Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    People like this also generally assume dev input is ignored, when really they mean what they wanted was ignored. Many people on MMO-C don't realise they are the minority when it comes to many decisions made by Devs.
    Hang on, you mean that one guy who quote blocked me and gave my idea a thumbs up doesn't mean 100% of the playerbase agrees with me?

I get it that wishing something to fail because it's not what you like isn't particularly helpful. We are, however, dealing with a company that is no longer the same company that created great games that a lot of people grew up playing. WoW itself was much more immersive and interesting in the Vanilla-TBC-WotLK era mostly because of the way the story was presented, the difficulty and the fact that our characters were important adventurers, not some sort of chosen one, the 'champion'. There are other issues as well.

Such a reaction is to be expected. People don't like losing anything that is important for them. It is a natural response, even if it's not a logical one.

I, myself, have to admit to feeling 'avenged' when I see them make blunders. The company that made Diablo 2, Warcraft 2 and 3, Starcraft (and to some extent SC2), and the original WoW being this soulless husk now is truly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Agreed. Perhaps Blizzard can invest some of their billions of profits into creating a WoW patch that helps players quit the game in low, easily digestible dosages?
    Looks like that's what they're already doing.

Sorry couldn't help it don't mean to be snarky just joking around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    im pretty sure they dont have to care about doomsayers like you, they still have milions active players after almost 17y of game and make more money than ever before...
    Yeah because corporate profits are directly correlated to quality products. Does McDonald's have the best burger?

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    #TouchGrass.
    ...What the fuck does this even mean?

Like, I'm not surprised that somebody that feels the need to post their garbage while hiding behind a burner account is going to say weird shit, but come on man.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah because corporate profits are directly correlated to quality products. Does McDonald's have the best burger?
    that... have nothing to do with my comment? im sorry, was this supposed to react to someone else? bcs i didnt mention quality at all, at least not in that comment you reacted to...
    and in the other comment that did mention quality i literaly said they dont have to care about quality as long as they make profit...

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Its not about making money only. Its about giving Quality. And right now they are lacking. Same reason people complains on MMO Champ about WoW and not the WoW Forums (They quit their subs).
    Activision and Blizzard exist solely to make money for their shareholders, just like any other publicly owned company. That is how capitalism works.
    WoW is probably still very profitable after more than 15 years. Last year Blizzard had a revenue of almost 2 billion US dollars. How much of that revenue is WoW is hard to say, but probably a considerable amount.

People who have quit and don't like the company are completely irrelevant for Blizzard, just as they would be for any other company, as such people are very unlikely to become customers again.

MMO-champion has also become much more "negative" in the last years, not because, or not solely because, that people hate WoW more, but because all the theory-crafting, raid discussion and other discussions regarding the co-operative and competitive aspects of WoW have moved completely away from this site.
    So a lot of the people that actively play and enjoy the game aren't here any-more.
    Just look at the class-forums. They were full of discussions, guides etc., now they are a wasteland.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    I, myself, have to admit to feeling 'avenged' when I see them make blunders. The company that made Diablo 2, Warcraft 2 and 3, Starcraft (and to some extent SC2), and the original WoW being this soulless husk now is truly sad.
    It isn't a soulless husk though. That is just what you are calling it so you can justify the hate and feel "avengend" when they screw up. There is nothing to avenge. There is no harm. People have changed. Games have changed. Companies have changed. Blizzard is still the same company as it was before. There are still long time employees working there. There is still a founder working there. Just because the high profile names have left doesn't mean it is empty now.

These are all scapegoats and unhealthy ones at that when you actively look for them to fail are screw up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I have never seen "ex-WoW players" who are "cheering" for WoW to fail. On the contrary: they hope it would get better, because they loved it once and would like to come back again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I have never seen "ex-WoW players" who are "cheering" for WoW to fail. On the contrary: they hope it would get better, because they loved it once and would like to come back again.
    I am the living example for this heartbreaking Status

The simple fact is that the game is dying despite what everyone on this forum would have you believe. Every expac the decline is further apparent. That isn't to say the game isn't still massively successful, but its best days are far behind it and it's basically on life support at this point.

