Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I think the better question is "why does anima exist?"

I can't really see anything anima does a rep vendor couldn't do.
    Then try opening your eyes. One is a currency, the other is an unlock requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Then try opening your eyes. One is a currency, the other is an unlock requirement.
    What is the exact difference beyond the time sink?

Would the world be a radically different place if anima costs were simply vendor items for gold?

This system seems to exist because it existed not because it adds anything to the game.

Nope.

Not everyone is a speed runner.

To see you resort to this kind of "evidence" just proves whoever you were having an argument with, was right.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

Can we stop with the bulshit about anima farming taking hours every day now please?

I was impressed with the videos you linked on several aspects:

1. The boomkin was 40K health and so mythic geared. He was also a very well organized player with the gliders, engineering wormhole, and his knowledge of the bat to take you to the Parasol Quest. I will try and remember that trick.....very nicely done! He had wonderful aoe damage with his gear and the druid's travel speed was shining. Got to love those travel powers .......says my warrior...lol.

2. The second DH was a bit less geared than the boomkin with only 36K health. Probably only running m +15's or so. I watched with a smile as he did anywhere from 5K - 16K dps on quest packs. Great class/spec choice and he definitely knew his abilities! Just watching the bad guys melt under all that DH aoe was marvelous ...... says my arcane mage....lol.

Thanks for posting those videos! It is great to see well organized players with lovely gear just run rampant through quests. I asked several of my KSM friends how they fare in world quests and they replied as you might imagine. They are easy and fast when they are motivated to do any (not very often they say). I will try to use what I learned in the videos to improve my world quest times by killing mobs faster.

Stay safe and have fun!

So in the countless anima threads on this forum I've seen people claiming that anima world quests take multiple hours a day and that it's some crazy farm that no one in their right mind will ever do. Of course no one bothered to prove anything to random forum trolls because they wouldn't care either way, but it turns out that 'one of the streamers' made a challenge of sorts and some people bothered to answer to that.
    No one cared to prove them wrong because everyone knew they were spewing BS and anyone who has actually tried it knows it takes ~30-60 minutes to do them all depending on class/gear/type of wq/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    Iand his knowledge of the bat to take you to the Parasol Quest. I will try and remember that trick.
    Honestly I felt stupid when I found that one out. I was usually manually running there. One day I said "Let's take the bat and see where it goes". After that it made me feel dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ll be fine once flying comes out
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Not sure I've seen anyone claim it's 3-4 hours. It's usually around an hour depending on the more annoying quests that can appear.

The issue is simply that the reward is not worth that hour of tedious gameplay.
    This. I don't mind doing them even just as casual. I can look at them and decide not to do some if that's my choice or do 20 in a day to finish a weekly in like an hour or so. But this holds true the rewards are shit when things are going for 5000+ each (sure there are things for 1500 and lower) but the big things just make you grind. Again not that I mind anymore since it's just cosmetic things and maybe a mount here or there yet at the end of the day doing it on more than 1 toon and seeing the rewards (ie anima) just not accounting to much is meh. Classic was worse for the grind I'll agree but that didn't feel like this does.
    Last edited by cidic; 2021-04-23 at 12:54 AM.

Doesnt take 2-4 hours, but it also doesnt take 30 minutes. Its a good example of how personal opinions can influence information.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so if u want to do all anima quests and not just do the call and be done that easily goes over 2 hours, and if u just started and didn't unlock every fly path (or have a sh8t covenant travel portals like Necrolords ones, they s8ck a88), that can go to 3 hours if u want to focus on anima daily
    I don't, hence why i average 2h because i just do calls and done
    Travel between zones may add 15 mins total but not per zone. It should not take anyone 3 hours to do all of the daily anima quests up. We are talking about 8-11 quests. If you are averaging 2 hours from just doing the callings then you are really doing stuff wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    This. I don't mind doing them even just as casual. I can look at them and decide not to do some if that's my choice or do 20 in a day to finish a weekly in like an hour or so. But this holds true the rewards are shit when things are going for 5000+ each (sure there are things for 1500 and lower) but the big things just make you grind. Again not that I mind anymore since it's just cosmetic things and maybe a mount here or there yet at the end of the day doing it on more than 1 toon and seeing the rewards (ie anima) just not accounting to much is meh. Classic was worse for the grind I'll agree but that didn't feel like this does.
    All of the Cosmetic rewards are below 5,000 anima. The mounts are 5,000 and I don't recall off the top of my head anything higher then 5,000. The only thing that costs over 5,000 are the sanctum upgrades. Once you unlock the rank 3 achievement you can easily get 2-3k anima per day which gives you a healthy stream of cosmetics per week. Or rank 4 and 5 of the covenant special faster.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Takes me 4-5 hours to do all WQs with anima on my 4 characters, depends also on WQs, some are so tedious, for example WQ in Maldraxxus, where you become a mushroom npc or "Spider on the Wall" one.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Travel between zones may add 15 mins total but not per zone. It should not take anyone 3 hours to do all of the daily anima quests up. We are talking about 8-11 quests. If you are averaging 2 hours from just doing the callings then you are really doing stuff wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

