Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The difference is you get reputation quickly once, and then you can buy everything for gold if your only requirement is rep.

    Anima is a currency that you farm to buy stuff, that also has other requirements very often (rep, renown, etc).



    Thanks for proving you haven't watched even 5 minutes of the videos linked. None of them are speedruns.



    Here's the problem: about half the criticism of the game on-line is that kind of easily debunkable BS, and by not addressing it, we are letting it spread. It's the same with fake news and conspiracies in real life as well. It's easy to assume "this is so fake no one will believe it" but by not speaking out about it, more and more people just buy into it and it becomes the so called "general consensus" that is based on pure lies.



    It takes about 30-60 minutes depending on gear, quest selection and other factors, as proven in the thread. It has nothing to do with opinions. There are literal recordings of it.
    I can see why you have arguments when you are this stubburn.
    Yes, those videos are speed running.
    Yes, not every class has the moonkin AoE. Yes, not everyone is willing to use goblin gliders. That IS speed running.

    Being stubburn doesn't mean you are right. No matter how stubburn you want to be.

  2. #122
    Mechagnome terminaltrip421's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    [A] Azuremyst <US>
    Posts
    548
    how many did he do in the video in 31 minutes or whatever? if you clear all the anima quests one day chances are you'll have fewer the next given the quests are actually staggered with the only exceptions being the pet battles, bosses and quests related to callings which all reset with dalies. so if you complete all the new ones that pop up with reset and check back 12-14 hours later you'll have a few more potentially but very few. complete those and you'll have very few the next day as well.

  3. #123
    I think it's not so much the time it takes, but how insely boring, long and tedious the WQ are.

  4. #124
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,643
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Travel between zones may add 15 mins total but not per zone. It should not take anyone 3 hours to do all of the daily anima quests up. We are talking about 8-11 quests. If you are averaging 2 hours from just doing the callings then you are really doing stuff wrong.
    it still cross 2 hours easily, and no 15 min just travel time isn't realistic, to travel from Kyrian covenant for example to last fly path in Venthyr takes alone 7+ min, and while u never take that fly path in 1 go, u do take it still in total, and u still have to travel to night fae and necrolords too
    And covenant portals makes lot of difference, so far kyrian one is best by miles, both venthyr and necrolords ones are waste of anima and total sh8t, portal to random place out of nowhere with (usually) nothing near it, so if u playing on venthyr/necrolord character it will takes far more time just because ur covenant portal is total sh8t (at least necro ones lead to a dailiy quest zone, still all other portals are useless, on reverse Kyrian ones almost all of them are useful, and f8ck venthyr seriously)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    So in the countless anima threads on this forum I've seen people claiming that anima world quests take multiple hours a day and that it's some crazy farm that no one in their right mind will ever do. Of course no one bothered to prove anything to random forum trolls because they wouldn't care either way, but it turns out that 'one of the streamers' made a challenge of sorts and some people bothered to answer to that.

    Here's a video of a guy completing every anima world quest available within a day in 31 minutes.

    And no, he's not using any crazy optimization tactics either. Unless you consider a goblin glider, or moonkin's aoe to be such "haxes".

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RiDAoW5kYw

    Here's another one - more casual, this one in 57 minutes. (Under one hour). Double the time of the above, but still under an hour which is easily time that anyone can devote to the game.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEhlO4lVE4w

    Can we stop with the bulshit about anima farming taking hours every day now please?
    Will never stop
    The "im a casual so i cant level because i have 4 wives 9 kids and 11 jobs and it taking me 3 years " tales are as old as this game
    People are often bad or lazy (which is perfectly fine i am myself often times) but dont want to admit it so they invent something instead just biting the bullet

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    how many did he do in the video in 31 minutes or whatever? if you clear all the anima quests one day chances are you'll have fewer the next given the quests are actually staggered with the only exceptions being the pet battles, bosses and quests related to callings which all reset with dalies. so if you complete all the new ones that pop up with reset and check back 12-14 hours later you'll have a few more potentially but very few. complete those and you'll have very few the next day as well.
    The link to the video still works, you can just open it and view it for yourself. The video shows a full clear of all anima wqs available without any pre-cleared the previous day, that was the point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I can see why you have arguments when you are this stubburn.
    Yes, those videos are speed running.
    Yes, not every class has the moonkin AoE. Yes, not everyone is willing to use goblin gliders. That IS speed running.

