Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are mythic island expeditions soloable at 60?

Can a 60 lvl character solo mythic island expeditions and what class/spec has the best clearing speed?

7+ Year Old Account
    I might be wrong because I haven't checked this in a while, but I don't think you can queue solo for mythic islands yet.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Can a 60 lvl character solo mythic island expeditions and what class/spec has the best clearing speed?
    We did a couple of IEs with guildies around a month ago, and all mobs seemed to scale all the way to lvl 60 health- and damage-wise. Even if they are tagged as being level 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Pretty sure it was said that they are eventually going to add solo queue for them, but they haven't done so yet. So even if it were possible, you just can't do that now. Unless you ask 2 friends to q with you and then everyone except you leaves, but that doesn't sound feasible/realistic to do.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Yea, best bet is to wait for a solo-fix or make your own groups through coustome or ask on some discord channel...Or if your lucky friends. But fuck it...Content is slow to grind, wait for Item level 274 in 9.3...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm that you can't queue alone. Need to snag two friends. If you do normal or heroic, amazingly, you will get matched with other people fairly quickly. I figured it would be pretty dead but it hasn't been.

(been trying to get some tmog)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

While you can't queue alone yet, if you're trying to level alts on other accounts or friends through islands and maybe still get some stuff to collect while doing it, from what I remember hearing about it last it's about equal to questing normally or spamming dungeons for those you bring along. With exceptional clear speeds and proper optimization it might be pretty fast, considering it's instant-queue with a pre-made. I would think classes with strong AoE would be pretty good for Islands. Maybe something like a Moonkin would be pretty good for this? Tanks with strong self-healing might be safer, if a bit slower. It's a shame you gotta go to the table, and basically have a pre-made. It seems like a fun way to level if it were a finder queue option.

I know that you can't solo queue for them. What I'm asking is if you can solo them because I plan to level alts on another accounts there.

I know that you can't solo queue for them. What I'm asking is if you can solo them because I plan to level alts on another accounts there.
    You can, but why bother. It would be very slow and tiresome. I figure it would be more efficent to level fast, then do island efficiently on a geared level 60 in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    You can, but why bother. It would be very slow and tiresome. I figure it would be more efficent to level fast, then do island efficiently on a geared level 60 in the future.
    Yeah that's what I mean. Carrying x2 lvl 10 alts with a geared level 60 character. I'm considering demon hunter atm, I hear it has the fastest clearing speed, is this true on shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    We did a couple of IEs with guildies around a month ago, and all mobs seemed to scale all the way to lvl 60 health- and damage-wise. Even if they are tagged as being level 50.
    Ugh... The scaling thing is becoming a right old bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I can confirm that you can't queue alone. Need to snag two friends. If you do normal or heroic, amazingly, you will get matched with other people fairly quickly. I figured it would be pretty dead but it hasn't been.

(been trying to get some tmog)
    You can do island stuff during level up in BFA and its actually a solid way to level + get some transmogs/mounts.

Yeah that's what I mean. Carrying x2 lvl 10 alts with a geared level 60 character. I'm considering demon hunter atm, I hear it has the fastest clearing speed, is this true on shadowlands?
    Afraid the answer is still the same, but try it out. Level with your method only in island for 5-8 hours and see how far you get compared to normal questing The really fast people can do 10-50 in like 7-8 hours, but most people probably around 10-15 hours.

You definitely can with smaller pulls or if you play a tank spec you could probably do fairly large pulls.

Unfortunately boosting your alts in mythic IE still isn't an option as you need to be level 50 to queue for them afaik.

The hard part of IE at level 60 is mostly down to the fact that most of the mobs still spam hard CC abilities. Granted, many of them are avoidable, but there's also plenty of mobs pelting you with slows from spells like frostbolt.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-04-21 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Unless they fixed it in the past couple of months, they are likely more easily "soloable" as a level 10 twink than a 60 will be until the end of the expansion when they finally allow solo queue. When I was leveling a character back in, hm, probably late December or January, I did a few islands and was grouped with a couple of level 10s who one shot everything - including elites. Believe it was a set-up including legion story completion gear and then whatever random items could feasibly include a socket. Arcane explosion spam deleting everything.

In the likely event Blizzard did kill the twinking method, however, other posters are likely correct; too much hassle at the moment but a decent method to level.
    Last edited by Majerin; 2021-04-21 at 05:38 PM.

I don't think you could solo them without full mythic raid gear.

