Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Will Shadowlands lead to the End Time or Is it the End Time?

Catclysm dungeon, Nozdormu became Murozond.
    A fight against Sylvanas, Tyrande, Baine and Jaina.
    Do you think End Times is happening now or after dealing with Shadowlands heralds End Times?

New broadcast text from the returned Primus:Come. There is much to do, and the Shadowlands must know that I have returned in this twilight hour.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2021-04-15 at 04:04 PM.

That Cataclysm dungeon isn't really a factor anymore. That dungeon was a "what if" scenario on if Deathwing actually won during 4.3...

Which he didn't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    But as you can see all the cast related to that dungeon are all present in Shadowlands. Does it mean Deathwing will have a comeback this time a d be successful?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    But as you can see all the cast related to that dungeon are all present in Shadowlands. Does it mean Deathwing will have a comeback this time a d be successful?
    No. No it doesn't.

Deathwing was the best villain yet in WoW, I wish he’d come back.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing is gone gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Deathwing is gone gone.
    What if it's actually an impaled older Wrathion on Wyrmrest temple?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    That Cataclysm dungeon isn't really a factor anymore. That dungeon was a "what if" scenario on if Deathwing actually won during 4.3...

Which he didn't.
    Something I'm confused about that is since Nozdormu put his energy into making Deathwing's death a fixed point that can't be undone, does that completely remove End Time as a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Going to have to explain how Wrathion got a metal jaw exactly like his father then.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....Oh damn that looks feasible!

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Something I'm confused about that is since Nozdormu put his energy into making Deathwing's death a fixed point that can't be undone, does that completely remove End Time as a possibility?
    Potentially, the End Time can STILL happen, but the way it'll happen will be completely different. Besides, Azeroth is LONG dead by the time End Time occurs, which is during Cata. And, well, Azeroth can't really be aloud to die, since we live here lol.

We basically defy fate in the End Time Dungeon. And now, in the SoD dungeon, we're gonna defeat a guy with literal Fate manipulation on a divine scale.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt it. Pretty sure it's confirmed to be Deathwing. I think they talked about how the Old God whispers told him to commit suicide there or some shit like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The End Time's dungeon was the scenario that occurred as a result of Deathwing being successful in bringing about the Old God's Hour of Twilight, the 'True End Time' that gets mentioned in the dungeon is an unknown worse outcome than the Old God's Hour of Twilight being successful and is unknown to even be a real event or a fabrication.

If you're asking if the expansion is leading up to End Time then no because above, however if you're asking if it's leading up to the 'True End Time' how are we supposed to know? Nozdormu and Murozond haven't mentioned what the 'True End Time' is or what it involved or if it's even a real event per WoW's time travel nonsense.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Murozond already lost, his place in time is forever locked in -- the madness of Nozdormu seeing his ultimate fate is what brings him to that moment.

As far as the Hour of Twilight, this is what happens when Ultraxion fights us in the Dragon Soul raid and had he won it would have resulted in Deathwing, in his madness, impaling himself on Wyrmrest Temple. This was an alternate timeline, a potential outcome that must never come to pass. Even if you pay attention to the Sylvanas and the Tyrande we fight in this iteration of Cataclysm, these versions are reflective of the versions we know at the time of Cataclysm and not the ones we are engaged with now. Sylvanas raises ghouls during her encounter, not Val'kyr or spirits as if to allude to the Mawsworn or anima constructs she might be wielding now - the ghouls are a part of the skillset she has as a Dark Ranger at that time. And equally, while Tyrande summons starlight to fight against us in the Cataclysm dungeon, she isn't fighting with the same weaponry. As well, Tyrande is beseeching Elune for blessings and boons, which is not how the Night Warrior operates - it takes the power by force, and Tyrande as well in mannerisms here is a lot more humble and less violent than the current iteration.

The Hour of Twilight already occurred, and it failed.
    As Thrall said in our victory over Deathwing - the Cataclysm is over.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

Which he didn't.
    No, it was actually the correct timeline.

Nozdormu actually had to change the timeline (something he wasn't allowed to do) by taking the Dragon Soul from a different point in time to ours to have a chance at defeating Deathwing. We basically cheated. Deathwing should've and would've won.

We are living in a 'what if' timeline ever since we diverged from the correct one.

Counterpoint, they're not the only ones present, as Anduin, Thrall, and Darion are present as well. They weren't in the End of Times dungeon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Deathwing was the best villain yet in WoW, I wish he’d come back.
    A crazed dragon that wanted to destroy the world cuz Old Gods told him to was best villain?

- - - Updated - - -

Crackpot Theory of the Month.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    No, it was actually the correct timeline.

Nozdormu actually had to change the timeline (something he wasn't allowed to do) by taking the Dragon Soul from a different point in time to ours to have a chance at defeating Deathwing. We basically cheated. Deathwing should've and would've won.

We are living in a 'what if' timeline ever since we diverged from the correct one.
    The dungeon journal describes End Time as "one of an infinite number of potential outcomes".

The lore has been destroyed. None of that End Times matters. And if it decided it mattered again, they'd probably retconned it to hell and / or ruin it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The lore has been destroyed. None of that End Times matters. And if it decided it mattered again, they'd probably retconned it to hell and / or ruin it.
    Even Nozdormu going Murozond, as he said at the end?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    A crazed dragon that wanted to destroy the world cuz Old Gods told him to was best villain?
    Not THAT Deathwing. The awesome Deathwing was the original one that was brilliant, that plotted schemed and infiltrated. That turned people against each other. HE was a great villain. The writers completely destroyed the character by turning him into some mindless crazed idiot in Cata.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.