    Being stubburn doesn't mean you are right. No matter how stubburn you want to be.
    What even is this gibberish?

    Yes, I do have arguments, ones based on facts and video evidence, which hurts a lot of people's fragile egos because they are unquestionably proven wrong

    If you don't use gliders while doing open world stuff while pathfinder is not activated yet I don't even know what you're doing man, sorry.

    As for the moonkin thing - different classes have different areas they excel at. Some are slower but are tankier so they can pull more. Some have more self healing.

    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    it still cross 2 hours easily, and no 15 min just travel time isn't realistic, to travel from Kyrian covenant for example to last fly path in Venthyr takes alone 7+ min, and while u never take that fly path in 1 go, u do take it still in total, and u still have to travel to night fae and necrolords too
    I think I flew from my covenant sanctum to another zone like 2-3 times at the beginning of SL and then I realized it takes like 10 times longer than just teleporting to Oribos and flying from there, and never did it again. Yes, if you can't add 2 and 2 together, your travelling time will be multiplied. Just teleport to SW portal room with cloak, go Oribos and fly from there. It's not rocket science, and those tools are available to everyone.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The link to the video still works, you can just open it and view it for yourself. The video shows a full clear of all anima wqs available without any pre-cleared the previous day, that was the point.



    What even is this gibberish?

    Yes, I do have arguments, ones based on facts and video evidence, which hurts a lot of people's fragile egos because they are unquestionably proven wrong

    If you don't use gliders while doing open world stuff while pathfinder is not activated yet I don't even know what you're doing man, sorry.

    As for the moonkin thing - different classes have different areas they excel at. Some are slower but are tankier so they can pull more. Some have more self healing.



    I think I flew from my covenant sanctum to another zone like 2-3 times at the beginning of SL and then I realized it takes like 10 times longer than just teleporting to Oribos and flying from there, and never did it again. Yes, if you can't add 2 and 2 together, your travelling time will be multiplied. Just teleport to SW portal room with cloak, go Oribos and fly from there. It's not rocket science, and those tools are available to everyone.
    Clearly not.

    When you are linking fastest WQ runs and projecting it on the average player, you are not in fact being logical in any way.

    Your "evidence" is as worthless as linking a video of someone taking 5 hours to complete them and saying everyone should take just as long.
    There is only bias in your statement. It's not logical or based in evidence, at all. You don't have the data for it.
    Stubburness and arrogance is spades though.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-04-23 at 12:21 PM.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Will never stop
    The "im a casual so i cant level because i have 4 wives 9 kids and 11 jobs and it taking me 3 years " tales are as old as this game
    People are often bad or lazy (which is perfectly fine i am myself often times) but dont want to admit it so they invent something instead just biting the bullet
    My favorite is the " I PLAY FOR FUN CROWD" I assume every person barring maybe people who get paid to play in tournaments plays for fun... its the most nonsensical counter point.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    They were from last week.
    i don't know what to say then i have never had world quests that took that long to do, they must be on extremely low pop servers or doing them at really slow hours

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    it still cross 2 hours easily, and no 15 min just travel time isn't realistic, to travel from Kyrian covenant for example to last fly path in Venthyr takes alone 7+ min
    No it doesn't. Flight time to from Oribos to Domination Keep was only like 2 mins and 30 seconds last time I timed it. It isn't 7 mins to fly from Kyrian Covenant to Dominance Keep. Furthest is what I assume you mean by "last".

    Edit: I just timed it and it took 4 mins to fly from Domination Keep to Hero's rest. I am going to assume it is the same time from Hero's Rest to Domination Keep. 15 for travel time is decent enough maybe add five or so mins. Because you use your hearthstone set to Oribos when it is up. In an hour it will be up 4 times.

    There are times when you finish a zone before that 15 mins is up so you can't use it and have to fly. Other times it is up so you cut 2-3 mins of flight time to Oribos off the total time. Actually time the stuff instead of going off of your perception of how long it takes. You might be surprised that when you focus on doing the anima quests it won't take you 2-3 hours.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-04-23 at 03:36 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Can we stop with the bulshit about anima farming taking hours every day now please?
    I haven't played any of SL, but I was sick of chores in both BFA and legion, even though they took around the same amount of effort as that 31 min-a-day.