The mobs scale to level cap it seems or they are surprising durable compared to most world mobs (likely scaled around azerite power and corruptions). While I don't think anything could really kill you at cap it would take some coordination wiping the npcs to avoid them winning via attrition.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don’t think you can queue solo yet and tbh it’s probably not high on their to-do list

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Don’t think you can queue solo yet and tbh it’s probably not high on their to-do list
    Which strikes me as out of character - always felt like mechanics/specialty minigames (as it were) from prior expansions were always made more easily accessible for the next expansion even if they were more gated for the 'current' expansion they were in. Group content required for 'current' expansion then opening up to solo-que/solo-ability so as not to hold back players from running content they can't find reliable groups for later on when the content is 'old.'

I don't know if it makes me feel like its a 'sign' of the changing times in that Blizz isn't bothering to go back and open this up now that its 'old content' so that people can solo it to get whatever they want out of it (when before it they would have done this already as 'par for the course'); showing the changes going on at Blizz themselves and how they operate the game (Less caring about it overall) --- or if I'm reading into it too much.

As someone who pretty much has soloed the last 8 or so years in WoW - and can enjoy mount/transmog grind for my monthly sub. I've never been into forced-group content and happily waited for content to age out to be able to have my own fun with it. Raids, dungeons, whatever.

This is the only forced-group content they've not dropped the forced-group for - ever. I avoided it when it was current for the above reasons, but I really would like to experience the content. I thought and expected the requiring of a group would have already been changed by now - hell expected it when the expansion launched honestly. For that switch to be flipped. But it hasn't. Its just... odd of Blizz for it to take this long. And sucks. One less thing I have to do. One more reason I'm debating cancelling for the first time since launch. :/
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was back in BfA when you could have a lvl 111 DH with insane stats as well as uncapped AoE.

Now with capped AoE you'll want things like Boomkin, Mage, ect that can actually AoE down the huge pulls you do.

While their damage/health technically doesn't scale to lvl 60, it scales to lvl 140 at 50 tuned around Corruption and Azerite powers, meaning that they are just as tough as lvl 60 Maw mobs, akin to all mobs in 8.3 zones. Their damage is at lvl 50 values and they will miss alot, but if you get hit in a CC chain you will likely die.

It's fairly simple to do Islands solo though - Kill the Alliance whenever you see your buff hit 250 or so. Do moderate pulls. Learn which packs to skip due to CC. Use the extra items to make it go faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Which strikes me as out of character - always felt like mechanics/specialty minigames (as it were) from prior expansions were always made more easily accessible for the next expansion even if they were more gated for the 'current' expansion they were in. Group content required for 'current' expansion then opening up to solo-que/solo-ability so as not to hold back players from running content they can't find reliable groups for later on when the content is 'old.'

I don't know if it makes me feel like its a 'sign' of the changing times in that Blizz isn't bothering to go back and open this up now that its 'old content' so that people can solo it to get whatever they want out of it (when before it they would have done this already as 'par for the course'); showing the changes going on at Blizz themselves and how they operate the game (Less caring about it overall) --- or if I'm reading into it too much.

As someone who pretty much has soloed the last 8 or so years in WoW - and can enjoy mount/transmog grind for my monthly sub. I've never been into forced-group content and happily waited for content to age out to be able to have my own fun with it. Raids, dungeons, whatever.

This is the only forced-group content they've not dropped the forced-group for - ever. I avoided it when it was current for the above reasons, but I really would like to experience the content. I thought and expected the requiring of a group would have already been changed by now - hell expected it when the expansion launched honestly. For that switch to be flipped. But it hasn't. Its just... odd of Blizz for it to take this long. And sucks. One less thing I have to do. One more reason I'm debating cancelling for the first time since launch. :/
    Technically Warfronts are also forced group. I believe that they talked about adding in solo queue for Islands next patch as well, though it's not on the PTR yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Technically Warfronts are also forced group. I believe that they talked about adding in solo queue for Islands next patch as well, though it's not on the PTR yet.
    Yea, Warfronts was the other feature (so both of the last expansion) still not opened up to non-queing. That one does make a little more sense as its built around dozens of people against the NPCs and not just 5 or less, so the 'scaling' to solo is I'm sure a bit more complicated - if they wanted to address that.

But as I had not heard that it was possibly under discussion for next patch - that is great to hear - I hope they do confirm it will happen next patch! Thanks!
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.