The game will still continue to get the bare development because it has a sizable dedicated playerbase, but it's not bringing in new players and only loses old ones gradually. There's nothing Blizz can do about it ultimately - the game is just too old to get any actual interesting changes without making a WoW 2, which is still years off. WoW just can't compete with the shine of other GaaS these days along with heavy hitters like FF14 and ESO.

People who want the game to be as good as it used to be (or at least perceived as good) cheer for the game to fail because they think that will put a fire under Blizz's ass to make it better. The last fire we had was Legion and all signs point to that being the final hurrah.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2021-04-22 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The simple fact is that the game is dying despite what everyone on this forum would have you believe. Every expac the decline is further apparent. That isn't to say the game isn't still massively successful, but its best days are far behind it and it's basically on life support at this point.

The game will still continue to get the bare development because it has a sizable dedicated playerbase, but it's not bringing in new players and only loses old ones gradually.
    I was ready to believe you until you told me that people on forums lie to me. I can't believe you'd suggest that people would just, like, go on the internet and tell lies.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I was ready to believe you until you told me that people on forums lie to me. I can't believe you'd suggest that people would just, like, go on the internet and tell lies.
    Once you realize there is no Blizzard its actually a shell corporation for the actual company "Rain of Fire" then you realize everything they stand for.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between constructive criticism and people being hateful bastards. Are there people who want to see WoW go down hard? Yeah probably so but luckily those people make up barely a voice big enough to actually hinder the game's popularity so fuck them and keep it moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    that... have nothing to do with my comment? im sorry, was this supposed to react to someone else? bcs i didnt mention quality at all, at least not in that comment you reacted to...
    and in the other comment that did mention quality i literaly said they dont have to care about quality as long as they make profit...
    Oh ok then. Carry on.

the game def has reached many limits of what it can do for sure, doesnt mean it will fail, just that is will be one of those games you come back to now and again.

Nobody is cheering for the game to fail, we're cheering that the game -is- failing which will mean either the developers start to realize the playerbase knows what they want and start listening or they developers will continue to double down and continue to kill their own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Nobody is cheering for the game to fail, we're cheering that the game -is- failing which will mean either the developers start to realize the playerbase knows what they want and start listening or they developers will continue to double down and continue to kill their own game.
    Fail is fail. You may try to virtue signal that you are really the saviors to everything that is wrong with Blizzard but you are still saying you are cheering for the game to be killed and fail. Just because you think it is a deserving death because of dev's doing stupid things still doesn't change you are cheering for it to fail by your own words.

What you are looking for is the word improve. You hope the game improves because the developers see the problems that you perceive to exist and fixes them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    Jesus. Never seen anything so sad in my life. These individuals want the game to be "punished" for some perceived insult against them, which largely revolves around gameplay being modified in a way they dislike. No thought or consideration, just a "my way or the high way" bullcrap attitude. You point this out and they'll accuse you of being a "fanboy" who licks Blizzard's boots. Wow, how original.

The game is flawed. The game doesn't receive as much development input as it needs. But if your "criticism" is nothing more than some burning desire to see the game completely crash and burn along with everyone who plays it...then that's not healthy.

Ultimately, why are you even here. #TouchGrass.
    I don’t want the game to fail, I just want someone to smack the systems team upside the head, pick the up and shake them, then yell in their face “IT’S NOT FUCKING ABOUT YOU!”.

Content is king.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I don’t want the game to fail, I just want someone to smack the systems team upside the head, pick the up and shake them, then yell in their face “IT’S NOT FUCKING ABOUT YOU!”.

Content is king.
    Funny enough most people with this mentality have this mentality

Ie its not about the devs or the other 5 million its me and the 10k forum goers

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post

Content is king.
    Do you not understand that to modern ActiBlizz systems are content? Systems are cheaper to produce and keep people playing longer than content, that is the sad truth.