    That's nearly 4 hours a week of time dedicated to doing utterly SHIT content. Almost 8 hours if you take the slower version. It's like having to wash dishes. Or vacuum. Or whatever. I should have precisely 0 reason to do chores in a game. The content can exist for those that like that type of content, but it shouldn't be something that has any actual impact on player power (at least in a raid setting).

    I raided maybe 8 hours a week across 3 days when my guild was pushing content. I shouldn't need to do an equal amount of prep work to the actual enjoyable content I'm playing the game for. Ideally, I shouldn't have to do anything. Raids should be like any other drop-in game (LoL, pubg, etc). You log in, get into the activity, and that's it. 100% of your time is spent actually doing the thing you want.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-04-23 at 03:34 PM.

  12. #132
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I think I flew from my covenant sanctum to another zone like 2-3 times at the beginning of SL and then I realized it takes like 10 times longer than just teleporting to Oribos and flying from there, and never did it again. Yes, if you can't add 2 and 2 together, your travelling time will be multiplied. Just teleport to SW portal room with cloak, go Oribos and fly from there. It's not rocket science, and those tools are available to everyone.
    the best cloak is still 2h cd, and no it isn't that fast if u using a normal pc, it at most skip 2 min of afk flying, and if u are at rush hours, it may take even longer to load orgrimmar than to just fly

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No it doesn't. Flight time to from Oribos to Domination Keep was only like 2 mins and 30 seconds last time I timed it. It isn't 7 mins to fly from Kyrian Covenant to Dominance Keep. Furthest is what I assume you mean by "last".
    yes it does, it lasts way more than just 2 min 30 second, unless u hack blizzard server to rush its server cloak

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I raided maybe 8 hours a week across 3 days when my guild was pushing content.
    if ur aim is raiding only, u don't need to farm anima at all, u just need to do renown weekly just to get last tier of ur soulbind, and that can be done by just doing world boss weekly (for 36? weeks i know, but we talk about bare minimum)
    u are 'forced' if u want to do it faster, and even that ppl did world first raids without them easily, their effect is minimum to be mandatory to just raid
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    So far it's rewarded from the 2nd or 3rd week of the campaign, no questions asked, and is account wide. I do believe you need a certain level of Renown as well, but there's a very quick catch-up for that if you aren't 40 somehow by the time 9.1 drops.
    My renown is whatever was needed to complete the original covenant questline for the achievement because I quit soon after that. I hope it's a fast catch-up lol.

  14. #134
    If only we had whistle and portals between zones instead of flying through this stupid airport capital

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I haven't played any of SL, but I was sick of chores in both BFA and legion, even though they took around the same amount of effort as that 31 min-a-day.

    That's nearly 4 hours a week of time dedicated to doing utterly SHIT content. Almost 8 hours if you take the slower version. It's like having to wash dishes. Or vacuum. Or whatever. I should have precisely 0 reason to do chores in a game. The content can exist for those that like that type of content, but it shouldn't be something that has any actual impact on player power (at least in a raid setting).

    I raided maybe 8 hours a week across 3 days when my guild was pushing content. I shouldn't need to do an equal amount of prep work to the actual enjoyable content I'm playing the game for. Ideally, I shouldn't have to do anything. Raids should be like any other drop-in game (LoL, pubg, etc). You log in, get into the activity, and that's it. 100% of your time is spent actually doing the thing you want.
    It is roughly the same give or take if you level conduits.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    yes it does, it lasts way more than just 2 min 30 second, unless u hack blizzard server to rush its server cloak
    I timed it. Domination keep to Hope's end was only 4 mins. It was technically 3:58 but I hit stop on the in-game stop watch at four cause it was an easier to type number. Maybe try timing it in the actual game rather then linking a video from months before the game actually launched. Your video even shows that he furthest Ardenwealde (root home) to the furthest in Revendreth (Dominace Keep) only took 4 mins and 30 seconds so it doesn't really show anything that different from retail.

