Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No? You bought generic covenant weapon XY instead of f.e. Denathrius' sword. I would rather get my hands on Sylvanas' bow instead of a generic covenant gun, thanks.
    There's absolutely nothing stopping them from making the Sylvanas weapon token give that bow for hunters. Just because Castle Narnia gave covenant themed weapons doesn't mean tokens == covenant/generic weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    if not, as it shows now Guardian druid gets no max ilvl wpn whilst other classes does.
    It's always the same classes getting the high ilevel weapons as well. If they at least rotated it a bit each time, I could maybe accept it even if it's still stupid when there's a better alternative. But if it's always the same classes, that's bullshit and they should just do tokens instead.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I like it this way, way more.
    Tokens always feels... cheap.

I never get the feeling of "yeah a new weapon" with tokens. IMHO this is part of let loot be loot. No WF/TF, no Tokens and bullshit like that.
    I’m in the same boat. Loot feels more meaningful when it drops off the boss rather than a trade in token. I went 2 weeks with a 226 weapon token in my bag simply because the token system is so boring I forgot all about it.

As for the people who think this handicaps them, blizzard could always do something like bad luck loot protection

Example: in destiny 2, if you don’t get the exotic you want, your characters invisible luck stat increases until inevitably, it’s 100% drop for you.

Why not have a similar system for WoW with 1 targetable item per tier?

I like it this way, way more.
    Tokens always feels... cheap.

I never get the feeling of "yeah a new weapon" with tokens. IMHO this is part of let loot be loot. No WF/TF, no Tokens and bullshit like that.
    That would be fine if they weren't consistently unfair with the distribution of who gets the high ilevel stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I’m in the same boat. Loot feels more meaningful when it drops off the boss rather than a trade in token. I went 2 weeks with a 226 weapon token in my bag simply because the token system is so boring I forgot all about it.

As for the people who think this handicaps them, blizzard could always do something like bad luck loot protection

Example: in destiny 2, if you don’t get the exotic you want, your characters invisible luck stat increases until inevitably, it’s 100% drop for you.

Why not have a similar system for WoW with 1 targetable item per tier?
    Because that doesn't solve the problem of there literally not being a max ilevel agi 2h(for example). It doesn't matter if there's BLP if the item straight up doesn't exist.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    That would be fine if they weren't consistently unfair with the distribution of who gets the high ilevel stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Because that doesn't solve the problem of there literally not being a max ilevel agi 2h(for example). It doesn't matter if there's BLP if the item straight up doesn't exist.
    Well, I can’t fix blizzards incompetence. That’s outrageous tbh, even classic had that

Blizzard isn’t exactly firing on all cylinders lately

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly i don't care about that. I raid mythic too. If someone gets better stuff than me. Good for them. Next time i get it. Better this way than boring loot without a soul.

I like raiding. But raiding gets really boring after a while if the loor is just cookiecutter same for everyone.

Honestly i don't care about that. I raid mythic too. If someone gets better stuff than me. Good for them. Next time i get it. Better this way than boring loot without a soul.

I like raiding. But raiding gets really boring after a while if the loor is just cookiecutter same for everyone.
    No, you don't, because it's always the same weapon types that get left out of the last boss loot tables whenever they don't just put them all there.

I completely agree that if they actually did change it up and different people got the max ilevel weapons each tier, that'd be okay(not perfect, but okay), but they don't.

Sanctum of Domination: int staff, str 2h, shield, bow, agi dagger
    Ny'alotha: str 2h, gun, str 1h, agi dagger, int sword
    HFC: str 2h, int staff, int mace
    Deathwing and Lich King had weapons for everybody.

Notice how non-dagger agi 1h and agi 2h don't exist at all while 2h str is always there. That's 1 hunter spec, 1 rogue spec, 1 shaman spec, 2 monk specs, 2 druid specs and 2 DH specs that have never had a weapon from the last boss unless everybody got one.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-04-22 at 12:42 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

No, you don't, because it's always the same weapon types that get left out of the last boss loot tables whenever they don't just put them all there.

I completely agree that if they actually did change it up and different people got the max ilevel weapons each tier, that'd be okay(not perfect, but okay), but they don't.
    Doesn't Sire drop every single weapon token and generals both off hands? At least that is what every website is saying.
    As for dispersion before that: It is not equal true. But if every single wepaon drops form ONE boss just to make it fair in regards to how far you have to go into the raid to get it, would mean less drops overall.
    You could get 3 wepaons from each of the 4 weapon bosses + sire/generals right now in one run (theoretical) If it comes from one boss you get max 3 for every ID + sire/generals

Doesn't Sire drop every single weapon token and generals both off hands? At least that is what every website is saying.
    As for dispersion before that: It is not equal true. But if every single wepaon drops form ONE boss just to make it fair in regards to how far you have to go into the raid to get it, would mean less drops overall.
    You could get 3 wepaons from each of the 4 weapon bosses + sire/generals right now in one run (theoretical) If it comes from one boss you get max 3 for every ID + sire/generals
    Yes, Sire does. Kel'thuzad/Sylvanas don't. Carapace/N'zoth didn't. Archimonde didn't. It's not about fairness in how far you have to progress, it's about fairness in even having a weapon that drops at the highest ilevel at all.