All of the Cosmetic rewards are below 5,000 anima. The mounts are 5,000 and I don't recall off the top of my head anything higher then 5,000. The only thing that costs over 5,000 are the sanctum upgrades. Once you unlock the rank 3 achievement you can easily get 2-3k anima per day which gives you a healthy stream of cosmetics per week. Or rank 4 and 5 of the covenant special faster.
    I'm not even close to that. Have 2 on lvl 2 and the other 2 on level 1 still. Yes, pretty much all are 5k correct I was speaking more on the upgrades themselves which is kinda a pain to wait it out but meh? As it is I'm just saving till I have enough to knock everything to lvl 2 and maybe 2 lvl 3's. Don't mind the grind but when I really don't have that much time at times it's more of a chore however if you are pulling 2-3k per week after lvl 3 that makes it a bit nicer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    I'm not even close to that. Have 2 on lvl 2 and the other 2 on level 1 still. Yes, pretty much all are 5k correct I was speaking more on the upgrades themselves which is kinda a pain to wait it out but meh? As it is I'm just saving till I have enough to knock everything to lvl 2 and maybe 2 lvl 3's. Don't mind the grind but when I really don't have that much time at times it's more of a chore however if you are pulling 2-3k per week after lvl 3 that makes it a bit nicer.
    When you have rank 3 achievement you can get 2-3k a day just from doing all the anima quests up that day. You can get over 2k from clearing the 8 raid bosses each week and LFR counts for that. Even with out the achievements doing LFR each week will help get it there. If you only get 1k a week sure it will take a long time to get 5k and then 10k for rank 3.

But it really isn't that hard at all to get anima as long as you play a little bit.4
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So this pretty much confirms what most people have been saying. About 1-2 hours for the average player to complete anima WQ's each day.

And lol at the false equivalency of trying to equate WQ grinding to doing dungeons and raids over and over again. In one you spend most of your time in combat using your abilities (you know, playing the game). In the other you spend a good chunk of time traveling between locations (either on 3+ minute flight paths between zones or on a ground mount making your way around various obstacles) which then culminates in sometimes combat, sometimes just moving around and clicking shit.

WQs were a good addition to the game when you could target a couple of them here and there for items you actually wanted (do a WQ, get something useful is a nice, rewarding experience), or do a set of 3-4 WQs in a particular zone for a boost in rep and a chest. Having to dedicate 1.5 hours every day just to do 10-12 WQs which reward only minor incremental currency gains makes for a pretty shitty gaming experience. Covenants were essentially the casual portion of this expansion with almost no power gains beyond the relatively quick renown climb, so gating the rest of their progress behind a grind that many casual players won't enjoy was a pretty poor design choice.

The players who are totally fine dedicating 7 hours every week to grinding through the same, unrewarding WQs were going to finish with Covenants within several months. For the majority of players who aren't prepared to spend almost a full workday's worth of time on these each week, who like to spend their WoW time doing various activities (many of which don't reward anima), and who sometimes take short breaks from the game completing their Covenant progression might not even be possible by the end of the expansion (assuming anima gains aren't MASSIVELY boosted in the second half of the expansion, AND they don't add more upgrades/items in that time).
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2021-04-23 at 06:30 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Why are you farming anima? For cosmetics? You can farm rep for hours on end every day as well, why aren't you complaining about that?
    Who is complaining?
    I am simply stating an obvious fact

