for a ride by it to the point that it mangles your sense like that, well, it places you closer to animals than to anything human.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Everyone always says this when I mention that I've had a hard time with socializing and with finding guilds, which just feeds into my depression and loneliness more. I feel like because of my struggles I don't deserve to have friends and don't have a place in this game at all. I fully admit that I'm not the most socially adept person and I seem to have quirks that turn people off. I don't know what the exact issue is but I've tried to find that good "forever guild family" since my EverQuest days.

But, I keep trying.

I wouldn't say those other things are self imposed though. What do you think would be the result if I tried to do group content without doing any of that I mentioned? I've broken down crying in real life because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get weak auras to work properly, so I would very much gladly like to ignore them, but I just feel like that's not really allowed these days.
    If you are playing on EU you can join my guild. We have a huge span of different kind(read: Weird, quirky, me included) of people that are casual af, but at least try to be serious during raid times(heroic scrubs!)

Some do weak auras, some do not(fuck weak auras) and we laugh, we fight, we bicker and we have fun, just like humans(read: We are not)

And if you dont want to join or not an EU player:

Just know you are not alone <3

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Hey man, thanks for the honest feedback. I really appreciate it. : - )

I'm glad you're a fan of my content. I've been floating the idea of starting a Patreon so that fans like you can contribute to it and help make it easier for me to continue sharing my unique perspective on this website. DM me and I'll give you the deets. Anyway, take it easy out there my guy. I'd hate to see you accidentally mistake blatant sarcasm as serious conjecture.
    I'll sub. Can I do so with my Prime account? I mean, that makes it fReE 4 me! 5 bucks a month, now thats vAlUe!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-04-22 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Their hubris is the reason for their demise
    im pretty sure they dont have to care about doomsayers like you, they still have milions active players after almost 17y of game and make more money than ever before...

5+ Year Old Account
    People want to see Blizzard fall apart so that it can either:
    A) Be rebuilt into something better
    or
    B) Have the talent move to Dreamhaven where their creativity will be free from Activision's corporate influence
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    I don't hate the player base, i hate the company. And i want it to fail, in order to teach these guys a lesson.

My biggest complain with Blizzard as a company, is that they are doing so poorly with the least expansions. After Legion, it seems they are not able to deliver "Quality" content for us to keep us subscribed. They don't learn from competitors, who are actually doing more with less (Example: ElderScrolls Online and Final Fantasy).

We have more than 15 years without anything new to have for the game. Most of these features we get in each expansion, doesn't even last enough time to be relevant. For example: "The Hearth of Azeroth", this item became irrelevant after BFA, to the point that players who actually worked hard on this item, only ended up wasting their time doing it, while in other games like ESO items never get outdated. Another example, is the WOD Garrison, another feature that is now useless and still cost 5k to upgrade to level 3. Many of these pointless content gaps create a poor gameplay experience.

Right now, with Shadowlands, get nothing truly interesting to keep the players "playing" the game.Torghast is one example of how poorly this feature was designed, it feels that the devs doesn't even play their game. Its not even fun to play this feature again once you are done with it. Also the size of the zones and how they were created demonstrate how they really cut budget into creating something more original and complete to play, just check how few World Quests we get now + the lack of activities that we can do at level 60.

And lets not forget about the people who were fired during COVID while the CEO earns millions of US Dollars in bonus.

I don't blame Activision, i blame Blizzard. Blizzard is the one making all the important DEVs to retire or leave the company, even when the game they have created still last until today. If you guys actually remember, one of the main reasons why Chris Metzen retired from Blizzard, was because the stress and panic attacks he was having for working for them. Inside those walls of Blizzard, the quality of the working environment is not good at all.
    That doesn't really matter to my words, the fact of the matter is that they (apparantly) exhibit such strong emotions towards a product that they allow it to shape their thoughts and actions.

Personally i'd advise someone like that to either create their own under-their-control fan spin-off or something of the like rather than waste their frustrations venting about companies and products over which they have neither practical control nor a right to control.

Its not about making money only. Its about giving Quality. And right now they are lacking. Same reason people complains on MMO Champ about WoW and not the WoW Forums (They quit their subs).
    sorry but no, they are busines their goal is to make money, if they can do it with lesser quality they will...
    ofc they have to have SOME quality otherwise everyone will leave but i think if wod wasnt low enough point to kill wow then the line is pretty low and they are currently FAR above it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    People want to see Blizzard fall apart so that it can either:
    A) Be rebuilt into something better
    or
    B) Have the talent move to Dreamhaven where their creativity will be free from Activision's corporate influence
    i always love the "corporate influence of activision" phrase (or similar) as they joined with activision before wotlk and before that they were part of vivendi... they were never really "non-corporate"...
    i dont like some of their decisions but its all on blizzard, and only outcome of spliting from activision if that ever happened would be degeneration and later death of wow

Strong emotions, doesnt sounds like a way to describe it. Its called "Hobby". I dont feel anything for a game and just like i did, if i dont like it i move to another. And since i dont have a subscription i not able to post on WoW General Forums. But since i have also being here in MMO Champion for around 7 years, i can tell you that the only reason i keep looking at MMO Champ, is like everyone else do it, just to check any news on Blizzard (WoW included).

Now since this thread is called "Ex-players cheering for the game to fail.", i'm just giving my opinion why me (ex-player) want the game to fail (in this case it actually do) and see how many players also agree with me about Shadowlands and today content.

So dont get me wrong, the company is doing poorly these days making the games...
    I have many hobbies, yet none cause quite the sort of behaviour as these people exhibit, while i do have naturally inhibited emotions through disease and other means. This is one of the reasons why emotion seems like it would explain much of the difference.

As to the rest: i use mmo to keep up to date as well, and to see if and when it is worthwhile to play (though mostly being limited by factors other than WoW's current quality). I have, however, no reason to want to see it fail, save perhaps for curiosity regarding the way such a thing would happen.
    The latter part is why i speak of emotion: i do not see why you would care if Blizzard fails, as the only way that would benefit you is through emotional gratification, or so it seems to me.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The game receives plenty of development input, it is the input being ignored that leads to players being pissed off and some wanting to see the game fail. I'm in the category of "pissed off by shit design; I want them to fix said design because I'd like the game to be good".
    People like this also generally assume dev input is ignored, when really they mean what they wanted was ignored. Many people on MMO-C don't realise they are the minority when it comes to many decisions made by Devs.