Frost Leveling Rotation

I've been reading the Icy Veins guide over and over. It never mentions when I should cast chains of ice, but it recommends I take Cold Heart. I'm about to start leveling through SL but leveling from 8-48 I opened with Chains of Ice, followed by Remorseless Winter because of Gathering Storm.

But all the guides focus on big fights, so I'm not entirely sure how to fight regular mobs

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    I've been reading the Icy Veins guide over and over. It never mentions when I should cast chains of ice, but it recommends I take Cold Heart. I'm about to start leveling through SL but leveling from 8-48 I opened with Chains of Ice, followed by Remorseless Winter because of Gathering Storm.

But all the guides focus on big fights, so I'm not entirely sure how to fight regular mobs
    Honestly, I recommend the Wowhead guide: https://www.wowhead.com/death-knight-leveling-guide

And you can always join the appropriate Discord. We're all pretty friendly there.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Chains (20 stacks ofc) is best used when the enemy got 5 stacks razorice, your Pillar is active + Crusader is up. That's pretty much it. Just use it on stronger enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...it doesn't really matter what you take if you are leveling.

All you gotta do is Howling Blast --> Obliterate until you run out of runes --> Frost Strike (or Frostscythe *if* talented into and *if* 3 or more targets). Use Remorseless Winter on cooldown. Hell... throw a DnD in there if you are feeling squirrelly.

But, if you insist using Cold Heart, wait until 20 stacks and pair it with Pillar of Frost.

15+ Year Old Account
    All 3 of the first row choices are garbage for leveling, unless you're dual wielding, then Icy Talons is hands down the best for leveling.

If I could go back, I wouldn't have used a 2 hander at all.

Chains of Ice against regular mobs is hit and miss. Most of the time I'd rather just open up with RW and then Chains is used like an execute most of the time. It's way better in Torghast where single target matters a lot more.

cy Talons is hands down the best for leveling

same as with the players

Just take Inexorable Assault on the first row.

It's a passive damage boost you'll never have to think about, no maintenance buff you need to worry about (Icy Talons) or a nuke to track (Cold Heart). The latter, however, can be good for 1-shotting mobs

Having said all this, it really doesn't matter what you pick for levelling purposes. Have a play around and see what you like most

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post

If you are pulling fast you won't be building enough charges, go with maxing out obliterate.