Takes me 1.5-2hrs max depending on how many annoying quests there are (i.e. getting 20 weapons from little shits in NF zone).
    On some days it's more like 30minutes most of the quests are in bastion and only few in other zones - got wormhole tp and on some days it's on the longer side, but certainly never more than two hours even if I start slacking a bit watching twitch or yt.
    Maw probably takes 30min up to an hour if I want to minmax stygia gain, but I really rarely do it currently - have all conduits and sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    And let's be honest, do that anima thing on an undergeared rogue, and it is an entirely different story.
    I just dinged 60 on a Shaman, so their gear is terrible, and doing things is awful. Many placers where you can't avoid multiple mobs at once, and if your cooldowns are on CD that's dicey. What's more, the graveyards are often a long way from the quest locations and with the very three-dimensional zones in SL that means a long run back from any mistake.

Levelling was quick and easy via chain-running dungeons (it seems there's a healer shortage in levelling instances), but the post-60 covenant campaign and general catch-up is terrible. It's dull, and there's only one way of doing it - you really have to do the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    What is the exact difference beyond the time sink?

Would the world be a radically different place if anima costs were simply vendor items for gold?

This system seems to exist because it existed not because it adds anything to the game.
    The difference is you get reputation quickly once, and then you can buy everything for gold if your only requirement is rep.

Anima is a currency that you farm to buy stuff, that also has other requirements very often (rep, renown, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Nope.

Not everyone is a speed runner.

To see you resort to this kind of "evidence" just proves whoever you were having an argument with, was right.
    Thanks for proving you haven't watched even 5 minutes of the videos linked. None of them are speedruns.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No one cared to prove them wrong because everyone knew they were spewing BS and anyone who has actually tried it knows it takes ~30-60 minutes to do them all depending on class/gear/type of wq/etc.
    Here's the problem: about half the criticism of the game on-line is that kind of easily debunkable BS, and by not addressing it, we are letting it spread. It's the same with fake news and conspiracies in real life as well. It's easy to assume "this is so fake no one will believe it" but by not speaking out about it, more and more people just buy into it and it becomes the so called "general consensus" that is based on pure lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Doesnt take 2-4 hours, but it also doesnt take 30 minutes. Its a good example of how personal opinions can influence information.
    It takes about 30-60 minutes depending on gear, quest selection and other factors, as proven in the thread. It has nothing to do with opinions. There are literal recordings of it.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-04-23 at 07:37 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    In other news - every day I don't do world quests, it takes me no time to do world quests.

Cherry picking days with the fewest and easiest WQs is not a great way to get valid data.

On a normal day ... travel time for all the anima WQs is an hour all up, if you are lucky and all the anima quests are in your home zone that is quicker of course.

For example - took me 25 minutes to do ONE anima WQ today, half of that was travel time.
    Maybe just stop being bad? How do you take 12 minutes of travel time?

Hs in covenant hall, so you have that zone covered
    Dalaran Hs to capital to oribos. Boom you're in the other zones

Or be an engineer and have every zone portal on a 15 minute cooldowns

If traveling takes you twelve and a half minutes, you're doing it wrong.

The difference is you get reputation quickly once, and then you can buy everything for gold if your only requirement is rep.

Anima is a currency that you farm to buy stuff, that also has other requirements very often (rep, renown, etc).

Thanks for proving you haven't watched even 5 minutes of the videos linked. None of them are speedruns.

Here's the problem: about half the criticism of the game on-line is that kind of easily debunkable BS, and by not addressing it, we are letting it spread. It's the same with fake news and conspiracies in real life as well. It's easy to assume "this is so fake no one will believe it" but by not speaking out about it, more and more people just buy into it and it becomes the so called "general consensus" that is based on pure lies.

It takes about 30-60 minutes depending on gear, quest selection and other factors, as proven in the thread. It has nothing to do with opinions. There are literal recordings of it.
    I can see why you have arguments when you are this stubburn.
    Yes, those videos are speed running.
    Yes, not every class has the moonkin AoE. Yes, not everyone is willing to use goblin gliders. That IS speed running.

Being stubburn doesn't mean you are right. No matter how stubburn you want to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    how many did he do in the video in 31 minutes or whatever? if you clear all the anima quests one day chances are you'll have fewer the next given the quests are actually staggered with the only exceptions being the pet battles, bosses and quests related to callings which all reset with dalies. so if you complete all the new ones that pop up with reset and check back 12-14 hours later you'll have a few more potentially but very few. complete those and you'll have very few the next day as well.