Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    The claim from one person in this thread was that SL has lost subscribers faster after launch than older expansions.
    You never gave data that gave us the opportunity to compare the speed which SL has lost subscribers after launch compared to older expansions.

And from your own quote: "World of Warcraft player numbers fell back to normal levels..." So that can interpreted as this is a normal occurrence - a big spike at launch and then a drop. Nowhere in your quote is it suggested that the fall in subscribers is exceptional.

I would praise you for finding some data that can shed a light on this, but we still lack data so we can compare the relative loss of subscribers after the launch of with other expansions.

Added: Just to make it clear: I am in no way disputing that SL has lost subscribers after launch. But the question still remains: Is the relative drop something exceptional or not? That we don't have data on.
    fair enough. I didn't give the relevant comparative information.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/12/08/w...c-game-launch/

Blizz doesn't give us direct sub numbers so we can't exactly compare one for one but we can get a close estimate. in this article, blizz claims "Shadowlands, sold over 3.7 million copies on its launch day, November 23. That breaks the record for biggest launch day for any PC game, beating out the 3.5 million copies Blizzard’s own Diablo III managed back in 2012." this means that means wow hasn't been this successful since mid cataclysm (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...aft:_Cataclysm). mid cataclysm had about 10 million players (source: http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/gl...915/915591.png) so that means wow at the very least reach 10 million people and lost 4 million in the first three months.

now we have to consider the much longer than average wait for 9.1, the lack of communication, and the bandaid fixes months after we find a rather fatally bad design decision, this supports the premise that people are leaving in droves. do i have proof that wow has lost anymore sub since the superdata article came out? no. the only people who know for sure is blizzard. but all the signs point the shadowlands being an even bigger disappointment than wod.

That's the premise, the data, the logical arguments, and why i believe i am right. i would expect a just as thorough rebuttal if you want to try and convince me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The majority of the playerbase is playing the game and doesn't spend their time whining on forums. Where are you getting your metrics from? How did you come to the conclusion that the majority of the playerbase thinks the game is garbage?

Oh boy, can't wait for the well thought of, and well documented answer you'll give to this post, if any.
    The game is garbage, people quit playing, that's why we saw a MASSIVE drop in player activity between Q4(Shadowlands release) and Q1.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The game is garbage, people quit playing, that's why we saw a MASSIVE drop in player activity between Q4(Shadowlands release) and Q1.
    Or many of those people could play the first bit of an expansion and drop it til later like they have done for multiple expansions in a row. I love people just assuming 'game is garbage, everyone leaves' or 'game is dying' with how many years of the same thing going on? Again where are the sub numbers, do you have them?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Or many of those people could play the first bit of an expansion and drop it til later like they have done for multiple expansions in a row. I love people just assuming 'game is garbage, everyone leaves' or 'game is dying' with how many years of the same thing going on? Again where are the sub numbers, do you have them?
    Maybe, but you'd have to provide hard proof of it if you want to be taken seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

WoW is an MMO that people typically play for several years and get very invested in, and it's also a very very expensive game. Box price+expansions+monthly sub+premium services all of which are priced quiet highly. When people turn away from an investment like that, I think it's easy for their feelings to turn to resentment. They want to see things that justify why they turned away from that investment.

And then on the flip side, you have the people who are still playing and enjoying the game. They're also subject to that sense of investment, but inversely it can turn into white-knighting and intense defense against criticism of the game. They want to see things that justify their continuing investment in it.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2021-04-23 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    I am personally cheering for Blizzard-Activision to fail, I always hated the merge and it's obvious that it wasn't healthy for Blizzard or their games
    Fuck Activision
    Today's Blizzard is just a ghoulish organization that has the sole goal and focus to tarnish and wreck every legendary franchise into the ground
    Every talent left already hence the inability to make anything past remakes and remasters of the great titles of the past.
    There is nothing left to praise or care for when it comes to Blizzard. No more value and creativity to make a decent product only the directives of the Goblin King Bobby.

If the game wasn't garbage players wouldn't leave, it's a pretty simple concept that you can't seem to grasp.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

If the game wasn't garbage players wouldn't leave, it's a pretty simple concept that you can't seem to grasp.
    Real life commitments so someone might not have time. Only play for new content and sub on major patches. Moves on to a new genre of games. Dies irl and thus can’t game anymore. Has a family now and can’t play anymore. Refuses to play Blizz games for reason X (boycot, someone left, etc.). Just stops playing because current patch or expansion isn’t worth the money or time.

Like fucking pick one or many others. There are fucking tons of reasons why someone would stop playing besides “game is trash”.

Real life commitments so someone might not have time. Only play for new content and sub on major patches. Moves on to a new genre of games. Dies irl and thus can’t game anymore. Has a family now and can’t play anymore. Refuses to play Blizz games for reason X (boycot, someone left, etc.). Just stops playing because current patch or expansion isn’t worth the money or time.