    When I said 2 mins and 30 seconds it was for going from just Oribos to Dominace Keep. It is actually closer to 2:20 as I logged in and tested the time for your stated flight paths as my previous posts edit indicated. The total time was as I said 4 mins. Your own video still disproves you saying it takes 7 mins or longer and the rest is you not being able to properly read what I stated.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-04-23 at 11:29 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #137
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,643
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    When I said 2 mins and 30 seconds it was for going from just Oribos to Dominace Keep.
    it seems u count 'flying time' as literally the second u left of from fly master, ignoring everything else like actually the need to go to fly master in first place, wait for teleport to load to transport u downstairs (if u came from orgrimmar) and so on
    So no, u are ignoring everything else and just counting pure flying time is impractical, unless there is a method in-wow no one knows that give u instant teleport anywhere u want like from wherever u logged out to next to fly master (which ironic used to exist, why did they remove whistles exactly) u can't count that
    An easy solution would be return of whistle, an even better solution is flying (why not both like legion/bfa?), but with how SL designed it seems fly will be zone-only and u still need fly master to travel between zones, which is bullsh8t and dampen reason of flying in non-venthyr zones (fuck venthyr castlesvania)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurmat View Post
    If only we had whistle and portals between zones instead of flying through this stupid airport capital
    exactly /10char
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    it seems u count 'flying time' as literally the second u left of from fly master, ignoring everything else like actually the need to go to fly master in first place, wait for teleport to load to transport u downstairs (if u came from orgrimmar) and so on
    Why would you count time not spent using the flight master for flying time? Lol. Why would you include travel time coming from Ogrimmar when talking about flying between Shadowlands zones? Why even talk about load times that are fast unless you have an ancient computer and then that is the fault of your system and not of the game. You are purposefully including stuff just to increase the number so you can remain correct rather then just admit that you are wrong about the travel times.

    I don't think you read my original post or understood it. I said 15 mins for travel time between zones is realistic. That wasn't all the travel time you do while doing the quests in each zone. You keep trying to ignore the words used just so you can keep ranting about things. The Flight master whistle won't change much because you'll still have load times, you'll still have the time it takes to go downstairs at Ogrimmar and so on. Isn't that weird how your easy solution contradicts the stuff you added to inflate travel time numbers?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i don't know what to say then i have never had world quests that took that long to do, they must be on extremely low pop servers or doing them at really slow hours
    Or just business as usual the super terrible player that simply loves whining because he has no friends

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    So in the countless anima threads on this forum...
    OP reminds me of the youtube videos where the guy sinks a basket from 200 feet away, or kicks off the bottle-top, or shoots a golf ball out of the air with an arrow, etc...

    What you don't see are the 1000 times when it didn't go that way.

    Things they intentionally did in SL to slow things down:

    1) make you pick up callings. WHY. WHY. ****WHY*****. You can't ever hold one longer than the 3 days. You only ever have the 3 available. They're the same ones for everyone. Easy answer: force you to travel to your covenant needlessly.

    2) took away flight master whistle. Yeah, they have their ultralame BS "reason" but we all know the real one. Can't have you shaving off a few seconds every once in a while, especially in Bastion where the flight path system is the least efficiently placed in possibly the whole game.

    3) made WQs longer, gave them multiple stages, etc. This isn't engaging content; it's not fun. None of the WQs are even unique: i.e., they're all story quests that were just made repeatable. Gone are the days when you could just kill a single elite, or gather just one pile of miscellaneous bullshit. Now you have to kill 9 mobs of Type A so you can take the shards they give you and assemble them into 3 mirrors that you use to click at 3 different spots in the area, and also kill 15 mobs of Type B, then go over to an NPC on the other side of the area so you can be flown around to pick up 5 scrolls and OMG kill me. Just ridiculous.

    4) inter-zone flight path system requiring a layover in the most boring airport in the wow universe. Try to imagine in BFA if you were doing WQs in Drustvar and decided to do some in Stormsong Valley, but you had to fly back to BORALUS first. EVERY TIME. just stupid. Most of Oribos is literally empty space anyhow, there's no reason to force everyone to fly through it constantly.

    Also, side rant: why do all the anima tokens have a "USE:" function if you literally cannot use them? Just so many things they obviously did to slow down players because this whole expansion was a cake that needed more time in the oven. Why can't you use them immediately? See #1. Gotta force you to go back to the covenant base.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •