Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Keystone Masters: Gauntlet, Quinton Flynn Voice Actor Update, Raid Testing Schedule

    Keystone Masters: Gauntlet - May 7-9
    Keystone Masters has teamed up with Diabolus Esports to host another Mythic+ Tournament.
    • The event takes places over three days on the Tournament Realm.
      • The Proving Grounds - Friday, May 7th at 10am PST (7pm CEST)
      • Tournament Day 1 - Saturday, May 8th at 10am PST (7pm CEST)
      • Tournament Day 2 - Sunday, May 9th at 10am PST (7pm CEST)
    • Players with a World of Warcraft account in good standing can sign up until April 26th.
    • Teams will compete for their share of the $7,000 prizepool and will be featured on the front page of the Raider.IO website.
    • Affixes will be a mixture of preset from the tournament organisers, viewer choice and teams choice. The key level may fluctuate from round to round.



    Quinton Flynn Voice Actor Update
    Quinton Flynn, the original voice actor of Kael'thas Sunstrider, has posted an update regarding the accusations brought against him. Quinton Flynn shared his side of the story, and that the Court decided to have all defamatory content taken down. You can read his full statement on Twitter.





    Sanctum of Domination Raid Testing Schedule - April 22nd
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    On Thursday, April 22nd, we will be continuing our raid tests in the Sanctum of Domination.

    Thursday, April 22nd

    Soulrender Dormazain - Heroic Sanctum of Domination
    13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)

    The Nine - Heroic Sanctum of Domination
    14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)

    As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

    Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
    A: In Oribos, Dalaran, Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, you may speak to Nexus-Lord Donjon Rade IV in order to teleport into the raid zone while it is open for testing. (The option to teleport into a zone will not be available when the zone is not open for testing.)

    Q: What character should I use to test the raid?
    A: Whichever you prefer. We will be scaling players’ effective level to 60 for raid testing, and their item level to an appropriate threshold for the encounter(s) being tested.

    Q: How long does testing last?
    A: The primary purpose of testing is to give us the information we need to balance the encounters, evaluate how mechanics are playing out in practice, and identify bugs. Once we’re satisfied that we’ve received that information for a given boss, we’ll be shutting down testing. Usually this takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but there are no guarantees.

    We appreciate you taking the time to test our content and look forward to reading your feedback.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-04-21 at 08:21 PM.

  2. #2
    cancel culture at its finest.

  3. #3
    He's lucky they did a good investigation and found out the anonymous accounts were all one person, it's not always easy to prove. Incredible how she also attacked the rest of his family.
    If I understand well, she launched the operation right after his marriage. That's some serious dedication.
    Last edited by Koward; 2021-04-21 at 10:28 AM.

  4. #4
    Quinton Flynn explained that he was the actual victim of harassment, and that the Court decided to have all defamatory content taken down.
    This is kind of misleading. He explained that he was a victim of harassment from this particular account who had been stalking him, and the account as a whole had to be taken down as a result. He also admitted to kissing a minor in his explanation post. Nothing about this court case was proven innocence in any regard, especially towards allegations not given by this particular account owner, just that he was in fact also being harassed, which is unfortunate.

  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    1,051
    I really hope this wasn't why Blizz decided to change the voice of Kael because Flynn's voice work is very good.

  6. #6
    Poor fella. I'll admit I did not look much further into this, just read there had been accusations against him. I hope he'll be reinstated as the voice actor for his previous roles now that he has been found innocent of these allegations.

    He has been an iconic part of Warcraft since at least Warcraft III and I do not feel like the new voice actor for Kael'thas managed to fill Flynn's shoes despite an amicable effort.

  7. #7
    My guess is very few people will change their mind about Quinton Flynn... the power of allegations and stubbornness.

  8. #8
    Dang, what a psychotic woman

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Poor fella. I'll admit I did not look much further into this, just read there had been accusations against him. I hope he'll be reinstated as the voice actor for his previous roles now that he has been found innocent of these allegations.
    highly doubt it happen.... the reputation is now tarnished. It would be a bad PR move from blizzard to reinstate it because people will still accuse blizzard for harboring someone they find to be sleazy. It's just not a good move at all, sadly. The ones who actually would praise blizzard for reinstate him, if that's the reason for his dismissal, is probably a bigger group I imagine, but it's also less loud. And how loud you scream is very important for optics.

