Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • No no and no I should be comfortable, they should stand and wear a suit too

0 0%
  • Yes, Sure why not comfortable employee makes better work

30 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Israel did the right thing in this situation:

In 2007 the Law on the Right to Sit in Employment was passed in Israel. The law obliges the employer to "provide the employee in the place of employment with a seat for work" and forbids "preventing an employee from sitting during work, unless the regular performance of the work does not enable sitting". The law additionally obliges employers to supply their employees with "proper chairs, which have back support, in a sufficient number and in good condition, for sitting during breaks in work".
    Your company image does not override people's human dignity.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Usually a mild recline, but not too much as you don't want to impact your posture and cause back problems.

This thread is a Seinfeld episode...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

why is this even a question if the employee is suffering from a physical medical ailment why not allow them to sit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    There isn't a single supermarket here in my european country that forces their cashiers to stand.

That said, I know a few people who prefer to have a standing desk at their work, because they prefer to stand instead of sit all day.
    here in the u.s. unless you have some sort of medical condition you spend the whole day standing or kneeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Standing all the time is no worse than sitting all the time. We have hight adjustable desks for that reason, so we can do both.
    how to spot someone who has NEVER worked in retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Absolutely disgusting.

If I had a business I'd cover all surfaces with spikes so that the slavesworkers would never be off of their feet.
    i'm going to assume this is a joke.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Seriously? Does this need discussion? Guys, fuck off from the cashiers. They receive a small salary. And before you talk about standing or sitting, try to stand still for 12 hours. Yes, at least an hour. You can't. Because more than half of you are office clerks who sit on chairs all day. And me too, but I don't talk about what and who needs to do.

This is my opinion, and I'm waiting for your tomatoes on my face

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

When you go into a restaurant, or get gas or even get checked out at a store how do you feel about an employee sitting as they serve you are you for or against it?
    This is different pr. work area. Restaurants you expect them to standing greet you here, and it is common courtesy as they after all are meant to lead you to your table anyways. As for cashiers, they are commonly permitted to sit because their workday is mostly going to be there at the till. As for gas stations, you pay at the pump but if you enter the shop, the clerk will be standing to meet you face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    If you owned a business like the stated above would you allow your employee's to sit provided they have all their other duties complete as they wait to serve customers.?
    If I owned a restaurant and there were no customers to serve, then of course if they want, sit.
    If I owned a grocery store and there were no items to restock, basic cleaning (spill etc) or people to help at the till, then of course if they want, sit.
    If I owned a gestation and no customers at the pumps outside or in the store as well as no restocking or maintenance, then of course if they want, sit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Standing is bad for the human body and shouldn't be allowed. Employers who make workers stand need guillotines now.
    Standing is bad for your body the whole day - just like sitting down the whole day is bad for the employee too. You need rotating tasks to keep employees moving, standing and sitting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daughterofgirl View Post
    Seriously? Does this need discussion? Guys, fuck off from the cashiers. They receive a small salary. And before you talk about standing or sitting, try to stand still for 12 hours. Yes, at least an hour. You can't. Because more than half of you are office clerks who sit on chairs all day. And me too, but I don't talk about what and who needs to do.

This is my opinion, and I'm waiting for your tomatoes on my face
    At my current work, we are told to keep our work position dynamic. Stand as long as we want, but remember to sit. Sit as long as we want, but remember to stand.

This is as support and technician.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

When people think that going shopping at the mall makes them gods to boss around employees.

Scott from Ikea has words:

Haven't you ever worked anywhere before?

I really don't see why not. I was trying to think of a situation where it'd be weird, maybe if you were at a restaurant and the waiter just kind of sat down next to you while asking for your orders. That'd be kind of weird. But if they were sitting in a moment where they didn't need to be standing for one reason or another like the picture I really don't see why I would possibly care.

Can you do your job when I am needing you to do your job? Yes? Good. That's the bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.