If we imagine a raid with 3 wings and then 2 final bosses, the obvious solution is to have everybody's weapon spread across the end boss of each wing, and then another weapon for everybody spread between the final 2 bosses. In Castle Nathria that could mean Inerva/Council/Sludgefist drop weapons and then SLG/Dennis drop higher ilevel weapons.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-04-22 at 12:48 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yes, Sire does. Kel'thuzad/Sylvanas don't. Carapace/N'zoth didn't. Archimonde didn't. It's not about fairness in how far you have to progress, it's about fairness in even having a weapon that drops at the highest ilevel at all.

If we imagine a raid with 3 wings and then 2 final bosses, the obvious solution is to have everybody's weapon spread across the end boss of each wing, and then another weapon for everybody spread between the final 2 bosses. In Castle Nathria that could mean Inerva/Council/Sludgefist drop weapons and then SLG/Dennis drop higher ilevel weapons.
    Ok lets talk again when the PTR hits the final stages^^ We also have the strnght trinket from Sylvanas which could upset the balance. We have the bow which will DEFINETLY upset balance. I don't hink this is too big of a problem tbh. For me at least the feel of it is more important.And if my ilvl is 226 or 230 doesn't matter too much... well for me^^
    But i get where you are coming from. Hell maybe the classes who use 1H swords get some crazy ass trinket which will offset the disadvantage off not having the weapon a few level higher

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tokens is the smartest system but most players with short attention spans find it lackluster as they forget what they can turn the tokens into and would rather want a worse system that is more likely to screw them over harder than they can themselves by forgeting about a token sitting in their bags.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    if not, as it shows now Guardian druid gets no max ilvl wpn whilst other classes does.
    Feral, guardian, surv, WW, and BrM all can be played using a 2h agi polearm or staff. That is 5 specs for for agi polearms and staves.

The worst offenders are agi daggers, warglaives, and guns/bows/crossbows. Each of those is only used exclusively by two specs of a single class. Weapon tokens really should remain cause so many weapon types aren't functional for more than two specs. I'm in favor of the token system simply because it makes it easier to throw weapons from raiders who got unlucky in having yet another weapon token drop to raiders who got unlucky in not having had any weapon token drop.

Though if you're speaking about the loot table I'd hope it is just an incomplete list (I haven't seen the loot table for the upcoming raid, so I don't know what weaps are missing from it), because literally 3 specs require an agi 2h (surv, Feral, and Guardian) for their weapon, unless I'm forgetting something and they gave dual wield to druids. If that is the final list and they're literally fucking over Feral and Guardian, yeah, that just blows (Surv has been fucked ever since it turned into a melee spec, nothing will change that unless they make it at least competitive with MM and BM, if not outright better than them).

They absolutely should stick to weapon tokens if the alternative is fucking over entire specs.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-04-22 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    we did just fine for several expansions like that, they may even give us back bonus rolls, so chill
    Hahahaha, oh no we did not.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post

They absolutely should stick to weapon tokens if the alternative is fucking over entire specs.
    Considering weapons are the most important for every class/spec afaik, and that can also be the slot ppl wait the longest for (ive still havent gotten a huntsman wpn on my druid bare in mind), they should really add something completly different, we saw in CN how big of an impact the 233 pvp wpns had on progress.
    Just make every boss drop a token and once you have let's say 25 of them you can trade them in for a wpn. If you have 25 AND a special token from one of the last 2 bosses you can get a higher ilvl version of it.

There is by far to much rng already, lets not make people suffer more than they should.

We have a raider in our team who still got a 213 wpn, he farmed shitloads of m+ to get one, raided every lockout pretty much, and nothing in vault. The BIGGEST by far slot upgrade for him and it just doesn't appear.
    (Edit: seems he finally got a 220 the other week from upgrading a m+ wpn). still doesnt change how dumb this can be.

as it looks atm there is.

2 Agi daggers (one being higher ilvl)
    2 int staffs(one being higher ilvl)
    3 shields (one being higher ilvl)
    3 str 2handed wpns (one being higher ilvl)

below are without higher ilvl on last 2.
    1 agi axe
    1 agi mace
    2 int offhands.
    1 int 1h mace
    2 str 1handers
    1 int dagger
    1 int sword
    2 agi 2handers
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2021-04-22 at 03:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I haven't played since BfA so I had to look up what the hell a weapon token was. Raids are seriously giving out teir tokens for weapons now?

Nothing more satisfying seeing a weapon drop and knowing it's your turn. I want it handed to me while we gather our spoils of victory. I don't want to go to an NPC, and trade him something for something more powerful then what I could get from a boss.

Now, if you gotta gather all the parts over time, think legendary weapon quests, then I'm all for it. But getting a token, and going to a vendor for an weapon seems silly.

Still a bit too early to say. Knowing Blizzard they just forgot that the last raid had weapon tokens and they haven't updated the new raid's item list to reflect this.