Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The ultimate debunk to the "anima WQs take 3-4 hours a day" arguments

So in the countless anima threads on this forum I've seen people claiming that anima world quests take multiple hours a day and that it's some crazy farm that no one in their right mind will ever do. Of course no one bothered to prove anything to random forum trolls because they wouldn't care either way, but it turns out that 'one of the streamers' made a challenge of sorts and some people bothered to answer to that.

Here's a video of a guy completing every anima world quest available within a day in 31 minutes.

And no, he's not using any crazy optimization tactics either. Unless you consider a goblin glider, or moonkin's aoe to be such "haxes".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RiDAoW5kYw

Here's another one - more casual, this one in 57 minutes. (Under one hour). Double the time of the above, but still under an hour which is easily time that anyone can devote to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEhlO4lVE4w

Can we stop with the bulshit about anima farming taking hours every day now please?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've stopped paying attention to the countless whine threads in this place, only offering my 2 cents on fun threads, usually.
    But did people really claim this?

I'm currently decked out in my covenant's exalted anima-bought transmog gear with having all sanctum things maxed out, and I never, ever spent more than an hour a day anima farming. Granted, I spent a little more killing rares for pets, mounts and mog, but I dont call that anima farming.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

those threads were probably from back when the expansion was new and gear was scarce why were quite quick now for geard tons doesn't stop them from being boring tho,

i do what's required of me for the calling (when its 3 world quests) the world boss and profession quests and that's it the exception to this is world quest week and im almost full rank 2 on all upgrades bar garden which is almost rank 5 on my main

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    even if they did take 3-4 hours a day; only do them if you want to do them. it's not necessary for gameplay and offers no advantage for players. the only thing players HAVE to do is the collect 1000 anima for renown, and that really doesn't take that long

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I've stopped paying attention to the countless whine threads in this place, only offering my 2 cents on fun threads, usually.
    But did people really claim this?
    I'm getting flashbacks about Classic and people claiming the raids are going to be extremely hard. And then everyone trying to deny these claims ever happened when the truth was painfuly obvious and easily objectively testable.

Yes, people did claim this. Most of the posters here on this forum actually, and not at the beginning of SL, but in the recent weeks Those who were saying that you can easily do an anima sweep including the anima conductor events in like 1,5-2 hours and the WQs themselves in just about 1 hour were, as usual, labeled as blizzard fanboys, bootlickers and other favorite troll words.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter the time it takes. Some are faster some are slower. If you want to do them, do them, if you don't want to - don't.

Don't blame Blizzard for not making all content 100% catering to a single person.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Speed runners also finish leveling in 4 hours or something.
    Doesn't mean I won't need 2 hours for those WQs.

WQs are boring. Even if they're fast.
    I'm not sure what's the argument here.

Wow that's impressive. Too bad there are 4 covenants, so it looks like 4 hours is about right.
    Thanks for proving that OP.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Speed runners also finish leveling in 4 hours or something.
    Doesn't mean I won't need 2 hours for those WQs.
    If you enjoy sightseeing, then indeed it can take two hours. But why should anyone blame Blizzard for your love to sightsee...?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Here's a video of a guy completing every anima world quest available within a day in 31 minutes.
    In other news - every day I don't do world quests, it takes me no time to do world quests.

Cherry picking days with the fewest and easiest WQs is not a great way to get valid data.

On a normal day ... travel time for all the anima WQs is an hour all up, if you are lucky and all the anima quests are in your home zone that is quicker of course.

For example - took me 25 minutes to do ONE anima WQ today, half of that was travel time.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most inaccurate video ever.

Most of the times it takes far, far longer than that.

So? Now there are four covenants, so simply taking your numbers in considerations we would be at 2-4 hours just blindly farming the same quests over and over to unlock all available things.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    In other news - every day I don't do world quests, it takes me no time to do world quests.

Cherry picking days with the fewest and easiest WQs is not a great way to get valid data.

On a normal day ... travel time for all the anima WQs is an hour all up, if you are lucky and all the anima quests are in your home zone that is quicker of course.

For example - took me 25 minutes to do ONE anima WQ today, half of that was travel time.
    And its probably a difference if you have great gear 220+.if you know the quest. If there are no other players stealing your mobs etc.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to quest.
    Quests should be kill that boss over there.

But not click these things 20 times. Then use that item 20 times. Then kill 20 wolves. Collect 20 pelts and click that item 20 times. I don't know why anyone would want to do that..

Then there are quests where you could aoe everything down.
    But some smart dev though it's a cool idea to have you use that item with a 2 sec cast time. For one enemy. With 20 sec CD. What teh ffff
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-04-21 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Most inaccurate video ever.

Most of the times it takes far, far longer than that.
    Why are you farming anima? For cosmetics? You can farm rep for hours on end every day as well, why aren't you complaining about that?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    even if they did take 3-4 hours a day; only do them if you want to do them. it's not necessary for gameplay and offers no advantage for players. the only thing players HAVE to do is the collect 1000 anima for renown, and that really doesn't take that long
    Even that's not necessary, it just means you'll be lagging a week behind due to the catch-up mechanic. With that said, doing the world boss + LFR should net around 70% of that, maybe more (it's been about a month since I last played WoW, due to other things taking priority).

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Err, what? Did you forget you had a mount, let alone flight paths?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    And its probably a difference if you have great gear 220+.if you know the quest. If there are no other players stealing your mobs etc.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to quest.
    Quests should be kill that boss over there.

But not click these things 20 times. Then use that item 20 times. Then kill 20 wolves. Collect 20 pelts and click that item 20 times. I don't know why anyone would want to do that.
    Then don't. You don't fall behind at all by not farming anima. Nobody even semi-serious about gearing in WoW has to do WQs at all.

several WQ across several zones in 31min? maybe if you are en engineer and there are no setbacks/waiting at all. did he also do two laps (morning/evening) to actually cover all WQs for a day?

1-2 hours a day sounds more reasonable. (which is fairly in line with previous expansions before flying unlocked)

don't think i've ever seen anyone say it takes 3-4 hours to do just that.

of'course the amount of time per day isn't really the issue, it's how boring the content is, the lack of alternative content (that part has been adressed), how many days total you have to do it vs the quality of the reward you get in return.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-04-21 at 11:28 AM.

Seeing that people spend 57 minutes doing world quests... is insane.
    It's not that bad if they really enjoy it, something like monster hunts in Monster Hunter, or speedrunning rifts for shit and giggle in Diablo 3.
    If it's their cup of tea, more power to them!

But if somebody claims to "farming anima for 57 minutes each day, just to fill in the quota", they are bonkers, and have an addiction problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    See, that is the hipocrasy I love.
    Almost nothing is "necessary" in WoW by default. You make it necessary because you want something. Leveling pets is not "necessary" unless you want to do petbattles in the new expansion. Stygia is not necessary, unless you are interested increasing your characters power by ~2% via sockets.

Content becomes necessary, if it is the only reasonable means of getting to the thing you want. And that is currently a big problem in WoW, many things only come from 1 source, or it is atleast incredibly inefficient to get them somewhere else. And that is the issue, because people might enjoy something, like expanding there covenant, but if you get the anima from m+, you are horribly inefficient.

And let's be honest, do that anima thing on an undergeared rogue, and it is an entirely different story.

The question is why would anyone even want to farm anima after getting the 1-2 cosmetics that interest him?