Like fucking pick one or many others. There are fucking tons of reasons why someone would stop playing besides “game is trash”.
    There used to be stories about how addicting world of warcraft was for all ages.

Now there is nothing.

If the game was that good that you would forsake human interaction regardless of societal obligations, I doubt people would complain. All the game now is a heavy stick for everyone that aren’t content locusts/“tip of the spear” players and an extreme coddling from fairweather players in order to milk the expansion fee plus a possible store mount.

You can say such nonsense excuses, but that didn't stop anyone from playing and staying when the game was actually good and enjoyable, Wrath maintained a 11-12 million playerbase the entire expansion, we haven't seen consistent numbers like that since wrath.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2021-04-24 at 01:58 AM.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

You can say such nonsense excuses, but that didn't stop anyone from playing and staying when the game was actually good and enjoyable, Wrath maintained a 11-12 million playerbase the entire expansion, we haven't seen consistent numbers like that since wrath.
    You mean back when most of the playerbase was 16-mid 20s who are now 25-early 40s?

I mean I know times a hard concept for you but

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    You mean back when most of the playerbase was 16-mid 20s who are now 25-early 40s?

I mean I know times a hard concept for you but
    Do you have proof of that statement? I assure you that you have ZERO evidence of that lmao.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    In 2014 Blizzard annouced 100 million accounts created for WoW. With 11-12 million at the peak that is still a lot of people coming and going. It has always been a thing and not a real reflection of the game being garbage or not garbage. There are a lot of different options now then back then. There are a lot of things contributing to a lower but still substantial player base.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Do you have proof of that statement? I assure you that you have ZERO evidence of that lmao.
    Do you have proof of yours I assure you that you havr zero evidence of your claim

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Do you have proof of yours I assure you that you havr zero evidence of your claim
    The proof is in the static numbers that blizzard released themselves, a good game, will maintain playerbase a bad game will not.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The game right now and as it is, it is not worth paying to play it there is no interesting content or interesting rewards only frustration and 0 items, because you never get rewards, I have been a few months without even reaching 200, and .. .elitism in this game is getting worse and worse, no one invites if you don't have high itemlvl ... right now as this is not worth it, the mythical plus is left over, and the raid finder is also left over. , and they interacted more with the other players, now, I literally do not talk to anyone, because I do not do dungeons or raid, or pvp ... I go for free without content, without being able to get equipment ... this game is terrible every worse time.

in the next expansion they should introduce content for him who plays alone he can get itemlvl so as not to be despised when he wants to search for a group for anything ... elitism is worse than cancer ... wow is rotten right now, it literally sucks How they treat you for having low item lvl. It almost seems racism, they hate you and they don't invite you directly, it is that, not even with 200 they invite ...

And yes, the complaints are rightly so, we don't want to see the game burn, we want it to improve, especially for casual, the drop is crap, by the way, useless blizzard, just as clear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    also blizzard ignores all feedback even constructive.
    This is just wrong.

Just taking Shadowlands into account, the increase of loot (however slightly) mid patch, or the inclusion of valor points (asked near-daily) and many other aspects (Torghast unlock account wide, bla bla) where literally made due to player feedback. So, many times they did -not- ignore feedback.

That said, developers have the vision of the game, whereas any random player will have a huge wishlist of changes they'd like, where no 2 players have the same one, and have conflicting aspects.

Player 'feedback' is, especially in regards to WoW, a very dangerous matter, and could destroy the game very fast. Hell, the vast majority of player suggestions or "constructive feedback" are just asinine thoughts, with no reason whatsoever to it. I'm glad it's not frequently heeded by Blizzard.

The proof is in the static numbers that blizzard released themselves, a good game, will maintain playerbase a bad game will not.
    But you have no access as to WHY they left

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    Jesus. Never seen anything so sad in my life. These individuals want the game to be "punished" for some perceived insult against them, which largely revolves around gameplay being modified in a way they dislike. No thought or consideration, just a "my way or the high way" bullcrap attitude. You point this out and they'll accuse you of being a "fanboy" who licks Blizzard's boots. Wow, how original.

The game is flawed. The game doesn't receive as much development input as it needs. But if your "criticism" is nothing more than some burning desire to see the game completely crash and burn along with everyone who plays it...then that's not healthy.

Ultimately, why are you even here. #TouchGrass.
    They're ex-players because fanboy idiots like you cheered the endless garbage design that leads the game into its grave until it stopped being fun, so yeah enjoy the schadenfreude of the games death and the wonderful I told you so that it is to the fanboys.

But are you not playing? You have said WoW has been crap since Legion, but you still get those CEs.

So, cant be that garbage?