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario, CAN
    Posts
    4,850
    They can cut his voice lines out of everything but on the brightside they can't unpay him for them. Blizzard also had to pay a new voice actor to redo his lines, so there's that. Still shitty though.

  11. #11
    Brewmaster Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,421
    Welcome to modern society where you're guilty until proven innocent and even if you can prove innocence you're still viewed as being guilty, no doubt this guy won't get his jobs back or even new jobs in the future whereas the women responsible will live happily ever after, welcome ladies and gentlemen to cancer culture.

  12. #12
    And the new voice is so shit what a overall loss for everyone

  13. #13
    Stay off of twitter! It's good for you.

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    5,936
    Quote Originally Posted by snaketheshadow View Post
    cancel culture at its finest.
    Should be renamed to cancer culture, since it's basically something that suddenly kills you and you are powerless to change the course of things. And I say this as a member of a cancer-inclined family. Too bad that an entire freaking country thinks this is okay.

    I lost a big heaping chunk of respect for Blizzard for buying into this nonsense. As for Quinton himself, you go king. You won a great battle in a society that looks down on you just because you are a man accused by a woman, and that is not a small feat to accomplish. I sincerely hope that your career can lift off again.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Welcome to modern society where you're guilty until proven innocent and even if you can prove innocence you're still viewed as being guilty, no doubt this guy won't get his jobs back or even new jobs in the future whereas the women responsible will live happily ever after, welcome ladies and gentlemen to cancer culture.
    More like welcome to society since the dawn of time ? We have courts that assume innocence precisely because this is what happens to people from mere accusations. The creation of a justice system based on innocent until proven guilty was in response to the defamatory power of an accusation not because that is how it has always been. For that matter the creation of that justice system never made it go away. This has always been and will always be a problem for any person whose is accused and when such accusation becomes common knowledge and not just private. The only way to ever prevent those kinds of situations would be to essentially ban reporting from creating a high profile trial under punishment of some sort of fine. Which is far more "cancel" culture than anything we have today.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Should be renamed to cancer culture, since it's basically something that suddenly kills you and you are powerless to change the course of things. And I say this as a member of a cancer-inclined family. Too bad that an entire freaking country thinks this is okay.

    I lost a big heaping chunk of respect for Blizzard for buying into this nonsense. As for Quinton himself, you go king. You won a great battle in a society that looks down on you just because you are a man accused by a woman, and that is not a small feat to accomplish. I sincerely hope that your career can lift off again.
    This has nothing to do with cancel culture. The pendulum has simply swung back after spending centuries in the opposite direction. It is not surprising that when a pendulum swings that far in one direction that its return course be in equal measure. We all would prefer that the pendulum simply just come full stop at center but that is just not how people work. This is less cancel and more overcorrecting.

  16. #16
    People who blindly believe accusations before trial and judgement are retarded, and they need to fuck off to the non-democratic countries they clearly belong to.
    Last edited by vulfrika; 2021-04-21 at 11:11 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I really hope this wasn't why Blizz decided to change the voice of Kael because Flynn's voice work is very good.
    The coincidence is too big I think. I wonder if blizz will act lile a grown up, understand the mistake they did and appologize to the man publicly or if they will try to claim different motive and move on.

  18. #18
    Dreadlord Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    772
    Well, then the old Kael'thas should stay. So it seems like they had an online affair and then it blew up and she went viral. That's pretty common, her fault as well for taking part of this. Like what was she thinking, he's going to marry her? Pretty obvious he's going to dump her and settle down for something real because that's what online people do. Going that far and stalking while being guilty for her own stupidity is kind of funny. I know stuff like that hurts but still.
    Last edited by Cloudmaker; 2021-04-21 at 11:32 AM.

  19. #19
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,670
    Thought it seemed fishy at first. I don't like the whole, react before proven speak..

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    This is kind of misleading. He explained that he was a victim of harassment from this particular account who had been stalking him, and the account as a whole had to be taken down as a result. He also admitted to kissing a minor in his explanation post. Nothing about this court case was proven innocence in any regard, especially towards allegations not given by this particular account owner, just that he was in fact also being harassed, which is unfortunate.
    That part can indeed be slightly misleading, I'll change it shortly. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •