Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    These forums were FILLED with people claiming that Classic would be super difficult. There was at least two threads a day about it with people invading threads to talk about how difficult it would be. If you don't believe it, that just means you didn't look at these forums after Classic was announced. It was honestly insufferable.
    Not what I was taking about. Keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what doing the 1000 anima weekly? lol if you really want i can show you.
    Instead of building your post count you could've just had a source. And it's still not what I was talking about. The claim is that you can clear all of the anima WQ and it references supposedly countless claims that it takes 4 hrs to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Not what I was taking about. Keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of building your post count you could've just had a source. And it's still not what I was talking about. The claim is that you can clear all of the anima WQ and it references supposedly countless claims that it takes 4 hrs to do this.
    "You coulda just had a source" what?
    Dude i think you confused who are you responding to, i didnt say anything about clearing all the world quests in 4 hours, you ok?

also yes, yes it is what you were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'm getting flashbacks about Classic and people claiming the raids are going to be extremely hard. And then everyone trying to deny these claims ever happened when the truth was painfuly obvious and easily objectively testable.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I don't believe you. "Trust me, bro" isn't a source.
    Literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Well, now literally everyone knows that it doesn't take way longer, because we have actual recorded proof. Two separate, indepedent, and different instances of it even.

Of course if you take a lot of breaks, have lesser gear, don't know the quests it will take longer, sure. None of them are "haxes" just try to watch at least a part of it. They don't do anything too hardcore nor weird.

Also, fishing quests never give you anima, so it's kind of completely off topic and irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

That's fair and I could agree with that. It's unfair to claim something that takes around 1 hour is a multiple hour grind, though.

Except these are not speedrunners. The best proof of that is the second video is pretty much double the length of the first one. Both still do not take a lot of time, and both under 1 hour.

If I'm bored enough later today I'm gonna go and collect all the posts with people claiming this BS and link them here because I'm tired of this trash argument.

True, if you want to do every covenant every day, it's gonna be multiplied by 4. That is, however, completely irrelevant, as the point of contention was the time needed for 1 character, not 4.
    A pair of mythic geared OP classes isn't proper evidence. It literally follows the same logic as my speedrunner comment. The majority of players aren't going to be that geared and will likely take longer as a result.

True, if you want to do every covenant every day, it's gonna be multiplied by 4. That is, however, completely irrelevant, as the point of contention was the time needed for 1 character, not 4.
    Anyone who claimed to spend 3-4 hours doing WQs on a single character was lying to begin with. Taking 3-4 hours for the whole package is more believable, as I have experienced it myself. I think this is what people really meant.

Hell, if I had to spend 12-16 hours a day doing anima quests I think I would be in an insane asylum by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are just spoiled cause they can't BFA wqs anymore, that is, fly into an elite mob, kill it under 15 seconds and fly away.

Lol this thread is amazing.

Hyperbole? People on this forum have been outright claiming it takes 3-4 hours to do all WQs for anima per day.
    Yeah, that's called hyperbole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Ah, the joys of waiting for flying...
    I'm unsubbed until then. I just can't face questing in Shadowlands without it. I better not have to do a bunch more shit when it finally drops or I probably won't even bother and just wait for TBC.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-04-22 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    And its probably a difference if you have great gear 220+.if you know the quest. If there are no other players stealing your mobs etc.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to quest.
    Quests should be kill that boss over there.

But not click these things 20 times. Then use that item 20 times. Then kill 20 wolves. Collect 20 pelts and click that item 20 times. I don't know why anyone would want to do that..

Then there are quests where you could aoe everything down.
    But some smart dev though it's a cool idea to have you use that item with a 2 sec cast time. For one enemy. With 20 sec CD. What teh ffff
    *looks at D2 videos where they do 10,000 Ancient Tunnels runs for the mere chance at something nice and are content*
    *looks at WoW players whining that they actually have to play the game*
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    *looks at D2 videos where they do 10,000 Ancient Tunnels runs for the mere chance at something nice and are content*
    *looks at WoW players whining that they actually have to play the game*
    I think that's due to a few reasons;

D2 is more fast paced and has portals to most zones for easy farming. Even if it takes many runs you're still excited to kill something and pray for that epic loot. Amazing loot has low drop chances, but it has a chance. It's fast gambling which is known to trigger dopamine.

WoW is slow paced and takes a long time to travel to a point to do your thing. Of course people are going to complain when 50% to 75% of the time you're playing you're only traveling and not actually killing stuff to get loot. And the loot that drops is fixed and there is almost 0% chance it's something good. And truly amazing loot doesn't even exist. It's more of a waste of time and gives low satisfaction.

They take long because of travel time. I literally have to play another game while i fly from one zone to another.
    The point of WQs is to pick the reward you want and focus on that in every area, which means you will actually be travelling in every area. Even flying won't fix much of this because going to a different are will still require alt tabbing. I mean using a fight point.
    They should've kept the whistle at least, their explanation about why they removed it makes little sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    as retardin at 200 ilvl, it takes me over 1 hour to do wqs, in fact average 1 zone is over 30 min, so to do 'all wqs' in less than 1 hour isn't the average or even normal
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    lol. A world first raider using a druid for stealth and travel form benefits, and using a planned optimised route for speedrunning it and doing everything perfectly on the first try. "Look guys, it's so easy".

Also learn the difference between people employing hyperbole out of frustration and making precise scientific claims.
    exactly
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    This is the type of statement you see from people who didn't go to college. First, characters only have 1 covenant. Second, WQs are shared across covenants. No idea why anyone would think to multiply the number by 4.
    Sigh... because they have a main and 3 alts. I am glad YOU went to college, certainly helped with your understanding. Good thing you made sure to try to insult the poster too. We have a saying in my country "the stupid one is not stupid enough if he is not also full of himself".

I found a couple examples for people claiming no one ever expressed these opinions. Mind you I only skimmed through 3-4 threads that I remember had these shitty takes, there's definitely much more, not sure if I care enough to scour the whole forum for keywords.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53099794

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53099885

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53099943

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52954641

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53131023

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52960957

You can defend any incorrect information that way. "Oh but it was a hyperbole"

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    as retardin at 200 ilvl, it takes me over 1 hour to do wqs, in fact average 1 zone is over 30 min, so to do 'all wqs' in less than 1 hour isn't the average or even normal

exactly
    And there are 3 zones. So basically, even with bad gear you complete it in 1,5 hours. Thanks for adding to the list of proofs that anima wqs don't take long.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Honestly a normal person takes longer.
    But one the other hand: I just completly ignore everything regarding anima. I just could not give less of a shit about this system. Rewards are boring recolors of stuff we allready own. Not one piece is visually so different, that it warrants this time investment.

I do my missions and my garden with teh occasional quest if if drop so far down, that i can't do my missions for the runes anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    A pair of mythic geared OP classes isn't proper evidence. It literally follows the same logic as my speedrunner comment. The majority of players aren't going to be that geared and will likely take longer as a result.
    I can clear all of the anima quests up for the day in an average of an hour and my character is ~200 item level. By this point in the expansion you should naturally be around 200 even with out doing a Mythic+ because of the weekly that takes you higher. When doing the world quests I do noting fancy except for an occasional goblin glider. Hearthstone when up and I start my timer from Oribos.

With the achievement changes I don't both with all of them that much because 1k a day is good enough for me. Though when I decide I want a cosmetic I'll try for the 2 to 3k a day with all the anima quests.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    They take long because of travel time. I literally have to play another game while i fly from one zone to another.
    You can play another game in about 5 mins?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It takes me 30mins~ to do all Anima WQs per day, way less if there are not many available. I also have Shadowlands Wormhole Teleporter from engineering. I start from Ardenweald (hearthstone place), then use the teleporter for the next region with most WQs and I'm always using WQ Helper addon (or h/e it's called). I type 5 numbers and I find a group where I can finish a quest in the half time compared to if I did it alone. 2 base buildings left to upgrade for Rank 3, I already got Conservatory max'd so after those 2 buidings I'm going for some of the rewards I set my eyes on and I'm done.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there are 3 zones. So basically, even with bad gear you complete it in 1,5 hours. Thanks for adding to the list of proofs that anima wqs don't take long.
    proof of what? if u want to go that route then u forgot travel time between zones, and that alone add at least 15 min, not to mention not every zone is 30 min, a zone like venthyr one easily takes most time due to the lovely castle up and down style, with no near fly path, and also depend on quest, if u get that kyrian-only quest that need 30 arments i don't even bother doing it because that quest - alone - will easily take over 30 min
    so if u want to do all anima quests and not just do the call and be done that easily goes over 2 hours, and if u just started and didn't unlock every fly path (or have a sh8t covenant travel portals like Necrolords ones, they s8ck a88), that can go to 3 hours if u want to focus on anima daily
    I don't, hence why i average 2h because i just do calls and done
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    even if they did take 3-4 hours a day; only do them if you want to do them. it's not necessary for gameplay and offers no advantage for players. the only thing players HAVE to do is the collect 1000 anima for renown, and that really doesn't take that long
    No you could be renown 40 by now without that quest. Not doing that quest always meant that you were one renown behind max. The consequences were rarely substential.

I think the better question is "why does anima exist?"

I can't really see anything anima does a rep vendor couldn't do.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm unsubbed until then. I just can't face questing in Shadowlands without it. I better not have to do a bunch more shit when it finally drops or I probably won't even bother and just wait for TBC.
    So far it's rewarded from the 2nd or 3rd week of the campaign, no questions asked, and is account wide. I do believe you need a certain level of Renown as well, but there's a very quick catch-up for that if you aren't 40 somehow by the time 9.1 drops.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.