Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Slime Serpent & Mage Tower

Slime Serpent is going to be the new Mage Tower.

That would be highly disappointing, considering the reward.

Doing those ~10 trash mobs plus two bosses on heroic is nothing like the mage tower.

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Did you even do the Mage Tower?
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

5+ Year Old Account
    It actually is a new Mage Tower. It's really challenging for mage, there is this whole fungomancer spell steal add management. Also trash killing and it resets everyday so can't really sit there too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently people can share their solo'd dungeon instance to other players and help them to get the mount easier, so no?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no clue what this thread is supposed to be about.

Slime Serpent will be the new bronze drake within 2 patches.

Literally did it within 30 minutes of finding out about it. Never did mage tower.

Expect to see in the future dungeon bosses tuned to specific classes that have to be soloed at a certain difficulty (heroic) for a class specific reward.

Mage Tower was the first protype for this.

The "hunter only" zul encounter was the next.

Slime Serpent is the learning if having it in dungeons is the new test.

Expect to see a "Solo <boss> on Heroic difficulty as a <Class> for <Class Unique Reward>"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Did you even do the Mage Tower?
    "Whats a Twisted Reflection?"

Whatever you are on, share with the masses, please. It looks fun.

Something being a "challenge" doesn't suddenly make it like the Mage Tower.

Even during Legion there was still the solo challenge for hunters to get Fenryr for taming.

The Mage Tower was actually tweaked and tuned so it was different for each class a bit so they can handle it.

Was it perfect, no. There was still outliners of course like the tank challenge being far harder for prot paladins at first, but there was variance between each challenge to account for toolkits for the classes.

This was not. As seen by how easy it is for any tank to get, meanwhile most DPS are struggling unless they're mythic geared.

Expect to see in the future dungeon bosses tuned to specific classes that have to be soloed at a certain difficulty (heroic) for a class specific reward.

Mage Tower was the first protype for this.

The "hunter only" zul encounter was the next.

Slime Serpent is the learning if having it in dungeons is the new test.

Expect to see a "Solo <boss> on Heroic difficulty as a <Class> for <Class Unique Reward>"

- - - Updated - - -

"Whats a Twisted Reflection?"
    Something easily googled. lol.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Unlike the mage tower, this will be completely outgeared in the same expansion and if you want to do it in the next expansion it won't be going away. So that urgency of doing it before it's cut off is gone. It really isn't anything like the mage tower at all, except that it's a bit challenging right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Unlike the mage tower, this will be completely outgeared in the same expansion and if you want to do it in the next expansion it won't be going away. So that urgency of doing it before it's cut off is gone. It really isn't anything like the mage tower at all, except that it's a bit challenging right now.
    I mean by 7.3.5 I was able to do mage tower easily with nearly fresh toons by just getting them some LFR gear and legendaries. I think in the last week or 2 I leveled a couple classes and got multiple specs their mage tower appearances. By the end of the expansion it was nearly a joke for many specs. Although you still needed to execute the mechanics properly. It was just much more forgiving. Some of them were still hard though. I think one of the rogues ones I wasn't able to do.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-04-23 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Slime Serpent will be the new bronze drake within 2 patches.
    But my entitlement wants it now!

I mean technically I wanted it 4 months ago, but the world was slow and didn't discover it for me quick enough , so sadly I had to wait to feel accomplished for accomplishing a secret thing... boy was I sad when I realized that secret thing others discovered for me requires more effort than I'm willing to put in now and I'll have to wait ANOTHER 4 months until I can hope to get it

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I mean by 7.3.5 I was able to do mage tower easily with nearly fresh toons by just getting them some LFR gear and legendaries. I think in the last week or 2 I leveled a couple classes and got multiple specs their mage tower appearances. By the end of the expansion it was nearly a joke for many specs. Although you still needed to execute the mechanics properly. It was just much more forgiving. Some of them were still hard though. I think one of the rogues ones I wasn't able to do.
    The sub rogue one was still a pain in the neck, I think it was the last one I did overall. Required still perfect execution of the mechanics otherwise the void boss at the end would smash you into pieces, without much of a way to recover from it from what I remember.

No, why? Not even close. They are two different things.
    MT was a tailored challenge for each spec, you couldn't go in as a Tank to do the healer or DPS spec challenge.
    The Serpent is not even a challenge, the most "difficult" part can be done by someone else.

In the same sense I won’t do either? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The sub rogue one was still a pain in the neck, I think it was the last one I did overall. Required still perfect execution of the mechanics otherwise the void boss at the end would smash you into pieces, without much of a way to recover from it from what I remember.
    I think I got the void dude to really low health and then died and I kind of rage quitted and moved on to try another character. It was kind of a mad dash to get as many as I could and I didn't want to waste my time smashing my head on it. But yes it was definitely the sub rogue one. God that was so annoying.