Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Why? We barely need the faction capitals right now. There is no need for race capitals. The new allied races barely have a home area.
    The most possible way to get new versions of those cities is if they become useful and relevant in a future expansion. Then we can have a rebuilding scenario, probably pre-expansion, and then use them as capitals for the new story. But that's a longshot. And given the fact they already provide a past version of them through time magic, I think that's it for them. I guess we will see. But I can't see that happening during Shadowlands.
    If they are so lame at Blizzard and just copy FFXIV now, there is a great chance we will get back after Shadowlands to find Azeroth destroyed somehow. And maybe those two forgotten cities will appear irrelevant to the new evil forces and not get assaulted. And if this happens, we can rebuild them and use them as secret new capitals for our factions.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dark View Post
    Why? We barely need the faction capitals right now. There is no need for race capitals. The new allied races barely have a home area.
    The most possible way to get new versions of those cities is if they become useful and relevant in a future expansion. Then we can have a rebuilding scenario, probably pre-expansion, and then use them as capitals for the new story. But that's a longshot. And given the fact they already provide a past version of them through time magic, I think that's it for them. I guess we will see. But I can't see that happening during Shadowlands.
    If they are so lame at Blizzard and just copy FFXIV now, there is a great chance we will get back after Shadowlands to find Azeroth destroyed somehow. And maybe those two forgotten cities will appear irrelevant to the new evil forces and not get assaulted. And if this happens, we can rebuild them and use them as secret new capitals for our factions.
    Bringing them back doesn't necessarily mean they will be used as city hub it can be a mega dungeon or even part of a raid.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Bringing them back doesn't necessarily mean they will be used as city hub it can be a mega dungeon or even part of a raid.
    Idk, dungeons tend to be pretty linear these days, so Undercity doesn't lend too well for that, given its layout. Now, a mega dungeon in the charred remains of Teldrassil might be dope.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I have a feeling that these two zones/cities will once again be relevant in Shadowlands. It might be turned into a higher level zone or perhaps be reintroduced as Raid/Dungeon.

What are your thoughts?
    nah. Blizz does not often reuse zones where something major happens.

That would require them to deal with the fallout of these events. Like: what the hell are the nightelfes and undead doing right now? Two races displaced. Only a few of them you can see in certain places. You cannot integrate a whole race in a place without anything changing. And nothing IS changing. So this will be just ignored forever. Undead and Nightelves will probably never get a real base anymore and these zones are done forever also.

Also: One is burned down completly and the other is blighted to the ground.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Idk, dungeons tend to be pretty linear these days, so Undercity doesn't lend too well for that, given its layout. Now, a mega dungeon in the charred remains of Teldrassil might be dope.
    We also learn that Mal'ganis is involved in the current fiasco of Shadowlands. He was very much involved in Lordaeron similar to how Varimathras has been very involved in the Undercity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    We know that Mal'ganis is currently involved the in fiasco happening in Shadowlands just like his brother Varimathras been intimately involved in Undercity, he pretty much became the catalyst to how the Northern Eastern Kingdom came to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    nah. Blizz does not often reuse zones where something major happens.

That would require them to deal with the fallout of these events. Like: what the hell are the nightelfes and undead doing right now? Two races displaced. Only a few of them you can see in certain places. You cannot integrate a whole race in a place without anything changing. And nothing IS changing. So this will be just ignored forever. Undead and Nightelves will probably never get a real base anymore and these zones are done forever also.

Also: One is burned down completly and the other is blighted to the ground.

Ragefire Chasm = Elevator area to Underhold.
    Eastern Plaguelands = Nathanos pre SL event
    Different locations = Legion Artifact weapons.

I have a feeling that these two zones/cities will once again be relevant in Shadowlands. It might be turned into a higher level zone or perhaps be reintroduced as Raid/Dungeon.

What are your thoughts?
    I could see that happen, but not as capitals.
    The entire point of burning Teldrassil was that the original was atrociously constructed.
    The Undercity was better, but not by much, it'd be fine as a dungeon but as a capital? No.

As it stands i think the Nelfs would likely relocate to Hyjal and reclaim its slopes (felwood, winterspring), while i expect the Forsaken to claim Stratholme and both plaguelands.

A new tree could be planted too, and Lordaeron city could also be reclaimed to act as a new capital, but that seems both unlikely and unwise given the events that led to their originak capital's destruction.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I could see that happen, but not as capitals.
    The entire point of burning Teldrassil was that the original was atrociously constructed.
    The Undercity was better, but not by much, it'd be fine as a dungeon but as a capital? No.

As it stands i think the Nelfs would likely relocate to Hyjal and reclaim its slopes (felwood, winterspring), while i expect the Forsaken to claim Stratholme and both plaguelands.

A new tree could be planted too, and Lordaeron city could also be reclaimed to act as a new capital, but that seems both unlikely and unwise given the events that led to their originak capital's destruction.
    The only relocation that they could possibly do is become refugees of Timbermaw Hold which is near Darkshore and Mount Hyjal.